BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
INDustry distribution
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2006, 07:26 PM   #89
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
Oh come on now like its not obvious I'm talking about the terrorists. No other nation in history at any other time has taken more care to limit civilian casualties and collateral damage than the present day U.S. military, so spare me!
An absolute fact, and America gets ZERO credit for this. What a bunch of bullsh*t.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #90
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
I don't see why. There is no relation to my eligibility to vote in the USA and your suitability for it
Hey, a smartass green card holder!

You're now qualified to vote in Afghanistan. You go, bro!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #91
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I largely agree with this. In particular I think you are correct that the people who fund terrorism are pursuing an ultimate goal of an Islamically dominated world.
Muslims worldwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I also agree that the Islamic leaders need to do more to denounce terrorism, but do not accept that they have done nothing. In my opinion the problem is that a number of leaders do not reject terrorism in their 'local' struggles (e.g. Hamas / Hesbullah) because they do in fact support this local terrorism and consider it to be 'freedom fighting'. I have no doubt that they do reject 'world terrorism' because it is actually wholly detrimental to the Islamic world, but they struggle to denounce it without losing credibility at home.
Have you noticed how you tend to use the word "struggle" in many of your posts? This is a tell-tale sign of someone on the far left. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!" -Seinfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
It's interesting that when you post in this way I find that we probably agree to a large extent, but that when you post stuff like 'at least we are killing the bastards over there' I really struggle to see any sense in what you say.
Struggling again, eh? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I think the phrase 2 nations divided by a common language really applies here.
One nation divided by many languages is doomed to slowly self-destruct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
I hope by the 'bastards' you mean the terrorists, what bothers me is that there are plenty of innocents being killed and your post suggests that they are also 'bastards' which I find quite offensive.
These "innocents" you refer to are normally warned way ahead of time to get the hell out of dodge. The United States goes out of their way to save innocent lives whenever possible. No nation in the history of the world has done more.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #92
whippersnapper
Captain
whippersnapper's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: people mad
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
An absolute fact, and America gets ZERO credit for this. What a bunch of bullsh*t.
It is a pity then that they tend to kill so many of their allies then isn't it?

In the 1991 war, more British soldiers were killed by americans than by the iraqis.

What is that phrase again?
















All the gear and no idea
__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________
2006 BMW 325i, Jet Black, 6MT, ZSP, Black Leather, Aluminum, Power Seats, Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #93
whippersnapper
Captain
whippersnapper's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: people mad
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD


My friend, that is classic!
You have a very german sense of humor
__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________
2006 BMW 325i, Jet Black, 6MT, ZSP, Black Leather, Aluminum, Power Seats, Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #94
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Say What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
It is a pity then that they tend to kill so many of their allies then isn't it?

In the 1991 war, more British soldiers were killed by americans than by the iraqis.

What is that phrase again?

All the gear and no idea
You should refrain from smoking crack when you are responding to posts. You make yourself look like a compete moron.

And by the way, since you are so anti-American, why are you working in our country?

Why don't you go to the U.K. or back to Australia? I don't get it? We don't want anti-Americans here.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #95
pawarrant
SECDEF
pawarrant's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
790
Posts

Drives: 2016 alpinweiß 435i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
It is a pity then that they tend to kill so many of their allies then isn't it?

In the 1991 war, more British soldiers were killed by americans than by the iraqis.

What is that phrase again?
accidental
__________________
2016 435i M-Sport Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather
Retired: 2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather, 2009 328xi Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather, 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #96
whippersnapper
Captain
whippersnapper's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: people mad
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
You should refrain from smoking crack when you are responding to posts. You make yourself look like a compete moron.

And by the way, since you are so anti-American, why are you working in our country?

Why don't you go to the U.K. or back to Australia? I don't get it? We don't want anti-Americans here.
unlike you, I'm not resorting to personal attacks and I am simply stating facts. Is what I posted not true or is it simply that you didn't know because of the narrow lens you see the world through?

I'm not anti-american, I'm anti much of US policy. Unless you are living in your bunker, you will notice that many of your fellow citizens feel the same way.
__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________
2006 BMW 325i, Jet Black, 6MT, ZSP, Black Leather, Aluminum, Power Seats, Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #97
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
You are correct, you never specifically stated, "CMD, your Quiz is inaccurate." You kept posting, "What's your point? What's your point? What's your point?" My point was clear, that every single GD act of terrorism in every GD question it the GD quiz was carried out by male Muslim extremists between the GD age of 17 and DG 40, which you implied over and over and over again was not correct. In fact I was correct. You were using the left-wing bleeding-heart circular argument tactic to try to move me off point. WTF does the Okalahoma bombing, the "F" ing IRA and that other obscure Buddhist dickweed you mentioned have to do with any of the GD terrorism we are discussing here??!! Holy freaking sh*t, man! Try to stay on point! GD, don't you ever get tired of going in freaking circles??
Once again ...

1. You resort to ranting and insulting.
2. You are responding to me about statements made by other people.
3. You are accusing me of side stepping and circular arguments based on a complete misunderstanding of my posts.

Do you think that ranting at me incoherently will somehow make your point.

I did not imply EVEN ONCE that your quiz was incorrect.

I asked ONCE why you posted it and you still haven't said. The quiz made the point that the terrorist acts listed were all carried out by Muslims. In the context of recent anti islamic posts on this forum I wanted to understand why you felt the need to make that point.

I am not familiar with the 'left wing bleeding heart circular argument' - I'd suggest that if you calmed down and read posts properly before replying it would help. Your replies are exceedingly complex and involve lots of quotes.

Frankly I think this is why you end up confused. The fact that you don't understand something doesn't make it wrong.

I didn't mention a 'buddhist dickweed' in any post. What the hell are you on about?

What I have established over the course of this exchange is that you believe terrorism to be endemic amongst muslims and that you suspect all muslims of terrorism. This is the only thing I have disagreed with you about ... and I really do disagree.

To be frank that answers my original question as I now understand an awful lot more about you, including your reasons for posting your quiz.

So that's the mexicans (104,000,000 people) and the Muslims (1,400,000,000 people) that you have have difficulty with so far ...

Oh and obviously anyone less right wing than you which is probably the remaining half of the worlds population ......
__________________

Last edited by NFS; 08-25-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 10:58 AM   #98
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
I'm shocked. needforspeed now, "largely" agrees with [us] you. WTF?

Unfortunately the killing of innocents is a by-product of war. It is a sad fact. But we did not start this war.
I 'largely agreed' with the pawarrents post - not you.

Unlike you - he did not suggest that all muslims supported terrorism and / or were terrorists.

This is a really easy concept - I disagree with one thing you have repeatedly said in this thread - that's it.

It's not a 'complex circular argument' - it's a single point which a small child would understand, but which you apparently don't.

Your position on this IS the reason why you posted your quiz - I see that that very clearly now.

You actually believe that my trust of Muslims generally (the 2nd largest religion on this planet) demonstrates a 'lack of grip on reality'.

Your ignorance and lack of rational thought is simply staggering. I am amazed that anyone can denounce an entire religion (1.4 billion people) as terrorists and terrorist sympathisers. This isn't political correctness it's simple logic and common sense.

If there really were 1.4 billlion muslim terrorists out there you would be absolutely fucked.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #99
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
You should refrain from smoking crack when you are responding to posts. You make yourself look like a compete moron.

And by the way, since you are so anti-American, why are you working in our country?

Why don't you go to the U.K. or back to Australia? I don't get it? We don't want anti-Americans here.
That's another person you don't want in your country then is it?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #100
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
Oh come on now like its not obvious I'm talking about the terrorists. No other nation in history at any other time has taken more care to limit civilian casualties and collateral damage than the present day U.S. military, so spare me!
No - it's not obvious that you mean that at all.

I agree that the USA has tried very hard to limit civillian casualties. Not least you have the worlds media looking over your shoulder at all times to make sure of this.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #101
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
unlike you, I'm not resorting to personal attacks and I am simply stating facts. Is what I posted not true or is it simply that you didn't know because of the narrow lens you see the world through?
No, I was aware. Aware it was an accident. Thats: A C C I D E N T

Here, allow me to help you . . .

ac-ci-dent [aksi-duhnt] Dictionary.com

–noun 1. an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: auto accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
I'm not anti-american, I'm anti much of US policy. Unless you are living in your bunker, you will notice that many of your fellow citizens feel the same way.
Well, since you are not a United States citizen, and can't vote here, your opinion on U.S. policy is rather meaningless, no?

And yes, there are two sides to this argument. I'm on one side, and many fellow Americans are on the other. What's new about that?

Why are you here in the United States since you disagree so much with our policies? Let's see, could it be . . . Money?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #102
whippersnapper
Captain
whippersnapper's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: people mad
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
Well, since you are not a United States citizen, and can't vote here, your opinion on U.S. policy is rather meaningless, no?
Oh dear, a freudian slip. Your comment sums up perfectly why your country is in such deep shit.
__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________
2006 BMW 325i, Jet Black, 6MT, ZSP, Black Leather, Aluminum, Power Seats, Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 11:37 AM   #103
whippersnapper
Captain
whippersnapper's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
972
Posts

Drives: people mad
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
CMD, your series of posts indicates the following

a) you hold strongly felt ideological views
b) you don't have a logical rationale to argue why you hold the views you do
c) your views hint at an underlying racism
d) when oyur views are challenged you attmept to paint the challenger as some democrat lefty and failing that, launch into personal attacks

This cluster of behaviors is not unknown in feeble minded individuals. Based on this assessment I have decided to exorcise you from my view of this otherwise excellent forum
__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________
2006 BMW 325i, Jet Black, 6MT, ZSP, Black Leather, Aluminum, Power Seats, Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #104
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
CMD, your series of posts indicates the following

a) you hold strongly felt ideological views
b) you don't have a logical rationale to argue why you hold the views you do
c) your views hint at an underlying racism
d) when oyur views are challenged you attmept to paint the challenger as some democrat lefty and failing that, launch into personal attacks

This cluster of behaviors is not unknown in feeble minded individuals. Based on this assessment I have decided to exorcise you from my view of this otherwise excellent forum
You know what - that's exactly my conclusion too

CMD - our discussions are over - I'm sure you'll respond, but there is no need because I won't read it.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #105
CMD
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

Drives:


NFS & WS DO NOT Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
You know what - that's exactly my conclusion too

CMD - our discussions are over - I'm sure you'll respond, but there is no need because I won't read it.
LMAO!

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm being ignored!

No, no, please pay attention to me!

I need you to please continue to engage me!

Such typical behavior. Predictable, acutally.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #106
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

CMD - I can't see what you are saying because I am ignoring you !

Good luck with the mexicans and the muslims (they really are out to get you)

__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #107
pawarrant
SECDEF
pawarrant's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
790
Posts

Drives: 2016 alpinweiß 435i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
unlike you, I'm not resorting to personal attacks and I am simply stating facts. Is what I posted not true or is it simply that you didn't know because of the narrow lens you see the world through?

I'm not anti-american, I'm anti much of US policy. Unless you are living in your bunker, you will notice that many of your fellow citizens feel the same way.
Some of us patriotic Americans consider insulting our country personal attacks. So don't give me that high and mighty song and dance that "you don't resort to personal attacks" (that's page 62 in the Dem's playbook). I think stating that CMD and I shouldn't be able to vote is yet another "personal attack" that you forgot.
__________________
2016 435i M-Sport Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather
Retired: 2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather, 2009 328xi Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather, 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #108
pawarrant
SECDEF
pawarrant's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
790
Posts

Drives: 2016 alpinweiß 435i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper
CMD, your series of posts indicates the following

a) you hold strongly felt ideological views
b) you don't have a logical rationale to argue why you hold the views you do
c) your views hint at an underlying racism
d) when oyur views are challenged you attmept to paint the challenger as some democrat lefty and failing that, launch into personal attacks

This cluster of behaviors is not unknown in feeble minded individuals. Based on this assessment I have decided to exorcise you from my view of this otherwise excellent forum
Actually page 2 of the Dem's playbook says to always accuse your opposition of being biggets or racists. And b.t.w. a, b, and d apply to you as well. For d you can substitute lefty to "close minded" conservative. I will not resort to using point c, since that is so low I leave that to your side. You are so arrogant that you cannot accept we have different points of view, and both could be correct or both be wrong.
__________________
2016 435i M-Sport Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather
Retired: 2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather, 2009 328xi Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather, 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #109
NFS
Major General
NFS's Avatar
United Kingdom
147
Rep
9,216
Posts

Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
Actually page 2 of the Dem's playbook says to always accuse your opposition of being biggets or racists. And b.t.w. a, b, and d apply to you as well. For d you can substitute lefty to "close minded" conservative. I will not resort to using point c, since that is so low I leave that to your side. You are so arrogant that you cannot accept we have different points of view, and both could be correct or both be wrong.
Pawarrant - I agreed with whippersnappers post in respect of CMD's statements. I don't think it was directed at yours.

In particular the problem is that CMD apparently considers all muslims to be either terrorists or terrorist sympathisers. He also says that anyone who does not agree with this is 'in denial'. Strictly speaking this is not racism - it's religious hatred and it's illegal in the UK.

Your posts were quite a lot more balanced and did not make this point, instead you talked about the muslim leaders allowing views like CMD's to flourish by not denouncing the terrorists strongly enough.

Despite the fact that we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum I agree with many of your comments in this thread including that one.

I also accept that, as with all matters political, there are only personal views and no right or wrong answers.

Just wanted to be clear
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 05:06 PM   #110
pawarrant
SECDEF
pawarrant's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
790
Posts

Drives: 2016 alpinweiß 435i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
Pawarrant - I agreed with whippersnappers post in respect of CMD's statements. I don't think it was directed at yours.

In particular the problem is that CMD apparently considers all muslims to be either terrorists or terrorist sympathisers. He also says that anyone who does not agree with this is 'in denial'. Strictly speaking this is not racism - it's religious hatred and it's illegal in the UK.

Your posts were quite a lot more balanced and did not make this point, instead you talked about the muslim leaders allowing views like CMD's to flourish by not denouncing the terrorists strongly enough.

Despite the fact that we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum I agree with many of your comments in this thread including that one.

I also accept that, as with all matters political, there are only personal views and no right or wrong answers.

Just wanted to be clear
Gotcha you bloody chap (said with a cheesy English accent)
__________________
2016 435i M-Sport Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather
Retired: 2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather, 2009 328xi Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather, 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST