BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #89
timo
Private First Class
 
timo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
When faced with adversity, one's true colors come forward. I appreciate the company explanation of growing pains, which is always a good thing especially in this economy. But it does not address the lies (OK, that might be a little harsh, mistruths may be more appropriate) given to the OP when asked when the wheels will be ready.
When faced with a situation of demand outgrowing supply, the company had to make a decision on what the "company line" will be to disgruntled customers. They could have easily come clean and told the truth, or keep feeding mistruths..."It's on its way, yada, yada, yada.
It may have simply been bad judgment on the company's part, or it may be more indicative of the true character of the company. Don't know at this point. But I will give kudos to them for coming on here and facing the music, so to speak...


dont think they had much of a choice to come forward here , i got two calls from them maybe an hour of posting this thread , first time they have ever called me in three months .... They say the wheels are shipping on Monday , i guess ill take their word for it like i have for the past three months ....nuff said on this , im waiting to see if they keep their promise on Monday .
timo is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #90
timo
Private First Class
 
timo's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 AW M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (0)

well as i thought i dont believe my wheels were shipped out today , i tried to get in contact all day with someone there to find out since i was promised on friday after putting this thread up that my wheels are coming out to me on Monday , apparently no one was in today , or maybe didnt want to speak to me . So now ive asked for a refund as i have pretty much had enough of this . So i was told someone will call me tomorrow about the refund , just shows you how professional these people are .
timo is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #91
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
 
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 5,809
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
You gave them enough chances. Refund was the next logical step. IMO
__________________
2009 E90 M3
Crazy Bimmer is offline   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #92
shagkie
Captain
 
shagkie's Avatar
 
Drives: a....V8
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GTA, Canada

Posts: 628
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
There is a right way and wrong way to handle situations. That's all Im saying. If you are so unhappy then you have the right to get your money back. SIMPLE SOLUTION.
That's just plain dumb. The company took his money for couple of months, now you're telling him to just get his money back and walk away and pretend nothing happened. Company cannot just take people's money, make false promises and then wait for them to get pissed, refund them and make it look like nothing ever happened. People need to know if a company is not living up to it's promise.
shagkie is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #93
quackbury
Master of the Obvious
 
quackbury's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 35D and 535ix M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
When faced with adversity, one's true colors come forward. I appreciate the company explanation of growing pains, which is always a good thing especially in this economy.
Speaking about true colors....

Any good business owner understands that perception quickly becomes reality in a customer's mind (and thanks to the internet, that quickly becomes 10,000 potential customers' minds).

In this economy, growing pains often come with credit problems. It scares the bejesus out of me that this vendor "accidentally" charged the customer's credit card back in December for the final payment on wheels that haven't shipped yet. Where did the $$$ go? To meet payroll? Sounds awfully Madoff-esque to me!

If this company had any INTEGRITY, they would contact the OP and say "We are immediately refunding your payment, and won't charge your CC again till the wheels have shipped and youhave an email with a UPS tracking number in your in-box."

So glad I came across this thread. No matter how pretty the wheels may be, I know I will never, ever order anything from these folks.
__________________
Current:

2011 X5 35D Sport, DSB / Oyster
2011 535ix M Sport, TiAg / Black
quackbury is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #94
quackbury
Master of the Obvious
 
quackbury's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 35D and 535ix M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo View Post
well as i thought i dont believe my wheels were shipped out today , i tried to get in contact all day with someone there to find out since i was promised on friday after putting this thread up that my wheels are coming out to me on Monday , apparently no one was in today , or maybe didnt want to speak to me . So now ive asked for a refund as i have pretty much had enough of this . So i was told someone will call me tomorrow about the refund , just shows you how professional these people are .
So sorry to hear that. This whole thing smells. Don't know if it is a Ponzi scheme, a credit problem or just sheer poor business acumen, but I'd be worried you will never see your money or your wheels again. Send them a registered letter demanding a refund and contact your credit card company IMMEDIATELY before you find out they have gone Chapter 11.
__________________
Current:

2011 X5 35D Sport, DSB / Oyster
2011 535ix M Sport, TiAg / Black
quackbury is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #95
Vise
Captain
 
Vise's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 887
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
So glad I came across this thread. No matter how pretty the wheels may be, I know I will never, ever order anything from these folks.
__________________
Current: 2013 Mercedes C63 AMG Sedan Magnetite Black / designo Porcelain/Black Leather
RIP: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White / Fox Red Novillo Leather
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Vise is offline   Canada
0
      03-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #96
sinjinaz
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Arizona

Posts: 33
iTrader: (0)

timo thanks for posting.

You are getting a raw deal here with a few people that seem to question why you're complaining, and sharing the details, rather than asking for a refund immediately.

People, this is an M3 community website. On here I've learned about
  1. Breaking in my car
  2. Making sure my SA wrote down about not changing the gearbox oil
  3. That irritating groaning sound in my differential
  4. That I misread the manual on launch control
  5. That I'm not a douche for having one piece of M3 flair (From the movie Office Space, look it up)
  6. The M school was free for me and my wife
  7. That I'm the only guy who hates speed cloth on m3post.com

So with the above I now will also add to the list
8. I will not buy something from 360
Let's remember this a community site, and we're here to share, learn and bitch. Railing on someone who's telling us about a potential vendor we may use for our M3 is.. being a douche.
sinjinaz is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #97
tma1c
Lieutenant
 
tma1c's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: philly

Posts: 566
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to tma1c
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagkie View Post
That's just plain dumb. The company took his money for couple of months, now you're telling him to just get his money back and walk away and pretend nothing happened. Company cannot just take people's money, make false promises and then wait for them to get pissed, refund them and make it look like nothing ever happened. People need to know if a company is not living up to it's promise.
I totally understand if he wants his money back. I still would NOT post a thread unless they denied my refund! But thats just me. I doubt 360 is doing this on purpose. If he is unhappy get a refund. Hopefully he backs out so I can get a great deal them because I know they will eventually come.
tma1c is online now   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #98
quackbury
Master of the Obvious
 
quackbury's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 35D and 535ix M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
I totally understand if he wants his money back. I still would NOT post a thread unless they denied my refund! But thats just me. I doubt 360 is doing this on purpose. If he is unhappy get a refund. Hopefully he backs out so I can get a great deal them because I know they will eventually come.
Well I for one am glad he posted. Being new to the M3 community, it is great to get feedback - pro and con - on the various vendors out there.

And regardless of the cause, the OP has lost the use of his $$$ for 3 months now. For all we know, he is one of the tens of millions of Americans who have credit card debt. So if the vendor charged him $5,000 3 months ago, and the interest rate on his VISA is 20%, he's out $250 of finance charges for wheels that have not been shipped.

That is just plain wrong. And for the vendor to come on the thread and say, in essence, "we're not going to listen to this nonsense, we've got our shyte together, blah, blah, blah, we won't be posting agian"... well, that's just stupid.

EDIT: Mental lapse. I forgot the OP is a Canadian, so my second paragraph shoulhd have said 'he is one of the tens of thousands of Canadians who have credit card debt", which I'm guessing they do, eh? But you get my point.
__________________
Current:

2011 X5 35D Sport, DSB / Oyster
2011 535ix M Sport, TiAg / Black

Last edited by quackbury; 03-16-2009 at 10:06 PM.
quackbury is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #99
tma1c
Lieutenant
 
tma1c's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: philly

Posts: 566
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to tma1c
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Well I for one am glad he posted. Being new to the M3 community, it is great to get feedback - pro and con - on the various vendors out there.

And regardless of the cause, the OP has lost the use of his $$$ for 3 months now. For all we know, he is one of the tens of millions of Americans who have credit card debt. So if the vendor charged him $5,000 3 months ago, and the interest rate on his VISA is 20%, he's out $250 of finance charges for wheels that have not been shipped.

That is just plain wrong. And for the vendor to come on the thread and say, in essence, "we're not going to listen to this nonsense, we've got our shyte together, blah, blah, blah, we won't be posting agian"... well, that's just stupid.
interesting point.

On a side note...So you want a post from every person who had to wait for a product for a few months? Im pretty sure that every company had shipping issues one time or another. His first post was jumping the gun IMO, but it turned out to be valid in some degree later on. I think 360 needs to work on their customer service issues so it didnt get to this point.
tma1c is online now   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #100
quackbury
Master of the Obvious
 
quackbury's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 35D and 535ix M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
interesting point.

On a side note...So you want a post from every person who had to wait for a product for a few months? Im pretty sure that every company had shipping issues one time or another. His first post was jumping the gun IMO, but it turned out to be valid in some degree. I think they need to work on their customer service issues so it didnt get to this point.
I have zero issue with a company that takes a DEPOSIT and runs into shipping problems.

I have a big issue with charging his credit card for the BALANCE on an order that has not shipped, and then lying to the customer repeatedly about the status.

And yeah, if there are other Board members with similar experiences - whether from this vendor or another - I'd find it helpful to know about them. Caveat Emptor as they say.
__________________
Current:

2011 X5 35D Sport, DSB / Oyster
2011 535ix M Sport, TiAg / Black
quackbury is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #101
AMJ_77
Captain
 
AMJ_77's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 667
iTrader: (2)

360 forged Really lame excuse too, we run a multi-million dollar business and I just can't imagine if that was the response we gave our customers! Haha. We get customers who leave businesses like these. Customer service is an integral part to any business, I would expect better but maybe not, the owner doesn't even have time to gas up his GT3 how can he get you your rims?
AMJ_77 is offline   Canada
0
      03-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #102
tma1c
Lieutenant
 
tma1c's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: philly

Posts: 566
iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to tma1c
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
I have zero issue with a company that takes a DEPOSIT and runs into shipping problems.

I have a big issue with charging his credit card for the BALANCE on an order that has not shipped, and then lying to the customer repeatedly about the status.

And yeah, if there are other Board members with similar experiences - whether from this vendor or another - I'd find it helpful to know about them. Caveat Emptor as they say.
"Let the buyer beware." love google
tma1c is online now   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #103
Purple88Gold
Holding Out
 
Purple88Gold's Avatar
 
Drives: 88 Honda Civic DX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 233
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo View Post
Hey guys , well im pretty new here , from Toronto , got my 08 M3 in Novemeber , so i went ahead and purchased a set of 360 forged wheels , thinking i would have them before the weather gets nicer here ,like now , its been just over 3months ive ordered my wheels paid for in full in December ,and havent even been given a delivery date or anything yet , everytime i call , my wheels wil be delivered next week , ive been hearing this for the past month now , so i decided to speak to the guy who handles the production of the wheels and ships them , so he guaranteed me my wheels would be shipped today , havent heard anything from anyone there , tried calling a few times , The guy isnt in today , how convenient .I am really pissed off by this now , its really not fair , i wish they would just be straight with me and tell me ok we have so much volume your wheels were backordered , i would have been fine if i was told this , but everytime i spoke to someone there i was tol d , yes everything is good to go , Im getting to a point where i will be taking legal action against them . Anyways i just thought i would let you guys know about this , hopefully someone from 360 reads this . So maybe i can get my wheels sometime soon .
Too many pages to go thru, I'm just wondering what happened to this issue.

Did the OP cancel his order? Did he already receive his wheels?

360 Forged, FAIL
__________________
E92 AW/FR Ext 6MT/ZCP/ZPP/ZTP
"The M3 M DCT simply does everything well except tow a hot-dog stand. It may even be the second-best car in the world after the M3 manual. "
Purple88Gold is offline   No_Country
0
      03-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #104
RRGOO7
Colonel
 
RRGOO7's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL

Posts: 2,443
iTrader: (13)

Issue a chargeback on your card sooner than later
RRGOO7 is offline  
0
      03-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #105
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,788
iTrader: (0)

Cancel the charges and get different wheels, that is way too much trouble for a set of wheels. In my opinion, there are better looking wheels out there any way.
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #106
itz16v
Lieutenant
 
itz16v's Avatar
 
Drives: 997 Turbo///E63 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Socal/Ko'Olina

Posts: 479
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to itz16v
If anyone still planning to buy from 360 forged buyers beware, unless you are willing to wait 5 months for your new set of rims. I was also a victim, now I own a set of BBS LM.
itz16v is offline   United_States
0
      03-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #107
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

360 forged has been well known for taking a looong time to deliver their wheels, yet people still order them, and then make issue with the wait? I don't get it? From what I read on this forum, it takes 3-6 months for them to deliver wheels. So if I were not willing to wait that long, I wouldn't order from them. Simple as that.
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
      03-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #108
gemini330zhp
Major
 
gemini330zhp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BergenCo NewJersey

Posts: 1,181
iTrader: (0)

Get your refund and save your money. Who needs 4 anchors on their car anyways. Its not like a M3 is a ESCALADE....
__________________
2008 Jet Black E90 M3 6SPD no sunroof and 18s to my specs


gemini330zhp is offline   Philippines
0
      03-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #109
watrob
Major
 
watrob's Avatar
 
Drives: MY2013 X5M 50d - White
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brisbane - Australia

Posts: 1,488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
Issue a chargeback on your card sooner than later
Is it a fact that any charges on your credit card that are over 3 months old you cannot ask the credit card company to credit back the funds for non receipt of goods?

I thought there was a time limit and you had to apply for the refund within that time frame?
__________________

X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads
watrob is offline   Australia
0
      03-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #110
volinder
Lieutenant
 
Drives: bmw wannabe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: calgary

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

CorForged FTW!!!

360Forged FTL!!!
__________________
2008 E93 M3 6MT, White/Bamboo SOLD!!!
2011 F10 550i Sold
2012 750Li Sold
2013 M5 6 speed
volinder is offline   Canada
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST