BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #23
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Hey, we all should be so lucky to land an employment opportunity like that. Quite a nice dent in the cost of a new Bimmer!

Your next QB any good? I suppose AP will be you workhorse this season.
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #24
LH1
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PA

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_325Ci
Hey, we all should be so lucky to land an employment opportunity like that. Quite a nice dent in the cost of a new Bimmer!

Your next QB any good? I suppose AP will be you workhorse this season.
From ESPN:

With Rhett Bomar kicked off the team, the Sooners' depth chart at quarterback looks like this:

Joey Halzle: From Huntington Beach, Calif. Transferred from Golden West CC where he threw for 2,077 yards and 13 TDs in 10 games.

Paul Thompson: Began the 2005 season as the starting QB, but was later moved to WR. Could potentially be moved back under center where he was just 11-26 for 109 yards and an INT last year. In his career, he is 42-73, 428 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INT.

Sam Bradford: True freshman from Oklahoma City. Top 20 QB recruit last year.

Hays McEachern: Walk-on.



Is Al Groh on the hot seat? I can see smoke in Charlottesville.
LH1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #25
greginaz1
Captain
 
Drives: 06 EZGO
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Woods

Posts: 878
iTrader: (0)

Growing up: ND
Starting with college: Purdue Boilermakers baby!
greginaz1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #26
LH1
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PA

Posts: 201
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Purdue Boilermakers baby!
Hey remember that game a couple years ago when Kyle Orton rolled out, fumbled and the Badgers ruined your perfect season in West Lafayette. Man, that was an awesome game.

J/K buddy.


I live in Big 11... uhh I mean Big 10 country. So I see alot of Purdue.
LH1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #27
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LH1
From ESPN:

Is Al Groh on the hot seat? I can see smoke in Charlottesville.
First thing, I like Al, he is a no nonsense type of guy. For the most part he seems to recruit student athletes and also keep his players out of trouble. However, this year we lost a few players who didn't qualify and that upset a lot of fans. The game atmosphere has changed drastically since his arrival and tickets sales are at an all time high. That being said, he has failed to live up to the expectations he set when he was hired. We are winning on average no more than when we had Coach Welsh at the helm. We are qualifying for mid level bowl games but that surely won't keep the fans happy. IMO, if Groh ever leaves Charlottesville it will happen on his own terms, meaning a few fans complaining won't matter one way or the other. But if/ when we start to speak with our money, (ticket sales, etc.) things may change. One never knows.

Again, I like the guy. But I do wish he would play a bit nicer with the media. He can be a wise ass and a know it all at times. And being that the State press already has a boner for anything VT, a personally such as Al does not help to make things better. In effect, i don't think he's on the hot seat just yet. But to many in HOONation the honeymoon is over and his seat is getting mighty warm indeed.
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
Texas Ex
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Blk Spt Pre Nav
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain View, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Texas Ex
Texas Longhorns! Class of 2004.
Texas Ex is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #29
MonacoBimm
Banned
 
Drives: Sapp. Black 330i(2nd e90)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Panama City, Panama

Posts: 1,859
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to MonacoBimm Send a message via Skype™ to MonacoBimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Douglas Schneider
Notre Dame Go Irish!!
A few members of my family went to Notre Dame. I hope I get in too.
MonacoBimm is offline   Panama
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #30
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
It was a good first week for my area.
My alma mater Pitt stomped Virginia!
Penn State beat up the U of Akron Zips (big deal).
WVU smashed the Thundering Heard of Marshall (big deal).

BTW does anyone else think as we get more politically correct the sideline reporters get uglier?
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #31
NJjustin
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW 330i W/Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey

Posts: 351
iTrader: (1)

The fighting Irish won baby !!!..although it wasnt pretty...at all. I will say this though..in the 2nd half the Irish defense was able to shut down some pretty explosive players.



and how bout that Miami / FSU game. I hate to see a matchup like that in the beginning of the season. Miami's national championship hopes are pretty much done. That kinda of game should be played later in the season.
NJjustin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 11:40 AM   #32
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

few texas players are also in trouble (reportedly)...
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #33
Stronie
Major
 
Stronie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Silverstone II E90 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Posts: 1,115
iTrader: (0)

THE Ohio State University!!!!!
#1 in the country
Stronie is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #34
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJjustin
and how bout that Miami / FSU game. I hate to see a matchup like that in the beginning of the season. Miami's national championship hopes are pretty much done. That kinda of game should be played later in the season.
I agree. I'd rather see the big rivalries at the end of the season.
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #35
txusa03
Major General
 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

Posts: 6,567
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJjustin
and how bout that Miami / FSU game. I hate to see a matchup like that in the beginning of the season. Miami's national championship hopes are pretty much done. That kinda of game should be played later in the season.
hey, one less contenders to worry about ...But that national champ computer algorithm got to go...
txusa03 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #36
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJjustin

and how bout that Miami / FSU game. I hate to see a matchup like that in the beginning of the season. Miami's national championship hopes are pretty much done. That kinda of game should be played later in the season.
Miami is not completely out of the race but definitely on the outside looking in. There is a lot of FB left to play.
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #37
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
It was a good first week for my area.
My alma mater Pitt stomped Virginia!
Penn State beat up the U of Akron Zips (big deal).
WVU smashed the Thundering Heard of Marshall (big deal).

BTW does anyone else think as we get more politically correct the sideline reporters get uglier?
you guys kicked our butts! :finger:
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #38
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronie's BMW
THE Ohio State University!!!!!
#1 in the country
Mother F'n right! Troy Smith for the Heisman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Douglas Schneider
I hope you guys kill OSU on the 9th!!




I saw a lot of chasing from such a "great" team hahahahahaha

I can find more. Soon you and Texas will be calling the....

__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #39
Texas Ex
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Blk Spt Pre Nav
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain View, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Texas Ex
The Texas Longhorns will win on saturday night. Our streak will continue and Gene Chizik's streak will continue. Oh and did I mention I'm going to the game! I cannot wait for the tailgating to begin early early saturday morning.

And about the Troy Smith thing, the greatest college football player to ever wear #10 is and always will be Vince Young of the mighty Texas Longhorns.

Hook 'em Horns!

31-21 Texas!
Texas Ex is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #40
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ex
The Texas Longhorns will win on saturday night. Our streak will continue and Gene Chizik's streak will continue. Oh and did I mention I'm going to the game! I cannot wait for the tailgating to begin early early saturday morning.

And about the Troy Smith thing, the greatest college football player to ever wear #10 is and always will be Vince Young of the mighty Texas Longhorns.

Hook 'em Horns!

31-21 Texas!
Vince Young had ONE good year. That doesn't make him a god. And if you really new what you were talking about you'd know the only reason texas won last year is because of the referees. Everyone that cared about that game knew that. Smith was coming off a suspension as well as we started Zuck(Zwick), but that's last year. This is now. Texas has showed they can win one year so far, and beat inferior competition like USC. OSU has been in the top 10 the past several seasons. This will be another one of those years.

You guys were actually excited about beating on a shitty team last week. That just filled your frosh QB with more hot air. But I will tell you this. We will for sure win on saturday. You cannot keep up with our offense. Ginn, Pittman, and Smith will be all over you! Picture the pictures above but with longhorn jerseys on.
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #41
Texas Ex
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 07 335i Blk Spt Pre Nav
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain View, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Texas Ex
If VY came back this year, there would be no doubt in EVERYONE's mind that Texas would repeat. Most even said that we'd have a cakewalk to another national championship. He was THAT good.

Anyways, it's this year and we are without Vince. Texas' plan is to keep the ball out of Smith's hands. We are going to run it and run it some more. OSU's defense gave up 150+ yds to a Northern Illinois RB? I can't imagine how badly our RBs are going to tear up your young defense. OSU's defense will be good at some point this season but I just don't see them coming together just yet.

All in all, it'll be an awesome game. I really can't wait. Hook 'em.
Texas Ex is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #42
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ex
If VY came back this year, there would be no doubt in EVERYONE's mind that Texas would repeat. Most even said that we'd have a cakewalk to another national championship. He was THAT good.

Anyways, it's this year and we are without Vince. Texas' plan is to keep the ball out of Smith's hands. We are going to run it and run it some more. OSU's defense gave up 150+ yds to a Northern Illinois RB? I can't imagine how badly our RBs are going to tear up your young defense. OSU's defense will be good at some point this season but I just don't see them coming together just yet.

All in all, it'll be an awesome game. I really can't wait. Hook 'em.
I have to do it. But what did I say? Yep, your frosh QB blew, and you have no one else. You at least got to watch the soon-to-be National Champions play.

BTW your RB's blow as well. That's what a real team does, PERIOD!
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #43
NJjustin
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW 330i W/Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey

Posts: 351
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud
Vince Young had ONE good year. That doesn't make him a god. And if you really new what you were talking about you'd know the only reason texas won last year is because of the referees. Everyone that cared about that game knew that. Smith was coming off a suspension as well as we started Zuck(Zwick), but that's last year. This is now. Texas has showed they can win one year so far, and beat inferior competition like USC. OSU has been in the top 10 the past several seasons. This will be another one of those years.

You guys were actually excited about beating on a shitty team last week. That just filled your frosh QB with more hot air. But I will tell you this. We will for sure win on saturday. You cannot keep up with our offense. Ginn, Pittman, and Smith will be all over you! Picture the pictures above but with longhorn jerseys on.
sorry "dude" but Vince Young was probably the most dominant college football play ever. He single handedly won the championship for his team last year. Notice I said footbally player not quarterback.
NJjustin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #44
pawarrant
SECDEF
 
pawarrant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Melbourne Red 328xi Sport
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pawarrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud
Texas has showed they can win one year so far, and beat inferior competition like USC.
I don't really like any of the teams you mention, but I do know USC isn't "inferior competition". Didn't they go several seasons without a loss?
__________________
2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather/Red Highlights Anthracite Wood Trim
Retired:2009 328ixi Sedan Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Aluminum Trim
Retired: 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Retired: 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather Wood Trim

pawarrant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST