BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,307
iTrader: (1)

adam carolla on atheism



whats your take on this rant?
__________________
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
TiAg335i
Trance Life
 
TiAg335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 4,710
iTrader: (4)

He's an ass. I think most people know they will die, and that's it. It's the faith that there is a purpose in life that keeps people going and this world turning. The fact that a God exists or not is really irrelevant in that context. It's the idea that keeps people going. I think religion grew from a subset of people who lived nothing but misery, in the hopes that one day they would see salvation.
TiAg335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,627
iTrader: (3)

im with him


i think religion is just a concept....and a bad one at that
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
JME
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 239
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
However, one thing is for sure, God cannot be contained in a human body. Everything is created inside His image. Everything is energy. Light is the reflection/image of His power. So, everything bears witness to Him.
How is this for sure? You just said yourself the very existence can not be proved not disproved. I happen to believe light is a transverse EM wave that carries energy and comes in quantized packets of energy and can be assumed to be particles (photons) and behaves as such in the right circumstances. Oh, it also acts as the intermediary particle for one of the four fundamental forces. None of which is related to god of any form. That is my belief.

The big thing here is faith. To you, it is a for sure that all things lead to god or are a creation or byproduct of his existence. To me the very existence of god is not possible.

So the only for sure is that they may or may not be a god. It is your faith that makes the existence of god true to you.

That being said, Adam Corolla may have had a good point, from the atheist point of view, but he destroyed his credibility with inflammatory remarks and antagonistic language. Same could be said of many prominent atheists, like Dawkins and the like.
JME is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Nixon
Banned
 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

I agree with the guy who grew up Muslim. And I grew up Christian.
Nixon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
KCE90M3
Private
 
KCE90M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 Infiniti I30
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: KC

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
He's an ass. I think most people know they will die, and that's it. It's the faith that there is a purpose in life that keeps people going and this world turning. The fact that a God exists or not is really irrelevant in that context. It's the idea that keeps people going. I think religion grew from a subset of people who lived nothing but misery, in the hopes that one day they would see salvation.
Ya know there's some very interesting literature on this general topic. Granted, I would describe myself as a pretty strong Christian (not perfect by any means, but I stand pretty firmly in my faith), and it's obviously geared to prove that viewpoint based on quite a bit of different things (the books are basically interviews with various scientists, theologians, etc.) including logic, science and the bible. Anyway, there's an author named Lee Strobel who's written a series of books: "The Case for Christ," "The Case for Faith," "The Case for a Creator," "The Case for Easter," and "The Case for Christmas." Interestingly enough Strobel was an atheist who was a journalist in Chicago and started doing the research he used to write the books when his wife became a Christian. He says he wanted to nip the Christianity thing in the butt before she "got too into it." He ended up interviewing numerous leaders in Christian apologetics (he pretty much tried to stump them) and as he did so, he says he began watching his questions and doubts being shattered one by one by the interviews. The books are essentially transcripts of the interviews with some background info in between the lines if you will. I won't tell you what to think...that's your decision (and he even makes that point at the end of the book(s)-there's still going to be skeptics at the end of the day regardless of the amount of evidence you argue with-but the evidence is VERY strong) but they're very interesting to read...at least I think so.
"The Case for Faith" is really what destroyed alot of my skepticism about Christianity...it was probably the first book I read when I started going to church again back in high school. I've been raised in a Christian home more or less (but it's certainly not Leave it to Beaver...parents are divorced, some relatives barely make contact, the list goes on) but I went through a few years where I was pretty much doubtful of the truth of Christianity (we were more or less not going to church at all, etc. during that period)...then all of the sudden I just felt this urge to go to church around my freshman or sophomore year of high school. Can't explain where it came from or why. Like I said before, I won't tell anyone what to believe....but I've read a fair amount of apologetics type of readings since then and it's made me pretty sure that there's more than enough evidence to support the existence of God and anything I don't understand about "how things work" is insubstantial. Not that my faith is entirely based on apologetics, it's faith as well....but like one of the guys interviewed in one of the books says...."I used to have an issue with the concept of the virgin birth, but then it occurred to me that if this God created the universe, then adding an extra Y chromosome to a DNA sequence in a girls womb would be child's play."

Again, not going to criticize anyone for their beliefs....the Church has ruined its image quite effectively doing that....and pushed away alot of people in the process. Hope anyone that's skeptical, curious, a believer, (wherever you stand in the spectrum) takes the time to check any of those books out. They're really interesting...especially being that it's not one of those goody two shoes "i grew up in sunday school and high school youthgroup and I'm perfect!" types that wrote it. Brought up alot of interesting points and even questions I don't know I would've thought of at my most skeptical point in life.

I could go on for awhile about that but I think it'd be best just to let you guys check them out for yourselves. God bless y'all but I think it's time for dinner and a beer ha.
__________________


1997 Infiniti i30gold/tan/Pirelli SP4 All weathers/nothing/nada/zip/zero
KCE90M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
NoKids
Major
 
NoKids's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ottawa

Posts: 1,343
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
i dont understand people who rant against religion. everyone knows religion is 'faith'. it means christians 'believe' whatever it is they believe. god, devil, heaven, blah blah blah. i am not going to argue against these people because how can i disprove what they believe? i can't. same thing for muslims and atheists. you believe whatever you want to believe.

i believe in the incomplete religion called science. and according to this religion, you gotta see it to believe it. i will probably be dead before my religion (science) will figure out where we came from, what the rules of physics are, and what happens after we die. but i'm ok with dying before i know the truth, because it's better than believing the ridiculous stories told by the other religions.

just to be clear i believe in science, not scientology.
__________________
NoKids is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
i dont understand people who rant against religion. everyone knows religion is 'faith'. it means christians 'believe' whatever it is they believe. god, devil, heaven, blah blah blah. i am not going to argue against these people because how can i disprove what they believe? i can't. same thing for muslims and atheists. you believe whatever you want to believe.

i believe in the incomplete religion called science. and according to this religion, you gotta see it to believe it. i will probably be dead before my religion (science) will figure out where we came from, what the rules of physics are, and what happens after we die. but i'm ok with dying before i know the truth, because it's better than believing the ridiculous stories told by the other religions.

just to be clear i believe in science, not scientology.

as much as it pains me to say this ...well said...

BTW...how come nobody ever admits to being a scientologist...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,627
iTrader: (3)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

just thought id throw this in
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
BTW...adam got fired...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
KCE90M3
Private
 
KCE90M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 Infiniti I30
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: KC

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
i dont understand people who rant against religion. everyone knows religion is 'faith'. it means christians 'believe' whatever it is they believe. god, devil, heaven, blah blah blah. i am not going to argue against these people because how can i disprove what they believe? i can't. same thing for muslims and atheists. you believe whatever you want to believe.

i believe in the incomplete religion called science. and according to this religion, you gotta see it to believe it. i will probably be dead before my religion (science) will figure out where we came from, what the rules of physics are, and what happens after we die. but i'm ok with dying before i know the truth, because it's better than believing the ridiculous stories told by the other religions.

just to be clear i believe in science, not scientology.

A valid argument.....but here's my question for you. I think the general majority of us, Christians (well...some Christians..maybe not all...there are those who still believe the world is only a few thousand years old) included will agree that the "Big Bang" theory is a fairly sound theory for the beginning of the universe. A theory, granted, but probably the most realistic and most accepted by the general public and scholars alike. More or less, it's probably as close as any of us will ever come to knowing how the universe was formed because we weren't there (obviously).

I, personally, am a believer in the likelyhood of this theory. The one root problem with this as it pertains to science is that at some point there was nothing. No quarks, protons, neutrons, electrons, atoms, molecules, etc. It is not possible that the elements that were the catalyst for the formation of the universe as we know it to simply exist without first being created. It is a scientific [i]law[i] that it is impossible to get something from nothing (a law has to be disproven through a series of numerous contradictory experiments before it can be discredited...and I'm sure you'll agree with me that it is impossible to disprove this law, since there simply is no longer the existence of [i]"nothing"[i] to try to disprove it with). To create a "big bang" it has been proven that there must have had to be some kind of reaction amongst elements, electrical charge, or whatnot. The problem with science and no God is that it is simply not possible to have the big bang purely according to scientific law. (I am a Christian that believes that science is not seperate from, but under the domain of God...i.e. God said "Let there be light" and there was light and instantly the equation for light waves existed...sounds rudimentary but I couldn't copy the whole light wave equation down ha...basically I believe science is a way of trying to understand the creations of God, since it obviously can't disprove Him) Of course for this you have to have an uncreated God, but you can't challenge that God is uncreated in defense when you, yourself agree with the idea that the elements simply "existed" in the beginning. Basically the difference here is that we know for a fact it is impossible for the elements that were the foundation of the universe to just "exist" without prior creation, but it is impossible to disprove the existence of an uncreated God. (I think I got that down right ha) The elements could not react without being created first, and since it is impossible to create something from nothing, without an intelligent creator there is no way for the big bang to ever occur and we never end up having this conversation.

Then of course there's the complexity of life on earth and the ENORMOUS size and complexity of the universe (think...so huge that to say we're...like, planet earth "we're"....a grain of sand on the beach is a drastic overstatement...but that discussion is for another day). The chances that it was all by chance, added onto the 0% chance that the big bang could occur without previously created elements make the chance that there is no intelligent creator so astronomically small it's incomprehensible. I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but when things are broken down like that I have an extremely hard time believing that any of what we see every day could ever happen without an intelligent creator. I realize that skeptics who are not open to the possibility that intelligent design is reality will read everything I just said and see "blah blah blah intelligent design blah blah" but I think most reasonable people (believers or not) will admit that the point I just made alone is a compelling enough argument for the existence of an intelligent creator. It may not be proof in the sense of a scientific law...but it's as close as we'll get. Even Dawkins, the famed atheist has given credit to that very argument. This isn't verbatim but I've read a quote where he said, more or less:

"...This is the greatest problem with atheism. If we are setting in a room and someone in another room bangs two pots together and you ask me "what was that?" and I tell you "nothing" you will not believe me because you know that someone or something had to bang the pots together to create the noise. This is the part of atheism where supporters of intelligent design have an answer that we simply do not."

That's really all I have about this. Again, you're of course free to have your own opinion, but the point I just made, and various other things I've read concerning other topics of skepticism are the reasons I believe what I do. It is, truly, in the end, faith....but faith that is not one bit blind or uneducated. Like I said earlier....I was more than a little skeptical at one point in my life...but then I began to investigate some of my questions (and challenge God on more than one occasion to prove to me He was real if He was really there) and after some time I came to the conclusion that at least if you ask me, the idea that there could be an existence without an intelligent creator is beyond comprehension...and the existence of a God that we can understand as minutely as Christian apologetics can explain is much more rational and feasible. As the book title says..."I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."
__________________


1997 Infiniti i30gold/tan/Pirelli SP4 All weathers/nothing/nada/zip/zero
KCE90M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
KCE90M3
Private
 
KCE90M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 1997 Infiniti I30
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: KC

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Just some food for thought....oh yea, and you guys all have a good night :-)
__________________


1997 Infiniti i30gold/tan/Pirelli SP4 All weathers/nothing/nada/zip/zero
KCE90M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
Nixon
Banned
 
Drives: :
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: :

Posts: 1,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCE90M3 View Post
A valid argument.....but here's my question for you. I think the general majority of us, Christians (well...some Christians..maybe not all...there are those who still believe the world is only a few thousand years old) included will agree that the "Big Bang" theory is a fairly sound theory for the beginning of the universe. A theory, granted, but probably the most realistic and most accepted by the general public and scholars alike. More or less, it's probably as close as any of us will ever come to knowing how the universe was formed because we weren't there (obviously).

I, personally, am a believer in the likelyhood of this theory.
Just keep in mind that if that is your belief, you are a heretic.

Through much of Judeo-Christian history, you would be punished for such belief, up to and including death. You are only now able to voice such opinions freely due to secularism.
Nixon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #14
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
I agree with the guy who grew up Muslim. And I grew up Christian.
Same here! Wow. I was dating a girl a few months ago. She drove me crazy b/c I didnt believe every single thing the Bible said word for word. 80% wasnt good for her. She would always bring it up.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
danniexi
Colonel
 
danniexi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW E92 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 2,055
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCE90M3 View Post

Then of course there's the complexity of life on earth and the ENORMOUS size and complexity of the universe (think...so huge that to say we're...like, planet earth "we're"....a grain of sand on the beach is a drastic overstatement...but that discussion is for another day). The chances that it was all by chance, added onto the 0% chance that the big bang could occur without previously created elements make the chance that there is no intelligent creator so astronomically small it's incomprehensible. I'm not going to tell you what to believe, but when things are broken down like that I have an extremely hard time believing that any of what we see every day could ever happen without an intelligent creator. I realize that skeptics who are not open to the possibility that intelligent design is reality will read everything I just said and see "blah blah blah intelligent design blah blah" but I think most reasonable people (believers or not) will admit that the point I just made alone is a compelling enough argument for the existence of an intelligent creator. It may not be proof in the sense of a scientific law...but it's as close as we'll get. Even Dawkins, the famed atheist has given credit to that very argument. This isn't verbatim but I've read a quote where he said, more or less:

"...This is the greatest problem with atheism. If we are setting in a room and someone in another room bangs two pots together and you ask me "what was that?" and I tell you "nothing" you will not believe me because you know that someone or something had to bang the pots together to create the noise. This is the part of atheism where supporters of intelligent design have an answer that we simply do not."

That's really all I have about this. Again, you're of course free to have your own opinion, but the point I just made, and various other things I've read concerning other topics of skepticism are the reasons I believe what I do. It is, truly, in the end, faith....but faith that is not one bit blind or uneducated. Like I said earlier....I was more than a little skeptical at one point in my life...but then I began to investigate some of my questions (and challenge God on more than one occasion to prove to me He was real if He was really there) and after some time I came to the conclusion that at least if you ask me, the idea that there could be an existence without an intelligent creator is beyond comprehension...and the existence of a God that we can understand as minutely as Christian apologetics can explain is much more rational and feasible. As the book title says..."I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."
Many misconceptions in your post.

[A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.]

[Faith is the confident belief in the truth of or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[1] It is also used for a belief, characteristically without proof.]

I just want to clear up one thing. Your ignorance in the advanced subject matter of science DOES NOT "prove" or provide of any "evidence" to the existance of God. The misinformed usually create their own illusions or denials based on their lack of knowledge on the subject matter (i.e. the dreaded subject of evolution). Just because some phenomena is difficult to understand or its very "hard to believe" doesn't mean that there is not an explanation for it. Evidence can be found.

Now, I want to clear up, however, that any of the subject matter discussed in this post has NOTHING to do with disproving God. Science, in no shape or form, disproves of religion or God whatsoever:

[Science is the effort to discover and increase human understanding of how physical reality works. Its purview is the portion of reality which is independent of religious, political, cultural, or philosophical outlook.]

For example, some of those of the Christian faith are against evolution since it goes against their beliefs... which doesn't make any sense. Evolution is the theory of the change in inherited traits from one generation to another. It has NOTHING to do with the beginning of life, nor does it have anything to do with the beginning of the universe. There is countless number evidence to show that evolution is a theory. Does this disprove the existance of God? No.

I guess the point of this post is to show the coexistance of Science and Religion. The two subjects are INDEPENDENT of each other. Faith can not be contested against since it is a belief with no evidence/proof. It is never wrong. The only evidence of faith is its existance of itself. Faith exists. That is the only fact we have about it.

So yeah, no need to justify your beliefs. You have your faith and no one can take that away from you.
danniexi is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
 
JOSG328I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Huntington Beach

Posts: 377
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
BTW...adam got fired...
The whole station was disbanded (Frosty,Heidi & Frank Show, & Tom Leykis, Tim Conway wer fired as well) and they completely changed there program format to a Top 40's station. It had nothing to do with just Adam.
JOSG328I is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
ideliver
Major
 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
sorry for the confusion...i did not mean to infer that it was soley his fault...but that we won't be hearing him any more (at least for the near future)...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

ideliver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
 
JOSG328I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Huntington Beach

Posts: 377
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Dammmmmnnn Youuuuu!!!! j/k
JOSG328I is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #19
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
 
JOSG328I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Huntington Beach

Posts: 377
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Just my two cents on this. I really think it all boils down to a human's inability to comprehend infinity(similar to cars4lyfe's comment). We are a solely an egotistical being hence the reason we constantly battle on many subjects,religion, politics, morality.

I mean think about this logically big bang - how can something be created from nothing? Then the intelligent creator - remember think of this logically, something had to create the intelligent creator? Essentially making that creator a more intelligent creator right?

See how there really is no end all answer, the only real thing that has been proven is that energy is infinite and it never stops it is a constant cycle. Energy is constantly changing and being transferred making it the closest thing to a comprehensible entity of the infinite.

So using energy as a basis for all existance this can essentially bridge the atheism & monotheism gap, by having one center force(ie Energy) being interpreted in two different forms.

Energy & Atheism - An atheist can interpret this at face value saying that when I die I go nowhere but my energy is absorbed into the dirt and transferred by way of decomposition etc. etc.

Energy & Montheism - The monotheistic believer converts the central infinite energy technically into a being (ie. God, Juddah, Allah). So a monotheistic believer will say that when I die my soul will carry on to heaven, and become part of their Lord's kingdom.

See there is a common thread in that each feeds into the infinite cycle of energy. They basically just take different paths but escentually doing the same thing.

So I guess my two cents equate to this; not one person atheist or monotheist is really right in the grand scheme of things. They are just different ways of dealing with the fact that our ego needs an answer.

The main issue arises when our ego is so driven to be right that we accuse others of being wrong, when in reality no-one knows the real answer. We are surmised to believe what our individual ego tells us is fact.
JOSG328I is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #20
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Adam is 100% right

Any religion is just a business, a cult

People with the ability to think for themselves know that gods don’t exist.

God is not going to save your ass in an accident, or help you score the winning touchdown. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Especially if this god just lets major world catastrophes happen all the time, and never intervenes.

People need to seriously pull their heads out of their asses, and realize that the bible was created by men. Men who can say whatever they wanted to say about how things happened all those years ago.

I don’t need a religion to tell me what’s right from wrong and the way to treat people.

Also keep this little fact in mind WE ARE ALL BORN AS ATHEISTS

We don’t learn about religion until people start trying to brainwash us
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
lvwirelessguy
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 702

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to lvwirelessguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0815241/

just thought id throw this in
Great documentary
lvwirelessguy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
ChrisFastM3
Captain
 
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy View Post
Great documentary
It's more of a mockumetary.....

Christianity is a faith
Islam is a faith
Hinduism is a faith
hell, even Scientology is a faith (all hail Xenu)
guess what atheism is, a faith....

If you want to "believe" (or have faith if you will) that we are here by complete accident from a giant explosion caused by 2 atoms crashing together that were traveling the speed of light, that were created by super strings that vibrated them into existence, by all means, please do so.

To me, I think God is a more logical explanation...

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God” -Psalm 14:1

A theory is a NON-PROVEN Concept.... So if you put your faith into a theory that there is no God, your religion is Atheism.

Remember though, a few years back we all knew the world was flat.... That was proven wrong. The Hadron Collider, when they finally get it working, may prove the big bang theory completely incorrect, though it may not...
ChrisFastM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST