BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #111
FrankieP
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Let's curise! Where?

OK guys this is going to be cool. We have way more cars than I expected

Now we have to sort out some details.

We have all these M together...lets cruise. Where? (everyone post their preference, majority wins)

I would like to get an aerial shot/video (taken from the showroom roof) of all the M's going southbound on US1(all three lanes). We can set this up while gathering to leave for the cruise. Details day of event.

OK, let hear it. Where we going?

Keys:

Big Chill = 6

Alabama Jack's = 1

Last edited by FrankieP; 02-26-2009 at 11:59 PM.
FrankieP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #112
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 977
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
OK guys this is going to be cool. We have way more cars than I expected

Now we have to sort out some details.

We have all these M together...lets cruise. Where? (everyone post their preference, majority wins)

I would like to get an aerial shot/video (taken from the showroom roof) of all the M's going southbound on US1(all three lanes). We can set this up while gathering to leave for the cruise. Details day of event.

OK, let hear it. Where we going?
i can help out with that shot if you want, up to you.
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #113
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
 
m34jlp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

guess i'll go first...keys via cardsound to any restaurant really...i think big chill was mentioned
m34jlp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #114
FrankieP
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
i can help out with that shot if you want, up to you.
Cool, the more cameras/videos the better!
FrankieP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #115
RRGOO7
Colonel
 
RRGOO7's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL

Posts: 2,445
iTrader: (13)

Keys...Alabama Jacks....more of a keys feel IMO
RRGOO7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #116
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
 
m34jlp's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami, Fl

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

My first thought was Alabama Jacks but the parking might be an issue...We could always drive by and see how it looks if not continue South...
m34jlp is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #117
TonyTone
Major
 
TonyTone's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 VERT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to TonyTone
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
damn man i disnt know u had some i wouldve def. jumped on them...do u have them on the for sale section didnt see them???
I have another set not in the for sale section



BIG CHILL FTW!!!
TonyTone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #118
msile
Second Lieutenant
 
msile's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

Posts: 274
iTrader: (2)

I think it will be pretty cool to see a string of AW cars streaking down the highway !!
__________________
09 Alpine White E92 M3
08 Ultrasonic Blue ISF
08 Silver Alloy Metallic 350Z Nismo (track car)
msile is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #119
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
 
MAZNG's Avatar
 
Drives: :o)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 954 - SoFla

Posts: 954
iTrader: (14)

My M is STILL at the VPC!!! URGH!
MAZNG is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #120
FrankieP
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
My M is STILL at the VPC!!! URGH!
Sorry to hear that, but you should still come by and check out the rest.
FrankieP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #121
TonyTone
Major
 
TonyTone's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 VERT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 1,179
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to TonyTone
If anyone is interested on the way back up, Hooked on driving will be at Homestead Speedway
TonyTone is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #122
Kevlar
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
guess i'll go first...keys via cardsound to any restaurant really...i think big chill was mentioned
The last time a group of cars went down cardsound road people nearly died because everyone was trying to play hopscotch around slower cars. If I was to count the number of near miss head on collisions, I would need more than my two hands.

If you go that route... remember, it's about the drive, not the speed. The first person to get there has to wait the longest for the last person to arrive.
__________________
Kevlar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #123
jlaw
nuh nuh nuh gone
 
jlaw's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
The last time a group of cars went down cardsound road people nearly died because everyone was trying to play hopscotch around slower cars. If I was to count the number of near miss head on collisions, I would need more than my two hands.

If you go that route... remember, it's about the drive, not the speed. The first person to get there has to wait the longest for the last person to arrive.
+1 on how dangerous Card Sound can be if people are driving stupid.

With the exception of the AA S/C E90, it's safe to say that everyone is pretty much on even footing power-wise (unless there's another S/C car coming that no one knows about). Showing off is pointless and anyone who tries to do it is just going to look silly.

Everyone should agree to drive the speed limit and be safe.
__________________

2008 E92 M3 MT6 AW/FR/Carbon | AA | VRS | Forgestar

"I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
jlaw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #124
FrankieP
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
Everyone should agree to drive the speed limit and be safe.
+1

Lets all be responsible. If the Keys is the destination. Cardsound is the proper route. US1 is under construction and the speed limit is 45 mph for over a 20 mile stretch

Let's continue to post venue suggestions or vote for posted venues.
FrankieP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #125
Kevlar
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Be responsible and be safe... speed is one thing, passing responsibly is another.

Only one car passes at a time... don't pull out into opposite lane of traffic until the car in front has completed the pass because remember while you are behind the car in front of you, you can't see what is in front of them.

So if they barely make the pass and jump back into the proper lane, you are going to be stuck staring at a truck traveling the opposite direction probably at full speed until he realizes that both you and him are about to have an intimate encounter and well, then it's just an expensive game of chicken.

Quite a few exotic cars almost went home in very little boxes that day...
__________________
Kevlar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #126
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaw View Post
+1 on how dangerous Card Sound can be if people are driving stupid.

With the exception of the AA S/C E90, it's safe to say that everyone is pretty much on even footing power-wise (unless there's another S/C car coming that no one knows about). Showing off is pointless and anyone who tries to do it is just going to look silly.

Everyone should agree to drive the speed limit and be safe.
Omar@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #127
RRGOO7
Colonel
 
RRGOO7's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL

Posts: 2,445
iTrader: (13)

I look forward to meeting all you guys....should be a fun time
RRGOO7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #128
Nacional
Registered
 
Drives: 08 M3 convertible white/black
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Coral Gables, FL

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

I'm in.

+1 AW

Last edited by Nacional; 02-26-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Nacional is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #129
M_Time
Private First Class
 
M_Time's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Miami

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

+1 Big Chill, Never been but it looks like it can host all of us? Looked it up online and founds these pics:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...&albumId=30829
M_Time is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #130
FrankieP
 
FrankieP's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
I look forward to meeting all you guys....should be a fun time
+1
FrankieP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #131
boostedtwin
Sheriff
 
boostedtwin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1M // 2008 GT3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brazil/Miami

Posts: 1,457
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
07 335i  [0.00]
So I guess we decided going to Big Chill, right? I really hope to see the 33 signed up M3's there. Looks like the weather will be perfect too.
__________________
2012 1M / TechTec Custom Map Tune / AA FMIC / Agency Power Charge Pipe & BOV / Agency Power Downpipes & Mid Pipe / Custom Race Open Exhaust / Clutchmasters FX300 Racing Clutch / AFE Dual Intake System / H&R Spacers / CDV Delete / Black Grills / CF Performance Spoiler & Mirrors / Sprint Booster / Feuer Orange Calipers
boostedtwin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #132
knext21
Subscribed
 
knext21's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT (sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami

Posts: 1,051
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Time View Post
+1 Big Chill, Never been but it looks like it can host all of us? Looked it up online and founds these pics:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...&albumId=30829
That looks pretty cool. I guess big chill it is! BTW where's it at?
knext21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST