BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

Thumbs down angelibright.com/customangeleyes.com

i know they aren't directly a vendor on bimmerpost, but those guys are a joke. if you're going to order AiB's, order them through EAS...at least EAS has good customer service.

here's my story in dealing with them: received a defective LED unit and have been trying to get an exchange for nearly 2 weeks. i've called at least 4 times, left 2 voicemails, emailed a couple times, even contacted them when they're ONLINE and AVAILABLE on AIM (CustomAngelEyes) all with no answer. i'm at a loss of what to do at this point so i'm disputing the charges with my credit card company, which is a royal pain in the ass.

moral of the story: the guys at EAS have been more helpful, even though they can't do much, than the manufacturer! i pity the fool that ever has to deal with angelibright directly...you're surely to have a painful experience.

GIANT THUMBS DOWN for angelibright.com
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,619
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Blake,

Send me your full name and any info you have from your invoice with AiB and I'll see what i can do for you.

If you have a scanned copy of your receipt - that would be helpful.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Blake,

Send me your full name and any info you have from your invoice with AiB and I'll see what i can do for you.

If you have a scanned copy of your receipt - that would be helpful.
thanks tom. i will send that to you later this afternoon, i've got to head to the gym right now. i appreciate your help.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
McLuVan's Avatar
Vietnam
144
Rep
13,120
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Socal~818~

iTrader: (1)

tom saves the day!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Blake,

Send me your full name and any info you have from your invoice with AiB and I'll see what i can do for you.

If you have a scanned copy of your receipt - that would be helpful.
tom - i just sent you an email with everything i have
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

quick update: thanks solely to tom@eas, i was finally able to get in contact with david@aib. i mailed back the defective unit today. thanks, yet again, to the guys at eas for helping me finally get in contact with AiB.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #7
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

still haven't received a replacement set
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
554
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
that's a long time! that's annoying man, what's more annoying is one of their vendors intervened and still show no integrity...

props to EAS tho
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
DevJ
Colonel
DevJ's Avatar
35
Rep
2,712
Posts

 
Drives: '14 Cayman S/IS350/RRS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (1)

Sent mine back on 8/12 but haven't gotten any. Got an email saying they're making new aib's with a different heatsink. Longest it should take to get here is 9/25. I know EAS will try to do everything to make the deadline..hopefully these angel eyes work.
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #10
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Moxie's Avatar
Germany
25
Rep
1,860
Posts

 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i know they aren't directly a vendor on bimmerpost, but those guys are a joke. if you're going to order AiB's, order them through EAS...at least EAS has good customer service.

here's my story in dealing with them: received a defective LED unit and have been trying to get an exchange for nearly 2 weeks. i've called at least 4 times, left 2 voicemails, emailed a couple times, even contacted them when they're ONLINE and AVAILABLE on AIM (CustomAngelEyes) all with no answer. i'm at a loss of what to do at this point so i'm disputing the charges with my credit card company, which is a royal pain in the ass.

moral of the story: the guys at EAS have been more helpful, even though they can't do much, than the manufacturer! i pity the fool that ever has to deal with angelibright directly...you're surely to have a painful experience.

GIANT THUMBS DOWN for angelibright.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterzM View Post
I have also dealt with David@Angelibright and would not recommend either! When you want to buy they are on top of everything but once they get your $$ then it takes weeks for a reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
quick update: thanks solely to tom@eas, i was finally able to get in contact with david@aib. i mailed back the defective unit today. thanks, yet again, to the guys at eas for helping me finally get in contact with AiB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
still haven't received a replacement set
Two months is a long time to wait. Looks like they're living up to their bad name. Sucks that once they get your $$ they kick you to the curb. You wouldn't expect that from a company that does so much business here. Hope you get it settled.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #11
chd2
Driver
chd2's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
119
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seabrook, TX

iTrader: (0)

Wow....I have definately changed my mind about doing this mod!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
C17MooseDriver
Captain
C17MooseDriver's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

I give me props to EAS for helping out with this AIB fiasco. I just had my second one fail. The waiting sucks, since it's been almost a month, but there's only so much EAS can do because it's not their product.

My AIBs were the worst mod I've done. If it wasn't for EAS, I'd be even more pissed. Hopefully version 2 will actually work.

Now that LUX is plug and play, I suggest folks might want to go that route. Cheaper and it isn't made by AIB so it works.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Moxie's Avatar
Germany
25
Rep
1,860
Posts

 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I give me props to EAS for helping out with this AIB fiasco. I just had my second one fail. The waiting sucks, since it's been almost a month, but there's only so much EAS can do because it's not their product.

My AIBs were the worst mod I've done. If it wasn't for EAS, I'd be even more pissed. Hopefully version 2 will actually work.

Now that LUX is plug and play, I suggest folks might want to go that route. Cheaper and it isn't made by AIB so it works.

Ordered my Lux today
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
176
Rep
4,651
Posts

 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

iTrader: (7)

i finally received my new capacitors yesterday. only took 4+ months....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
324
Rep
10,619
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
broken again, screw angel ibright's
There is no possible reason why you should be having the problems you are reporting. Can you email me what is (or is not) happening on your kit?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
bape
Second Lieutenant
bape's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3 DCT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Sorry to revive an old post but I have been trying to get in touch with customer service at angelibright.com and so far three emails I have sent have not been replied


I paid $300 + excluding shipping costs to the UK for this kit and it seems like a HUGE waste of money if customer service can't replace a faulty product even though they splash it all over their website that it has a 3 years manufacturers warranty!!


Judging by the fact that people had to wait 3 odd months for a replacement I think I may cut my losses and go for a lux kit!!


Hugely disappointed with angelibright.com..... BOOOO
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
ooowowizstev
Brigadier General
58
Rep
4,286
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Irvine

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bape View Post
Sorry to revive an old post but I have been trying to get in touch with customer service at angelibright.com and so far three emails I have sent have not been replied


I paid $300 + excluding shipping costs to the UK for this kit and it seems like a HUGE waste of money if customer service can't replace a faulty product even though they splash it all over their website that it has a 3 years manufacturers warranty!!


Judging by the fact that people had to wait 3 odd months for a replacement I think I may cut my losses and go for a lux kit!!


Hugely disappointed with angelibright.com..... BOOOO
Probably best to go through EAS. From what I've been reading, I will never purchase an AiB product.
__________________
'08 E92 ///M3 - AW/BLK/CF, M-DCT, 19's
H&R, Vorsteiner, Eisenmann, BMC, BBS More to come...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST