BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

INDustry distribution

12-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #1
islandguy19
Starting Point Guard

Drives: 08 E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to islandguy19
FIX IT TICKET Sign Off

HELP!
      12-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
islandguy19
Starting Point Guard

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
oh right...it's for having 15% tints all around. trying to avoid taking it off but if i must i must. if anyone can help out that would be golden.

SF Bay Area EAST BAY.
      12-03-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
Blake
Banned

Drives: Chevy Aveo

go find a shop in the hood and toss them some cash
Blake is offline   No_Country
      12-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk

Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

If you don't take the tint off, how much is the fine on the ticket? If I remember correctly, you can ignore a fixit ticket if you pay a higher fine (however, this may have changed over the years.)
Kadarin is offline   United_States
      12-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
doba_s
Major General

Drives: M3, 1M

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadarin View Post
If you don't take the tint off, how much is the fine on the ticket? If I remember correctly, you can ignore a fixit ticket if you pay a higher fine (however, this may have changed over the years.)
and you will be on there "Most Wanted" list
doba_s is offline   United_States
      12-12-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
johnL
Second Lieutenant

Drives: e46 M3

I think the point of a fix it ticket is that you have to "fix it". Unless you know a cop personally, you'd probably have to remove the tint and have any cop on the street sign off on it. Good Luck.
      12-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
inmotion
Lieutenant

Drives: where do I start?

my buddy paid the fine when he got his in his Pcar. I think it was in the range of $150

On order: 2010 R8 V10
      12-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
shiblanor
Enlisted Member

Drives: 09 e92 M3 JetBlk DCT

Last time i got a ticket for missing front plate, you can either pay the fine or show a friendly officer of the law that you've fixed it, and then you only owe a processing fee of something like 10-20 bucks. I usually just bolt the plate back on, stop by the police station for the sign off, and then remove the plate when i got home. Not so simple with a tint huh..i can't see taking the tint off and then putting it back on again...if you're unlucky you could easily get another one the day after reapplying the tint. I think you chalk i up to the price of having your car look the way you want it.
shiblanor is offline   United_States
      12-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
islandguy19
Starting Point Guard

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
There is no fine to pay. Just get it fixed (mandatory) and pay the 10 processing fee. I would gladly pay a fine.
      12-22-2008, 02:11 AM   #10
E90RWC
What you know about the twins?

Drives: bmw

Go to the courthouse. Pay bail. $125.

...and your chillin'!

That's how I do all the time.
      12-22-2008, 05:36 AM   #11
badfish
Major

Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Last time I paid about $119 and didn't have to fix it. It's a silly ticket...
      12-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
pfunk
Registered

Drives: BMW 2007

Fix It Ticket Sign Off

BADFISH --I just got a fix-it ticket for tint in So Cali - OC area. Did you say you can just pay the ticket and not remove it? Or do you actually have to get it taken off and signed off by cop??

I will pay the fine just to keep the tint off.....

Damn those cops...
      12-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
pfunk
Registered

FIX-IT TICKET sign off

BADFISH --I just got a fix-it ticket for tint in So Cali - OC area. Did you say you can just pay the ticket and not remove the tint? Or do you actually have to get the tint taken off and signed off by cop??

I don't mind paying the fine as long as I can keep the tint ON i mean....

Damn those cops...
      12-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
badfish
Major

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk View Post
BADFISH --I just got a fix-it ticket for tint in So Cali - OC area. Did you say you can just pay the ticket and not remove the tint? Or do you actually have to get the tint taken off and signed off by cop??

I don't mind paying the fine as long as I can keep the tint ON i mean....

Damn those cops...
Yep, you can pay it without having to take it off or getting it signed. It was about $119. I've done it twice now for 2 different cars. It's a BS ticket... Wait till they mail you...
      12-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
pfunk
Registered

FIX IT TICKET Sign Off

Sweet...thanks for the reply.

I got the damn tint ticket on xmas eve. I swear some cops have nothing better else to do.

How long is it before they mail you?

BTW -- these tint tickets don't add a point to your record do they? Or is it simply just non-moving violation ticket where either you choose to pay the fine or fix it?
      12-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #16
badfish
Major

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Sweet...thanks for the reply.

I got the damn tint ticket on xmas eve. I swear some cops have nothing better else to do.

How long is it before they mail you?

BTW -- these tint tickets don't add a point to your record do they? Or is it simply just non-moving violation ticket where either you choose to pay the fine or fix it?
Funny should ask that. I got 2 tint tickets like within a week of each other once. It counted as a point! This is going back a few years but I'm positive that it counted as 1 point for both of them, not each. I showed the cop that gave me the 2nd ticket the first ticket that I got for the tint. She said she could ticket me as many times as they catch me until I fix it. A total bitch, it was the only violation she got me for.

I think it takes about a month before you get it in the mail...
      12-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #17
pfunk
Registered

FIX IT TICKET Sign Off

Holy crap are you serious? Some cops are really dickheads. So I suppose if I get a second tint ticket it will count as a point...? How did you find out you got a point for this? Is there a way to check?

Also did they pull you over specifically because of your tint or were you speeding or had a moving violation? Just curious because initially I was pulled over for "riding the shoulder" on the fwy which in reality, I was just going around a stopped car in my lane and BARELY went on the shoulder (I don't even ride the shoulder b/c I'm afraid to pop my tires) -- the cop was totally exaggerating and said I was riding the shoulder. Anyhow, he basically gave me a warning for that but decided to give me a tint ticket instead.

Which part of So Cal do you live in? And did you leave your tint on?
      12-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #18
badfish
Major

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Holy crap are you serious? Some cops are really dickheads. So I suppose if I get a second tint ticket it will count as a point...? How did you find out you got a point for this? Is there a way to check?

Also did they pull you over specifically because of your tint or were you speeding or had a moving violation?
I got a speeding ticket with the tint ticket the first time. It was for going about 10mph above the limit. Then I got a tint ticket, only violation. I then got a notification in the mail that I got 2 points on my record in a short time period so that's how I knew. Speeding ticket was worth 1 point, the 2nd violation for tint was worth another point.

Quote:
Just curious because initially I was pulled over for "riding the shoulder" on the fwy which in reality, I was just going around a stopped car in my lane and BARELY went on the shoulder (I don't even ride the shoulder b/c I'm afraid to pop my tires) -- the cop was totally exaggerating and said I was riding the shoulder. Anyhow, he basically gave me a warning for that but decided to give me a tint ticket instead.

Which part of So Cal do you live in? And did you leave your tint on?
I live near Calabasas. The first ticket was in Woodland Hills, speeding by the CHP. The second ticket was in Long Beach, cop just wanted to get me for tint because she saw me roll my windows down. She asked me to roll them back up and I said no. She gave me a ticket anyways, didn't think about fighting it. I paid the fine and left the tint on. I got a tint ticket not too long ago in Thousand Oaks. I also just paid that fine. In reality, it's cheaper to remove the tint and get it retinted if you just look at the material and labor costs. But you waste a lot of time going to the courthouse and then waiting to get it retinted and they might not do as good a job or mess something up.
      12-27-2008, 01:55 AM   #19
Banned

Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
I got a speeding ticket with the tint ticket the first time. It was for going about 10mph above the limit. Then I got a tint ticket, only violation. I then got a notification in the mail that I got 2 points on my record in a short time period so that's how I knew. Speeding ticket was worth 1 point, the 2nd violation for tint was worth another point.

I live near Calabasas. The first ticket was in Woodland Hills, speeding by the CHP. The second ticket was in Long Beach, cop just wanted to get me for tint because she saw me roll my windows down. She asked me to roll them back up and I said no. She gave me a ticket anyways, didn't think about fighting it. I paid the fine and left the tint on. I got a tint ticket not too long ago in Thousand Oaks. I also just paid that fine. In reality, it's cheaper to remove the tint and get it retinted if you just look at the material and labor costs. But you waste a lot of time going to the courthouse and then waiting to get it retinted and they might not do as good a job or mess something up.
That is cool, you don't have to roll your windows up if they tell you?
Sticky is offline   United_States
      12-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #20
badfish
Major

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
That is cool, you don't have to roll your windows up if they tell you?
I don't know. I told her "I know the law and you can't tell me to do that." She looked kinda dumbfounded and said I saw your tint and I'm going to give you a ticket anyways. This was several years ago when HID kits weren't available, I also had some blue tinted bulbs that made the headlights look white. She said my headlights were blue and I told her that they are white when they are turned on. In strange situations like this where the legal code is obscure, I find that prefacing anything I say with "I know the law" makes them think I really do but I don't.
      04-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #21
badfish
Major

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I got a tint ticket a few weeks ago and got the notice in the mail. Ventura County... The payoff amount is $165 and if you choose to fixit it's $25. I think this time I'm going to take it off, pay the $25 and then tint the front windows again. This is not on my M3 and I had 3M 40% tint on the front before. I want to get a light ceramic film for the front now since it's close to being summer.

The stupid cop decided to pull me over again a few weeks after I got the first ticket. Same damn cop. I drove by him with my windows down when I spotted him. Then he turned off to go somewhere else but he was just waiting for me to roll my windows up which I did because it was a cold morning. Then he came out of nowhere and pulled me over. I showed him the last ticket he gave me and he said it's not a hallway pass. He was going to give me another ticket but then I guess at the last minute decided to let me go... bastard!
      04-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
islandguy19
Starting Point Guard

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
I got a tint ticket a few weeks ago and got the notice in the mail. Ventura County... The payoff amount is $165 and if you choose to fixit it's $25. I think this time I'm going to take it off, pay the $25 and then tint the front windows again. This is not on my M3 and I had 3M 40% tint on the front before. I want to get a light ceramic film for the front now since it's close to being summer.

The stupid cop decided to pull me over again a few weeks after I got the first ticket. Same damn cop. I drove by him with my windows down when I spotted him. Then he turned off to go somewhere else but he was just waiting for me to roll my windows up which I did because it was a cold morning. Then he came out of nowhere and pulled me over. I showed him the last ticket he gave me and he said it's not a hallway pass. He was going to give me another ticket but then I guess at the last minute decided to let me go... bastard!
So once you paid the $165 (referring to your post on 12/18/2008) before, is that it? You can keep the tint on forever? Or can the cops still get your again?