BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

GetBMWParts

06-23-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
AlpenWhite25
Private
Greece

Drives: Alpen White BMW M3

Bmw M3 On Nitrous System

Hallo once again from Greece.I have been meaning to ask about this for a long time.Since you guys in US have so integrated know how on Nitrous systems can you please inform me on how reliable could a NOS System be in comparison with a Supercharger kit or even with turbocharging.If we compare a GPower SK1 System for instance with a 100 ps WET kit single Fog why should it be riskier to run the NOS system?

I know that it is mostly on installation but in both cases we have forced induction in an high compression engine(Air Vs Chemical).It seems to me that is the system will be properly installed...(!!!BIG IF!!!)the engine will be less stressed with the nitrous system for one reason mainly.You just cant spray all time...instead of Superchargers which are forcing air into the engine all the time....

I am just sharing my thoughts, i am not an expert....i am just a driver with a lot of questions on modifying my vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
elmariachi
Major

Drives: BMW ///M Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpenWhite25 View Post
Hallo once again from Greece.I have been meaning to ask about this for a long time.Since you guys in US have so integrated know how on Nitrous systems can you please inform me on how reliable could a NOS System be in comparison with a Supercharger kit or even with turbocharging.If we compare a GPower SK1 System for instance with a 100 ps WET kit single Fog why should it be riskier to run the NOS system?

I know that it is mostly on installation but in both cases we have forced induction in an high compression engine(Air Vs Chemical).It seems to me that is the system will be properly installed...(!!!BIG IF!!!)the engine will be less stressed with the nitrous system for one reason mainly.You just cant spray all time...instead of Superchargers which are forcing air into the engine all the time....

I am just sharing my thoughts, i am not an expert....i am just a driver with a lot of questions on modifying my vehicle.
Nikos,

I think you need to get your head checked. You have been crazy ever since you got your M3. Hehhehehehhe..

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White M-DCT| Novillo-Black Interior| Carbon Fibre Roof| Premium Sound System| EDC| 19's Advan RS w/ Michelin PS2 Cups| iPod| GruppeM Air Intake| GruppeM Steel Braided Lines|Ferodo DS2500 Pads| Akrapovic Full Header-Back Titanium Exhaust| 6000K Philips D1S| 3M Tints|
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
AlpenWhite25
Private
Greece

Drives: Alpen White BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Nikos,

I think you need to get your head checked. You have been crazy ever since you got your M3. Hehhehehehhe..

YEAH...look who is talking now.....hehehehe

Appreciate 0