BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars that don't blow up.

at riss's shop right now. posting on my cell. hangar fitment being worked on right now, should be good to go for the ones shipping out. none have been shipped yet, if u have tracking #, its cuz riss has paid for shipping and has boxes ready to have them out the door immediately once these r ready, so you wont be getting one with hangar issues dont worry (answer to person who asked sorry cell is crap and i cant go back for names)

sound quality not being so great on that film so a HD recording will be made by riss sometime soon.

as for drone im paying to have resonators put into mine, dunno if that will b an option for all of them but i have brought this to their attention so if there is enuff interest garnered then who knows what will happen i will let u guys know how it is with resonators once mine is all finalized.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #24
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Drone... is no good..

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #25
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M-DCT M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Drone... is no good..
Yeah, I wanted to like this exhaust. The price is great, and I like the sound, but as a commuter, the drone is a no-go. Hope they get it sorted out.
      06-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #26
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well, fresh news from the Riss Racing front. They took the drone feedback that I had (I think the issue got exaggerated a bit in this thread. It wasn't as bad as Eisenmann or anything, anyways....) and did take it into consideration. I went in today, and saw them making changes to the muffler and pipes. Also fully corrected all the fitment issues. That's some good news.

Edit: More on the new hangars/fitment. They have gone for an adjustable system, where you can determine height and distance of the mufflers by a system of tucked away bars and brackets. It's really hard for me to explain right now, but when you see it, it'll make sense.

Last edited by BothMyE92M3sBroke; 06-11-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
I prefer the flat planed high pitch crank sounds too, but you can never make a cross-planed crank engine sound like a flat plane crank. It isn't physically possible. In a flat plane cranked engine, the engine fires twice within the 4 strokes because there are 2 banks of cylinders in a 180degrees phase of eachother, while in a cross plane, like in most cars, the spark plugs only fire once within 4 strokes. A flat plane cranked engine, for example a v8, is "essentially" 2 4 cylinders engines in mated in a v- formation.
Finally... I was about to start a thread about this. No one seems to realize this car is never going to have that sound. Doesn't matter what kind of exhaust you put on it, the design of the engine produces the sound.

Some mufflers will enhance certain pitches and some mufflers will enhance others. But you'll never really change the sound of this car with just an exhaust.
      06-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
DrKevM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
Well, fresh news from the Riss Racing front. They took the drone feedback that I had and did take it into consideration. I went in today, and saw them making changes to the muffler and pipes. Also fully corrected all the fitment issues. Just thought I'd keep everyone posted.
Alright, I'm back in!!! I am impressed that Riss is actually responding to criticism and trying to make it right. Maybe my wait will be well worth it...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #29
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Glad to hear Riss stepping up to the criticism. Now only if they would return my calls...

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:06 AM   #30
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 , e70 x5m

Send a message via AIM to novablackm3
yeah im also glad their fixing the issue i just wish they gave customers who already pre-paid MONTHS ago the same information when we call. or simiply just pick up the phone and return our calls and give us a straight answer. I told them im completely fine w/ the exhaust being shipped when ever its ready and do not want to rush them, i am however NOT happy that i have been misled and told "its shipping this week, you'll have it by next week" since april. and not returning calls or emails. I have other parts that are also waiting install (RE SSK, AA ECU) and its a pain in the ass to keep rescheduling.

I'm sure the product will be great, just not thrilled about the customer service nor the way they conduct business...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #31
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: nucking futs!

Garage List
I see there are 2 versions of the muffler posted. Oval & a trapezoid design...which one's the final version? Is this louder than an Eisenmann Race? Thx!
      06-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hexagon is final version. Exhaust is offered in both Matte Black and Polished Steel finishes. It is not louder than an Eisenmann Race.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #33
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hexagon is final version. Exhaust is offered in both Matte Black and Polished Steel finishes. It is not louder than an Eisenmann Race.
Damn it, I want it loud & thought the Eisenmann Race was still way too quiet (it sounds great though). I'm sure it'll sound much louder combined w/their midpipes w/HFC's. Why did they switch to the hex design? Thx for the info!
      06-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #34
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Damn it, I want it loud & thought the Eisenmann Race was still way too quiet (it sounds great though). I'm sure it'll sound much louder combined w/their midpipes w/HFC's. Why did they switch to the hex design? Thx for the info!
Everyone else uses circular canister designs, so they switched to hexagonal to be unique. They want it to be their trademark.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #35
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Everyone else uses circular canister designs, so they switched to hexagonal to be unique. They want it to be their trademark.
OIC
      06-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...It is not louder than an Eisenmann Race.
Would you say the loudness is in between an Eisenmann Sport & Race or on the same level as the Sport? Thx!
      06-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #37
PLAY_HRD
GOT M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

I just joined this forum today so I could follow the progress of my exhaust to be. Soooo, Hello everyone!, I'm me.

I'm glad to see RR is taking the time to make changes to the exhaust and produce a quality product the first go around. But, I would like they have known up front I was going to be waiting 2 months to get it and that the exhaust was still in the R&D stages. I agree with the guys who don't want a deeper sound like an American car, keep the high pitch sound as much as possible. I do believe pitch is determined by the length and diameter of the canisters?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs! View Post
Would you say the loudness is in between an Eisenmann Sport & Race or on the same level as the Sport? Thx!
Although I'd say you have the right idea there, the Eisenmann Sport is pretty quiet, while the Eisenmann Race is pretty loud. So, yeah, haha. The difference was definitely apparent on the version I tested before. I wouldn't know what changes the revisions have brought about, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYHRD View Post
I agree with the guys who don't want a deeper sound like an American car, keep the high pitch sound as much as possible. I do believe pitch is determined by the length and diameter of the canisters?
In a conversation between swamp2 and dvpouldar26, dvpouldar26 explained this much better than I ever could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Sounds way too low pitched and "American muscle" to me. I prefer the sound of the flat plane crank Italian V8s, higher pitched and more raspy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
I prefer the flat planed high pitch crank sounds too, but you can never make a cross-planed crank engine sound like a flat plane crank. It isn't physically possible. In a flat plane cranked engine, the engine fires twice within the 4 strokes because there are 2 banks of cylinders in a 180degrees phase of eachother, while in a cross plane, like in most cars, the spark plugs only fire once within 4 strokes. A flat plane cranked engine, for example a v8, is "essentially" 2 4 cylinders engines in mated in a v- formation.

Last edited by BothMyE92M3sBroke; 06-17-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #39
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Black Sapphire M5

I'm interested in this exhaust, however need to see and hear the final version before taking the leap. Will you (OP) or Riss keep us posted on the changes (pics/sound) and provide a firm ship date?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #40
BothMyE92M3sBroke
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
I'm interested in this exhaust, however need to see and hear the final version before taking the leap. Will you (OP) or Riss keep us posted on the changes (pics/sound) and provide a firm ship date?

Thanks
I'll do my best to provide as much information as possible, and answer any and all questions that I possibly can.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #41
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Although I'd say you have the right idea there, the Eisenmann Sport is pretty quiet, while the Eisenmann Race is pretty loud. So, yeah, haha. The difference was definitely apparent on the version I tested before. I wouldn't know what changes the revisions have brought about, though.
Thx for the info! I'm torn between this (matte black) or the Agency Power (I hear it's as loud as the Eisenmann Race) which I've seen in person & has very nice welding if it matters.
      06-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #42
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Black Sapphire M5

Quote:
I'll do my best to provide as much information as possible, and answer any and all questions that I possibly can.
Thanks for keeping us informed, iBeJayKaying.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #43
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 , e70 x5m

Send a message via AIM to novablackm3
let me guess, their going to ship it out next week....
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #44
PLAY_HRD
GOT M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

^ +1 LOL I've heard it was going to be shipped out by the end of the week since May 20th, the original date they agreed to ship it by. This thing better be frik'n sweet!