BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #639
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
BTW, none of this stopped those reasons prevented those teams from being physical. Being physical is mostly mental, the Lakers didn't have it last year or did they understand it. It is in my opinion that the Lakers learned from their defeat last year to learn they need to play more physical.

If you disagree, feel free to leave reasons that indicate they haven't been tough.
I agree, being physical is mental. Are they tougher this year? Not sure because Bynum was broken during the finals last year and they aren't facing a grind it out team at full strength like the Celtics. The Magic are not a physical team, with the exception of Howard. They run and run. Their starting PF is a perimeter player as is their starting SF.

If you're arguing that Kobe wasn't tired in the 4th quarter in the last game, I suppose you're right and every sports analyst is wrong.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #640
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
You posted examples of criminal behavior and I reminded you that Kobe falls in that category as well. Yes he was acquitted but so was O.J.
Wow, compare to murder? wow dude. I can see your obvious bias here.

Quote:
Wow, so he's a thug because of a few seconds on a music video? Again, what makes the Denver Nuggets different from any other team in sports with players who have broken the law or made questionable decisions?
Repeated dirty play from players like Dahtay Jones and Kmart?


Quote:
Again, clearly Phil Jackson, you know the head coach of YOUR team, disagrees with you. Call him up and teach him a thing or two champ.
I linked the rule book which clearly proved you wrong. Is that really the extent of your argument? We can just agree to disagree here since you have shown you don't know much about basketball here.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #641
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I agree, being physical is mental. Are they tougher this year? Not sure because Bynum was broken during the finals last year and they aren't facing a grind it out team at full strength like the Celtics. The Magic are not a physical team, with the exception of Howard. They run and run. Their starting PF is a perimeter player as is their starting SF.
I do think they are tougher this year. The way Gasol has been rebounding (with the exception of last game) and finishing And1 plays. The whole team is different. They have been inconsistent at times but they have learned how to play more physical IMO.

There's a reason why I excluded the Magic but listed every other team the Lakers faced in the playoffs this year.

Quote:
If you're arguing that Kobe wasn't tired in the 4th quarter in the last game, I suppose you're right and every sports analyst is wrong.
Comprehension must not being your strong suit, I never state Kobe was not tired, you are putting words in my mouth.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #642
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Wow, compare to murder? wow dude. I can see your obvious bias here.:
The legal system favors celebrities. How can you dispute this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Repeated dirty play from players like Dahtay Jones and Kmart?:
Just say it's because they're all tatted up and be done with it. You calling them thugs because they're physical is pathetic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I linked the rule book which clearly proved you wrong. Is that really the extent of your argument? We can just agree to disagree here since you have shown you don't know much about basketball here.
And what do you know? That you can google the rule book? Are you so freaking stupid that you think you're right and an NBA coach with 9 rings is wrong?
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #643
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
I think Lakeshow will take it tonight. Magic will regain a spurt of power to win their last game at home. Lakeshow will close it back in L.A. in game 6. Parade takes place in L.A.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #644
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I do think they are tougher this year. The way Gasol has been rebounding (with the exception of last game) and finishing And1 plays. The whole team is different. They have been inconsistent at times but they have learned how to play more physical IMO.
LOL they're getting more rebounds because the only guy down in the paint is Howard. When you have Bynum, Gasol, and Odom who obviously have the size and length to get rebounds, it's not hard to figure out why they're winning the rebounding game. Gasol is clearly the X-factor. If they give him 20 shots as opposed to 10. No one there besides Howard can stop him on the Lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Comprehension must not being your strong suit, I never state Kobe was not tired, you are putting words in my mouth.
You're right, my fault. At work speaking to soldiers and typing at the same time.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #645
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Alright, this was fun, but gotta go home. Looking forward to tonights game. We'll continue this tomorrow. Have a good night.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #646
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
The legal system favors celebrities. How can you dispute this?
I don't. But it's apples and oranges and I personally don't believe a girl goes to a NBA player's room at 2am for a cup of tea. She wanted money and that is my belief. If you believe otherwise, we can't really argue beliefs.

Quote:
Just say it's because they're all tatted up and be done with it. You calling them thugs because they're physical is pathetic.
Ariza is tatted up, I don't call him a thug. It's the actions, not the players. I'm from Southern California, seeing tats is a pretty common thing here. I don't think I'm not the typical guy in corporate america who sees a tatted up guy and calls him a thug. I call them thugs for their actions.

Quote:
And what do you know? That you can google the rule book? Are you so freaking stupid that you think you're right and an NBA coach with 9 rings is wrong?
Answer the question then, the rule book says it's up to interpretation of the ref if the shot has a chance to go in. If you believe everything Phil says, you aren't giving him enough credit. He says things for a reason. He says things like that to make him team realize that it was a close game and they could've lost it and to give them a sense of urgency. If you don't understand that about Phil, you haven't watched him enough.

For example, when he said Kobe made games close in HS there's psychology behind it. He wanted Kobe to be more of a team player during that time. Classic Phil. One might not like his approach, but he gets the job done.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #647
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
LOL they're getting more rebounds because the only guy down in the paint is Howard. When you have Bynum, Gasol, and Odom who obviously have the size and length to get rebounds, it's not hard to figure out why they're winning the rebounding game. Gasol is clearly the X-factor. If they give him 20 shots as opposed to 10. No one there besides Howard can stop him on the Lakers.
Yes, and when you have Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, and Kobe all crashing the boards, that is called being more physical.

Quote:
You're right, my fault. At work speaking to soldiers and typing at the same time.
thx for doing your job.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #648
shahsk30
Banned
10
Rep
992
Posts

 
Drives: slow BMW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dfw, tx

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #649
nightkhan
Private Woodman
nightkhan's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
467
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I think Lakeshow will take it tonight. Magic will regain a spurt of power to win their last game at home. Lakeshow will close it back in L.A. in game 6. Parade takes place in L.A.
that's how i see it. good for buss and LA to win at home for revenue.
__________________
Former King of Stock...
E90 325i, Jet Black:
Done with
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #650
OC 335i
General
OC 335i's Avatar
United_States
253
Rep
18,119
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkhan View Post
that's how i see it. good for buss and LA to win at home for revenue.
Interesting note is Jerry is not attending the games in Orlando.

On a side note, the arena is known as a dump. Very old and no luxury boxes whatsoever.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #651
shahsk30
Banned
10
Rep
992
Posts

 
Drives: slow BMW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dfw, tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Interesting note is Jerry is not attending the games in Orlando.

On a side note, the arena is known as a dump. Very old and no luxury boxes whatsoever.
really? wow, i thought a team as famous as the lakers would have a nice arena.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #652
MrAdams
do a wheelie!!!
MrAdams's Avatar
Mexico
28
Rep
899
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsk30 View Post
really? wow, i thought a team as famous as the lakers would have a nice arena.
the arena is Orlando's court...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I think Lakeshow will take it tonight. Magic will regain a spurt of power to win their last game at home. Lakeshow will close it back in L.A. in game 6. RIOT takes place in L.A.
My thoughts exactly. mind my edit...
__________________
~Adam
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #653
shahsk30
Banned
10
Rep
992
Posts

 
Drives: slow BMW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dfw, tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989baby View Post
the arena is Orlando's court...

my bad haha
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #654
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Interesting note is Jerry is not attending the games in Orlando.

On a side note, the arena is known as a dump. Very old and no luxury boxes whatsoever.
They're the only major sport team in the city, right? That would explain it. I've always wanted to visit an old school stadium like Madison Square Garden to see how it is. I would think they keep the old school theme but with maintenance.

There will be a riot in L.A. regardless. They lose, fans get upset and riot. They win, fans get amped and riot. The parade, however, has always been calm. At least from the 3peat dynasty with Shaq.

PS All Star game in 2 yrs in L.A.! I can already see some shooting/stabbing events occurring at a club during the weekend, just like Vegas.

I wonder how bad the seats would be for this next All Star game in Dallas. 80k capacity, must be like looking at ants from the last aisle, lol.

Doing work, the Lakers are not right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #655
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Lakers are back in it, it's a game again!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #656
shahsk30
Banned
10
Rep
992
Posts

 
Drives: slow BMW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dfw, tx

iTrader: (0)

poor play by nelson on fisher's three.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #657
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

dumb fuck stan van gundy did not foul...... what a moron coach..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #658
wj4
Major General
United_States
120
Rep
7,723
Posts

 
Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahsk30 View Post
poor play by nelson on fisher's three.
Fish was 0-5 prior to that shot. They didn't see him as a threat.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #659
jhv
Lieutenant General
jhv's Avatar
No_Country
443
Rep
17,307
Posts

 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Fish was 0-5 prior to that shot. They didn't see him as a threat.
this is the finals, you defend every shot. it was a bad play. whatever, im not complaining.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #660
shahsk30
Banned
10
Rep
992
Posts

 
Drives: slow BMW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: dfw, tx

iTrader: (0)

wow, refs aren't calling many fouls.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST