BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #89
aussiem3
Lieutenant Colonel
aussiem3's Avatar
Australia
30
Rep
1,695
Posts

 
Drives: Goggomobil
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kangaroo land

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
That's right, no individual component can be updated. The whole car needs to be brought to the present level. Every dealer has the latest SW version through the dealer portal from BMW Germany. When the car is plugged in the list of updaes are listed and the time taken to update is presented.
__________________

2007 E92 6MT - Silverstone II with /// Performance Exhaust with ACM Test Pipes and BPM Sport Stage II Dev-Tune - Proper engine warm up, 12-monthly oil change, Castrol TWS 10w-60
2014 F15 X5 3.0d
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #90
hedron
New Member
hedron's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 335ci
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
My car is E92 Jan/2008 version.
I orderd a new controller and I tested it but the new controller didn't work with my car!!
I asked to my dealer to update the softeware but they don't want to do the job.

If someone needs a new controller, PM me.
PN: 65 82 9 213 309
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #91
aussiem3
Lieutenant Colonel
aussiem3's Avatar
Australia
30
Rep
1,695
Posts

 
Drives: Goggomobil
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kangaroo land

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Unless there is something wrong and the car is doing something it shouldn't be, the dealer will not bring the car to the current integration level. That's the directive from BMW.
Having said that, the cars produced between Oct '08 and March'09, and anyone who had their sw upgraded by dealer during that period, will have a buggy software, which forces the CCC to shut down without notice for a lengthy periods. Also you will have issues with SOS function. If anyone had any of these issues should demand that the sw to brought to the current integration level. The current integration level is the most stable for the E9x series.
So there you go, you have a valid reason to request for warranty sw upgrade. I think there is a SB on this if I am not mistaken.
__________________

2007 E92 6MT - Silverstone II with /// Performance Exhaust with ACM Test Pipes and BPM Sport Stage II Dev-Tune - Proper engine warm up, 12-monthly oil change, Castrol TWS 10w-60
2014 F15 X5 3.0d
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #92
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedron View Post
My car is E92 Jan/2008 version.
I orderd a new controller and I tested it but the new controller didn't work with my car!!
I asked to my dealer to update the softeware but they don't want to do the job.

If someone needs a new controller, PM me.
PN: 65 82 9 213 309
Go to another dealer and don't mention the new controller. I got my M3 updated yesterday for no specific complaint, and when the dealer checked two pages of updates were required.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 03:44 AM   #93
E93_Rzr
Private First Class
E93_Rzr's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M-Sport, 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Here's a warning to everybody who's updated their iDrive controller.

The last two days have been very frustrating for me. I've got all of the tools and access to the BMW site to update the programming in my vehicle. I've been trying to reflash my ECU back to stock, because I've got a very nasty cold-start problem. I suspect that this problem is related to the custom tune in my car.

I own all of the tools required to flash my entire car, and for $30 per day, you can buy access to the BMW site that will program your entire car via the internet. One thing I learned, is that this process really takes a long time. When the dealer says it takes all day to program your car -- believe it -- it really does.

After we got the tools and BMW software working (nothing is bootleg, it's all authentic tools and software), we noticed that the software wouldn't let me continue programming because the "CON" device needed to be replaced. We tried to ignore it, but the software won't let you.

Instead, we wanted to deselect it...but that would require starting another programming session and waiting 3 hours to get to that same point. We did that, tried to deselect the CON device, and the software wouldn't let us continue. An email to BMWNA confirmed that unless the condition is cleared, the software would not program your car.

Two days later, I drove home from LA, and connected my car to a much faster internet connection. This time I was going to try a different approach. I knew there were fault codes present in the car, and was hoping that clearing them would allow me to continue programming. So I cleared the fault codes, and got to that same point and discovered the same problem: the "CON" device needed to be replaced. This time instead of somewhat ignoring the error message, I decided to look at it. The error message was kind enough to give me the BMW part number of the device that needs to be replaced. I looked up the part number, and discovered that it was my iDrive controller!

That's right, if you have the new iDrive controller, you cannot reprogram your car any longer. The only way around this problem is to replace your iDrive controller before taking your car to the dealer -- or if you're like me -- before trying to program it yourself.

I hope this post saves some other people the time and money chasing this same problem. And now that I'm thinking about this experience, I seem to recall others having the same problem much earlier in the thread when they installed the controller and tried to take the car to the dealer for programming. In this case, the process was reversed: the controller was already working but wouldn't reprogram because it wasn't part of the vehicle order.
I am very interested on having the ability to update the software on my car.
What specific tools do I need to do this?

Could you expand a little more on this topic? Hardware (BavTech cable?), software (BMW website?).
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #94
Booster4075
First Lieutenant
Booster4075's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
388
Posts

 
Drives: E90, 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (1)

I have voiced my concern over this in the past on the idrive retrofit forum. I have been concerned that doing a 2nd-gen retrofit without the car "authorized" for those part numbers will be a major stumbling block. I had similar issues when I got a incorrect region (ECE) CCC on my US car... SSS/Progman refused to program my car since the part numbers were incorrect for my application.

Unless BMW releases an official "retrofit" or changes their software to allow this mis-matched controller part number to work, their software will not program around this. Changing the VO doesn't help since the VO doesn't change based on the difference of controllers...609 is the only option, and thats just for nav in general, both 1st gen and the LCI 2nd gen. From what I understand (but haven't used it myself) is that Autologic can see past this p/n issue and will force programming on all other modules. (problem is that CON is programmable and takes updates too.)

Best bet for those who are putting this controller in is to keep your old controller and trim so that the car can be programmed, just in case. The good news is that is takes like 90 seconds (and requires no tools) to make a trim/controller swap.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Here's a warning to everybody who's updated their iDrive controller.

The last two days have been very frustrating for me. I've got all of the tools and access to the BMW site to update the programming in my vehicle. I've been trying to reflash my ECU back to stock, because I've got a very nasty cold-start problem. I suspect that this problem is related to the custom tune in my car.

I own all of the tools required to flash my entire car, and for $30 per day, you can buy access to the BMW site that will program your entire car via the internet. One thing I learned, is that this process really takes a long time. When the dealer says it takes all day to program your car -- believe it -- it really does.

After we got the tools and BMW software working (nothing is bootleg, it's all authentic tools and software), we noticed that the software wouldn't let me continue programming because the "CON" device needed to be replaced. We tried to ignore it, but the software won't let you.

Instead, we wanted to deselect it...but that would require starting another programming session and waiting 3 hours to get to that same point. We did that, tried to deselect the CON device, and the software wouldn't let us continue. An email to BMWNA confirmed that unless the condition is cleared, the software would not program your car.

Two days later, I drove home from LA, and connected my car to a much faster internet connection. This time I was going to try a different approach. I knew there were fault codes present in the car, and was hoping that clearing them would allow me to continue programming. So I cleared the fault codes, and got to that same point and discovered the same problem: the "CON" device needed to be replaced. This time instead of somewhat ignoring the error message, I decided to look at it. The error message was kind enough to give me the BMW part number of the device that needs to be replaced. I looked up the part number, and discovered that it was my iDrive controller!

That's right, if you have the new iDrive controller, you cannot reprogram your car any longer. The only way around this problem is to replace your iDrive controller before taking your car to the dealer -- or if you're like me -- before trying to program it yourself.

I hope this post saves some other people the time and money chasing this same problem. And now that I'm thinking about this experience, I seem to recall others having the same problem much earlier in the thread when they installed the controller and tried to take the car to the dealer for programming. In this case, the process was reversed: the controller was already working but wouldn't reprogram because it wasn't part of the vehicle order.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #95
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
I have voiced my concern over this in the past on the idrive retrofit forum. I have been concerned that doing a 2nd-gen retrofit without the car "authorized" for those part numbers will be a major stumbling block. I had similar issues when I got a incorrect region (ECE) CCC on my US car... SSS/Progman refused to program my car since the part numbers were incorrect for my application.

Unless BMW releases an official "retrofit" or changes their software to allow this mis-matched controller part number to work, their software will not program around this. Changing the VO doesn't help since the VO doesn't change based on the difference of controllers...609 is the only option, and thats just for nav in general, both 1st gen and the LCI 2nd gen. From what I understand (but haven't used it myself) is that Autologic can see past this p/n issue and will force programming on all other modules. (problem is that CON is programmable and takes updates too.)

Best bet for those who are putting this controller in is to keep your old controller and trim so that the car can be programmed, just in case. The good news is that is takes like 90 seconds (and requires no tools) to make a trim/controller swap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I don't know if we will be able to sell the old iDrive parts after this retrofit - and that is if this retrofit works the way I want it to work.

It could be very possible that we will need to keep the old iDrive parts just in case the installation of the new iDrive parts does not allow any software update in the car. The way the BMW software update works is by checking all the P/N of the Vehicle Order and making sure that all the modules are compatible with the updates to be received. If a module is found with a different P/N from the expected list/database the update will not be done.

I don't want to change my Vehicle Order to include a '09 part in a '08 M3, that could screw something else up because the opposite is also true: adding a part that was not part of any '08 Vehicle Order could also make any software update to not load or load with incongruencies. What I want is to be able to switch back and forth iDrives depending if a sofware update needs to be performed by the dealer without changing the VO.
The only dealer that really helped in my iDrive retrofit first tried to code the CIC installed in my car, just to see if somehow that was possible. The result was a list of P/N mismatches, all iDrive-related, that needed to be resolved before any and all proper modules coding could progress further.

All the new iDrive parts had to be swapped -CIC, HD Screen and Controller in about 30 minutes- with the old iDrive parts before any coding could be performed.

I have stated this issue several times in several threads as a warning to any -not only this new iDrive- retrofit that it is not OEM approved/supported: the days of the E46-PnP OEM retrofits ended with the E46.

Don't be confused with retrofits that seem to work PnP, that's completely different from an OEM software integration. Any E9x retrofit requires to go thru an OEM software integration process or a software update cannot performed. That OEM software integration allows the update/change of the respective modules P/N of the Vehicle Order file but only if this new module P/N is already part of the OEM list of superceded parts database. In other words, if the update process does not include those added/changed/superceded P/N's in their database (be in the retrofit path or just regular part upgrades database) then they cannot be added/changed by any other OEM means, much less by a dealer and much less by a customer.

There are non-OEM methods to override the OEM software integration but these are very dangerous methods that can mess up you car in a matter of minutes if done wrong, and even void the whole electrical warranty in the car as software mismatches will be created when different module P/N require specific software versions that were not expected to be installed in the same vehicle. You need to be extremely knowledgeable to even go this route, and especially willing to sacrifice your warranty if the worst happens.

Again, that's the reason I do not want any change of VO and just do a "stand-alone" retrofit that it is easily swapped with the original parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #96
mdrobc13
Lieutenant Colonel
mdrobc13's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,622
Posts

 
Drives: Made in Bavaria
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
My dealer updated my car in Nov when I brought it in for its 15k service without any problem and I have done the retrofit. Could it be the problems you're having is because you're doing a semi DIY upgrade yourself vs. having the dealer do it themselves? My service advisor said they updated everything to the latest software and although the computer took a little longer and they had to reset some things no other problems. So maybe that may be the problem as I guess sometimes service advisors and managers can be "particular" in what they will do for customer's car sometimes especially when they have done upgrades or DIY work.

Anyway my car runs fine...so far...fingers crossed! Good luck!
__________________
'14 F06 650xi Gran Coupe (Carbon Black)- Mine #1
'10 e70 X5M (Sapphire Black Mettalic) - Mine #2
'12 F10 550i (Dinan modded) - Gone
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #97
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
My dealer updated my car in Nov when I brought it in for its 15k service without any problem and I have done the retrofit. Could it be the problems you're having is because you're doing a semi DIY upgrade yourself vs. having the dealer do it themselves? My service advisor said they updated everything to the latest software and although the computer took a little longer and they had to reset some things no other problems. So maybe that may be the problem as I guess sometimes service advisors and managers can be "particular" in what they will do for customer's car sometimes especially when they have done upgrades or DIY work.

Anyway my car runs fine...so far...fingers crossed! Good luck!
To make matters more complicated, some late MY2008 (03/08-on) M3 seem to have the same software version in most of their modules as early (before 03/09) MY2009 M3, so your case is not that unusual.

Perhaps your dealer performed some "special" routine (most probably with the help of the regional rep) that allowed them to override the presence of the new iDrive controller, but definitely ISTA/P knows that the iDrive controller is not the one listed in your VO.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #98
hvd.kevin
Lieutenant Colonel
hvd.kevin's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,926
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NorCal/SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Just completed this mod. Took less than 30 thanks to OP pics/instructions. LOVE IT! Also, thanks to Evan at Tischer for providing the parts.

Forgot an important piece of info 4/08 production date. and I might have had software upgrade because I had OEM alarm installed.
__________________

Last edited by hvd.kevin; 03-29-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 03:59 AM   #99
SergBMW
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E60, 530d
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tiraspol

iTrader: (0)

that is beyond
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #100
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Full new iDrive swap/retrofit: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=454413
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #101
sour d's
First Lieutenant
sour d's's Avatar
China
6
Rep
331
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ~NYC~

iTrader: (4)

Anyone in the NYC got this mod that I could test out before I make the jump ? I have a 03/08 which seems to put me right in the middle of the software update period, i'm very hesitant to do this unless I can try it first.
__________________
retired:
06' e66 750Li / 05' e46 ///M3 6MT / 04' e46 ///M3 SMG / 92' e36 325is
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #102
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
4
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: ALPINA B4 BiTurbo Coupe (F32)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tokyo, Japan

iTrader: (1)

The SSS/Progman still refuse to update the P/N when you retrofit CIC controller in CCC iDrive?
I'm also doing self coding by NCS Expert. Will it be affected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
I have voiced my concern over this in the past on the idrive retrofit forum. I have been concerned that doing a 2nd-gen retrofit without the car "authorized" for those part numbers will be a major stumbling block. I had similar issues when I got a incorrect region (ECE) CCC on my US car... SSS/Progman refused to program my car since the part numbers were incorrect for my application.

Unless BMW releases an official "retrofit" or changes their software to allow this mis-matched controller part number to work, their software will not program around this. Changing the VO doesn't help since the VO doesn't change based on the difference of controllers...609 is the only option, and thats just for nav in general, both 1st gen and the LCI 2nd gen. From what I understand (but haven't used it myself) is that Autologic can see past this p/n issue and will force programming on all other modules. (problem is that CON is programmable and takes updates too.)

Best bet for those who are putting this controller in is to keep your old controller and trim so that the car can be programmed, just in case. The good news is that is takes like 90 seconds (and requires no tools) to make a trim/controller swap.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #103
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
M3-Mike's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing this upgrade as well.

I have a 03/08 production M3 E92 Coupe with M-DCT. Pretty sure I have the newer iDrive hardware as I do have features such as Google Send-to-Car and other features apparently only available on 03/08 or newer cars. Plus I have had updates since so I believe my software is pretty up-to-date. However is there a way for me to confirm my 03/08 will take the upgraded controller?

Evan is quoting me part number 51167903962 for the console trim, and 65829240956 for the controller. Sound right to you guys?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #104
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing this upgrade as well.

I have a 03/08 production M3 E92 Coupe with M-DCT. Pretty sure I have the newer iDrive hardware as I do have features such as Google Send-to-Car and other features apparently only available on 03/08 or newer cars. Plus I have had updates since so I believe my software is pretty up-to-date. However is there a way for me to confirm my 03/08 will take the upgraded controller?

Evan is quoting me part number 51167903962 for the console trim, and 65829240956 for the controller. Sound right to you guys?

Thanks!
I haven't heard of a way except to plug it in. Do you know anyone with an 09+ that you can try it with? I took the gamble and it worked out for me...

The part numbers seem to change every now and then so I would trust Evan on those - he knows his stuff!
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #105
e90m3japan
Second Lieutenant
e90m3japan's Avatar
Japan
3
Rep
226
Posts

 
Drives: e90 m3 melbourne Red Metallic
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yokohama,Japan and El Paso,Texas

iTrader: (2)

I've been trying to do this, but no luck.. I went to the dealer and had the car updated with whatever the earliest update they had here in Japan, and after the update I connected the controller still same problem. all the shortcut buttons work, and up,down,left,and right works. The pressing the dial in(to select/enter)works except the dial to scroll don't work.

Can anyone help me with this?

BTW, the Japanese model CCC have navigation hdd drive in the trunk. maybe this difference causes this?
__________________
e90 m3 melbourne red metallic, "One and Only" e90 sedan Amuse Ericsson full exhaust(new model)with custom spec, Afe intake with stock box,piano black trim, blackline tail, HRE P40 9x19,10.5x19
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #106
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
That's right, no individual component can be updated. The whole car needs to be brought to the present level. Every dealer has the latest SW version through the dealer portal from BMW Germany. When the car is plugged in the list of updaes are listed and the time taken to update is presented.
Quite has changed since this 2009 post was made... individual components can -and have been updated- by aftermarket vendors. In particular the iDrive CIC and the Combox.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #107
M3-Mike
Second Lieutenant
M3-Mike's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Bit the bullet and went for this mod myself. My vehicle is a 03/08 production E92 M3 with DCT, likely the first production run for DCT cars. I've had the software updated many times due to DCT related issues, and the last update was in September 2010 due to some "recall". So figuring my car was pretty up-to-date I assumed this upgrade would work, and it did!

Got the parts from Tisher for only $450.. they even have a "kit" with the new console trim and the controller.

PK09IDRIVEDCT - OEM BMW 2009 iDrive Upgrade Kit for E90/92/93 M3's - $450.00

Very easy to install, removed the shift boot, pulled up the shift knob, unplugged the shift knob electrical, and then pulled up on the console using the shifter hole. Unplugged a few wires underneath and the whole console was in my living room in no time. Swapped the various bits and ashtray to the new console (it came with a new ashtray lid) and plugged everything back into the car and it all just worked! Very nice upgrade and love how the new controller glows orange at night.

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #108
sonnyb
Enlisted Member
sonnyb's Avatar
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Leicstershire/Loughborough

iTrader: (0)

I had this mod completed today.
I did require a firmware update, which took six hours and was done by BMW Sytner Leicester. However, at the end they told me the new controller was incompatible! I decided to try myself by re-booting the system (turn the car off!) and re-connecting the controller and it was fine!
Sometimes these dealerships are just TOO clever and will baffle you with all sorts of techspeak!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #109
jmjsgi
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 535d 2008
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

CIC for my BMW 535d 2008

Hello, can you take me information for change the CCC of my 535d 2008 to the CIC bundel. BMW france say "you can't install CIC on your car because you car haven't connector compatible with the CIC" i see on post the CIC must be programmed. Does this pose a risk to the operation of the car? Is there someone seriously who does? What is the price for the full pack with emulator ?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #110
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
REP1KRR's Avatar
25
Rep
1,275
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (8)

Is the small plastic trim around the controller part of the console cover, or a separate piece? I've checked online microfiche and it appears to be a different part? Wouldn't that allow cutting the old-style console cover, using the trim/"frame", to properly fit the new controller?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...1&fg=35&hl=388

"#25 Frame P/N 51169170917 $8.00"



Quote:
Originally Posted by SergBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

__________________
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen M52-R | Akrapovic | Challenge RACE X | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL | OCTANE SSK | Eibach Pro | M.Benvo-coded
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST