BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

GTB Performance

10-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #67
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
All Lexus cars are for Females...

Stick with the M3 or maybe a C63 both look better then the IS-F thats for sure.
Sorry but I have to laugh as such a statement, 'Lexus are for Females'

Where did that conclusion come from?

Especially a car like the IS-F.
footie is offline   No_Country
      10-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #68
Jonmartin
Banned

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

Its almost as funny as how you think Audi owns the road....
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
      10-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #69
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I definitely not claiming that Audi rules to road, but you ARE calling Lexus as cars for women. How could an IS-F be classed as that.
footie is offline   No_Country
      10-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #70
malujerry

Drives: ISF

wow, and internet emotional arguments are for men?

everyone knows lexus and their typically owners being 61 y/o retiree's. it is what it is, get over it. i (so let's not bring up what some people think about M3 owners, i got over that when shopping also) that is probably why lexus developed the ISF which is pretty good, especially on their first full-production try. for me, the rough ride was the only negative which could be fixed with coilovers, and i still would have $14k left over.

and i doubt i'll see one of the golden girls in the LFA blowing by any car, including any M car, anytime soon...
      11-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #71
Optherion
Lieutenant

Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:

THAT IS NOT TRUE. THEY ARE FOR GRANDMAS AND GRANDPAS TOO!!!

Ok???

Yes us m3 owners are cocks and we dont have many friends.
      11-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #72
graider
Colonel

Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
All Lexus cars are for Females...

Stick with the M3 or maybe a C63 both look better then the IS-F thats for sure.
i prefer the IS-F look over the C63
      11-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #73
graider
Colonel

Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
I definitely not claiming that Audi rules to road, but you ARE calling Lexus as cars for women. How could an IS-F be classed as that.
I agree with you. Most lexus are on the soft side, but not the IS-F. it is even harsher than the m3 IMO.
      11-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #74
Cabinetman
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
You might want to PM a guy on this board who traded in his IS-F for an M3 sedan. He would be able to give you the best comparison (Although, he is still breaking in and never has taken his M3 in the special 6000 - 8400 rpm zone).
That would be me. I'm still waiting to get past the 1200 mile mark so I can't really give a full comparison. Here is what I can tell you:

1. I prefer the M-DCT to the 8 speed auto. Shifts are faster and the DCT is more responsive. The only downside is the DCT isn't as smooth a lower speeds in auto mode.

2. I prefer the Lexus electronics. The touch screen nav was easier to use in the F. Also, I liked that the auto wipers stayed on even after you stopped the car. Everything just felt a more sorted out in the Lexus.

3. The M car is better setup inside for driving. The M seats support my 6'1" 190lbs frame better than the seats in the F. Also, the M steering wheel feels great. Finally, the M button is where the sport button should be in the F.

Since I'm not through break-in I won't say too much about the driving differences. What I can say is the M car feels more precise on the road. The steering and suspension provide more feedback than the F did. Things may change when I can finally push the M, but I doubt it.

As of today I'm glad I bought the M3. I really enjoyed the IS-F, but the M3 just feels like a better sorted out driver's car. I think the Lexus will be more reliable and solid over time. It really comes down to what factors are most important to you.
      11-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #75
330CIZHP
Major

Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

I am most curious about "daily drivability". It is well established that M3 pulls ferociously hard once the needle swings past 6000 rpm and races towards 8400 rpm and feel all the 420 HP horses, what are your thoughts about low-end torque meaning the 1000 - 4500 rpm region that is used most in daily driving???

Do you agree with some people on this board who claim M3 is "torqueless" down low below 5000 rpm compared to your previous IS-F since I assume being a low-revving car and 1 more liter displacement, IS-F makes more torque down low rpm??

I personally felt M3 was plenty torquey down low to scoot effortlessly around in any gear, but I have heard many people claim it is "torqueless"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
That would be me. I'm still waiting to get past the 1200 mile mark so I can't really give a full comparison. Here is what I can tell you:

1. I prefer the M-DCT to the 8 speed auto. Shifts are faster and the DCT is more responsive. The only downside is the DCT isn't as smooth a lower speeds in auto mode.

2. I prefer the Lexus electronics. The touch screen nav was easier to use in the F. Also, I liked that the auto wipers stayed on even after you stopped the car. Everything just felt a more sorted out in the Lexus.

3. The M car is better setup inside for driving. The M seats support my 6'1" 190lbs frame better than the seats in the F. Also, the M steering wheel feels great. Finally, the M button is where the sport button should be in the F.

Since I'm not through break-in I won't say too much about the driving differences. What I can say is the M car feels more precise on the road. The steering and suspension provide more feedback than the F did. Things may change when I can finally push the M, but I doubt it.

As of today I'm glad I bought the M3. I really enjoyed the IS-F, but the M3 just feels like a better sorted out driver's car. I think the Lexus will be more reliable and solid over time. It really comes down to what factors are most important to you.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
330CIZHP is offline   Canada
      11-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #76
Cabinetman
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 IS-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
I am most curious about "daily drivability". It is well established that M3 pulls ferociously hard once the needle swings past 6000 rpm and races towards 8400 rpm and feel all the 420 HP horses, what are your thoughts about low-end torque meaning the 1000 - 4500 rpm region that is used most in daily driving???

Do you agree with some people on this board who claim M3 is "torqueless" down low below 5000 rpm compared to your previous IS-F since I assume being a low-revving car and 1 more liter displacement, IS-F makes more torque down low rpm??

I personally felt M3 was plenty torquey down low to scoot effortlessly around in any gear, but I have heard many people claim it is "torqueless"???
The M3 doesn't feel gutless at low RPMs. Right off of idle the m doesn't pull the way you would think a 400+ hp car should, but after about 3000 rpm it starts gaining steam. With the throttle set to normal it take a little more pedal travel before the car really gets going. The IS-F does feel stronger off the line. I drove my F with the sport button on all the time,which increases throttle sensitivity, while i rarely use the power button in the M so this might be part of the reason the F felt quicker at lower revs. There is no doubt the F has more torque, but I don't really miss it too much. I'm sure once I can explore the upper reaches of the tach I will be more than happy with the 4.0 V8's power.