BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #23
monsta
Brigadier General
monsta's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
3,591
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
oh no Bill I know what mods are next

nah probably not....I think I'm done w/ mods
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
smokinjoe64's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
319
Posts

Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Cities

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
There's some white bird shit on your bumper.
Oh man, that's hilarious!!!
__________________
`12 e92 M3 6MT - Interlagos Blue | Fox Red Extended Carbon Leather | Loaded |
Mods: RPI axle-back; aFe filter; IND painted reflectors; BMW satin black grills, LED hi-power interior lights; Ultimate Al petals; Clutch stop; LUX H8's; Rear Fogs; invisible nose bra; Escort 9500ix hardwired w/mirror mount, custom coding
`08 e92 M3 6MT - retired
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #25
cclboss
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
1
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 E90 Alpine White
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

I installed the AA exhaust on my E90 M3 and found it to be a bit too loud. Actually, it's the amount of bass that bothers me a little. Also, I found that at around 1,800 rpm there is some distinct drone within the car and is annoying especially if you do a lot of city driving. I was wondering if any of you who has switched to the Vorsteiner found it better than the AA in these regards. I also prefer more of a Ferrari F430 sound than the low growl of the AA, does the Vorsteiner deliver this sound? Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #26
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
SICk Vids and Great Pics! Thanks for Sharing! You just cant Beat the Sound of a Ti
Exhaust! Thats why I Love My Dixis on my E46 M3 and Going ti on my E92!

I have a Question! So the Exhaust your Running is a Full Header Back System or is it
just the Exhaust and Section 2 being the X-Pipe???
Im asking as I will be Changing everything from the Headers back with a
Ti exhaust, Just dont know which exhaust brand yet!
So the X pipe is Basically Section 2? Just Trying to get it straight? lol


Thanks!
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #27
tallycoolies
Private First Class
tallycoolies's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
SICk Vids and Great Pics! Thanks for Sharing! You just cant Beat the Sound of a Ti
Exhaust! Thats why I Love My Dixis on my E46 M3 and Going ti on my E92!

I have a Question! So the Exhaust your Running is a Full Header Back System or is it
just the Exhaust and Section 2 being the X-Pipe???
Im asking as I will be Changing everything from the Headers back with a
Ti exhaust, Just dont know which exhaust brand yet!
So the X pipe is Basically Section 2? Just Trying to get it straight? lol


Thanks!
It's header back, I have NO CATS The X-pipe I have is SS from Active autowerke. The cat back is my Vorsteiner Ti exhaust.

I really need a set of shoes, I've been waiting for the 360 Forged and I think they're just giving everybody a hard time ^^ Any advices?
__________________

E92 M3 Coupe\Interlagos Blue\6MT\18"\Technology PK\Premium Sound\Moon Roof\H&R Sport Springs\UUC SSK\GP Thunder 8500K H8 & 12000K HID Xenon\MB Grill\VSR Ti Exhaust\AA X-pipe\AA ECU\AA pulley\VSR CF rear diffuser\VSR CF boot lid\Painted Reflector\Gruppe M CAI\VSR Frontlip\Volk TE-37 19'
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #28
tim3less
First Lieutenant
United_States
6
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: '07 STi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

those tips and the interlagos blue looks SICk
__________________
'10 E92 335xi space gray/coral red
'07 WRX STi
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:39 AM   #29
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallycoolies View Post
It's header back, I have NO CATS The X-pipe I have is SS from Active autowerke. The cat back is my Vorsteiner Ti exhaust.

I really need a set of shoes, I've been waiting for the 360 Forged and I think they're just giving everybody a hard time ^^ Any advices?
Hey Thanks for the Reply Bro! So to get this Straight, The AA X-Pipe is
Basically the Section Right After the Headers Making it Section 1,
Then Its the Piping From the Vorsteiner Exhaust Which is Section 2 then Its
the Exhaust Correct?
So its Headers, X-Pipe, Piping from VRS Exhaust(Section 2) then Exhaust????

I'm Basically Going with the Same Setup That You have on your M3
Im also Going NO Cats! Basically the same set-up I have on my
E46 M3, EvoSport Headers, NO Cats, Ti Sections 1 & 2 with NO Res, And Dixis Ti Exhaust!

For my New Set-Up on my E92 M3, Im Deciding Between the New Dixis Ti,
The Encore Innovations Ti, Or the VRS Ti Exhausts! By the Time my Car Arrives I will Make my Decision...

Thanks for the Reply Bro!


For Wheels to Give you my Advise I really Like the 360 Forged 8's. They Look
Really Nice. Why are they giving you a hard time? Are they on Back Order?
Which ones were you planning on getting?

P.S. If your Planning to get Wheels, PM me and Ill hook you up with the Wheel Shop I go to
here in Los Angeles. They Gave me the Best Price on my HRE 540R's and my BBS LM's. I got
a Price from the Other Guys and He Beat all of there Prices !!!


-
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #30
tallycoolies
Private First Class
tallycoolies's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: 08 Interlagos Blue M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack28 View Post
Hey Thanks for the Reply Bro! So to get this Straight, The AA X-Pipe is
Basically the Section Right After the Headers Making it Section 1,
Then Its the Piping From the Vorsteiner Exhaust Which is Section 2 then Its
the Exhaust Correct?
So its Headers, X-Pipe, Piping from VRS Exhaust(Section 2) then Exhaust????

I'm Basically Going with the Same Setup That You have on your M3
Im also Going NO Cats! Basically the same set-up I have on my
E46 M3, EvoSport Headers, NO Cats, Ti Sections 1 & 2 with NO Res, And Dixis Ti Exhaust!

For my New Set-Up on my E92 M3, Im Deciding Between the New Dixis Ti,
The Encore Innovations Ti, Or the VRS Ti Exhausts! By the Time my Car Arrives I will Make my Decision...

Thanks for the Reply Bro!


For Wheels to Give you my Advise I really Like the 360 Forged 8's. They Look
Really Nice. Why are they giving you a hard time? Are they on Back Order?
Which ones were you planning on getting?

P.S. If your Planning to get Wheels, PM me and Ill hook you up with the Wheel Shop I go to
here in Los Angeles. They Gave me the Best Price on my HRE 540R's and my BBS LM's. I got
a Price from the Other Guys and He Beat all of there Prices !!!


-
Hey! no problem, and whatever u said on the above post is correct. It's starting right after the headers, seciont 1 is the x-pipe, then the Vorsteiner pipe, and then the Vorsteiner exhaust. For the wheels tho, I might wait another week or two and see what they do with my wheels. I've waited almost 3 months and finally got my wheels but the finish is unacceptable. We'll see tho~ Thanks for the advice~ if everything don't go as planned, I'll probably have to get another set.
__________________

E92 M3 Coupe\Interlagos Blue\6MT\18"\Technology PK\Premium Sound\Moon Roof\H&R Sport Springs\UUC SSK\GP Thunder 8500K H8 & 12000K HID Xenon\MB Grill\VSR Ti Exhaust\AA X-pipe\AA ECU\AA pulley\VSR CF rear diffuser\VSR CF boot lid\Painted Reflector\Gruppe M CAI\VSR Frontlip\Volk TE-37 19'
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #31
Cab5er
Colonel
Cab5er's Avatar
China
33
Rep
2,340
Posts

Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Hainan

iTrader: (22)

How much louder is it than stock? I am not looking for a loud exhaust and I like the way this one sounds.
__________________

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 02:22 AM   #32
MatthewDavid
Captain
58
Rep
695
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 BSM/CCBs
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
2012 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
360 Straight 5s!

Nice vids, although maybe your wife doesn't have to chew her gum so loudly haha jk
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
JPH
Second Lieutenant
JPH's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraydenBellean View Post

Nice vids, although maybe your wife doesn't have to chew her gum so loudly haha jk
^
+1 caught that, sensitive microphone...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #34
PrinceSmooth
First Lieutenant
PrinceSmooth's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: '15 M4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
car is looking great man, along the lines of all the mods i want to get on my IB when it gets here My gf chews her gum with her mouth open too lol
__________________
09' E92 M3 | IB |Black | Carbon Leather | 19" Option Wheels | DCT | Akrapovic Full Exhaust | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Arkym Front Bumper | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Intake | (Delivered 3/7/09)
RIP!!!! Miss you dearly
'12 X6 M Carbon Black / Akrapovic Evo / AR Design downpipes / ESS tune
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #35
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallycoolies View Post
Hey! no problem, and whatever u said on the above post is correct. It's starting right after the headers, seciont 1 is the x-pipe, then the Vorsteiner pipe, and then the Vorsteiner exhaust. For the wheels tho, I might wait another week or two and see what they do with my wheels. I've waited almost 3 months and finally got my wheels but the finish is unacceptable. We'll see tho~ Thanks for the advice~ if everything don't go as planned, I'll probably have to get another set.
Ok Nice! Thanks for the Info Bro! So you ordered your wheels from 360 and
they miessed up the Finish? Which Wheel Style did you get? So what are
they doing with your wheels now? Are they redoing the finish? Thats sucks
that they messed up your wheels! Not good!

Jack
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #36
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
tightie's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
5,832
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
sounds good
__________________
Current: 15 991 GT3 | Past: 15 YMB F80 M3, 13 E92 M3 DCT, 08 E92 M3 6MT, 07 E60 M5, 02 E46 M3, 06 E90 325
*Upcoming Track Days: July 21 @ Willow Springs Raceway
#SpeedDistrict #Tightie | @SpeedDistrict @JoshShokri
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 03:32 AM   #37
Cloud
Lieutenant
10
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rowland Heights

iTrader: (0)

does anyone know if VSR had a Ti exhaust for e46? did it have cracking issues?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #38
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
654
Rep
10,673
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
does anyone know if VSR had a Ti exhaust for e46? did it have cracking issues?
VRS did not make an exhaust for the E46 M3. The E90/92 was the first system they released.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #39
Cloud
Lieutenant
10
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rowland Heights

iTrader: (0)

so is the VSR close to f1 like sound like advertised
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #40
Ryan@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Ryan@IND's Avatar
United_States
279
Rep
4,263
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (16)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan@IND Send a message via Skype™ to Ryan@IND
D.... looking good. we will definitely get some new shoes on your beast ASAP.
3 months of waiting led to nothing... sad. But got things figured out now, so... we'll see....
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #41
javito50
Private First Class
javito50's Avatar
2
Rep
136
Posts

Drives: M3 E92 Alpine White
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spain, Canary Islands

iTrader: (0)

I totally love the sound and the interlagos blue, the 18s looks sweet, just lower it with springs !!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #42
Cloud
Lieutenant
10
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: AW 2009 E92 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rowland Heights

iTrader: (0)

Got the VSR installed yesterday, it does not drone at high rpms. However, I believe it does drone between 1-2.1k rpm if my interpretation of drone is correct.

It is pretty loud at low rpms but almost stock like above 3k rpms.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #43
rob612
Second Lieutenant
rob612's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: e92 - m3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #44
naveenb
Private First Class
naveenb's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: nothing yet...
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: cali...ftw!

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down


what is this???
__________________
Naveen


WANTED:
Audi S4<Audi S5<BMW M3 sedan<Audi RS5
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST