BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source

04-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #23
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
what does limousine mean?
Probably means sedan.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #24
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep

Drives: munichs finest

Send a message via AIM to matt
thats slag inclusion on the welds, nothing to worry about.
you can usually brush it off after welding..
      04-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #25
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Probably means sedan.
good point
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #26
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Please post some good videos of the SPORT EISENMANN!!!!!! I am in the market for an Eisenmann and I want to hear how the sport sounds compared to the race.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru in Romania View Post
check right side where image is blured, same as mine, full of holes.
Doru, I appreciate your constant input and suggestions for improving Eisenmann's quality control, and I have personally forwarded all of these directly to Eisenmann in Germany.

The thing to keep in mind is, Eisenmann is perfectly capable of using machine welding. Eisenmann's facility in Germany occupies several blocks of Stuttgart and features some of the most advanced welding, stamping, and bending machines in the business. As a manufacturer for AMG, Mercedes McLaren, and Porsche, Eisenmann's quality is tested to the highest standards in the world.

The aftermarket business is a hobby for Mr. Eisenmann. Rolf Eisenmann enjoys using his business' 20+ years of experience to make exhaust systems for enthusiasts. I find it a bit amusing that a few people have speculated that Eisenmann is in the aftermarket exhaust business to make money. Eisenmann's aftermarket is not even a blip on their radar when it comes to total income- aftermarket systems account for 6% of the company's business. The rest comes from Porsche, AMG, Schnitzer, and the many other companies that know Eisenmann to be one of the best exhaust manufacturers in the world. Rolf Eisenmann makes aftermarket systems because he has a passion for performance cars. Eisenmann makes aftermarket exhausts because they like making enthusiasts like yourself and others on M3Post happy.

Any shop in the US can call a manufacturer in a third world country, select a canister and tip design, and have a machine put an exhaust together. The welds will always be free of any imperfections. Eisenmann chooses not to use machine welds on their aftermarket systems because hand welding reflects their passion for the aftermarket. Instead of making their E92 M3 system in the same building as their OEM AMG exhaust systems, Eisenmann makes each E92 M3 system by hand, from start to finish. From beginning to end, a skilled welder manufactures the entire system. Of course the welds will have some tiny imperfections, in terms of appearance. I can honestly say that I've never seen a single Eisenmann weld break. Doru, if your Eisenmann system ever breaks, corrodes, or somehow degrades in quality, feel free to call me and I will personally send you a replacement system from my own inventory.

I know that many people will think that I am saying all of these things because I sell Eisenmann, and it is profitable for me to portray Eisenmann as a good brand. The reality is, from the day I purchased my first BMW when I was 17, I have aspired to own an Eisenmann system on my own car. From the day I started IND Distribution with my partners, I have aspired to sell Eisenmann, because it is the best. I didn't get stuck selling Eisenmann and am trying to make the best of a bad thing, I have worked for many years to get the privilege to sell Eisenmann exhausts.

I don't sell product I don't believe in, and I passionately believe in Eisenmann.
      04-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #28
cipher5
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan

Well said Ilia, and I can personally vouch for Ilia's comments and commitment to his customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini330zhp View Post
Please post some good videos of the SPORT EISENMANN!!!!!! I am in the market for an Eisenmann and I want to hear how the sport sounds compared to the race.
Here you go! Let me know if you're interested in a system!

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #29
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
Doru, I appreciate your constant input and suggestions for improving Eisenmann's quality control, and I have personally forwarded all of these directly to Eisenmann in Germany.

The thing to keep in mind is, Eisenmann is perfectly capable of using machine welding. Eisenmann's facility in Germany occupies several blocks of Stuttgart and features some of the most advanced welding, stamping, and bending machines in the business. As a manufacturer for AMG, Mercedes McLaren, and Porsche, Eisenmann's quality is tested to the highest standards in the world.

The aftermarket business is a hobby for Mr. Eisenmann. Rolf Eisenmann enjoys using his business' 20+ years of experience to make exhaust systems for enthusiasts. I find it a bit amusing that a few people have speculated that Eisenmann is in the aftermarket exhaust business to make money. Eisenmann's aftermarket is not even a blip on their radar when it comes to total income- aftermarket systems account for 6% of the company's business. The rest comes from Porsche, AMG, Schnitzer, and the many other companies that know Eisenmann to be one of the best exhaust manufacturers in the world. Rolf Eisenmann makes aftermarket systems because he has a passion for performance cars. Eisenmann makes aftermarket exhausts because they like making enthusiasts like yourself and others on M3Post happy.

Any shop in the US can call a manufacturer in a third world country, select a canister and tip design, and have a machine put an exhaust together. The welds will always be free of any imperfections. Eisenmann chooses not to use machine welds on their aftermarket systems because hand welding reflects their passion for the aftermarket. Instead of making their E92 M3 system in the same building as their OEM AMG exhaust systems, Eisenmann makes each E92 M3 system by hand, from start to finish. From beginning to end, a skilled welder manufactures the entire system. Of course the welds will have some tiny imperfections, in terms of appearance. I can honestly say that I've never seen a single Eisenmann weld break. Doru, if your Eisenmann system ever breaks, corrodes, or somehow degrades in quality, feel free to call me and I will personally send you a replacement system from my own inventory.

I know that many people will think that I am saying all of these things because I sell Eisenmann, and it is profitable for me to portray Eisenmann as a good brand. The reality is, from the day I purchased my first BMW when I was 17, I have aspired to own an Eisenmann system on my own car. From the day I started IND Distribution with my partners, I have aspired to sell Eisenmann, because it is the best. I didn't get stuck selling Eisenmann and am trying to make the best of a bad thing, I have worked for many years to get the privilege to sell Eisenmann exhausts.

I don't sell product I don't believe in, and I passionately believe in Eisenmann.

Very well said...I love my Eisenmann Race and I am super happy with the fit,finish,sound and quality of Eisenmann Products. I became a fan of Eisenmann when my buddy got the E60 M5, and put the Eisenmann Race on it...it gives me shivers to think about how INSANE it sounded.
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #30
MyKmYk
BMW Individual Junkie.
United_States
Rep

Drives: E36/46/90 M3, E82M, R60

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MyKmYk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup@Project 808 View Post
Well said Ilia, and I can personally vouch for Ilia's comments and commitment to his customers.

Here you go! Let me know if you're interested in a system!

They don't offer anything larger than the 83mm do they?

ATLANTIS & MORA
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #31
Jiaim
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: My car

Quote:

Very good point the read that, sound like IND is one of the best company around there
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #32
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

Drives: 2012 525d xDrive

ilia, nobody do business for fun, we all do it for money. the rest is romance. eisenmann product is overpriced and average quality, anybody can see that. you are polishing it to make it look premium in order to sell it like premium that's all, you should ask eisenmann to do it. without that polish will look as it is - crap.
      04-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #33
Ilia@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F82 M4

The truth is, Eisenmann does make aftermarket systems purely for pleasure. They don't need the sales, and most of all, they don't need your money. If you are not happy with the exhaust, please send it back as you've been asked to, and your money will be returned to you.

The exhaust systems themselves are top quality, and Eisenmann will continue manufacturing these systems to please car enthusiasts around the world.
      04-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #34
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I'm happy with mine.
      04-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #35
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

hahaha you are funny, if they don't need my money or yours why do they ask them?
      04-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #36
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
ilia, nobody do business for fun, we all do it for money. the rest is romance. eisenmann product is overpriced and average quality, anybody can see that. you are polishing it to make it look premium in order to sell it like premium that's all, you should ask eisenmann to do it. without that polish will look as it is - crap.
Dude I have been reading your posts all over the web about how bad the Eisenmann exhaust is or at least yours. Just send the DAMN thing back already and get your money back or quit posting.

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED Lights, Adaptive Suspension, 19's)
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #37
darwin316
Master Chief
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 e90 M3 JzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Dude I have been reading your posts all over the web about how bad the Eisenmann exhaust is or at least yours. Just send the DAMN thing back already and get your money back or quit posting.
+1

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #38
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 F80 M3 Mineral Grey

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [4.50]
Quote:
hahaha you are funny, if they don't need my money or yours why do they ask them?
Your constant nagging makes me nauseous.
2015 MG M3 // Blck Ext Merino Leather // Driver Assistance Plus // Exec Package // Lighting Package // M Double Clutch // Adaptive M Suspension // 19" Blck Wheel 437 M Mix Tire // CF interior trim // Navi system // Harman Kardon surround system // Full IND ext cosmetic pckge Gloss Black // BMW CF perform trunk spoiler // 35% window tint // 15mm Macht Schnell // Powder coated Gloss Black Exhaust Tips //
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #39
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
OMG! I just joined the forum, and I am impressed with the level of service and knowledge everyone here has. People like you manage to infiltrate every forum I've ever been involved with, and these forums are great resources to resolve problems. The reason Eisenmann charges $$$ is because they can. Materials arent cheap. They make a product that people want. So, either keep it, send it back, exchange it or STFU. Stop trying to get something for free by whining about it incessantly.

Sorry if anyone else is offended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #40
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I find it a bit amusing that a few people have speculated that Eisenmann is in the aftermarket exhaust business to make money. Eisenmann's aftermarket is not even a blip on their radar when it comes to total income- aftermarket systems account for 6% of the company's business.
Even though the aftermarket business is only 6% of their revenue, I would bet with you that it is their product line with the highest margins. Of course they are in this to make money...
      04-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #41
naveenb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: nothing yet...

Quote:
do you complain about everything? i dont think you have one positive post anywhere on the web.

WANTED:
Audi S4<Audi S5<BMW M3 sedan<Audi RS5
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #42
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

other than pointing out inadequate quality vs. money paid of a substandard product traded here by some brainwashing companies or individuals no, nothing to complain about.
sorry, i cannot answer or get into any personal dispute with uneducated people.
      04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #43
Islika153
Private
Rep

Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey

WOW, your arrogance and ignorance is EPIC FAIL.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #44
SteveT
United_States
Rep

Drives: Silverstone - E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to SteveT
About all we can do in this case is post our satisfaction with the Eisenmann product. Many of you have done this. I just installed my Eisenmann Sport for the M3 Coupe last weekend and I love it. I didn't photograph the welds, but a visual inspection looked very good. It was absolutely shining. I don't know if it was polished or not, but it's an impressive piece. Doru has his opinion and he's probably not going to change it. It's a shame that he's trashing good product. All we can do is post our feelings to the contrary.

By the way, I installed in my garage by myself with the connecting pipes. It took about three hours. I used a floor jack to support the old muffler on the way out and to lift the new rear unit into place.
Appreciate 0