BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

06-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

would you have approved of GW Bush?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 4th of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had miss-spelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as “proof” of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on “Earth Day”, would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually “get” what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan’s holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 5 months – so you'll have three years and seven months to come up with an answer.
      06-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

DEE-li-cious.

Even tho most of those are inconsequential in the scheme of the republic (in other words, they die with him when his administration is over) you could make an even longer list that is a more an exigent threat to the functioning of our democracy.

Writing law rather than enforcing it, foregoing federalism with the diminishing of states rights, conferring constitutional rights to non-us citizens/enemies, the singular most unbridled expansion of the power of the presidency, doubling the debt to an amount more than since the foundation of the country to the last presidency combined, arbitrary and unaccountable reach into the private sector by a public official and an absolute disregard for the rule of law.

What we have here is 'Amateur hour at the White House'. This is what happens when you have someone who's never run a business, so much a lemonade-stand, never authored or passed any significant legislation, was absent more than he was present and his only claim to the fame was writing two books (about himself) in charge of the country.

Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like Thomas Jefferson.
      06-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

W:

getting in to college: Thanks Daddy!

elected governor: Thanks Daddy!

elected president: Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!
      06-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
W:

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

LMAO!!! The shrinking GOP.
      06-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Septro
Banned

Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Aww how cute and predictable of a liberal response - It must be easy to get elected governor of one our largest states as well as President (twice!) just on your Father's credentials alone.

I guess it is a given that Chelsea Clinton gets elected Supreme Ruler of the World by this failed logic. NM that the OPs points hit you square on the chin for being the globe's most transparent set of hypocrites.
      06-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
JB135i
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartikus View Post
LMAO!!! The shrinking GOP.
The GOP is not shrinking, nor is the amount of people who ID themselves as conservative. It is true there is dissatifaction with the party itself right now, but that's always the case after a presidential loss. McCain is an honorable man, but a rotten campaigner and pretty much a moderate, if not left leaning person in too many areas. Even with that, 59,946,378 people voted for him, a total if I am not mistaken that exceeded any vote total Bill Clinton got in either of his election wins by a large margin.

I am heavily involved in my local Republican organization and we have increasing numbers and/or new new faces every month at our meetings. Our golf outing last year could have had at least 50% more golfers. Some people barely even golf, but they just wanted to participate. We have people that are so active and enthusiastic that they go to adjoining districts and help them as well!

I was co-organizer of our local TEA Party, we had over 500 people there and let me tell you, if we had more time for promotion (long story) I am confident we could have had double that.

Do we need a new public leader, you bet, who that will be will emerge in the next few months and things will start to stabilize and rebuild. It's a normal part of the political process.

Sarah Palin for example, while not flawless, draws huge crowds due to her matter of fact style and good conservative values. She needs some help in her public speaking in some respects, but otherwise she rocks. If she can discard the advice McCains handlers gave her, she will do even better. She did fantastic at the convention but did choke at the debate, and she also could have done better during some interviews, no doubt.
      06-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty M View Post
W:

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

Thanks Daddy!

I could stoop to this level and make a counter-punch to this in regards to Obama, using the same phrase and substituting "Daddy" for something else (at least for your "elected president" part), but I'm not going to because I don't feel like getting banned for racial remarks.

Our two examples would actually be pretty comparable, except for the fact that mine has voting statistics to back it up.
      06-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Spartikus
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Twin-Turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
The GOP is not shrinking, nor is the amount of people who ID themselves as conservative. It is true there is dissatifaction with the party itself right now, but that's always the case after a presidential loss. McCain is an honorable man, but a rotten campaigner and pretty much a moderate, if not left leaning person in too many areas. Even with that, 59,946,378 people voted for him, a total if I am not mistaken that exceeded any vote total Bill Clinton got in either of his election wins by a large margin.

I am heavily involved in my local Republican organization and we have increasing numbers and/or new new faces every month at our meetings. Our golf outing last year could have had at least 50% more golfers. Some people barely even golf, but they just wanted to participate. We have people that are so active and enthusiastic that they go to adjoining districts and help them as well!

I was co-organizer of our local TEA Party, we had over 500 people there and let me tell you, if we had more time for promotion (long story) I am confident we could have had double that.

Do we need a new public leader, you bet, who that will be will emerge in the next few months and things will start to stabilize and rebuild. It's a normal part of the political process.

Sarah Palin for example, while not flawless, draws huge crowds due to her matter of fact style and good conservative values. She needs some help in her public speaking in some respects, but otherwise she rocks. If she can discard the advice McCains handlers gave her, she will do even better. She did fantastic at the convention but did choke at the debate, and she also could have done better during some interviews, no doubt.

I have to strongly disagree with you. Sarah Palin comes off as an absolute airhead. First impressions are very lasting in this country. It is so clear that she cant think for herself. I dont think it's fair to blame Senator McCain's people for this. I mean she couldnt even answer simple questions. I mean things like "What magazines/books do you read?" I cant fathom her confronting the problems of today in a respectable way. She just comes off as shrill. NEWS FLASH: America didnt quite take too well to her. Could you imagine leaders of other countries taking her seriously? I cant. Obama is by no means perfect but you have to wonder, what would Sarah do? How many damn ethics complaints is she going to get in Alaska? Come 2012, its going to be a crowded GOP-candidate room once again.
      06-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Aww how cute and predictable of a liberal response - It must be easy to get elected governor of one our largest states as well as President (twice!) just on your Father's credentials alone.
It must be easy....when your gal...Sarah Palin almost became Vice President and a heart attack away from President for nothing more than being a milf with glasses that people think make her "look" smart.
      06-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post

You are right that the number of people who ID themselves as "conservative" is not going down.

But the number of people who ID themselves as "Republicans" IS going down.

There is plenty of room for conservatives (AKA "Blue Dog" conservatives) in the Democratic Party, so there is NO contradiction between those two statistics.

Anyone who has conservative ideas who want to actually engage in discussion to get something done (instead of mindlessly following the latest Rushpublican Party rantings of the day) have a home to go to now in the conservative wing of the Democratic Party.

---------------------------------------------------

On a side note: Thanks for admitting you are nothing more than a Teabagger-Republican party operative abusing the Politics Forum for "organization" means to shill for your party that you are "heavily involved in".
      06-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

i think people are sick of government period. I know I am. Bush sucked, there I said it. The Dems and Reps use the two party systme to control us and point fingers.

WE NEED A GOOD THIRD PARTY AND WE NEED IT SOON!
      06-18-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

I like this thread.
      06-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner

Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree;5340135\

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If you actually knew anything about national history and weren't just copying and pasting, you'd know that isn't true. One of our presidents in the 19th Century managed to eliminate the national debt. I'll give you a cookie to tell me who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree

i think people are sick of government period. I know I am. Bush sucked, there I said it. The Dems and Reps use the two party systme to control us and point fingers.

WE NEED A GOOD THIRD PARTY AND WE NEED IT SOON!
http://www.lp.org/

Problem solved.
oneintheory is offline   United_States
      06-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Residing in the Chicago area has given me perspective on this whole matter... How can a man allegedly smart enough to be president have no knowledge of any wrongdoing on the part of any of his Illinois contemporaries? Blago? How can a president who appoints a team of law braking, tax avoiding staff have any credibility? This man is a sad, pathetic joke... At least Palin and McCain have something real to them. Real life experience goes a long way IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      06-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Residing in the Chicago area has given me perspective on this whole matter... How can a man allegedly smart enough to be president have no knowledge of any wrongdoing on the part of any of his Illinois contemporaries? Blago? How can a president who appoints a team of law braking, tax avoiding staff have any credibility? This man is a sad, pathetic joke... At least Palin and McCain have something real to them. Real life experience goes a long way IMO...
Residing in the Chicago area seems to have given you nothing but brain freeze. John McCain and Sara Palin are real alright ... REAL OLD AND REAL STUPID. Thank God they didn't get elected. We'd really be fucked.
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 06-21-2009 at 09:46 AM.
      06-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
immiketoo
Colonel

Thats a perfect lib response from someone who's drank the cool-aid... your boy has done great things so far. One day when you're all grow'd up and start thinking for yourself, you will see the light. Enjoy the USSA

Quote:
      06-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
ragingclue
One cam is enough

Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Residing in the Chicago area seems to have given you nothing but brain freeze. John McCain and Sara Palin are real alright ... REAL OLD AND REAL STUPID. Thank God they didn't get elected. We'd really be fucked.
Wow. That's insightful. Thanks.
      06-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #18
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Thats a perfect lib response from someone who's drank the cool-aid... your boy has done great things so far. One day when you're all grow'd up and start thinking for yourself, you will see the light. Enjoy the USSA
"your boy" has been in office for all of 5 months. He's accomplished all of his legislative goals to date so I think he's done pretty well so far. Even so it's a little early to judge. Not so for the right wingers. Didn't take long for you guys to become the party of NO. Not a surprise though. "your boy" represents a big change in America that's a bit hard for some of you boys to swallow.

Oh, and since you're clearly "all growd up" and only drinking Rush Dimbulb's cool-aid please enlighten us. What's this USSA you speak of???
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
      06-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #19
TurboFan
Ski bum

Drives: sideways

by legislative goals, do you mean taking very drastic steps toward socialism?

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
      06-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
immiketoo
Colonel

Nothing like the truth to bring out the petty a-hole in some people. I'm done with this thread

Quote:
      06-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
So he's calling the other boys names and taking his toys and going home. Sounds like somebody is irritable and needs a nap. Not very "all growd up" after all are we?
      06-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
Mighty M
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 M3 Jerez/FR Manual

Thanks daddy!