BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Powerchip Stage II Software Update

Just got back from checking progress on my car.

Impressed with the gains so far. Lots of pulls being done and the numbers are slowly but steadily improving. The numbers are SAE of course

I made sure to have the new DCT update before they started to work on it. A few parameters changed so this latest tune will be the most accurate and up to date for DCT guys as well as providing a boost for those with a manual.

I requested a raised rev limiter to at least 8500 due to the issue hitting the limiter when using launch control on the first to second shift. I believe this hurts the potential of the DCT in conjunction with launch control. The car seems to be limiting to 8300 RPM however. They are working on adjusting it as parameters changed with the update and in regard to the ECU controls vs. how they approached it vs. an E60 M5 for example.

With this latest tune, I believe this will be the most powerful tune available for E92 M3's especially for those on 91 octane. I'm sure you guys know by now I am pretty adamant about performance goals with the car and will accept nothing less than the maximum, safe performance possible on pump gas.

I would like to post numbers at this stage in the process so far but there are a number of people who are hungry for any shred to criticize, so I won't do it. I will wait until the tuning is completed and there are a few other things being done to the car over the next few weeks. I am confident this tune with the supporting mods will be the most powerful aftermarket combination available for us and from what I have seen so far, the numbers are going to be impress when the tuning is completed.

Anyway, just wanted to update.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Krueger///M3
Major
 
Krueger///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pearl District, OR

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Sounds great, I'm interested to see what your times will be now.
Krueger///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
503Alex
Captain
 
503Alex's Avatar
 
Drives: S30
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OR

Posts: 610
iTrader: (0)

Awesome, mid 11s?
__________________
503Alex is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503Alex View Post
Awesome, mid 11s?
Well, pretty optimistic on 91 octane.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503Alex View Post
Awesome, mid 11s?
Lol I wish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Just got back from checking progress on my car.

Impressed with the gains so far. Lots of pulls being done and the numbers are slowly but steadily improving. The numbers are SAE of course

I made sure to have the new DCT update before they started to work on it. A few parameters changed so this latest tune will be the most accurate and up to date for DCT guys as well as providing a boost for those with a manual.

I requested a raised rev limiter to at least 8500 due to the issue hitting the limiter when using launch control on the first to second shift. I believe this hurts the potential of the DCT in conjunction with launch control. The car seems to be limiting to 8300 RPM however. They are working on adjusting it as parameters changed with the update and in regard to the ECU controls vs. how they approached it vs. an E60 M5 for example.

With this latest tune, I believe this will be the most powerful tune available for E92 M3's especially for those on 91 octane. I'm sure you guys know by now I am pretty adamant about performance goals with the car and will accept nothing less than the maximum, safe performance possible on pump gas.

I would like to post numbers at this stage in the process so far but there are a number of people who are hungry for any shred to criticize, so I won't do it. I will wait until the tuning is completed and there are a few other things being done to the car over the next few weeks. I am confident this tune with the supporting mods will be the most powerful aftermarket combination available for us and from what I have seen so far, the numbers are going to be impress when the tuning is completed.

Anyway, just wanted to update.
Thats awesome can't wait till they're done.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #6
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

any idea when you'll be posting #'s?
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #7
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
any idea when you'll be posting #'s?
Yep, when they finish and the other parts are on.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
 
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 2,789
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Yep, when they finish and the other parts are on.
gthirtyfizle is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #9
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
 
tightie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

Posts: 5,702
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
wanna race before you get the rpi exhaust?

the only way i can win
__________________
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround | Gintani Downpipes | H&R Super Sport Springs | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit + Spacers | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: October 17 @ Willow Springs Raceway
tightie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #10
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
wanna race before you get the rpi exhaust?

the only way i can win
Can't wait until I get that exhaust! I think we will be able to work out a custom tune for the exhaust as well, which I would be happy to share with you

Guess I'll pay Eloy a visit, hope he gets more in stock soon
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #11
mixja
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beverly Hils, CA

Posts: 783
iTrader: (1)

So are you a test mule for a new version of the software?

Is it a Stage 2 version (i.e. will make more power, requires supporting mods) or a new version that improves from their previous software?
mixja is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:34 AM   #12
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
So are you a test mule for a new version of the software?

Is it a Stage 2 version (i.e. will make more power, requires supporting mods) or a new version that improves from their previous software?
I'm a test mule for every version of the software

This is a Stage II version, with raised rev limiter and slightly more aggressive than the standard software.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #13
mixja
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beverly Hils, CA

Posts: 783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I'm a test mule for every version of the software

This is a Stage II version, with raised rev limiter and slightly more aggressive than the standard software.
Nice - I'm looking at this software as down here in New Zealand they are really my only option, as they will send me the reflashing software and cable...
mixja is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
Nice - I'm looking at this software as down here in New Zealand they are really my only option, as they will send me the reflashing software and cable...
Exactly, and the guys are cool as hell and stand by their products. Just real enthusiasts, who know what they are doing. Not to mention updates are free as you own the software for life, they don't leave you out to dry.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #15
mixja
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 DCT Silverstone
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Beverly Hils, CA

Posts: 783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Exactly, and the guys are cool as hell and stand by their products. Just real enthusiasts, who know what they are doing. Not to mention updates are free as you own the software for life, they don't leave you out to dry.
I'm assuming you are dealing with a US office? Any good contacts there?
mixja is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #16
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja View Post
I'm assuming you are dealing with a US office? Any good contacts there?
Yes, I go through evosport.com . Talk to Brad@evosport if you want, tell them I sent you, they will take good care of you and get you the latest software no matter where you are.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #17
Jonmartin
Banned
 
Jonmartin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angles (818)

Posts: 2,103
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Jonmartin
Alex at Gintani will have the programming cables and be able to flash cars at his shop in Van Nuys,CA Also he can Dyno before and after on his Dyno Dynamics. Pretty good for us Valley people.
Jonmartin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Yep, when they finish and the other parts are on.
you have a time frame?
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiokenM3 View Post
you have a time frame?
Yep, next couple weeks I would hope.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Yep, next couple weeks I would hope.

cool cant wait for the results
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #21
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

I'm very interested in powerchip since they're local. I don't want to remove my DME and I want somewhere close by that I can go to if the dealer reprograms the DME during service.

I'd love to see some dyno #s from their tunes.
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
Sticky
Banned
 
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Anaheim Hills / Malibu

Posts: 2,244
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I'm very interested in powerchip since they're local. I don't want to remove my DME and I want somewhere close by that I can go to if the dealer reprograms the DME during service.

I'd love to see some dyno #s from their tunes.
Just contact evosport.com and they will give you the graphs.

369 wheel, software alone.
Sticky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST