BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
wilibee
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: e93 m3 cabriolet
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: china

iTrader: (0)

engine check light showing after install amuse exhaust system

I had installede amuse exhaust system(sport catalyzer n titan catback)yesterday ,after 5km drive from garage to home,the engine check light showing on the dash board.Dose anyone here had this experience before??please help me!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Very interesting, I was told by Encore Innovations installer over the phone that they can not garantee 100% that a sport CAT or highflow CAT will not set off a Engine check light. They also said that one M3 had a light too but dealership reset the light and the customer never had it come back. Another customer had the pipe installed at another shop and they blew out the o2 sensor fuse and by not disconnecting the battery, and protecting the sensors. I know I'm talking about a different manufacture but it's possible that it's something else and not the high flow CAT's themselves. Have the dealer check it out and see if when they reset it if it comes back. I'd like to know as I'm trying to gather more info on these high-flow CATs. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
dogears's Avatar
8
Rep
424
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (0)

My Fabspeed with HJS high flow cats is still code free.....
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Which Fabspeed pipe and cats do you have? I thought you had EI's x-pipe and high-flow's. When I go to the fabspeed web page, all I can find is their half-pipe which replaces the 2nd cats and resinator.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
102
Rep
6,012
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Which Fabspeed pipe and cats do you have? I thought you had EI's x-pipe and high-flow's. When I go to the fabspeed web page, all I can find is their half-pipe which replaces the 2nd cats and resinator.
You have to call Fabspeed, it's not on the site.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

oh, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
Encore Innovation
Encore Innovation's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La, Ca. USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Encore Innovation
different cat have different result. usually is catalyst insufficiency. we went to through test and our cat is specific for M3 application without CEL.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
dogears's Avatar
8
Rep
424
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Yep, that is the case. Mine was the first they did and it is not on their site. But, it is available. Sounds great both by itself and with the Eisenmann Sport mufflers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
oh, thanks.
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore Innovation View Post
different cat have different result. usually is catalyst insufficiency. we went to through test and our cat is specific for M3 application without CEL.

Sir,
Are you then saying that testing proved that the Encore Innovation high-flow cat will not set off a CEL? Is that a garantee with proper installation practices? And should not make a difference on which M3 it's installed on?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Yep, that is the case. Mine was the first they did and it is not on their site. But, it is available. Sounds great both by itself and with the Eisenmann Sport mufflers.
Sounds interesting, I might have to give them a call if it's reasonable in $$.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Encore Innovation
Encore Innovation's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La, Ca. USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Encore Innovation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Sir,
Are you then saying that testing proved that the Encore Innovation high-flow cat will not set off a CEL? Is that a garantee with proper installation practices? And should not make a difference on which M3 it's installed on?
YES! under normal condition it should not throw CEL.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Thanks EI, I wanted some clearification on this.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
Encore Innovation
Encore Innovation's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: La, Ca. USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Encore Innovation
however the condition of Amuse system can be correct by ECU remap.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST