BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
bimmergoat
Private First Class
10
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: charlotte

iTrader: (0)

How many custom maps on AA Software

Per Active's website they have a map for 91/93 octane, no cat race map, & race fuel map. My question is how many can you have at one time? How do you select between them? Or, can you only pick one and send it back every time you upgrade?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
74
Rep
1,783
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergoat View Post
Per Active's website they have a map for 91/93 octane, no cat race map, & race fuel map. My question is how many can you have at one time? How do you select between them? Or, can you only pick one and send it back every time you upgrade?
It is not possible for you to switch between maps. For an NA car the only reason to send the ECU back would be for a no cat race map. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
M3 Montreal
Colonel
30
Rep
2,188
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
It is not possible for you to switch between maps. For an NA car the only reason to send the ECU back would be for a no cat race map. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Thanks.
HI Omar,

Out of curiosity whats the difference in hp and tq with your X-pipe (catless) and the no cat race pipe as opposed to the x-pipe with cat and ecu to match?

Ive already ordered and am waiting for your exhaust and pulley and am scheduled for the AA ECU in april in Toronto. Im debating on gettting the catless x-pipe in the meantime and thats why Im inquiring.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
10
Rep
489
Posts

 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

iTrader: (0)

I have a question. PencilGeek showed somewhere around 30rwhp gain with the use of 100 octane. I plan on using 100 octane this summer and have the AA software. Obviously the stock computer without the software was able to perceive the change in octane and was able to produce more possible, will this also happen with the AA software???
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
74
Rep
1,783
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
HI Omar,

Out of curiosity whats the difference in hp and tq with your X-pipe (catless) and the no cat race pipe as opposed to the x-pipe with cat and ecu to match?

Ive already ordered and am waiting for your exhaust and pulley and am scheduled for the AA ECU in april in Toronto. Im debating on gettting the catless x-pipe in the meantime and thats why Im inquiring.
The difference is roughly 5 HP and 5 Ft lbs of torque across the board. As far as the sound is concerned I have ran both options on my car and the sound is basically identical....

Good to hear you have the parts on order... I am confident you will be pleased with the performance gains of our X pipe as well as the sound. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
74
Rep
1,783
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownM3 View Post
I have a question. PencilGeek showed somewhere around 30rwhp gain with the use of 100 octane. I plan on using 100 octane this summer and have the AA software. Obviously the stock computer without the software was able to perceive the change in octane and was able to produce more possible, will this also happen with the AA software???
Yes with our software you will still notice gains with 100/103 unleaded octane. We would recommend mixing it with a little 93 unless you are going to the track....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST