BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Nixon
Banned

Drives: :

Where did all the news stories and posts go linking Obama to the Dow?

When the Dow was dropping, every right-wing nutter was jumping on the band wagon in the race to blame Obama. But since the Dow stopped going down, the silence has been deafening.

Not a single peep out of the right-wing linking Obama to the Dow.

Ah, I'm sure the Dow has plenty of down days in it's future. There will still be plenty of chances for you to blame Obama for the Dow, blame Obama for the Sept. crash, blame Obama for your granny's gout.

But when you do, we'll be here reminding you that you said nothing to link Obama to the Dow when it was going up....
      03-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

Drives: Nike shoe

It's called bear market rally, if you're so confidence why don't you put your life saving in the market now? I've already explain to you a million a time Obama's speech and secretary of state geithner speech did have an impact on the market the very next day. That was months ago, get over it already. You can't get over two freaking days just two freaking days and your going to drag it till today? Whatever the economy is totally recovered I forgot.

johnnymu is offline   Taiwan
      03-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
It's called bear market rally, if you're so confidence why don't you put your life saving in the market now? I've already explain to you a million a time Obama's speech and secretary of state geithner speech did have an impact on the market the very next day. That was months ago, get over it already. You can't get over two freaking days just two freaking days and your going to drag it till today? Whatever the economy is totally recovered I forgot.

You think this is just about you? Did you get news stories published and have your face on the cable news shows? Read the title of the thread, and check your ego, buddy.

And I said in my post that the Dow had plenty of down days ahead, so why would you say I should put my life savings into the market? I didn't say the Dow was going to continue going up. Read my previous post, and check your eye-sight, buddy.
      03-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

how about the AIG tax payer paid for million dollar bonuses? and the fact that AIG execs are giving over a million $$$ back to Obama and Barney Frank in political donations?
      03-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

You asked where are all the members who were saying Obama was to blame for the recent down market, I was one of them and I'm stepping up. Is there a reason to give obama credit for the last four days? Perhaps, that's because he didn't give another speech. You said you weren't making this toward me but you have brought up this issue more than once always asking me.
You seem concern about the market, you should be more concern with what the feds did yesterday buying IOUs with more printed money. Your dollar is worth less everyday

Last edited by johnnymu; 03-19-2009 at 07:00 AM.
      03-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

oh no Dow is down again and Obama just made a speech in California. Coincidence? Perhaps. Does it have anything to do with members getting on Obama over a month ago? No. So quit bringing back dead issue that has nothing to do with anything. Trust me if and when economy return to norm and it was in part cause of the president, I will be the first to bow down to him, but in the mean time I stand on the sidelines with my doubts.

03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
oh no Dow is down again and Obama just made a speech in California. Coincidence? Perhaps. Does it have anything to do with members getting on Obama over a month ago? No. So quit bringing back dead issue that has nothing to do with anything. Trust me if and when economy return to norm and it was in part cause of the president, I will be the first to bow down to him, but in the mean time I stand on the sidelines with my doubts.

No you won't.

You will say some crap about the market is cyclic, and it would have recovered anyways without any government influence.

You are already on the record saying that you want all of the companies that have received gov't help to collapse, regardless of how many other perfectly healthy companies that takes down with them in the aftermath. So no matter what happens, you will always come back to that, and how much better off we would have been if the entire banking, financial, and automotive industries had collapsed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I didn't even have to wait 24 hours for you to prove me right.

Quote:
oh no Dow is down again and Obama just made a speech in California. Coincidence? Perhaps.
Oh no, the Dow COULDN'T have anything to do with the jobless report released today could it? No, it must be Obama. It couldn't have anything to do with taking earnings after yesterday's spike, could it? No, it must be Obama. You fucking idiot.

You JUST did exactly what I said you would do. Thanks for proving my point. The whole time the Dow was going up, nothing. Then the SECOND the Dow moves downward, all the sudden the movement of the Dow is linked to Obama.
      03-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

Me wanting the corrupted corporation to fall has nothing to do with Obama. I have praised Obama in other threads and had high hope and still do so why wouldn't I admit fault if the stimulus does work?

03-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
EDK99
Captain

Drives: 07 E85 M

It is going down today because the government is interfering again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090319/...kets_stocks_59
Quote:
The jump in oil prices followed a move by the U.S. Federal Reserve to pump another $1 trillion into the U.S. economy, including buying Treasury bonds for the first time in four decades. The step triggered a slide in Treasury bond yields and the U.S. dollar, and also sent commodities prices higher.

Analysts said investors fretted about the possibility of the Fed's action stirring up inflation in the long term.
      03-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

Dude seriously I was being sarcastic when I made that comment about California. I was just pointing out their is no corelation to last month

03-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
It is going down today because the government is interfering again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090319/...kets_stocks_59

The Federal Reserve isn't a branch of the government. It is private.
      03-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #12
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
Dude seriously I was being sarcastic when I made that comment about California. I was just pointing out their is no corelation to last month
But there IS a direct correlation. Take for example the LAST time the jobs report was released. Right in the middle of Obama giving a presser on how bad the jobs report was that was being released that morning, the CNBC Financial Beauty Queen repeatedly blamed Obama for the Dow dropping that morning. She even went so far as to say that there was NOTHING else going on in the market, so the Dow was going down just because Obama was speaking to the press.

This is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of Obama announcing a worse than expected jobs report!

Every single example of you idiots tying Obama speeches to the Dow, there was other news going on that obviously was affecting the Dow. Just like today. So there is a direct correlation between today and all that was said before the market had it's upturn.

So while you are backing down and saying you are sarcastic TODAY, you still defend all the other times you weren't sarcastic. And all the other times you and all the other right-wing nutters weren't being sarcastic, there were other market forces in play, just like today.

Do you even remember what important economic information was released the day after Obama gave his mini state of the union speech? The one you pretended couldn't have impacted the Dow, that it must have been Obama's speech which was released ONE FULL TRADING DAY before the market dropped? I'm sure you don't, because you were busy seriously blaming Obama for the Dow.
      03-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

I can't believe you won't give it a rest already. When the president of the united states tells the public we are going to use alternative energy that effects the electric companies which has a domino effect down to coal miners. When Obama told the public we're going to work on alternative fuel you don't think that effected our auto industry? Again no matter how you try to paint it that day right after his speech the Dow future went down so yes his speech made a difference on the market, I don't care what other issue was later the next day cause the speech is what got the ball rolling and anything afterwards was just icing on the cake.

Oh yah last job was reported stock
Was up last month. Unemployment last week was announce stock was up.

03-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

We are talking about Obama's actual speech not what's in writing summerizing what's going to be covered that night.

03-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
We are talking about Obama's actual speech not what's in writing summerizing what's going to be covered that night.
It wasn't a summary, it was the entire speech. And the market traded up all that day. It wasn't until the next day, right before a major financial report was to be released that the Dow went down.

See you are still sticking to your idiotic belief that the major market movers are all so stupid that they can't read and react the same day the entire speech is published. They had to wait to have Obama read it to them.
      03-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
I can't believe you won't give it a rest already. When the president of the united states tells the public we are going to use alternative energy that effects the electric companies which has a domino effect down to coal miners. When Obama told the public we're going to work on alternative fuel you don't think that effected our auto industry? Again no matter how you try to paint it that day right after his speech the Dow future went down so yes his speech made a difference on the market, I don't care what other issue was later the next day cause the speech is what got the ball rolling and anything afterwards was just icing on the cake.

Oh yah last job was reported stock
Was up last month. Unemployment last week was announce stock was up.
Why don't you give it a rest already?

Why do you claim that TODAY you were just joking that Obama's speech moved the market. But still sticking behind your previous bullshit?

Which is it? Are you sarcastic about it, or are you serious? Or do you just choose whatever position that is most expedient at the moment?
      03-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

Wrong Dow future went down imediately after his speech at 11pm it transfer the next day 930am Dow new York market was down. Whatever was on his memo was not read by everyone but was heard on broadcast tv was heard by everyone.

03-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

I said " coincidence, perhaps" if I meant it would of said " coincidence? I doubt it" man read through the sentence please. I was being sarcastic today but I was serious about previous view on his speech and I still stand by it. His words did effect the market that day.

03-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
Nixon
Banned

Gee johnny, there was a big Obama speech last night. And the market is up today.

I figured you would be here already posting how Obama's speech is lifting the market.

Isn't that the standard that you believe in? That if the market moves after Obama speaks, that the market movement was because of him?
      03-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #20
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

What did he say? I stopped listen to him long ago when he said our economy is strong as ever, reminded me too much of the previous loser. But geithner I heard some rumbling today talking about world currency and how it's not needed, interesting fact read in bloomsberg how the article even says " geithner speech made market fall" go figure right, can you believe someone's speech can alter the market? Wowser.

03-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #21
johnnymu
Warranty Killer

since you want to continue this bs, the market did open lower. Just cause you were proven wrong on that one day do you really have to drag this every other day Obama makes a speech? It get, change that, it is old. What part of what people say in congress makes an impact to our economy don't you understand?

03-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #22
Nixon
Banned

Quote:
since you want to continue this bs, the market did open lower....

Your desparation to try and tie any little bit of negativity in the Dow to Obama is amazing.

What was it? 10 minutes of down trading a few points, immediately followed by a huge upward move? Ending the day up?

And you think the few minutes of slight down movement should be blamed on Obama. But the upward move? Silence. What a fucking idiot you are. Way to show you cherry-pick your comments linking Obama to the market for just negative moves of the market.

But again, the real question is where are you now that the market is going up?

Where are your comments that Obama is pushing the Dow upward? And not just you, but the entire right-wing noise machine that has suddenly become silent now that the market is temporarily spiking upwards?

ALL of you idiots should be all applying the exact same standards for market moves up that you applied when you blamed Obama for the market going down. Why the hypocricy? Why aren't you posting about Obama causing the market to go up, the same way you were posting about Obama causing the market to go down?

Fucking hypocrite.

And yes, I will continue to call you out, and all of your right wing nut-humper friends out every single day that the market goes up any you don't apply the same standards that you applied when the market was going down. What part about this don't YOU understand? It's all about your double-standards, and your blame-game that loudly blames Obama for downward moves in the market, but is suddenly silent when the market goes up --- Just to again blame Obama with the slightest downward movement of the Dow.