BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Whats the hold up?

Okay it might be just getting a little to excited but how long does your car stay “on order” before it goes into production?

Here is the info:

04/07/2009 I placed my deposit (Dealer did not have an allocation)

04/21/2009 Dealer got an allocation (got a production number)

05/06/2009 Checked the site/called and car is still “On order” status

Man this is going to be one long wait

Thanks for the info
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
Ben335
Captain
 
Ben335's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia

Posts: 891
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Okay it might be just getting a little to excited but how long does your car stay “on order” before it goes into production?

Here is the info:

04/07/2009 I placed my deposit (Dealer did not have an allocation)

04/21/2009 Dealer got an allocation (got a production number)

05/06/2009 Checked the site/called and car is still “On order” status

Man this is going to be one long wait

Thanks for the info
Your dealer can tell you what week your car will be produced. That way you aren't guessing. The allocation are based on a week of production, EX. My car was a week 14 production. Your dealer can tell you this info.
Ben335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Swinn
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Or if the dealer has no clue like mine.....call the 800 automated number and speak to a live person. Found out that mine was at week 14 also.
Swinn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
MyKmYk
BMW Individual Junkie.
 
MyKmYk's Avatar
 
Drives: E36/E46/E90 M3, MCS Countryman
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: D/FW

Posts: 436
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MyKmYk
Mine's slated for a "1st week of June production", however, "it is possible that this date is not entirely accurate".

Whatever that means. We'll see.
__________________

ATLANTIS & MORA
MyKmYk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Your dealer can tell you what week your car will be produced. That way you aren't guessing. The allocation are based on a week of production, EX. My car was a week 14 production. Your dealer can tell you this info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinn View Post
Or if the dealer has no clue like mine.....call the 800 automated number and speak to a live person. Found out that mine was at week 14 also.
Huh ... I'm not sure what you mean? It would be 14 weeks until it goes into production or 14 for the full production to be complete?

Both seem kind of long!
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Swinn
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

What I meant was that it went into production on the 14th week of the year. Whenever they tell you the production week, count the number of weeks from the begining of the year. Hope I made any sense.
Swinn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST