BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #45
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
141
Rep
8,034
Posts

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
I await my General-hood...
Let me poke around the interface to see if there is such a function. If there is, I'll make you a freakin' General!

Seriously, post some clips as soon as you have it installed...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #46
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Let me poke around the interface to see if there is such a function. If there is, I'll make you a freakin' General!

Seriously, post some clips as soon as you have it installed...
You know I will!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #47
e46e92love
Brigadier General
e46e92love's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,186
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
You deserve a promotion to general from private first class for this!
+1
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #48
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,879
Posts

Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South County

iTrader: (0)

Any update on ETA?

When do we get to hear your's start up?



(...with valve open, of course.) Damn, that sounds mean....I want.
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #49
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
Any update on ETA?

When do we get to hear your's start up?



(...with valve open, of course.) Damn, that sounds mean....I want.
Not yet. Getting perturbed...

That sounds super mean. Love it!! Where did you find that video? I hadn't been able to find much yet.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
Subw00er's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
1,210
Posts

Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
I wanted this until I saw the ridiculous price tag.

I've decided to make my own.. details to come!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #51
e46e92love
Brigadier General
e46e92love's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,186
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
I wanted this until I saw the ridiculous price tag.

I've decided to make my own.. details to come!
Not trying to be a dick, but this thread is about EPACY and his Kreissieg for everyone to enjoy, especially those interested in purchasing the system. Congrats on your project, but please start your own thread for updates and information.

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #52
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
Subw00er's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
1,210
Posts

Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
I dont think my post is off topic. The exhaust price IS ridiculous. Am I alone here?

BTW, I did start my own post.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #53
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
OC ///M's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,879
Posts

Drives: Moonstone e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Not yet. Getting perturbed...

That sounds super mean. Love it!! Where did you find that video? I hadn't been able to find much yet.
haha...yeah, you have to "go international". I think you actually may be one of the first stateside to get one...

Try searching youtube with words in diff languages, ie. "auspuff" instead of exhaust, diff. words, ie. "e92 valve open", etc...

Have you even gotten a tracking# yet?

The countdown continues...
__________________
OC ///M

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #54
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
jackolo's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
402
Posts

Drives: 14' 750xi - - -> 15' M4 SO
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton AB

iTrader: (5)

I would have loved to have this exhaust but $7K USD just doesn't seem reasonable to me and especially since it's not even a full exhaust for that price. All the more power to whoever actually gets one though. This is an amazing sounding exhaust.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
141
Rep
8,034
Posts

Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

E, I think you should rent the exhaust on weekends to partially fill the hole in your pocket.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #56
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
I dont think my post is off topic. The exhaust price IS ridiculous. Am I alone here?

BTW, I did start my own post.
If it is so ridiculous to you why are you bothering with this thread? You don't have to answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC kid View Post
haha...yeah, you have to "go international". I think you actually may be one of the first stateside to get one...

Try searching youtube with words in diff languages, ie. "auspuff" instead of exhaust, diff. words, ie. "e92 valve open", etc...

Have you even gotten a tracking# yet?

The countdown continues...
No tracking number. Supposed to get an update within the next 12 hours. GTM is actually there visiting the Kreissieg Facility again. That is twice now in a few months if IRC. I kinda like the idea of GTM doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
I would have loved to have this exhaust but $7K USD just doesn't seem reasonable to me and especially since it's not even a full exhaust for that price. All the more power to whoever actually gets one though. This is an amazing sounding exhaust.
Exhaust isn't $7k. Retail prices range from $5800-$6400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
E, I think you should rent the exhaust on weekends to partially fill the hole in your pocket.
Fantastic idea!! That would work well.

I am doing it all for M3post! Don't say I never did anything for this board!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #57
e46e92love
Brigadier General
e46e92love's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,186
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
bump......
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #58
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
bump......
Exhaust was supposed to ship from Japan today. I have not received confirmation of that yet.

The wait is tough...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #59
elmariachi
Major
elmariachi's Avatar
52
Rep
1,329
Posts

Drives: BMW ///M Division
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
I would have loved to have this exhaust but $7K USD just doesn't seem reasonable to me and especially since it's not even a full exhaust for that price. All the more power to whoever actually gets one though. This is an amazing sounding exhaust.
Exactly. I was strongly considering the Kreissieg but it wasnt even the full system. At USD5,500, the Akra was full titanium and full header-back. Brilliant pricing though a little high. If only Kreissieg had the full system for that price or perhaps a little more, I would have bitten. And damn that sound would have been more sensational.
__________________

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White M-DCT| Novillo-Black Interior| Carbon Fibre Roof| Premium Sound System| EDC| 19's Advan RS w/ Michelin PS2 Cups| iPod| GruppeM Air Intake| GruppeM Steel Braided Lines|Ferodo DS2500 Pads| Akrapovic Full Header-Back Titanium Exhaust| 6000K Philips D1S| 3M Tints|
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #60
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Found some other videos from the same E90 M3. The downshifts sound f'ing wicked.

[u2b]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8oT4RbXPfg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8oT4RbXPfg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/u2b]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #61
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
Exactly. I was strongly considering the Kreissieg but it wasnt even the full system. At USD5,500, the Akra was full titanium and full header-back. Brilliant pricing though a little high. If only Kreissieg had the full system for that price or perhaps a little more, I would have bitten. And damn that sound would have been more sensational.
The Kreissieg has something the Akrapovic doesn't...valves and remote operation. Also, I have concerns about TI welds over time. It's all a trade-off and that's why we are all individuals.
I do like the Akrapovic system. Just wish the tips were a bit less dull, a common problem I have with alot of the aftermarket exhausts.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #62
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
842
Posts

Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Ive always liked this one...



Congrats E. Cant wait for your vids
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #63
e46e92love
Brigadier General
e46e92love's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,186
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Found some other videos from the same E90 M3. The downshifts sound f'ing wicked.

[u2b]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8oT4RbXPfg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8oT4RbXPfg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Nice find

The only thing I am worried about with this exhaust is the two single "canister" design rather than one single muffler like with the stock system, Eisenman's and VS's systems.....

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 06-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #64
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
842
Posts

Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (1)

Yeah, after seeing this thread I found some more on youtube. Seem to be authentic. Sounds sick
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #65
Epacy2
Major
48
Rep
1,264
Posts

Drives: M3/X5
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Nice find

The only thing I am worried about with this exhaust is teh two single "canister" design rather than one single muffler like with the stock system, Eisenman's and VS's systems.....

Cheers,
e46e92
Why is that a concern? AA, Akrapovic, Ericsson and others have single canister designs as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonislike View Post
Yeah, after seeing this thread I found some more on youtube. Seem to be authentic. Sounds sick
There are a bunch from the manufacturer. Are you talking about those or regular users who got them installed?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #66
e46e92love
Brigadier General
e46e92love's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
3,186
Posts

Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Why is that a concern? AA, Akrapovic, Ericsson and others have single canister designs as well.
I know there are, and from behind they are both more visual (stick out more) than the single "canister" exhaust systems plus the concerns over air flow......not saying would stop me from buying it, just really dissecting it.

That is why a video and pics from a U.S. and fellow board member would be so helpful

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 06-05-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST