BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Stick to Clutch

04-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #67
replicat
Lieutenant

Drives: 40MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Actually for being almost completely straight piped its not bad at all. When cruising at freeway speeds the cabin is fairly quite as long as the windows are up. I can still talk to people etc. There is only a light drone at like 2100-2800 but anywhere before or after that the exhaust is quite in the cabin. Im never at those RPMs so I dont have any complaints. Ive even cruised next to cops and so far so good (knock on wood).
^^

This exhaust is by far the best most beastly sounding exhaust for this car. The pricing and gains are just the icing on the cake.

$11k for a titanium exhaust WTF?!

Ps...ppl complaining about a little droning & exhaust smell if any? Do you want 400whp w bolt ons or not?

Gintani FTW
      04-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #68
TRZ06
Captain

Drives: 08' IB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat View Post
^^

This exhaust is by far the best most beastly sounding exhaust for this car. The pricing and gains are just the icing on the cake.

$11k for a titanium exhaust WTF?!

Ps...ppl complaining about a little droning & exhaust smell if any? Do you want 400whp w bolt ons or not?

Gintani FTW
Your last response is rather insulting. Who doesn't want 400whp, however I do not want my 4YO nor myself to be breathing carbon monoxide. I can handle a little droning, but if you are letting fumes in the cabin, then the system was not designed properly.
07' 335i E90: KWV2, H&R Sways, SSTT
01' & 04' Corvette Z06
TRZ06 is offline   United_States
      04-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #69
Jonmartin
Banned

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Your last response is rather insulting. Who doesn't want 400whp, however I do not want my 4YO nor myself to be breathing carbon monoxide. I can handle a little droning, but if you are letting fumes in the cabin, then the system was not designed properly.
I'm not sure what your talking about every single cat less exhaust system on the planet will do the same. There is no special design around that NO cats means fumes bottom line. At least if the windows are down. But no exhaust will leak fumes directly into your car with the windows up. Whoever said that needs their head checked.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
      04-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #70
TRZ06
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I'm not sure what your talking about every single cat less exhaust system on the planet will do the same. There is no special design around that NO cats means fumes bottom line. At least if the windows are down. But no exhaust will leak fumes directly into your car with the windows up. Whoever said that needs their head checked.
Ok, we are on different pages. I am talking about the REAR SECTION system only.

All of my questions and comments are in regards to that system and NOT the full race system.
01' & 04' Corvette Z06
      04-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #71
Jonmartin
Banned

Drives: E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:

All of my questions and comments are in regards to that system and NOT the full race system.
Ok well then you shouldn't have that problem at all its not physically possible unless your installer is a retarded and puts a whole in your undercarriage. lol
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
      04-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #72
Cuban///M3
Dodgers!

Drives: 2009 AW M3

is there a gitanti rep on this board?
      04-30-2009, 01:56 AM   #73
niterider
Proove It!

Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:

Well if ur talking about just the rear section, it is very quite in the cabin. With drone from only like 1900-2100 if that. The rear section is very good and gives u a great sound. However, outside its one of the loudest exhaust but if u cruise u should have no prob. with cops. You tube gintani rear section and listen to the red coupe m3, he has only the rear section, sounds amazing. Very deep and has a nice pitch up top.
      04-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #74
niterider
Proove It!

Also the average gains with the rear section only was like 14-17hp. Get that and the Gintani pulley and you should have a good 25+hp.
      04-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #75
niterider
Proove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati955 View Post
sounds sick man
Thanks!
      04-30-2009, 03:21 AM   #76
TRZ06
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
Also the average gains with the rear section only was like 14-17hp. Get that and the Gintani pulley and you should have a good 25+hp.
Thanks, 14-17 is quite good for just a rear section, is that dyno confirmed?

Also what are the TQ increases for the rear section.

From what I gather from the clips online, the Gintani rear section is NASCAR sounding right? Kind of like "Lightning McQueen" in Cars right? That is the sound I am going for.

I dont care how loud it is outside, I just want to make sure my little girl can sleep in her carseat on the freeway, or I can carry a conversation, or listen to the Stereo. There are times I like to have the radio off and listen to the exhaust, but there are other times, when I like to listen to my music too and not have to compete with the exhaust to do so.

That is the reason I am torn between the Corsa/UUC and the Gintani. Since I had the Corsa on my Z06, I know I can get both worlds as needed, but I know Corsa used that technology also to make it quiet at cruise. BUT, I love that NASCAR sound of the Gintani.
01' & 04' Corvette Z06
      04-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #77
Mote
Colonel

Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

Brian! Nice job bro! Just saw this! Car is faaaaast!
Mote is offline   Colombia
      04-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #78
Humtek
Vishnu Powered

Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

That exhaust sounds wicked!
      04-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #79
Sales@Gintani.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Quote:
I dont care how loud it is outside, I just want to make sure my little girl can sleep in her carseat on the freeway, or I can carry a conversation, or listen to the Stereo. There are times I like to have the radio off and listen to the exhaust, but there are other times, when I like to listen to my music too and not have to compete with the exhaust to do so.
The rear section exhaust wont give you any problems at all. After a certain RPM, like brian said around 2500, its not loud inside the cabin.
Sales@Gintani.com is offline   United_States
      04-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #80
Sales@Gintani.com

Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban///M3 View Post
is there a gitanti rep on this board?
Ya, How may I assist you?
Sales@Gintani.com is offline   United_States
      04-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #81
zerox_guru
Super User!!

Drives: JB E90/Gixxer

^
      04-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #82
gthirtyfizle
Colonel

Drives: E92 M3 AW

Can u send me a price for the tune. I have a remus race exhaust and cat/ res delete. What can u guys do? Im undecided between aa, powerchip and u guys.
      04-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #83
replicat
Lieutenant

Drives: 40MPG

Quote:
Lol I never said once that this exhaust lets fumes in the cabin. I said "dont complain" about things like that if your in pursuit of 400+whp cars, PERIOD.

When your cats go...emission go up. Its logic. There are trade offs as with most mods to your car.

Quit crying
      04-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #84
DCv2.13
Registered

Drives: ...gonna pull the trigger soon

Send a message via AIM to DCv2.13 Send a message via Skype™ to DCv2.13
Would it be very beneficial to have Dinan TB's on top of this set-up?
DCv2.13 is offline   United_States
      05-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #85
niterider
Proove It!

Quote:
Thanks, 14-17 is quite good for just a rear section, is that dyno confirmed?

Also what are the TQ increases for the rear section.

From what I gather from the clips online, the Gintani rear section is NASCAR sounding right? Kind of like "Lightning McQueen" in Cars right? That is the sound I am going for.

That is the reason I am torn between the Corsa/UUC and the Gintani. Since I had the Corsa on my Z06, I know I can get both worlds as needed, but I know Corsa used that technology also to make it quiet at cruise. BUT, I love that NASCAR sound of the Gintani.
Yes the average i stated is based on dyno numbers and I think tq. numbers go up like 5-8ft lbs not sure but there is also gains here. Im sure u shouldnt have a problem with this exhaust. From what your saying sounds like Gintani is the right exhaust for u.
      05-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #86
JMD0977
Captain

Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

niterider, do you have any stock dynos?
      05-01-2009, 01:59 AM   #87
Mike Benvo

Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
I was there when his car was dynoed, and also had the pleasure of taking a ride in the car. It was amazingly fast, easy to get sideways, and sounded like an absolute beast.

And for reference, my car was dynoed directly after his and only put down around 345whp. Exhaust is absolutely my next mod.

Looking at the dyno graphs, it's apparent that the stock exhaust has way too much backpressure after about 7K RPM. That's where the main power restriction comes in. There is a very considerable gain in replacing the piping after the headers.

Oh yeah, let me add that my friends tuned 335i made more power than an M3 all the way to the 335's redline. Then the M takes over. But too close for comfort in gears 1-3.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
      05-01-2009, 05:06 AM   #88
MrHarris
yodog

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
I was there when his car was dynoed, and also had the pleasure of taking a ride in the car. It was amazingly fast, easy to get sideways, and sounded like an absolute beast.

And for reference, my car was dynoed directly after his and only put down around 345whp. Exhaust is absolutely my next mod.

Looking at the dyno graphs, it's apparent that the stock exhaust has way too much backpressure after about 7K RPM. That's where the main power restriction comes in. There is a very considerable gain in replacing the piping after the headers.

Oh yeah, let me add that my friends tuned 335i made more power than an M3 all the way to the 335's redline. Then the M takes over. But too close for comfort in gears 1-3.
We should have Jonmartin run against a really tuned 335i on e90post.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States