BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #221
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
haha...maybe threaten them with a lawsuit?
i don't know many lawyers but i can refer you! hahaha
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #222
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Yea Eric, let me know if you need any help with dealing in this crappy situation.

It is hilarious when Nik is drunk. It is like truth serum. He was talking about how he wish he knew what $15k looked like during a conversation at the after party of MFest2.

Eric's car is a show car with a VF Stage 2 and get its attention. However, the HPF widebody gets more attention because it makes crazy amount of power it makes. It is a different market between the two companies. $15k vs. $25k+, respectively.

To be honest, the E9x S/C Kit gets a most attention now since it is the new model out. It was a bigger crowd around the E9x S/C kit than around Eric's car. They really didn't need Eric's car there.

People talk about the customer service backing of VF and how it is so much better because it is in California.
So does HPF need their widebody when there are other HPF cars there that make the same power? The whole point of Eric's car being there was to show a fully modded car with their product on it. "hey come see the M3 wins its class at the car shows (and won a trophy at BFest), and btw has our s/c installed." Why else would they bring the car out? Surely it wasn't because they had a lack of cars to showcase, and I thought this much was obvious. The difference is Eric didn't need his M3 to be at BFest (or MFest) and VF had a bit more to gain (said so himself).

Really, there's no need to have any E46 there.. i guess. Other customers won't be in the same situation as Eric either. lol
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #223
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Eric is Taiwanese. The Chinese/Taiwanese debate is a touchy one.
i knew that! i was just testing you!
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #224
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
So does HPF need their widebody when there are other HPF cars there that make the same power? The whole point of Eric's car being there was to show a fully modded car with their product on it. "hey come see the M3 wins its class at the car shows (and won a trophy at BFest), and btw has our s/c installed." Why else would they bring the car out? Surely it wasn't because they had a lack of cars to showcase, and I thought this much was obvious. The difference is Eric didn't need his M3 to be at BFest (or MFest) and VF had a bit more to gain (said so himself).

Really, there's no need to have any E46 there.. i guess. Other customers won't be in the same situation as Eric either. lol
The HPF widebody is the only car that is Stage 4 right now. So it is basically a one off car right now.

You are right that a high profile car will get attention and VF needs attention right now. It is nice to have bragging rights. They are proud to have their kit on Eric's car, but they aren't willing to help him through a situation VF put him in.

I agree that there is no need to have any E46 there. That was the reason why I wasn't going to take my car to Bimmerfest, but ESS wanted it to show off their twinscrew kit so they asked me. I believe that this year was the year of the E9x cars.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #225
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
i knew that! i was just testing you!
Tell Brandon that he is Chinese. Then sit back and grab the popcorn.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #226
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Tell Brandon that he is Chinese. Then sit back and grab the popcorn.
who's gonna take pictures... i'll ask him
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #227
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
who's gonna take pictures... i'll ask him
I'll make a video, if you do it.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #228
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
I'll make a video, if you do it.
Friday then?
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #229
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
Friday then?
I don't get back until after midnight. I have an EE Banquet to attend from 6-9PM.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #230
sc_tr0jan_m3
Major
 
Drives: CB 2004 E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
Friday then?
he'll prolly be with his babysitter.. i mean cougar... i mean girlfrand...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
dude.. i have gas right now. curry will cause stank farts for me. if i drink lots of milk, then ill shart.
sc_tr0jan_m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #231
AckM3
Teh Shuffle Fairiez
 
Drives: Teh e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Teh Bay

Posts: 1,115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
Like John said, if they can give free labor on those VF SS to John Doe, they should be able to do the same for their elite customer, Eric. Bad business move IMO.
And vice-versa, if ESS can give you a stunning deal and aftermarket support, why did they treat Billy like complete shit when he was their first customer There's good and bad stories for all vendors.
__________________
"It's like being at Thunderhill, only without a helmet" -- Itzkirb riding shotgun with me.
AckM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #232
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
The HPF widebody is the only car that is Stage 4 right now. So it is basically a one off car right now.

You are right that a high profile car will get attention and VF needs attention right now. It is nice to have bragging rights. They are proud to have their kit on Eric's car, but they aren't willing to help him through a situation VF put him in.

I agree that there is no need to have any E46 there. That was the reason why I wasn't going to take my car to Bimmerfest, but ESS wanted it to show off their twinscrew kit so they asked me. I believe that this year was the year of the E9x cars.
I wasn't really serious about the E46 comment since well.. there are people who drive E46s who attend. ESS wants your car there for a reason as well.. to show off their product. Even if there is another 330 there with your kit, there's greater strength in numbers. VF needed to be there with their E46s because they released their SS kit as well as their other kits.

Sucks what happened with Eric's M3. I hope VF steps up and does take care of the labor.. even if it is a heavily discounted remove and reinstall fee.
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #233
Shihguy
Private
 
Drives: E46
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ...

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)



this just came out today.. lol
Shihguy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #234
johnhk79
Major
 
johnhk79's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

congrats! why did they put my car on the cover and not your's? haha jk
johnhk79 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #235
endofanera7
Major General
 
endofanera7's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,172
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
so sick! congrats Eric!
endofanera7 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #236
Shihguy
Private
 
Drives: E46
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ...

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

not looking forward to the pic of me though. lol

but i think they named the article 'another piece of shih' ......
Shihguy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #237
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckM3 View Post
And vice-versa, if ESS can give you a stunning deal and aftermarket support, why did they treat Billy like complete shit when he was their first customer There's good and bad stories for all vendors.
They were working with him to figure out the problem. They told him to put the stock exhaust and headers back on and see if the cats were the problem. They hypothesize that the cats were clogged. If Billy couldn't confirm that test scenario, then they couldn't continue to narrow down the problem. It was already outlined on the thread he created on E46F.

O2 sensors being switched was already crossed off since Billy says that he had it checked over 3 times. As is most of the time 99% of the problems occur due to installation. Like you said, there are two sides to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
I wasn't really serious about the E46 comment since well.. there are people who drive E46s who attend. ESS wants your car there for a reason as well.. to show off their product. Even if there is another 330 there with your kit, there's greater strength in numbers. VF needed to be there with their E46s because they released their SS kit as well as their other kits.

Sucks what happened with Eric's M3. I hope VF steps up and does take care of the labor.. even if it is a heavily discounted remove and reinstall fee.
Most people didn't even know that I was supercharged. They just looked and moved on.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #238
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihguy View Post
not looking forward to the pic of me though. lol

but i think they named the article 'another piece of shih' ......
Nice catch phrase for the article.
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #239
sc_tr0jan_m3
Major
 
Drives: CB 2004 E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
congrats! why did they put my car on the cover and not your's? haha jk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhk79 View Post
dude.. i have gas right now. curry will cause stank farts for me. if i drink lots of milk, then ill shart.
sc_tr0jan_m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #240
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihguy View Post


this just came out today.. lol
niiice, now i need an autograph... after i drive the lambo


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihguy View Post
not looking forward to the pic of me though. lol

but i think they named the article 'another piece of shih' ......
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #241
HighBoostin330
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E46 330
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
niiice, now i need an autograph... after i drive the lambo
The sound of that lambo was just
HighBoostin330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #242
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighBoostin330 View Post
The sound of that lambo was just
i wanna hear
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST