BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Strasse Wheels

09-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Obama on O'Reilly during McCain

Should be fun.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...8.barackobama1
      09-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #2
BForbes

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

It definitely should be interesting!

Murdoch in May 29th 2008:

Chairman of News Corp, new WSJ owner, and longtime torchbearer for conservative politics -- said this about Barack Obama: "He is a rock star. It's fantastic" "I love what he is saying about education." "I don't think he will win Florida.....but he will win in Ohio and the election". "I am anxious to meet him." "I want to see if he will walk the walk."
About the presumptive Republican nominee, Murdoch said, "McCain is a friend of mine. He's a patriot. But he's unpredicatble. Doesn't seem to know much about the economy. He has been in Congress a long time, and you have to make a lot of compromises. So what's he really stand for?... I think he has a lot of problems."
      09-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
PA135i
Major

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

The Palin speech tonight should pull some viewers also.
PA135i is offline   United_States
      09-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Call
Call

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Only a very small snippit will be shown tomorrow night, the rest next week.

Call
      09-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
I have got to see this one. Sen Obama promised Bill after the nomination he would appear on the show. I appreciate men of their word.
Oh yeah, a real man of his word.

B. Hussein O. broke his agreement with McCain about campaign financing and decided to decline public funding because so many Leftists decided to throw their money away to elect a Marxist, Leninist candidate who hangs out with domestic terrorists, racist pastors, political gangsters, and slumlords for POTUS.

The company that B.O. keeps reminds me of that seen in "Blazing Saddles" of all the riff-raff standing in line to sign up to attack the town.

Bill 'O better drill and expose B. Hussein O. while he has the chance since no one else in the media has so far.
      09-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
spongeWorthy
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbimmer View Post
Oh yeah, a real man of his word.

B. Hussein O. broke his agreement with McCain about campaign financing and decided to decline public funding because so many Leftists decided to throw their money away to elect a Marxist, Leninist candidate who hangs out with domestic terrorists, racist pastors, political gangsters, and slumlords for POTUS.

The company that B.O. keeps reminds me of that seen in "Blazing Saddles" of all the riff-raff standing in line to sign up to attack the town.

Bill 'O better drill and expose B. Hussein O. while he has the chance since no one else in the media has so far.
you sound like a real bigot when you emphasize his middle name.

this preemptively negates any silly argument you regurgitate from rush limbaugh before you begin.
      09-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
Kokanator135
Private First Class

Drives: '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeWorthy View Post

this preemptively negates any silly argument you regurgitate from rush limbaugh before you begin.

Kokanator135 is offline   United_States
      09-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #8
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
I bet Sen McCain changes his mind about it (assuming he can) before it is over since I think the Palin selection will bring in the big bucks.
What was the exact agreement between Sen McCain and Sen Obama? Please post a link I'd be curious to see if anything was concrete about either of their statements.
Here is a quote I found that Sen Obama wrote to a questionaire:
Also, in response to a questionnaire in November from the Midwest Democracy Network, a group of nonpartisan government oversight groups, Obama said: "Senator John McCain has already pledged to accept this fundraising pledge. If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election."

It's too late for McCain to change his mind of funding, and he would not change it anyway since he is the true man of his word in this election.
      09-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #9
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:

You sound like the real bigot by insinuating that there may be something wrong with having the name Hussein.

Oh yeah, we just got rid of a president named Hussein.
      09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #10
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanator135 View Post
Clap this.
      09-04-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
JME
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:

I have a feeling he really doesn't care about any of this, he is just stirring up the pot. Which is why he's been on my ignore list for awhile.

Speakign of which, could you stop quoting him? I can't ignore your quotes and I'd rather not be distracted by his jibber jabber.
      09-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

^^^^ LOL and +1000 on not quoting the old "ramble rouser" (sic) as it defeats the ignore function
      09-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #13
jeremyc74
Banned

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbimmer View Post
You sound like the real bigot by insinuating that there may be something wrong with having the name Hussein.

Oh yeah, we just got rid of a president named Hussein.

Anyone who feels the need to type every single word in bold doesn't even deserve to have their opinion read.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
      09-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
BForbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post
I have a feeling he really doesn't care about any of this, he is just stirring up the pot. Which is why he's been on my ignore list for awhile.

Speakign of which, could you stop quoting him? I can't ignore your quotes and I'd rather not be distracted by his jibber jabber.
I agree! EVERYONE PLEASE DONT QUOTE STEELERBIMMER. He is on several of our ignore lists. Its one thing to disagree with someone but to be blatantly disrespectful every chance you get is ridiculous.
      09-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
jbenington86
Major

Drives: 2008 128i, 2015 M235i(Ordered)

Garage List
2015 M235i (On Boat)  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
i stopped talking about politics on this forum for some obvious reasons.....its full of left wing nuts.....and the main thing i dont get a bunch of left wing nuts should be buying a prius saving the earth not buying a gas guzzling 135i..well maybe not gas guzzling but still not by any means great
jbenington86 is offline   United_States
      09-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #16
BForbes

Obvious reasons such as you didnt want to be stereotypical?? Just b/c you are on one side dosent mean you fully believe in 100% of their views.
      09-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #17
spongeWorthy
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME View Post

lol, point taken.
      09-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #18
spongeWorthy
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
i stopped talking about politics on this forum for some obvious reasons.....its full of left wing nuts.....and the main thing i dont get a bunch of left wing nuts should be buying a prius saving the earth not buying a gas guzzling 135i..well maybe not gas guzzling but still not by any means great
if i were to prescribe to your thinking, i would just dismiss you as a right wing nut, and wonder what the hell you're doing on here because you should be on a domestic automaker forum complaining about refilling your SUV, while salivating over the new camaro.
      09-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #19
jbenington86
Major

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Obvious reasons such as you didnt want to be stereotypical?? Just b/c you are on one side dosent mean you fully believe in 100% of their views.

so let me ask what you are in favor of that they offer?.....higher taxes all around on damn near everything from paychecks to businesss.... making the government bigger (if you want ill refer you to the obama page for this one) making it the sole reason for taking more taxes from you...

ill steal something from the gulliani

"On the other hand, you have a resume from a gifted man with an Ivy League education," Giuliani said of Obama. "He worked as a community organizer, and immersed himself in Chicago machine politics. Then he ran for the state legislature, where nearly 130 times he was unable to make a decision yes or no. He simply voted 'present.'"

Giuliani said he was never afforded such a luxury as mayor of New York City and Obama is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he can take that kind of cavalier approach into the White House.

"When you're President of the United States, you can't just vote 'present,

Giuliani also intimated that Obama is a politician who changes his position to suit his own interests.

"How many times have we seen Barack Obama do that? Obama was going to take public financing for his campaign, until he didn't. Obama was against wiretapping before he voted for it. When speaking to a pro-Israel group, Obama favored an undivided Jerusalem, until the very next day when he changed his mind.

"I hope for his sake, Joe Biden got that VP thing in writing."

AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON
      09-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #20
jbenington86
Major

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
if i were to prescribe to your thinking, i would just dismiss you as a right wing nut, and wonder what the hell you're doing on here because you should be on a domestic automaker forum complaining about refilling your SUV, while salivating over the new camaro.

kinda funny...why domestic? i worked for a company that made parts for hondas in America.....not every single part of a car is made in a certain country...now looks like you need a business lesson

oh and i would never drive an SUV because i dont need to iv never required the use of a vehicle that large....while yet most people drive them just because they can
      09-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #21
jbenington86
Major

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
So you did not find the agreement?
defiantly not trying to get in your little bit about producing that report but I heard it on the news one day

my big beef with obama is he doesnt say what he thinks...and it shows by how many times he chnages his position...so personally i dont know what he think there for.... I am not behind him
      09-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #22
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
defiantly not trying to get in your little bit about producing that report but I heard it on the news one day

my big beef with obama is he doesnt say what he thinks...and it shows by how many times he chnages his position...so personally i dont know what he think there for.... I am not behind him
Show me a politician that says what he thinks and I'll believe in Santa and baby jebus again too. And McCain has changed his position on so many issues since 2000 that it's amazing he knows which way is up. Funny thing is, the McCain of 2000 was a lot more appealing to many people than today's version.