BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #45
Boost Gomez
Colonel
 
Boost Gomez's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Just go with HRE. They've been tried, tested and true for quite a few years. I really don't see what new companies like 360 Forged and the like have to offer that's superior to a company like HRE.
__________________
Boost Gomez is offline   No_Country
0
      03-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #46
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez View Post
Just go with HRE. They've been tried, tested and true for quite a few years. I really don't see what new companies like 360 Forged and the like have to offer that's superior to a company like HRE.

In my opinion, HREs are over priced (not saying 360s are cheap) and their styles are the same today as they were 2-3-5 years ago. My buddy had a set of 20" HREs on his E60 M5, VERY similiar design (same split 5 spoke)to my 360s and you put them side by side and cant even compare how much nicer my wheels are, the HREs looked like they were built 6 years ago, the style , the way the spokes bent inwards. Just my opinion!
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
      03-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #47
gemini330zhp
Major
 
gemini330zhp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BergenCo NewJersey

Posts: 1,181
iTrader: (0)

Just call EAS and talk to Tom and get their wheels alot cheaper and great service and are built for BMWs...
__________________
2008 Jet Black E90 M3 6SPD no sunroof and 18s to my specs


gemini330zhp is offline   Philippines
0
      03-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #48
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: pooptown

Posts: 325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
In my opinion, HREs are over priced (not saying 360s are cheap) and their styles are the same today as they were 2-3-5 years ago. My buddy had a set of 20" HREs on his E60 M5, VERY similiar design (same split 5 spoke)to my 360s and you put them side by side and cant even compare how much nicer my wheels are, the HREs looked like they were built 6 years ago, the style , the way the spokes bent inwards. Just my opinion!
your hyperbole of 360 is pretty excessive, if you aren't on their payroll you should be. in any case it just seems like your typical "company" used more as a tax write-off shelter for the owner to buy cool cars. it doesnt seem like they offer anything innovative or different, just used recycled designs from other companies. in any case outside of bmw forums i dont know of anyone that really knows too much about the company, and forums seem to hype up products for no particular reason. this is just a wild guess but in this garbage of an economy, they're probably having a hard time paying the manufacturer for wheels, so they have to wait for new paying customers to pay off the old orders.
ismelllikepoop is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #49
serven7
Second Lieutenant
 
serven7's Avatar
 
Drives: RS 46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Honolulu/Phoenix

Posts: 293
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
In my opinion, HREs are over priced (not saying 360s are cheap) and their styles are the same today as they were 2-3-5 years ago. My buddy had a set of 20" HREs on his E60 M5, VERY similiar design (same split 5 spoke)to my 360s and you put them side by side and cant even compare how much nicer my wheels are, the HREs looked like they were built 6 years ago, the style , the way the spokes bent inwards. Just my opinion!
I disagree. My HREs are top quality, made in house. Thats the great thing about HRE is they got their hands on the wheels the entire step of the way so you know the quality is top notch. Yes, they arent cheep but "you got to pay to play"

I admittedly know next to nothing about 360. Do they make their own wheels?
serven7 is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 01:10 AM   #50
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
I disagree. My HREs are top quality, made in house. Thats the great thing about HRE is they got their hands on the wheels the entire step of the way so you know the quality is top notch. Yes, they arent cheep but "you got to pay to play"

I admittedly know next to nothing about 360. Do they make their own wheels?
Have to agree, couldn't believe how well HRE took care of me not to mention how quickly they delivered exactly what I wanted.

Plus, I can't think of a lighter wheel than their competition series without going to a Mag.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #51
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
 
Irb Digital's Avatar
 
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Irb Digital
Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
I disagree. My HREs are top quality, made in house. Thats the great thing about HRE is they got their hands on the wheels the entire step of the way so you know the quality is top notch. Yes, they arent cheep but "you got to pay to play"

I admittedly know next to nothing about 360. Do they make their own wheels?
From what I was told.....they do not manufacture their own wheels. Which means, they are probably machined and built elsewhere by some other company, and then sent to 360 for finishing. I'm not crapping on them by any means, they have nice looking wheels, and seem to be of high quality. But I still don't understand the hype, or the price. Volks, go for half, and IMO offer similar strength, weight, and quality. But since the tuner crowd likes them, they must be crap, and don't belong on bimmers
__________________
WAR Hammy/McLaren F1 WDC 2010
Irb Digital is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 04:49 AM   #52
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i find it ridiculous people are spending 6k on a set of wheels and the company cant even return a damn phone call.

