BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
 
GTB Performance
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
111

 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico


Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Mod Nomination

Can 1addicts nominate at least 1 mod to over-see our boards? Most of our threads are either dreadfully off-topic or being trolled by sketchy members.
We need, at the very least, 1 mod dedicated to keeping our board in order.
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Monaco35Dream
Captain
United_States
22

 
Monaco35Dream's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Maria, CA


Posts: 647
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
Can 1addicts nominate at least 1 mod to over-see our boards? Most of our threads are either dreadfully off-topic or being trolled by sketchy members.
We need, at the very least, 1 mod dedicated to keeping our board in order.
serioulsy. ive been telling my gf that this site is deteriorating daily...there are threads with 4 different topics in them, the same questions being asked over and over again, and trolls to no end...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
achtungE30
I can has my 135i!
Philippines
105

 
achtungE30's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135, '08 X3, '87 e30s52
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ


Posts: 3,060
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135is  [4.75]
2010 Cooper S  [5.00]
1991 318is  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to achtungE30
I nominate Izzodesh - gets along with a good majority of the people on here and is an all-around pleasant person to deal with...also does a great job planning the 1er tri-state gtgs
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
Canada
123

 
Dave's Avatar
 
Drives: Jag 07' XK Vert (BRG)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: To


Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.40]
achtungE30- He knows bmw pricing.. got one of the best deals to date on his ED 135i.
Lots of experience with bmw's from working on them (his e30) to exploring the mods on them (with his 135)

He is also my right hand man in tristate and can always be counted on at meets for food and good pics from his awesome camera. Sometimes a bit opinionated...he will keep the massive influx of newer 1addicts in line.


edit: wow weird timing.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
AtomiK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2009 AW 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Broomfield, CO


Posts: 227
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
Can 1addicts nominate at least 1 mod to over-see our boards? Most of our threads are either dreadfully off-topic or being trolled by sketchy members.
We need, at the very least, 1 mod dedicated to keeping our board in order.
For sure, there have been a lot of threads about street racing lately.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Monaco35Dream
Captain
United_States
22

 
Monaco35Dream's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Maria, CA


Posts: 647
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
I nominate Izzodesh - gets along with a good majority of the people on here and is an all-around pleasant person to deal with...also does a great job planning the 1er tri-state gtgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post
achtungE30- He knows bmw pricing.. got one of the best deals to date on his ED 135i.
Lots of experience with bmw's from working on them (his e30) to exploring the mods on them (with his 135)

He is also my right hand man in tristate and can always be counted on at meets for food and good pics from his awesome camera. Sometimes a bit opinionated...he will keep the massive influx of newer 1addicts in line.


edit: wow weird timing.
now that is weird....LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
68

 
Citizen Z's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kansas


Posts: 1,310
iTrader: (1)

+1 I'm not here to nominate anybody but 1Addicts does need a mod. Shit's gone down hill since the original 1Addict mods stepped down and I need somebody to keep me in line...
__________________
Alpine White with Taupe Leather 135i, Sports Package, Heated Seats, Comfort Access, iPod Adapter

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Heinzftw
Major
121

 
Heinzftw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali


Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (0)

I would love to try and become a moderator. I am on this site around 5-10 times daily. I nominate Guardianangel also!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
53

 
BlackjackMulligan's Avatar
 
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boston 'burbs


Posts: 2,224
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Yes, we need a mod. I miss not being able to say "stealership" ...
__________________
I can't complain, but sometimes I still do........Life's been good to me so far.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
MrRoboto
Colonel
Canada
113

 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada


Posts: 2,711
iTrader: (0)

I volunteer.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
111

 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico


Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

i dont know how often Robert visits the forums, but he was always one of the most level headed. he's got my vote

im down to volunteer though
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
1speedbike
Colonel
144

 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore


Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

i agree to all of the previous mod nominations. i also think atr_hugo, jeremyc, and Tom K would make good picks. everyone mentioned is awesome, we DO need a mod, and we need one sooner rather than later, so i don't care who gets it as long as they're level headed. but i think someone who has been on here forever like MrRoboto and atr_hugo would on the average be more committed to the responsibilities.
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #13
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
111

 
guardianangel3290's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico


Posts: 988
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
i agree to all of the previous mod nominations. i also think atr_hugo, jeremyc, and Tom K would make good picks. everyone mentioned is awesome, we DO need a mod, and we need one sooner rather than later, so i don't care who gets it as long as they're level headed. but i think someone who has been on here forever like MrRoboto and atr_hugo would on the average be more committed to the responsibilities.
atr_hugo was a mod on the old 1addicts. i doubt they'll offer him his role back, or if he'd even want it back for that matter.
__________________

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
72

 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN


Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

I agree it wouldn't hurt to have a little more oversight in the 1addicts section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
i agree to all of the previous mod nominations. i also think atr_hugo, jeremyc, and Tom K would make good picks. .

Is there another jeremyc on the site? If not, let me just take my name off the list right now. I'm not mod material at all.

What's that? I'm wrong and you've proven it beyond all doubt? Banned for life!

On second thought, this could be fun!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
6

 
Drives: Evo
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA


Posts: 465
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
i agree to all of the previous mod nominations. i also think atr_hugo, jeremyc, and Tom K would make good picks. everyone mentioned is awesome, we DO need a mod, and we need one sooner rather than later, so i don't care who gets it as long as they're level headed. but i think someone who has been on here forever like MrRoboto and atr_hugo would on the average be more committed to the responsibilities.
The old mods were pretty good, it's a shame they aren't around.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #16
wuNasty
Captain
Taiwan
14

 
Drives: 08 jet black 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nor Cal


Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

I love how they said that nothing would change post merger, all the mods would stay and that if things weren't looking right, they would unmerge...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
dbtheo
1addicts CA
53

 
dbtheo's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ohio


Posts: 1,236
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2000 323i  [0.00]
I agree that there are constantly repetitive questions/ threads, often times started by the same OP... It's especially odd when there are already stickied threads designed to answer many of these questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #18
Monaco35Dream
Captain
United_States
22

 
Monaco35Dream's Avatar
 
Drives: 08' 135i, 96' Talon Tsi AWD
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Maria, CA


Posts: 647
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
I agree that there are constantly repetitive questions/ threads, often times started by the same OP... It's especially odd when there are already stickied threads designed to answer many of these questions.
You can sticky all you want, but if these people dont take the time read through the plethora of info that is 1addicts.com(/forums now) before they , it is just a waste of time...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #19
Pirate
Banned
Seychelles
9

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Treasure Coast


Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

MUTINY!!! I'm not level headed but I can swing a cutlass!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
1speedbike
Colonel
144

 
1speedbike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ, NYC, Baltimore


Posts: 2,934
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
atr_hugo was a mod on the old 1addicts. i doubt they'll offer him his role back, or if he'd even want it back for that matter.
Didn't know that. I think I joined afterwards or wasn't very active and just didn't notice. Oops. I do notice he was on here since months before the 1 came out, and he's knowledgeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I agree it wouldn't hurt to have a little more oversight in the 1addicts section.




Is there another jeremyc on the site? If not, let me just take my name off the list right now. I'm not mod material at all.

What's that? I'm wrong and you've proven it beyond all doubt? Banned for life!

On second thought, this could be fun!
You're very knowledgeable in my opinion, and i don't think I've witnessed you do or say anything inappropriate. You also have short and to-the-point answers most of the time, and that just exudes sternness haha. aaand you have several thousand posts
__________________

Year 1 of the 1
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #21
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
58

 
xbook's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA


Posts: 1,538
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
MUTINY!!! I'm not level headed but I can swing a cutlass!!!
GARRRRRRR!!!!!!!

__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #22
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
72

 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN


Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
You're very knowledgeable in my opinion, and i don't think I've witnessed you do or say anything inappropriate. You also have short and to-the-point answers most of the time, and that just exudes sternness haha. aaand you have several thousand posts

Thank you for the kind words sir.

Stick around long enough and I'm sure you'll regret them.

The fact that I have several thousand posts makes it all the more likely that I'll be fired from my job, and then have my car repossesed. (I've been a member for close to a year now though, so I guess the post count isn't too bad)
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST