BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Z22Z's Avatar
Armenia
5
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

iTrader: (0)

What cars are cheap to insure?

my 16 year old cousin is going to be getting her first car soon and she is looking for something that's cheap to insure and preferably new. so far she is thinking about an IS250, Altima, or a base 328. Any ideas on how much insurance should go for these cars or any suggestions for other cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Jammin Jason's Avatar
Ras al-Khaimah
15
Rep
352
Posts

 
Drives: Slow E90
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
considering your cousin is 16 and first time driver, insurance for the is250 and the e90 will range around $220 - $260 i believe. depends on your insurance company. MY opinion is let your cousin drive a beater for a year and then get the IS or E90. so atleast she has a good solid year of driving experience. cus you cant just give a powerful car to a new driver with the only experience she had was driving with a parent. imagine her alone or with friends in an E90 or IS. and you have to consider peer pressure. IF shes driving a ballin car, her friends wanna drive it. TRUST. idk i gave you my honest opinion
__________________
HATERS GONNA HATE
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Jammin Jason's Avatar
Ras al-Khaimah
15
Rep
352
Posts

 
Drives: Slow E90
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
but super cheap to ensure are integras and civics (not type R) and toyotas
__________________
HATERS GONNA HATE
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
Heinzftw
Major
Heinzftw's Avatar
41
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali

iTrader: (0)

Whats the price range? Is he a supposed "car entheusiast?" I would pick a 2nd hand 350Z or IS350. Can he drive a stick?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Z22Z's Avatar
Armenia
5
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
considering your cousin is 16 and first time driver, insurance for the is250 and the e90 will range around $220 - $260 i believe. depends on your insurance company. MY opinion is let your cousin drive a beater for a year and then get the IS or E90. so atleast she has a good solid year of driving experience. cus you cant just give a powerful car to a new driver with the only experience she had was driving with a parent. imagine her alone or with friends in an E90 or IS. and you have to consider peer pressure. IF shes driving a ballin car, her friends wanna drive it. TRUST. idk i gave you my honest opinion
yea man having friends in a kick ass car does encourage stupidity. im going to recommend her to get a camry or an accord. those look good, are safe, and will be cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Jammin Jason's Avatar
Ras al-Khaimah
15
Rep
352
Posts

 
Drives: Slow E90
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22Z View Post
yea man having friends in a kick ass car does encourage stupidity. im going to recommend her to get a camry or an accord. those look good, are safe, and will be cheap.

yea will i test drove a camry and that shii was scary. its not like driving an E9X where you have that stiff steering wheel where you feel safe and planted. The camry felt so loose that it felt weird driving it. i didnt not feel planted at ALL.
__________________
HATERS GONNA HATE
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Z22Z's Avatar
Armenia
5
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Whats the price range? Is he a supposed "car entheusiast?" I would pick a 2nd hand 350Z or IS350. Can he drive a stick?
it's a she and no cant drive stick. preferably around 200 bucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Z22Z's Avatar
Armenia
5
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
yea will i test drove a camry and that shii was scary. its not like driving an E9X where you have that stiff steering wheel where you feel safe and planted. The camry felt so loose that it felt weird driving it. i didnt not feel planted at ALL.
lol camrys arent mean't to be driven like bmws. i think it would be good for her since having a car like that would discourage speeding and crazy maneuvers.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22Z View Post
yea man having friends in a kick ass car does encourage stupidity.
lol, I can attest to that.

Passenger: "So how fast does this thing go?"
Me: <thinking> Oh I'll SHOW you!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
254
Posts

 
Drives: 08 TL Type-S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

The insurance for the E90 is just about the same as a honda civic coupe. I had the civic stolen and bought an E90, with the same coverage the rate almost did not change.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Jammin Jason's Avatar
Ras al-Khaimah
15
Rep
352
Posts

 
Drives: Slow E90
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
you have to keep in mind this is a girl and shes a first time driver.
first time drivers insurance are WAYYYYYYYY UP THERE
__________________
HATERS GONNA HATE
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Z22Z's Avatar
Armenia
5
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
An Armenian chick wanting a Lexus or BMW? I'm shocked.

Seriously, the Altima will be cheap to insure, as will other beater cars like Camries, Corrolas, Civics, Accords, etc.
lol yea man she is really playing into the stereotype.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST