BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #67
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
 
MikeG_C63_AMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hoboken,NJ

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I dont need an upgrade the other g-power car in the video needs one he only has psudeo "Prototype" stuff and out dated blower and Intake that was never meant to be the permanent piece only a hold over until the Carbon parts came in. I have the Newer stuff but at the momement the car is being upgraded to a higher rated system. Basically what I'm saying is if he had the parts I just mentioned results would be much different thats all. That C63 is fast as hell tho.
Gotcha.
MikeG_C63_AMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #68
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
OK genius, then you are retarded if you think a blown M3 will not kick the crap out of an 63.
What the hell are u talking about seriously? Are u lost do you need a map?
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #69
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
What the hell are u talking about seriously? Are u lost do you need a map?
I need a map.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #70
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I need a map.
Where did I say a blown M3 wont beat a C63?

Where did I say a blown M3 vs Blown C63 the C63 wont have the advantage?

Never. Thanks...


All I said is josh needs his parts updated and then the results will be alot different. Thats all.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #71
Chipped B6
Favorite ride of all time?: Blondes.
 
Chipped B6's Avatar
 
Drives: Boooooost!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Far away

Posts: 1,071
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [4.80]
2011 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2009 328i Sedan  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
What the hell are u talking about seriously? Are u lost do you need a map?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I need a map.
On today's show, we meet 2 fellow contestants ready to fight with words of wisdom bashing each other cars over the internet, the twist?: They have the same brand and make car!!
__________________
Chipped B6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #72
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Where did I say a blown M3 wont beat a C63?

Where did I say a blown M3 vs Blown C63 the C63 wont have the advantage?

Never. Thanks...


All I said is josh needs his parts updated and then the results will be alot different. Thats all.
I suppose never, I misread you statement. Shit happens! The rest? Well I thought I would just screw around with you. My bad no need to get all fuzzy.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #73
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
I suppose never, I misread you statement. Shit happens! The rest? Well I thought I would just screw around with you. My bad no need to get all fuzzy.
It's cool I'm not fuzzy I just shaved...
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #74
bimmerj
First Lieutenant
 
bimmerj's Avatar
 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 372
iTrader: (0)

I did like the responses alot more on the MB board. I guess a more mature crowd. In reality, from experience, a stock M3 (DCT or manual) will never take a C63.
bimmerj is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #75
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
I did like the responses alot more on the MB board. I guess a more mature crowd. In reality, from experience, a stock M3 (DCT or manual) will never take a C63.
And? Who cares? Thats not even the topic of conversation in this thread. Also just because you like the responses more on MBworld doesn't make them more mature but then you can always click back.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #76
bimmerj
First Lieutenant
 
bimmerj's Avatar
 
Drives: cars
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada

Posts: 372
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
And? Who cares? Thats not even the topic of conversation in this thread. Also just because you like the responses more on MBworld doesn't make them more mature but then you can always click back.
, sad case.
bimmerj is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #77
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
 
MikeG_C63_AMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hoboken,NJ

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
And? Who cares? Thats not even the topic of conversation in this thread. Also just because you like the responses more on MBworld doesn't make them more mature but then you can always click back.
+1

Its true. Refer to the OP. See UNBIAS!!
MikeG_C63_AMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 01:47 PM   #78
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
It's cool I'm not fuzzy I just shaved...
Haha!!
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #79
spike357
Private First Class
 
spike357's Avatar
 
Drives: The 1st 2008 e92 M3 in NV
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 157
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
I did like the responses alot more on the MB board. I guess a more mature crowd. In reality, from experience, a stock M3 (DCT or manual) will never take a C63.
Unless the road has a curve in it.
spike357 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #80
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,604
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
I did like the responses alot more on the MB board. I guess a more mature crowd. In reality, from experience, a stock M3 (DCT or manual) will never take a C63.
well atleast you can put a m3 in a sentence with a manual or dct, you guys only get boring ass auto. You really shouldnt be taking though, m3 has a 4.0l engine compared to your 6.2L.....there isnt many engines like the M....
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #81
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
 
MikeG_C63_AMG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hoboken,NJ

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)



This is starting to be a joke. Keep it on topic. There is about 10 C63/M3 threads already.
MikeG_C63_AMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #82
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,510
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
well atleast you can put a m3 in a sentence with a manual or dct, you guys only get boring ass auto. You really shouldnt be taking though, m3 has a 4.0l engine compared to your 6.2L.....there isnt many engines like the M....
+1, if M3 had a 6.2L V8 your MB would be NOTHING, NADA, SHIT compared to the M3. MB can barely produce 100 HP/liter and BMW achieves that + a little more.

on C63 AMG MB produces around 72 HP per liter = 451 WITH 6.2 LITERS
BMW M3 produces around 103 HP per liter = 414 WITH 4.0 LITERS
so if BMW had 6.2 Liter engine it would produce = mhhh 638.6 HP !!! now i wanna see MB achieve that. (not saying that bmw will come up with that engine but i am just stating what the approximate numbers would be if it had 6.2 engine displacement).
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #83
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,166
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
+1, if M3 had a 6.2L V8 your MB would be NOTHING, NADA, SHIT compared to the M3. MB can barely produce 100 HP/liter and BMW achieves that + a little more.

on C63 AMG MB produces around 72 HP per liter = 451 WITH 6.2 LITERS
BMW M3 produces around 103 HP per liter = 414 WITH 4.0 LITERS
so if BMW had 6.2 Liter engine it would produce = mhhh 638.6 HP !!! now i wanna see MB achieve that. (not saying that bmw will come up with that engine but i am just stating what the approximate numbers would be if it had 6.2 engine displacement).
Dont forget the C-63 is a DETUNED engine. Just doing the ECU gets you a HUGE increase. Its detuned so it doesnt compete against the higher models with the same engine. I DO agree that it still doesnt achieve over 100hp/litre but the 451 hp is the DETUNED amount.

If the C-63 was offered in 6mt and coupe I would have definately considered it. It was out of my picture due to the lack of those 2.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #84
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,510
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Dont forget the C-63 is a DETUNED engine. Just doing the ECU gets you a HUGE increase. Its detuned so it doesnt compete against the higher models with the same engine. I DO agree that it still doesnt achieve over 100hp/litre but the 451 hp is the DETUNED amount.

If the C-63 was offered in 6mt and coupe I would have definately considered it. It was out of my picture due to the lack of those 2.
yes, i do know that its a detuned engine since Mercedes offers many vehicles with such displacement that are produces many times more hp then what the C63 achieves. but wouldn't you agree that if BMW started using such a high displacment engines it would produce more hp/L than mercedes and have a higher output ?
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 01:24 AM   #85
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
 
KonigsTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dweller

Posts: 4,398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
yes, i do know that its a detuned engine since Mercedes offers many vehicles with such displacement that are produces many times more hp then what the C63 achieves. but wouldn't you agree that if BMW started using such a high displacment engines it would produce more hp/L than mercedes and have a higher output ?
I have no idea how we would know that. Maybe they archived the hp they wanted at AMG but lots more torque. But for sure the 4.0 produces more hp per L than almost any engine.
__________________
==================================================
KonigsTiger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 03:26 AM   #86
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Evosport posted on another board the Engine mods alone add up to $14,000 on that C63. That's more then the S/C lol.. That's not including the other mods like brake upgrades, wheels. Widebody mod, suspension and whatever else it has.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #87
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,166
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
yes, i do know that its a detuned engine since Mercedes offers many vehicles with such displacement that are produces many times more hp then what the C63 achieves. but wouldn't you agree that if BMW started using such a high displacment engines it would produce more hp/L than mercedes and have a higher output ?
Based on what we've seen historically from both manufacturers I would agree.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #88
M3 Montreal
Colonel
 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

Posts: 2,166
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Evosport posted on another board the Engine mods alone add up to $14,000 on that C63. That's more then the S/C lol.. That's not including the other mods like brake upgrades, wheels. Widebody mod, suspension and whatever else it has.
I thought ECU tune alone would get you to about 545 hp and 575 Tq for about 3k ?
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
M3 Montreal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST