BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
correct spacer for my wheels?

i just bought VMR CSL replicas from a forum member
the front offset is 20
and the rear is 22
now for the front, the wheel will stick out 9mm more than the stock (20mm Vs 29mm Stock)the rear
now if i want to replicate this change in the rear
would i add an 8mm spacer?

the CSL rears are 22mm i.e 1mm more than stock
so if i add a 8mm spacer would that end up making the wheel stick out 9mm?
i want to make the difference on the front and rear the same so i don't mess with the setup BMW did

and i don't want to get 15mm or 20mm spacers to fill out the wheel wells
i don't like that look.
kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,940
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
i just bought VMR CSL replicas from a forum member
the front offset is 20
and the rear is 22
now for the front, the wheel will stick out 9mm more than the stock (20mm Vs 29mm Stock)the rear
now if i want to replicate this change in the rear
would i add an 8mm spacer?

the CSL rears are 22mm i.e 1mm more than stock
so if i add a 8mm spacer would that end up making the wheel stick out 9mm?
i want to make the difference on the front and rear the same so i don't mess with the setup BMW did

and i don't want to get 15mm or 20mm spacers to fill out the wheel wells
i don't like that look.
A 10mm rear spacer will be fine...
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
well i know H&R makes a 8mm spacer
kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,940
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
This is a 10mm spacer in the rear with the VMR CSL replica wheels 19 x 9.5 ET22:



The difference to an 8mm spacer will be negligible... however, the 8mm spacer will give you the extra 9mm over the OEM ET rear specs that you are looking for.
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
This is a 10mm spacer in the rear with the VMR CSL replica wheels 19 x 9.5 ET22:



The difference to an 8mm spacer will be negligible... however, the 8mm spacer will give you the extra 9mm over the OEM ET rear specs that you are looking for.
thanks
good looking car
good choice on the Melbourne red
are your fronts ET20?
kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 10,940
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
thanks
good looking car
good choice on the Melbourne red
are your fronts ET20?
In that photo, yes they are the ET20. I'm no longer running those replicas, I have the OEM ZHP's.
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
SV Concepts
 
SV Concepts's Avatar
 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

Posts: 5,869
iTrader: (10)

We've been selling 12mm and 15mm like crazy for the stock wheels, but 10mm should be good for the E92... ALTHOUGH they now have a 19x10 fitment, too
JL
SV Concepts is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
We've been selling 12mm and 15mm like crazy for the stock wheels, but 10mm should be good for the E92... ALTHOUGH they now have a 19x10 fitment, too
JL
because most people want the wheels to stick out or to be flush with the fenders
i want to just match the offset difference in the front
ideally i would not be using spacers
but i don't want to have the front wheels sticking out more
without the same thing in the back
do you have 8mm spacers?
how about 10mm?
what brands?
kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST