BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

PYSPEED

02-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 AW

Installed AA Pulleys..... WOW..

I truly cannot believe the power difference that ur able to feel with these pulleys on, its sick. We have had some decent mid 40 degree weather here in NYC for the past few weeks or so. I tend to always drive the same way, on the aggressive side . I clearly remember when pinning the gas in second The car would pull hard but never really lost traction much since i wasnt pinning first to second, just second. Well today I was testing out the car with the pulleys and it seems that pinning the gas in second will almost 100% loose traction, which is great since in warmer weather the traction problem should be solved resulting in staright up power. The car revs soo much better and easier. Third feels like a complete moster. I absolutely love this mod, probably the best yet. I do have a remus race eaxhaust and afe filter. Next will be AA tune.

Wanna really thank AA for the great deal they gave me and the great service. Will be doing business with you guys again very soon.

On a side note, my mechanic literally took 1.30 hour to install these, and that was by taking his time and making sure everything was perfect being that he loves working on my car, but knows that parts are so expensive that he makes sure everythig is absolutely perfect , which i love. Im sure he could do this whole install in about an hour next time. Didnt really follow the instructions. Instead of going from underneath, he took the fan off and bam, did everything from there. Just metioning this to let ppl know that a pulley install should take no more then 2 hours and thats with 2 lujch breaks lol.

If anyone in NYC wants to do an install of anything just let me know. He has done my springs and pulleys and will soon be doing my custom exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
camaross305
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3

Awesome great to hear.... im probably going to get some AA goodies in the next few weeks.... i already have their exhaust on the way... then im going to do their x and software

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Hey camaross, how r u enjoying the wheels?

U r local to them which is bad lol, if I were local to them I would have everything of theirs on my car already lol. They do make outstanding goodies tho. I will soon be doing there software, that should unleash the monster completely. Good luck with ur car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
camaross305
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Hey camaross, how r u enjoying the wheels?

U r local to them which is bad lol, if I were local to them I would have everything of theirs on my car already lol. They do make outstanding goodies tho. I will soon be doing there software, that should unleash the monster completely. Good luck with ur car.
Aw man i LOVE the wheels.....

I have so many people turn their heads at my car now. Which is both good and bad lol. But Im extremely happy with them. How bout yourself.

Yea lol I've only been to AA once and that was a while back. i hardly go down to MIA but ill be down their next weekend. They are only like 2min. from my house so ill be checking them out and getting some stuff lol

User name lmims526894rou

Or contact me at chrism9551@aol.com
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
chris s
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Curious who you had do your install? Where are they located. Maybe you can PM me his info. I'm contemplating pulleys...and already have springs awaiting install. Springs I may do myself as I have a spring compressor and did my e46 coilovers. Just takes some time...but worth the $300 savings. thanks in advance!

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

The guys name is allan and he works inside a shop called revolution which is in queens. Great work. let me know if u want his number or anything else
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
chris s
Major General
Rep

Yeah can you PM me his number and what he charged you for install of pullies and springs? Just so i have a baseline to go by.

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I truly cannot believe the power difference that ur able to feel with these pulleys on, its sick. We have had some decent mid 40 degree weather here in NYC for the past few weeks or so. I tend to always drive the same way, on the aggressive side . I clearly remember when pinning the gas in second The car would pull hard but never really lost traction much since i wasnt pinning first to second, just second. Well today I was testing out the car with the pulleys and it seems that pinning the gas in second will almost 100% loose traction, which is great since in warmer weather the traction problem should be solved resulting in staright up power. The car revs soo much better and easier. Third feels like a complete moster. I absolutely love this mod, probably the best yet. I do have a remus race eaxhaust and afe filter. Next will be AA tune.

Wanna really thank AA for the great deal they gave me and the great service. Will be doing business with you guys again very soon.

On a side note, my mechanic literally took 1.30 hour to install these, and that was by taking his time and making sure everything was perfect being that he loves working on my car, but knows that parts are so expensive that he makes sure everythig is absolutely perfect , which i love. Im sure he could do this whole install in about an hour next time. Didnt really follow the instructions. Instead of going from underneath, he took the fan off and bam, did everything from there. Just metioning this to let ppl know that a pulley install should take no more then 2 hours and thats with 2 lujch breaks lol.

If anyone in NYC wants to do an install of anything just let me know. He has done my springs and pulleys and will soon be doing my custom exhaust.
You notice anythign else different? Such as the AC/servotronic steering feeling/acting different?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
You notice anythign else different? Such as the AC/servotronic steering feeling/acting different?
I havent had much time with them yet, but from what I did have, absolutely no difference
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
boostedtwin
Sheriff
Rep

Drives: 2012 1M // 2008 GT3

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
07 335i  [0.00]
Another AA satisfied customer. Congrats!!!
2012 1M / TechTec Custom Map Tune / AA FMIC / Agency Power Charge Pipe & BOV / Agency Power Downpipes & Mid Pipe / Custom Race Open Exhaust / Clutchmasters FX300 Racing Clutch / AFE Dual Intake System / H&R Coilovers / H&R Spacers / CDV Delete / Black Grills / CF Performance Spoiler & Mirrors / Sprint Booster / Feuer Orange Calipers
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
TonyTone
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: M3 VERT

Send a message via Skype™ to TonyTone
Congrats!!! Actually saw a set being installed and cant wait for a ride tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #12
veightkiller
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: e90 335i

share some pics man!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 02:18 AM   #13
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep

thats awsome

im going to get an AA pulley too
      02-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #14
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Great review, thank you for posting! AA FTW
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #15
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

how would these AA pulley's affect the warrenty?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 M3 e90 IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
You stole my question!!! Anyone know the possible warranty implications with Pulleys? I know that BMW dealerships really frown on software changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I'm guessing they probably would never know you installed them. Unless some reason your voltage drops at idle due to slowing down your alternator?
      02-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #18
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I'm guessing they probably would never know you installed them. Unless some reason your voltage drops at idle due to slowing down your alternator?
Agreed...chances are they would never notice the pulleys. If you had an issue with something that runs off the pulleys...and they notice the change, then rest assured it will not be covered.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #19
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Agreed...chances are they would never notice the pulleys. If you had an issue with something that runs off the pulleys...and they notice the change, then rest assured it will not be covered.
The Magnusson Warranty act states that they have to PROVE that the aftermarket part directly caused the failure.
With that said, if something "big" happens to your car, for example, your engine turns out to be a lemon or something, take the car back with the OEM pulley on it instead.
JL
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
The Magnusson Warranty act states that they have to PROVE that the aftermarket part directly caused the failure.
With that said, if something "big" happens to your car, for example, your engine turns out to be a lemon or something, take the car back with the OEM pulley on it instead.
JL
This is good info to know. I'll have to read up on this more. Just kinda gives a summary on wikipedia. Need more details
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

No pictures really to post, unless u guys want some pictures of me flying by lol.

As others have said, they would never really notice unless of course the problem is caused directly from the pulley in which only a moron would go to the dealer with the pulley on. In all honesty tho, I really dont think this mod should cause any problems whatsoever. Car runs great, feels great, and the pulley itself is a top of the line piece. Only thing that I wasnt 100% satisfied with was the belts, you can clearly tell that the napa belts are not as good quality as the stock belts, but oh well. Like I said earlier tho, incase of an issue, my guy can have the stock pulley back on in at most one hour, shouldnt b a problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
Jersey Girl
Private
Rep

Drives: 2008 AW e92 M3

Just a FYI, I've had my RE pulley for a few months now. No negatives what-so-ever. I've had the car at the dealer twice for service and nobody said anything about it. I don't think a dealer would ever notice unless they pulled the engine out or something, or you told them

Which ever brand you get, pulleys are great upgrades!

I hope this doesn't count as a thread jacking
Appreciate 0