BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #23
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
331

 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina


Posts: 28,645
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
It's more of a mockumetary.....

Christianity is a faith
Islam is a faith
Hinduism is a faith
hell, even Scientology is a faith (all hail Xenu)
guess what atheism is, a faith....

If you want to "believe" (or have faith if you will) that we are here by complete accident from a giant explosion caused by 2 atoms crashing together that were traveling the speed of light, that were created by super strings that vibrated them into existence, by all means, please do so.

To me, I think God is a more logical explanation...
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” -Psalm 14:1

A theory is a NON-PROVEN Concept.... So if you put your faith into a theory that there is no God, your religion is Atheism.

Remember though, a few years back we all knew the world was flat.... That was proven wrong. The Hadron Collider, when they finally get it working, may prove the big bang theory completely incorrect, though it may not...
you believe that "god" is a logical explanation? well then hey i guess....

sorry i thought fiction meant "make believe'

i guess the tooth fairy is real too.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #24
ChrisFastM3
Captain
50

 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

You believe in super strings, I believe in God.... What's your deal? I can poke just as many holes in your belief then you can in mine. At the end of the day, it comes down to faith.

with 23k+ posts, it's obvious your religion is online forum troll.....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #25
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
You believe in super strings, I believe in God.... What's your deal? I can poke just as many holes in your belief then you can in mine. At the end of the day, it comes down to faith.

with 23k+ posts, it's obvious your religion is online forum troll.....
You must believe in Santa as well
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #26
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
Armenia
51

 
AcMilan714's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HB So Cali


Posts: 357
iTrader: (0)

I myself believe in GOD. And anyone here who says they dont believe in a higher power i'd like to ask a question.

When a family member is sick, when you really want something to happen in your life, or you want the world to come back to normal again. If you have ever prayed to any higher power for this to happen then you yourself believe in something.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #27
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan714 View Post
I myself believe in GOD. And anyone here who says they dont believe in a higher power i'd like to ask a question.

When a family member is sick, when you really want something to happen in your life, or you want the world to come back to normal again. If you have ever prayed to any higher power for this to happen then you yourself believe in something.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
331

 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina


Posts: 28,645
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
You believe in super strings, I believe in God.... What's your deal? I can poke just as many holes in your belief then you can in mine. At the end of the day, it comes down to faith.

with 23k+ posts, it's obvious your religion is online forum troll.....
i have no belief.... in anything....

i am a man without belief ...and happy as a clam too

i dont see what my post count has to do with anything...


if you cant accept the fact that the idea of "god" is absurd well then i have some beach front property in the desert id like to sell you.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
331

 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina


Posts: 28,645
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan714 View Post
I myself believe in GOD. And anyone here who says they dont believe in a higher power i'd like to ask a question.

When a family member is sick, when you really want something to happen in your life, or you want the world to come back to normal again. If you have ever prayed to any higher power for this to happen then you yourself believe in something.

when a family member is sick...i take to a trained doctor, not to church

when i want something...i work my ass off for it.

the only way the "world' is going go back to normal is if religion didnt exist and we elected leaders who know what the hell they are doing .

if religion is soo great... why do people cause atrocities in the name of god?
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #30
danniexi
Colonel
South Korea
46

 
danniexi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW E92 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ


Posts: 2,085
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
You believe in super strings, I believe in God.... What's your deal? I can poke just as many holes in your belief then you can in mine. At the end of the day, it comes down to faith.
I know this post wasn't directed towards me, but...

It's fine that you believe in your faith, but using it to explain physical phenomena is downright silly. It contains no TANGIBLE evidence in a time that's FAR different from the world we live in today.

Use religion for philosophy, morality, culture, ethics... use it as a world view. Do NOT use it as a substitute for science or as a "logical explanation." Science and religion should not be even discussed in the same topic. Belief and fact are two totally different things.

And by the way, please read the definition of "scientific theory" that I had posted earlier:

[A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.]

A theory is non-proven? Not really. Sure, there is more evidence to be found, but it is based upon facts and the phenomna itself is fact. Your faith? Your belief? Hardly based off of anything at all. They are simply ideas. Don't get those two things mixed up please.

Religion and Science can coexist so long as people are actually willing to differentiate them and use them correctly in their appropriate context.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #31
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
Armenia
51

 
AcMilan714's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HB So Cali


Posts: 357
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
when a family member is sick...i take to a trained doctor, not to church

when i want something...i work my ass off for it.

the only way the "world' is going go back to normal is if religion didnt exist and we elected leaders who know what the hell they are doing .

if religion is soo great... why do people cause atrocities in the name of god?

That was not my question. Fine we will go with your answer. You take someone you love very much to the hospital (the greatest hospital on the planet). If the Dr. comes back and tells you the person has a 30% chance to live, when you wait for the surgery to be over would you pray to a higher power for that persons well being?

And me being religous doesnt make me stupid. I dont buy a 4cyl Civic and race a ferrari ( but i pray to God that i win before the race starts)

P.S Please dont think im trying to say you are less of a person because u dont believe. Just wanted to know.

P.P.S Im not a fan of money making churches myself. Greed gets the better of most people. So humble church with min. donations to survive becomes 800-Donate and makes people rich. Simple faith is the best way to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #32
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
You can pray to a higher power all you want, it will not affect the outcome of anything.

I would rather just live in reality, and the truth is that we are all on our own with no deity out there to save us.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #33
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
331

 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina


Posts: 28,645
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
You can pray to a higher power all you want, it will not affect the outcome of anything.

I would rather just live in reality, and the truth is that we are all on our own with no deity out there to save us.
couldnt agree with you more
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #34
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
Armenia
51

 
AcMilan714's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: HB So Cali


Posts: 357
iTrader: (0)

So is that a NO you would not pray to a higher power?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan714 View Post
So is that a NO you would not pray to a higher power?
I don't live in a make believe world, so NO I don't and wouldn’t pray to a higher power.

When my son was born he was very ill, and thanks to some wonderful doctors he got better. "God" had no hand in this at all.

There was a time that I believed in a higher power, but then I grew up.

I simply believe in living life the right way and raising my children to do the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
51

 
johnnymu's Avatar
 
Drives: Nike shoe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cincinnati, OH


Posts: 1,015
iTrader: (4)

Being religious is not just about believing a super natural being, it's also a teaching of being a better human being. You mention as long as you do right and teach the rules to your children is what you care for, well people use the same fundamentals thinking the same philosophy as you using their own "bible". No one is judging how you bring up your kids so why judge others? Honestly, tell me what you gain for not believing in God and belittling others that do? Do you have a little sense of satisfaction that youre superior and not brainwashed? I myself never said I believed in anything but I still respect other's beliefs.
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ Midwest Member
08 335i Jet Black | too much to name....

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #37
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
77

 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole


Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Being religious is not just about believing a super natural being, it's also a teaching of being a better human being. You mention as long as you do right and teach the rules to your children is what you care for, well people use the same fundamentals thinking the same philosophy as you using their own "bible". No one is judging how you bring up your kids so why judge others? Honestly, tell me what you gain for not believing in God and belittling others that do? Do you have a little sense of satisfaction that youre superior and not brainwashed? I myself never said I believed in anything but I still respect other's beliefs.
Assuming I believe in an invisible dragon that has the power to kill everyone in this world but as long as you say you love him, he will not kill you.

I then promote this idea to the whole world; and soon, you find out your children believe in my belief too...

Will you respect my belief and let me "enlighten" your children?

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #38
lvwirelessguy
Captain
United_States
24

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702


Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Assuming I believe in an invisible dragon that has the power to kill everyone in this world but as long as you say you love him, he will not kill you.

I then promote this idea to the whole world; and soon, you find out your children believe in my belief too...

Will you respect my belief and let me "enlighten" your children?


Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 06:15 AM   #39
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
51

 
johnnymu's Avatar
 
Drives: Nike shoe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cincinnati, OH


Posts: 1,015
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Assuming I believe in an invisible dragon that has the power to kill everyone in this world but as long as you say you love him, he will not kill you.

I then promote this idea to the whole world; and soon, you find out your children believe in my belief too...

Will you respect my belief and let me "enlighten" your children?

like I said I won't judge how you raise your kid cause to be honest I have no right saying my way is right. Laws are made in every country to control order does it always mean it's right?
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ Midwest Member
08 335i Jet Black | too much to name....

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #40
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
77

 
ChineseGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole


Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
like I said I won't judge how you raise your kid cause to be honest I have no right saying my way is right. Laws are made in every country to control order does it always mean it's right?
The main point is, do you want someone like me, or at least the "me" that I described above, to teach YOUR CHILD about the dangerous dragon.

Athesists will not give a fuck if religious people keep their beliefs to theirselves, but when it starts to affect the educational system and normal people's regular lives, it gets a little too out of hand...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #41
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
51

 
johnnymu's Avatar
 
Drives: Nike shoe
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cincinnati, OH


Posts: 1,015
iTrader: (4)

I agree religious has it's own time and place, sometimes it gets out of order
__________________
EUROPROJEKTZ Midwest Member
08 335i Jet Black | too much to name....

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
ChrisFastM3
Captain
50

 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
i have no belief.... in anything....

i am a man without belief ...and happy as a clam too

if you cant accept the fact that the idea of "god" is absurd well then i have some beach front property in the desert id like to sell you.
no belief in anything huh?

What is so hard to believe in a creator? Look around you.....

Evolution = There was originally nothing, then nothing collided into itself & in a big explosion everything was created in Layman's Terms.

Creation = Creator

Tell ya what, prove that God is absurd using the scientific method & I'll believe you...... Since the only way something is a fact is if you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
It's fine that you believe in your faith, but using it to explain physical phenomena is downright silly. It contains no TANGIBLE evidence in a time that's FAR different from the world we live in today.


And by the way, please read the definition of "scientific theory" that I had posted earlier:

But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.]

A theory is non-proven? Not really. Sure, there is more evidence to be found, but it is based upon facts and the phenomna itself is fact. Your faith? Your belief? Hardly based off of anything at all. They are simply ideas. Don't get those two things mixed up please.
To start, I stated that evoultion comes down to faith just as much as Christianity.

Even though I am religious, I'm kinda a science geek. Oxymoron your thinking to yourself? Not quite, the Bible teaches to question everything. (seek & you will find) I know what the scientific theory is. Also, I am fairly well versed in what we believe gravity is & what it's caused by (ie. dark matter, relativity, quantum field theory, ect). It's funny that you mention gravity to evolution because the most "believed" theories about both of them depend primarily on the same theory, the string theory that is, which some say is the complete answer to quantum mechanics. Another funny thing is not one single aspect of the the string theory nor dark matter has been proven. The reason why it's so popular is because they are currently the only ways to fully explain why quantum physics works the way it does (again, all in theory). The 1st real experiment ever to be done in this field is the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) aka a big ass atom smasher, which will test 1. the big bang theory 2. the string theory 3. look for traces of dark matter created in the 1st 10 millionths of a second upon collision 4. study black holes, as well as many other ground breaking tests. The reason why it was built is because the only way science can progress now in those fields is by testing. They might be proved 100% wrong in a short time once they analyze all the info they get, they might not. In short, evolution is not a fact by any stretch of the imagination until they finish doing the scientific method.

A big problem I see about the LHC is the "theory" of relativity (which I do believe for the record). Nothing with mass can travel the speed of light, even an atom. It could get close, like .000001, but never true light speed. It's common knowledge though that if you smash 2 atoms traveling at the speed of light you create life, the universe & stuff, right Crimson92? :
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #43
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
331

 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina


Posts: 28,645
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFastM3 View Post
no belief in anything huh?

What is so hard to believe in a creator? Look around you.....

Evolution = There was originally nothing, then nothing collided into itself & in a big explosion everything was created in Layman's Terms.

Creation = Creator

Tell ya what, prove that God is absurd using the scientific method & I'll believe you...... Since the only way something is a fact is if you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt, right?
talking snakes?
talking burning bush?
walking on water?
splitting the ocean?


do i really need to say more? i mean come on really...its just absurd
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #44
ChrisFastM3
Captain
50

 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
talking snakes?
talking burning bush?
walking on water?
splitting the ocean?


do i really need to say more? i mean come on really...its just absurd
An omnipotent & omniscient God more powerful then you can possibly imagine?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST