BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

09-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #45
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Who cares about the public financing? If McCain could raise HALF what Obama did through private donors, he would have opted out also.
      09-05-2008, 04:47 AM   #46
jbenington86
Captain

Drives: 2008 128i
Location: Baltimore, MD.....back in the land where nobody knows how to drive :( and no more autobahn

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
.....if i would have started it i would finish it but seeing as how do i dont care about financial agreement for campaign funds.. that subject would have never surfaced
let me refer you to my previous post
jbenington86 is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #47
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Ummm....doesnt it say he "would pursue"....none of that means it is going to happen. You can pursue something all you want and change your mind in the end. Its like me saying two years ago that I would really look/pursue getting an E46 M3...and I did pursue an M3....but then I realized I could go another route and chose....I dunno it seems nit-picky to me...
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
      09-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #48
jbenington86
Captain

Drives: 2008 128i
Location: Baltimore, MD.....back in the land where nobody knows how to drive :( and no more autobahn

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
but they dont use the word pursue they use the word agreement... and backing out of an agreement....not that he was pursuing and that he back out of pursing (because that would change the meaning entirely)

(last and final post on this topic)
jbenington86 is offline   United_States
      09-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #49
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
but they dont use the word pursue they use the word agreement... and backing out of an agreement....not that he was pursuing and that he back out of pursing (because that would change the meaning entirely)

(last and final post on this topic)
Last post or not....it says in a previous post that YOU made that he "would aggressively pursue an agreement"

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM
You stumbled here not the other way around. Close the door and gracefully bow out.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-t...ma_on_fin.html

eat it motherf^@#er

Obama wrote today that if he is the Democratic nominee he "will aggressively pursue" a policy with his opponent for a "publicly funded general election in 2008 with real spending limits," but made clear that he thinks a new agreement is needed.
thats states that an agreement was made and he wants to do publicly funded unless he makes XXX amount of money"
Furthermore here is an exact excerpt from the "link" you posted:

"Last February, lawyers for Obama asked the Federal Election Commission if the campaign could raise funds for the general election but retain the option of returning to the public finance system. When the FEC gave its permission, an Obama spokesman said the candidate would "aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."

It clearly states that he would RETAIN the option of public financing...seems to me that people are seeing what the WANT to see....Last post or not you are: ...still luv ya though...you got a 1er...(BTW....using expletives and such to discuss something like this is counter-productive...let the facts stand alone my military friend...)

p.s. Did you ever get in with a BMW club up there in K-town?
      09-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #50
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
So there is or is not an agreement between the two parties? The negotiations fell through based on the RNC not declining to use party coffers, which BTW are much bigger than what the DNC has available. If both sides would go with only public funding I would be extremely happy.
I left Ramstein/KLandstuhl in Jun. What a nice trip. Geroge Lott at the BMW dealership let me test drive the 135 4 times. That limey bastard knew he had me addicted!
I honestly dont know if there was an FORMAL agreement between the two. (Was actually trying to quote Jbenington, but you will do!:wink Yeah the bimmer guys in Germany are usually pretty good. We have a good limey in Mannem as well....LOL
      09-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #51
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
^^^I did read the links....I am merely pointing out your errors in the post I referred to. Saying that I didnt read them STILL does not change the fact that what you said was INCORRECT....