ironic how the owner of 360 recently bought a ferrari.
Was it a 360?
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #53
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
 
MMMazing07's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MD

Posts: 1,472
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Was it a 360?
not even. a modded 430

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...60-forged.html
MMMazing07 is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #54
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,345
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
From what I was told.....they do not manufacture their own wheels. Which means, they are probably machined and built elsewhere by some other company, and then sent to 360 for finishing. I'm not crapping on them by any means, they have nice looking wheels, and seem to be of high quality. But I still don't understand the hype, or the price. Volks, go for half, and IMO offer similar strength, weight, and quality. But since the tuner crowd likes them, they must be crap, and don't belong on bimmers
Are you kidding? Volk wheels are MUCH stronger than 360 wheels. They're a proven wheel company. Some of their wheels are 10,000TON forged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
They also just moved to a sweet new office. There are pics on 6-speed too. I guess the phones aren't installed yet. It seems all the new wheel companies have other people making the wheels for them and they basically have NO CONTROL over long it'll take the manufacturer to make the wheel. MORR had similar issues with either the manufacturer or the finisher.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #55
serven7
Second Lieutenant
 
serven7's Avatar
 
Drives: RS 46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Honolulu/Phoenix

Posts: 293
iTrader: (1)

My two cents- It seems to me as if 360 is marketing hype. Bottom line is unless you are building your own wheels from step 1 you cant possibly justify those prices.

HRE/Volk - Same same, both are solid wheels however the thing that appeals to me about the HREs is the fact that no rice rocket is going to pull up next to me with the same wheels, exclusivity is the only reason I would pay more for HREs than Volks.
serven7 is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #56
crimsone90
Banned
 
Drives: MR E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Heaven

Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
My two cents- It seems to me as if 360 is marketing hype. Bottom line is unless you are building your own wheels from step 1 you cant possibly justify those prices.

HRE/Volk - Same same, both are solid wheels however the thing that appeals to me about the HREs is the fact that no rice rocket is going to pull up next to me with the same wheels, exclusivity is the only reason I would pay more for HREs than Volks.
Exclusivity with HRE? Totally the opposite. Every M3 out there has HRE P40/P43! You`ll get more exclusivity with the new RAC, a set of MORR, NEEZ, or even a set of TE-37s.
crimsone90 is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #57
e46e92love
Brigadier General
 
e46e92love's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The East Side of Things

Posts: 3,042
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to e46e92love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
From what I was told.....they do not manufacture their own wheels. Which means, they are probably machined and built elsewhere by some other company, and then sent to 360 for finishing. I'm not crapping on them by any means, they have nice looking wheels, and seem to be of high quality. But I still don't understand the hype, or the price. Volks, go for half, and IMO offer similar strength, weight, and quality. But since the tuner crowd likes them, they must be crap, and don't belong on bimmers
+1, they don't make their own wheels. In fact the manufacturer is the same of some other high end wheels that I just can't remember who it was and that bugs me. Not there is anything wrong with not making your own wheels, but might explain why there are delays and they don't call people back, because they can't control the delays. Just my .02

Cheers,
e46e92
__________________

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
e46e92love is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #58
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,345
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
My two cents- It seems to me as if 360 is marketing hype. Bottom line is unless you are building your own wheels from step 1 you cant possibly justify those prices.

HRE/Volk - Same same, both are solid wheels however the thing that appeals to me about the HREs is the fact that no rice rocket is going to pull up next to me with the same wheels, exclusivity is the only reason I would pay more for HREs than Volks.
Please do not compare HRE to Volk (or NEEZ/BBS/Champion). HRE is not even close to being the same build quality as those wheels. HRE is much closer to 360 Forged then the above mentioned wheels.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #59
serven7
Second Lieutenant
 
serven7's Avatar
 
Drives: RS 46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Honolulu/Phoenix

Posts: 293
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
Exclusivity with HRE? Totally the opposite. Every M3 out there has HRE P40/P43! You`ll get more exclusivity with the new RAC, a set of MORR, NEEZ, or even a set of TE-37s.
Please read my post again. I said nothing about other M3s also having HREs. I was more referring to other cars. Exclusivity? Yes, there are more Rays/Volk on the road than HREs. I bought HREs because they are the best looking in my opinion. I have seen more M3s with 37s than 43s. It would be interesting to know for sure. Its gota be close.

Quote:
Please do not compare HRE to Volk (or NEEZ/BBS/Champion). HRE is not even close to being the same build quality as those wheels. HRE is much closer to 360 Forged then the above mentioned wheels.
Ok, Fair enough.
serven7 is offline  
0
      03-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #60
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
HRE > 360.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #61
PunjabiM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
PunjabiM3's Avatar
 
Drives: R8 5.2 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oro Valley, AZ

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
HRE > 360.
Tire Rack Sport Edition wheels pwns them all period.
__________________
2012 Audi R8 V10, 6MT, Suzuka Gray, Capristo X-Pipe, Klassen M52R, GMG springs, R8 GT tails, Satin Black badges
2012 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige, Moonlight Blue
2015 BMW X5 35d, Mineral White
Previous: 11 e82 1M, Several 911's & M3's
PunjabiM3 is online now   India
0
      03-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #62
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Tire Rack Sport Edition wheels pwns them all period.
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
      03-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #63
Islika153
Private
 
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

I am currently looking for Rims and have looked/interest into HRE- 795R, 360- MB 5ive, and even Asanti AF157 (customized).

I lean towards a simple 5 star look and want more of a certain look I like, rather then primary factor being performance.

Price has generally from a first inquery has been HRE>360>Asanti. General price estimate: HRE- $7,400 .360- $6,000 (custom finish price). Asanti- $4,800(custom). prices for 19" .

The HRE rims look really nice and the service from what everyone saying sounds good.
I kinda want 360 since they seem to have an excellent product but the stories hear make me reconsider.
Asanti AF157 rim is purely for visual appeal, but i kinda want a performance brand.
End result TORN.

If theirs a 360 sales rep. PM with price for 19" MB 5IVE -ALL Chrome finish (still want the visual ;p) 19"x9 (front) 19"x10 (rear). WA. state.

O..with an accurate delivery date please.
Islika153 is offline  
0
      03-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #64
MiamiKat
here kitty kitty...
 
MiamiKat's Avatar
 
Drives: E46
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 133
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islika153 View Post
I am currently looking for Rims and have looked/interest into HRE- 795R, 360- MB 5ive, and even Asanti AF157 (customized).

I lean towards a simple 5 star look and want more of a certain look I like, rather then primary factor being performance.

Price has generally from a first inquery has been HRE>360>Asanti. General price estimate: HRE- $7,400 .360- $6,000 (custom finish price). Asanti- $4,800(custom). prices for 19" .

The HRE rims look really nice and the service from what everyone saying sounds good.
I kinda want 360 since they seem to have an excellent product but the stories hear make me reconsider.
Asanti AF157 rim is purely for visual appeal, but i kinda want a performance brand.
End result TORN.

If theirs a 360 sales rep. PM with price for 19" MB 5IVE -ALL Chrome finish (still want the visual ;p) 19"x9 (front) 19"x10 (rear). WA. state.

O..with an accurate delivery date please.
I guess your reading comprehension is a bit off lol

Good luck
MiamiKat is offline   United_States
0
      03-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #65
Islika153
Private
 
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

I think I have A.D.D. ...O sorry what did you say again? Hey, if the price is right and people give up on their order slots....Im interested. Besides the 3 pages of BLAH BLAH.. it comes down to you either hate them because their slow and customer service blows or their RIMs are so nice its worth the wait. So, you can continue on repeating the same stuff. What stuff were you talking about again? (sorry A.D.D. kicked in)
Islika153 is offline  
0
      03-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #66
watrob
Major
 
watrob's Avatar
 
Drives: MY2013 X5M 50d - White
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane - Australia

Posts: 1,488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKat View Post
I guess your reading comprehension is a bit off lol

Good luck
Now that's the best one I have heard for quite awhile, top marks, you get this weeks birthday cake!
__________________

X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads
watrob is offline   Australia
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST