BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM Sport

05-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
trucheli
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 F32 435i

Just ordered a E92 M3 AW w/Red Fox and M-DCT European Delivery!!!

I can't wait to go back to Munich. This will be my third European Delivery in a row. My first one was back in October 2006 for a E92 335i then October 2007 for another E92 335i and now I will be picking up a E92 M3 Alpine White/Red Fox/Carbon Leather with M-DCT, Premium,Technology, PDC,USB,iPhone Integration. I like to keep my vehicles stock and selecting the options that I care about.

This was a last moment decision since I have been trying to sell my 2008 E92 335i Alpine White with 14000 miles for the last six months. Last week a couple called me to see the car and the same day they made the decision to purchase my car for $38000. I took them to my dealership in order to show my car as a trade in and save $2500 in taxes on the new purchase.

My purchase price was $750 over European Wholesale Invoice for a total of $60,610 including tax and no dealer fee.

I will be picking up on June 10th and coming back on June 14th. This time I will be staying at the Rennasaince Munich for $58 a night plus tax, I was alble to get that price via Priceline (Name your own Price) PM me if you need more information.

This is going to be a short trip but enough to visit the south of Munich, I will be going to Zugspitze Mountain, Garmish,Innsbruck, staying overnight at a B & B in Mittenwald and driving some alpine passes to Lake Constance coming back to munich on Friday to drop off on Saturday morning.

For those who are doing European Delivery I am available for any questions you may have. Feel free to PM me.
trucheli is online now   United_States
      05-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
dak125
Private First Class

Drives: 2010 135i

Sounds like a great trip!
      05-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
islandguy19
Starting Point Guard

Drives: 08 E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to islandguy19
have a great time! POST PICS!
      05-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal

Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Wow thats an awesome price for your 335i!! Lucky.

Congrats on the M3 too! If you have your trip already planned on google maps then i would love to see it. I still dont know what route i want to do while there.
      05-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
trucheli
First Lieutenant

Here is my route.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...3,2.496643&z=9
      05-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
trucheli
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@Project 808 View Post
Wow thats an awesome price for your 335i!! Lucky.

Congrats on the M3 too! If you have your trip already planned on google maps then i would love to see it. I still dont know what route i want to do while there.
Is this your first time? How many days are you planning for?

On my first trip I went to Dachau the day that I arrived, the next day I went to Eagle's Nest and Berchtesgaden area visiting the bunkers, a must see if you are into history. In the afternoon headed for Zalsburg staying overnight and visiting the sites ( we loved Zalsburg, I could live there). Later we drove to Viena where we stayed for two nights. This is one of my favorite cities. Drop off in Munich and flew to Rome for three nights

The second trip we stayed in Europe for 16 days, drove to Venice stayed for one night, two nights in Florence, drove to Pisa and stayed one night in Cinque Terre (Monterrosso al Mare) and took the a boat ride to Vernazza. We drove to Isla Margherita and Portofino on our way to Lago Como where we stayed for two nights in Varena and doing a day trip to Bellagio. Drove back to Munich drop off the car and we flew to our favorite city Paris for four nights.

If you don't have too much time I would recommend going towards Berchtesgaden and Zalsburg visiting Hallstatt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallstatt

European Delivery is addicted the only thing that I am going to regret this time is that I won't be able to enjoy the Autobahn at 150 mph like I did with the 335i. I won't be putting enough miles on the M3 in order to meet the break in requirements.

One more recommendation in Munich, if this is your first time you need to do the obligatory stop at the Hofbrauhaus beerhall. Once you've done that you need to check this place which in my opinion has the best beer in Munich. This is the place: http://www.weisses-brauhaus.de/
My favorite beer is Aventinus and Schneider Hefe Weisse Original. The food is great too.

Enjoy a great trip.
      05-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
^ Damn thank you for that post!

It is actually my first time and sadly I will only be there from Wednesday 8am to Sunday 1pm. I pick up my car at 9AM on Thursday so i need to drop it off on Saturday if i can. So I'm limited time wise.

Will be going solo so I'm up for any suggestions in terms of nightlife. I have no idea what I will do at night for those days. Staying at the Kings hotel in Munich for the trip. I will definitely check out the beer places you mentioned!

Although if i find a better route to go on and need to stay somewhere overnight then I'm willing to pay for a BB. Kinda hoping the Alps will be open by end of May when i go so i can maybe drive along there.

http://www.swissinfo.org/ger/verkehr...eSect=490#pass
Guess i need to start planning!
      05-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
trucheli
First Lieutenant

Since your time is limited like mine you should explore south of Munich and visit Zugspitze, Garmisch-Partenkirchen,Mittenwald and Innsbruck. You could do this in one day if you'd like or stay overnight in Meittenwald. I found this Bed and Breakfast for $98
http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/garn...out=2009-05-29

For the nightlife just make yourself to Marienplatz, you can hit the beer places I have mentioned and feel free to seat with strangers, that's the way it's done in Germany. In both occasions I have traveled with my wife so I don't know much about single's places.

You need to experience the Autobahn at least at 130 mph which I think that's the maximum speed possible without going over 5000 RPM before your 1200 miles service. Just one word of advice: Respect the speed limit in those places that are marked and the most important one keep close eye of your rear view mirror if you are riding on the left lane. Doing 130 is fast for US standars but slow for Germany's Autobahn, cars doing 150 plus come up to you real fast and you need to put on your right blinker and move over.

PM if you have any other questions. You'll have a great time.

P.S. You should schedule a Factory Tour if you can, you could do that on Friday.
      05-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
trucheli
First Lieutenant

Saturday Drop Off

If you are planning Saturday Drop off send a e-mail to make your reservation to the following adress:

drop-off@vikase.com
      05-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucheli View Post
If you are planning Saturday Drop off send a e-mail to make your reservation to the following adress:

drop-off@vikase.com

Oh I didnt know i could do that. Awesome!!

Seriously thank you for all the help.

I might bug you more later on with opinions on my route.