BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #881
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_!
Wouldn't you freak out if he answered your prayers? If you heard a voice in your head telling you to do something, would you think it was god or would you think you need help?
The Holy Prophet (SAW) taught us to seek guidance in daily prayers and also the optional prayer of Istikhara. This prayer is used for guidance and if we feel an inclination towards something after the prayer, it can be treated as guidance from Allah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_!
Also, if your prayers are not heard, does that mean you're not a good muslim? Or that you're not as important to Allah than someone else who's prayers are heard?
Or did you suppose that you would enter the Garden without facing the same as those who came before you?”
Quran (2:214)

You will be tested in your wealth and in yourselves, and you will hear many abusive words from those given the Book before you and from those who associate [others with Me]. But if you are steadfast and guard against evil, that is the most resolute course to take.
Quran (3:186)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_!
A single omnipotent god cannot give you true free will because all your actions, all your thoughts, all your decisions and their outcome are known even before the universe was created.
There are lots of people that believe in predestination and free-will at the same time. Google it. It's not only muslims that believe it. Look at it this way. Allah is infinite in his knowledge and created us as finite beings. He gave us free-will to make our own choices, but due to his infinite knowledge, he knew what we would do before we done it. How then do we not have free-will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_!
Therefore, whatever happened to the forbidden fruit was not temptation but destiny foreseen and approved by god.
Approved by God? when I read that I just remembers the verse from the Holy Quran - "Allah loveth not trangressors". So I dont think you can say he approved of bad things that happened.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #882
Max_!
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

> There are lots of people that believe in predestination and free-will at the same time.

I know, and they're wrong.
(And in your heart and mind you also know they are wrong)

> He gave us free-will to make our own choices, but due to his infinite knowledge, he knew what we would do before we done it. How then do we not have free-will?

Because you cannot make a different decision than the one Allah foresaw and thus ordained for you even before the universe was created.

> "Allah loveth not trangressors". So I dont think you can say he approved of bad things that happened.

He must have, for you say he is almighty. If there is a single omnipotent god, things cannot come to pass without his explicit involvement through action or inaction.

If Allah is allmighty and there are no other omnipotent gods, all things past, present and future must happen with Allah's blessing.

No matter what you do, you cannot transgress against Allah's wishes. The most you can do is transgress against the arbitrary rules set forth by scripture/prophets/...

If you want to have free will, you need more or less than 1 omnipotent god, there is no way around that.

Of course, if you were to accept that evil (the devil, satan, whatever) is god's equal in power, then you've got yourself free will.

But then you're not far off converting to my Fanty and Mingo religion.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #883
ATG
Major
ATG's Avatar
Cuba
21
Rep
1,058
Posts

 
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastside

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I can't believe you guys are still debating. it's like an argument between a deaf and a blind.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #884
Max_!
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
350
Posts

 
Drives: E91
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

> it's like an argument between a deaf and a blind.

I'd like to see that!

Do they use braille or sign language to communicate?

What would the argument be about? Who's handicap is worse?

> I can't believe you guys are still debating.

That's ok, so long as you don't start believing in one or more gods.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #885
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,375
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

So, all this hatred of the West only goes back to the end of WWI, because the Otoman empire chose the wrong side of the war? I thought it was a much deeper-seeded animosity.

Yeah, I watched "The Road to 9/11" on PBS last night.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #886
yomash
Second Lieutenant
yomash's Avatar
2
Rep
250
Posts

 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

I didnt see that - I also didnt think it went back to WWI. In the CNN special we saw, there was an egyption named Sayd Qutb who came to the US to study.. but then he went back to Egypt and wrote a book about how the US was morally corrupt. Eventually the Egyptian Govt tortured and killed him. He was Zawaris mentor, and from there Zawari started the anti-west campain in afghanistan after the pull back of the soviets. thats where he met OBL and had influence on him. Ofcourse western governments helped them to gain a following by establishing military bases in other muslim countries and constantly supporting Isreal whom was/has been occupying palestine and also . I think thats the conflict in a nutshell.
__________________

2012 e70 X5 xDrive35i M package Carbon Black
pervious: 2011 X3 28i | 2007 e92 335i coupe | 2008 e90 328xi Sedan | 2002 e46 M3 coupe | 2003 Z4 3.0
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #887
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,375
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

They pointed out in one of OBL's speeches how he complains about the 80 years of torture Muslims have lived under, now the west will feel what it is like. The idea was that most he was addressing knew exactly what he was referring to. SQ was influenced as well by the Otoman overthrow and the colonialization by UK/France. Russia did not occupy any of the previously Muslim lands, and then became the enemy of the Muslims' enemy, and therefore their friends. . . at least until Afghanistan invasion.
Turkey and their leader (can't recall the name) were an attempt to have a Muslim state, but one that "caught up" with the West without being controlled by it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST