BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EclipsisNA

03-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Macht Schnell Filter installed

So I orderd a Macht Schnell filter, installed it this last weekend and took it for a drive to/from work today.

When I went to install it, as I took the OEM filter off, I looked up through it at the sun and you coudn't even see light through the filter paper element. It was barely dirty. Just thick paper element. The Macht Schnell filter, I could see light through the filter element. At least it tells me it'll be a little easier for the engine to breath. Fit perfectly with no issues.

Driving: I probebly won't go get a dyno test done until I get all mods someday but my butt-calabrated dyno says there is a slight improvement in acceleration, engine responce, and minimul noise improvement from the filter but at WOT I can hear the suction a bit more.

Overall: Glad I got it and not money wasted. Hope you all find the same results.
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States
      03-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
dogears
My master volume goes to 11

Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT

The stock filter has charcoal impregnated in it. Plus the pleat density is low. I like mine more now that I swapped it out too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
So I orderd a Macht Schnell filter, installed it this last weekend and took it for a drive to/from work today.

When I went to install it, as I took the OEM filter off, I looked up through it at the sun and you coudn't even see light through the filter paper element. It was barely dirty. Just thick paper element. The Macht Schnell filter, I could see light through the filter element. At least it tells me it'll be a little easier for the engine to breath. Fit perfectly with no issues.

Driving: I probebly won't go get a dyno test done until I get all mods someday but my butt-calabrated dyno says there is a slight improvement in acceleration, engine responce, and minimul noise improvement from the filter but at WOT I can hear the suction a bit more.

Overall: Glad I got it and not money wasted. Hope you all find the same results.
      03-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
baarii
Major

Drives: ..

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post

I took a video, after installing mine let me know if any one wants to hear it and ill post it. (not a video of the install but the sound!)
baarii is offline   United_States
      03-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
sge92
Private

Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
+1

I took a video, after installing mine let me know if any one wants to hear it and ill post it. (not a video of the install but the sound!)
I'm interested in hearing it. Please post.
      03-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
+2 Likewise - looking forward to the video.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
      03-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
baarii
Major

here you go, they are from a cell phone camera
you can hear it when i rev it up hard..

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7woKrs8IoWU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7woKrs8IoWU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXi3JEBGKFw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXi3JEBGKFw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

03-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
sge92
Private

Drives: e92 M3

were those videos shot with the airbox lid off or on?
      04-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
brandon @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: F30 335i M-sport

great video and sound clips, sounds mean
brandon @ eas is offline   United_States
      04-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
baarii
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by sge92 View Post
were those videos shot with the airbox lid off or on?
Lid on!
      04-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #10
tim3less
First Lieutenant

Drives: '07 STi

wow that sounds nice!
tim3less is offline   United_States