BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-09-2017, 11:35 PM   #1
nOEMm
First Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
52
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Into the Big Leagues - MW/FR ZCP

For those of you like me who simply don't give a f***, enjoy the pictures. For others who take long shits and have nothing better to do, enjoy the story.

In November 2014 I had just signed for my first big boy job, was months away from graduating college and had a $5k signing bonus in my pocket. Naturally, I ran to my neighborhood BMW dealer and bought a 2011 e92 335i M-Sport under CPO warranty, as I still had a marginal degree of financial responsibility then. Alpine white with coral red, I was completely satisfied...until an M3 drove by.

Your young, in good health and have a peppy BMW I'd tell myself, count your blessings you shmuck. Well, that worked for a while, and then came the, "what impractical mod can I buy on the internet THIS month" phase. Remus Race exhaust, FMIC, tunes, diffuser, wheels, neglected girlfriend... Now I was a tad faster and had a unique 3 series, life was good...until some gibroni in a slammed M4 rev blasted me on the highway as I was minding my own business on a drive with my dog.

"F***ing weed whacker exhaust bitch. What I would give for a S65 V8 with a Meisterschaft exhaust right now", I mumbled. Wait a tick, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

Fast forward 10/7/2017: sell my car to a solid army-reserve local here in Chicago with big plans for the little N55, and found my way to a unicorn right here in my back yard (actually probably not a unicorn by forum standards, but to me she's perrrrrfect).

Cake:2011 E92 M3 60,000 miles
Icing: Mineral White Metallic
Filling: EXTENDED Fox Red
Cherries: COMPETITION PACK, Premium 2, Individual Audio
More Cherries: DINAN CF intake and DINAN axle-back

All in it was an expensive, higher than I wanted mileage, financially irrational $30,000 dessert but god damnit ITS MINE. Finally have a true M car and I could not be happier.

DINAN exhaust sounds great but I think a little too subtle and mature for me, going to pursue something that screams more "hey I'm a tool" or "my girlfriend f**king hates me".

Let me know what you think, and what preventative service I should do first. TAs scare me, not overly terrified of RBs since its a late 2011 build but knock on wood.

First pic of retired 335i.
Attached Images
             

Last edited by nOEMm; 10-09-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Appreciate 7
      10-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #2
b4hand
Private First Class
29
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: 2011 ZCP M3
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Jose

iTrader: (0)

10/10 story, nice car as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
JayyLebron
Private
JayyLebron's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 ZCP M3
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Awesome story, plus my favorite color combo. Congrats on the new ride!
__________________
IG: @JayyLebron
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
Dlpfcb
Private
20
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Man I love that interior. Congrats on a beautiful car. I just joined the E92 myself. I found an 08, I know I know it's an 08. But it has impeccable maintance records and 34k miles I couldn't beat it. Enjoy!!
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
k3silk
Captain
k3silk's Avatar
51
Rep
923
Posts

Drives: 11 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Great car... Many have made the jump from 335i to M3 and trust me you will not look back.
__________________
11 AW e92///M3
08 AW e92 M3 SOLD
07 AW e92 335i SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
1,214
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (22)

Congrats! Nicely spec'd e92!
I also made the jump - had an 08 e90 335i, RB turbos, FBO, custom tuned, air suspension, forgestars, etc etc., then to my 2011 DCT e92 M3, then my current 2013 6MT e92 M3. I dont care how fast my 335 was (or how fast people can make them), the M3 is a completely different beast and I'll take one over a 335 10/10 times (clearly, since I bought 2 of them back to back).

Enjoy the car and congrats! Let the modding begin!
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, CF, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #7
k3silk
Captain
k3silk's Avatar
51
Rep
923
Posts

Drives: 11 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Congrats! Nicely spec'd e92!
I also made the jump - had an 08 e90 335i, RB turbos, FBO, custom tuned, air suspension, forgestars, etc etc., then to my 2011 DCT e92 M3, then my current 2013 6MT e92 M3. I dont care how fast my 335 was (or how fast people can make them), the M3 is a completely different beast and I'll take one over a 335 10/10 times (clearly, since I bought 2 of them back to back).

Enjoy the car and congrats! Let the modding begin!
I did the same thing but they were not back to back. Had the 335i sold it Got the M3 loved it sold it and bought 98 Supra, Z06,CTS-V and was going to get F80 but when they came out and sounded like my old 335i I said the hell with it and got back to the e92 M3 platform. Wont be selling this one.
__________________
11 AW e92///M3
08 AW e92 M3 SOLD
07 AW e92 335i SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #8
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
1,214
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3silk View Post
I did the same thing but they were not back to back. Had the 335i sold it Got the M3 loved it sold it and bought 98 Supra, Z06,CTS-V and was going to get F80 but when they came out and sounded like my old 335i I said the hell with it and got back to the e92 M3 platform. Wont be selling this one.
Nice! Its amazing how many guys are coming back to this platform. I'm going to try my hardest to hold onto mine and keep the miles off of it.

All of my cars have been manuals, until I bought my 2011 DCT. People raved about it, so I had to give it a try. I loved that car, but for me, it was missing something...I didnt feel as "connected" to it. I missed the 3rd pedal so much that I sold it and bought my 2013 6MT, which is nearly identically spec'd. Now that I have the 6MT, I often ask myself if I made the right choice haha! If I could, I would have both in my garage. Theyre both amazing and provide a thrill in different ways.
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, CF, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
IND-Distribution's Avatar
1064
Rep
4,652
Posts


Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (3)

Classic combo, congrats on the M3.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
SkysTheLimit
Mspired
14
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: '04 E46 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bergen NJ

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful new ride. Congrats!

I always love the extended fox.

Looks like you are inheriting about 3 different tires on there - may want to get that sorted out before going crazy (sounds like a perfect opportunity to burn some rubber!)
__________________
..: 2004 E46 M3 Coupe 6MT CB/B
.:: 2011 E90 M3 Sedan DCT ZCP JB/B

Gone but not forgotten: 2007 E92 335i, 2006 E90 325i, 1998 E36 M3, 1999 E36 323is
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #11
nOEMm
First Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
52
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Man I love that interior. Congrats on a beautiful car. I just joined the E92 myself. I found an 08, I know I know it's an 08. But it has impeccable maintance records and 34k miles I couldn't beat it. Enjoy!!
Insanely low mileage wow, I could have rationalized that too. You get that under $30?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #12
nOEMm
First Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
52
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkysTheLimit View Post
Beautiful new ride. Congrats!

I always love the extended fox.

Looks like you are inheriting about 3 different tires on there - may want to get that sorted out before going crazy (sounds like a perfect opportunity to burn some rubber!)
Lol mighty observant of you! Yes the dealer snaked me with tires. Definitely taking it easy with these pieces of shit it is super squirly up front with the unmatching rubber. And the rears, well shit I havent even heard of the brand. New rubber should be here today tho!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #13
PERFM3
First Lieutenant
PERFM3's Avatar
13
Rep
375
Posts

Drives: Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal!

iTrader: (4)

Great find and congrats on the mighty upgrade. Welcome aboard! Keep us posted on our not-so-practical upgrades
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
Munichm3
Lieutenant
210
Rep
424
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (1)

If the car was only 30K Id say you got a really good deal for an amazing combo. Enjoy the car in good health!
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #15
nOEMm
First Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
52
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munichm3 View Post
If the car was only 30K Id say you got a really good deal for an amazing combo. Enjoy the car in good health!
Emphasis on "good health" lol. Thanks
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #16
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
314
Rep
1,891
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Congrats! Love the extended fox red leather

-Matt
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #17
IntegraXTR
Lieutenant
42
Rep
594
Posts

Drives: MY08 E92 M3 and MY15 F80 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (1)

That?s the combo I wished I had when I first got my e92!

Great story
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 07:52 PM   #18
k3silk
Captain
k3silk's Avatar
51
Rep
923
Posts

Drives: 11 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Nice! Its amazing how many guys are coming back to this platform. I'm going to try my hardest to hold onto mine and keep the miles off of it.

All of my cars have been manuals, until I bought my 2011 DCT. People raved about it, so I had to give it a try. I loved that car, but for me, it was missing something...I didnt feel as "connected" to it. I missed the 3rd pedal so much that I sold it and bought my 2013 6MT, which is nearly identically spec'd. Now that I have the 6MT, I often ask myself if I made the right choice haha! If I could, I would have both in my garage. Theyre both amazing and provide a thrill in different ways.
I have thought about picking up an e90 DCT but Im like now I'm getting a little ahead of my self. I need to scoop up a GTR or P-Car First. But keeping the M3 for sure.
__________________
11 AW e92///M3
08 AW e92 M3 SOLD
07 AW e92 335i SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 08:05 PM   #19
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
854
Rep
2,756
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT, '09 328i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (0)

Congrats and welcome! Mineral White is stunning in real life. When my cousin parks his next to mine, it makes my Alpine White look like chalk.
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '09 328i 6MT Space Gray + Saddle Brown

Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #20
nOEMm
First Lieutenant
nOEMm's Avatar
52
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 e92
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Congrats and welcome! Mineral White is stunning in real life. When my cousin parks his next to mine, it makes me Alpine White look like chalk.
Would never complain about AW though.

And I will be honest I've envied your signature and extended fox red for a longggg while now. Your car was much of the inspiration for mine. Cheers to killer color combos.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #21
Dlpfcb
Private
20
Rep
72
Posts

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOEMm View Post
Insanely low mileage wow, I could have rationalized that too. You get that under $30?
I wish no I was a couple grand over. It did have every package possible and I knew they had me as I live in Boise, Idaho and that car would have maybe lasted a day there as these cars are pretty rare here.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 10:01 AM   #22
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
110
Rep
1,214
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3silk View Post
I have thought about picking up an e90 DCT but Im like now I'm getting a little ahead of my self. I need to scoop up a GTR or P-Car First. But keeping the M3 for sure.
You and me both buddy! However, I'll probably need the funds from my M3 in order to get into a P-car haha, so itll be awhile!
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, CF, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST