BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

OneEighty

09-02-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
BForbes
Bahamas

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

McCain campaign upset with CNN b/c of this:

As per CNN they pulled their interview with Larry King Live tonight because of this interview:

I dont even like Campbell Brown but I dont think she was in the wrong.
      09-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States

Drives: E92 M3

yeah, i officially like any news anchor that whips politician's asses... even if it happens to be a minion.

for tv, that was epic pwnage!

nobody ever hammers obama though... i guess we as white america are still scared of the race card
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
3toM
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport

yeah, she was a bit harsh. Definitely reinforces the stereotype that most media are liberal. On the other hand, she had a good point and the interviewee wasn't answering the question. He should have given just some generic answer and said he would get back to her with more details.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #4
xa-coupe
Wannabe

Drives:

I hate two things ..
One : Indignant media snivellers who have never done anything and feel they have the right to act like they know it all.
Two: People that won't answer the question.

As 3to1 said, he should have just told her he would have to get back to her. The question was dumb but the guy just dropped the ball and didn't use it back on her.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
Heinzftw
Major

Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Wow that guy to brutally rocked! I sadly do see how liberal that whole interview was though....

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #6
penny
Captain
United_States

Drives: '08 135i (sold)

IMHO, that's how news TV should be. No politically correct bs.
      09-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
BForbes
Bahamas

I dont know. I dont even think Campbell Brown likes Obama. During the primaries she would spin everything positive that happened to him in favor to Hillary...I mean EVERYTHING. I'm not sure about the whole media-liberal-bit. I've seen the press hit Obama's supporters hard too. Its been a long 18months. The press just feels it has some catching up to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post

nobody ever hammers obama though... i guess we as white america are still scared of the race card
I dont know Scotty. I've been glued to the TV for the past 18months...and just one network. Obama's surrogates werent hammered as hard as this in the beginning. Half way through they were getting it though and acted accordingly. Lucky for him they didnt act like newbies. They spun the experience argument towards judgement. I'm trying to find the link of interview on FOX(republican) news where another McCain surrogate slipped up. Its really hard for these men/women to make a solid case for her. 18mil+ made their case for Obama.
      09-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

^^ + 1. There needs to be much more of this type of press scrutiny of the hypocrisy of both sides of the political spectrum. And setting aside party labels that's all this interview was about--exposing hypocrisy--one side made a big deal about the inexperience of the other side's candidate then with a straight face proceeded to nominate an equally inexperienced candidate, and got called on it by the reporter.
      09-03-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
Call
Call
United_States

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
I dont know. I dont even think Campbell Brown likes Obama. During the primaries she would spin everything positive that happened to him in favor to Hillary...I mean EVERYTHING. I'm not sure about the whole media-liberal-bit. I've seen the press hit Obama's supporters hard too. Its been a long 18months. The press just feels it has some catching up to do.

I dont know Scotty. I've been glued to the TV for the past 18months...and just one network. Obama's surrogates werent hammered as hard as this in the beginning. Half way through they were getting it though and acted accordingly. Lucky for him they didnt act like newbies. They spun the experience argument towards judgement. I'm trying to find the link of interview on FOX(republican) news where another McCain surrogate slipped up. Its really hard for these men/women to make a solid case for her. 18mil+ made their case for Obama.
I have to agree with you...finally! What would we do without the Republican Fox Network...at least we have one channel that gives both sides of the issue...and it takes a fair & balanced Republican channel to do it. Maybe with all that hope & change that's going around some of it will get caught up at the other networks...before they go by the Edsel.

Fox's owner even came out for Hillary and has openly said he didn't support McCain...too old:biggrin: That Ruppert can't take a joke...what is he 80-something?

Oh, and those 18 million that made their case for Obama...don't forget those 18 million that voted for Hillary. Obama has to be one of the luckiest guys on the planet. Just think, if Edwards had gotten caught before the Primary started Hillary would have received the DNC nomination last week. That poor girl has had one man after another stand in the way of her Presidency of the US.

Call
      09-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
BForbes
Bahamas

^^^Haha...well it does happen to be raining outside. What are your thoughts on this? :

Prominent GOP's thrashing Palin:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ng-palin-pick/

I'm just asking since you amongst others on here seem to believe Palin is perfect. I never claimed Obama is. The man has many faults. Elaborate if you will.
      09-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States

I want Obama to be personally hammered. I am going to have to wait for McCain to do it personally

I cannot wait for the debates. I think he is gonna school McCain with his charisma and quick whit. McCain needs to show me something.

The youtube clip really mirrors what I feel right now. The whole point of voting McCain is to not go with a gimmeck. Now he has got a gag VP.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #12
BForbes
Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post
I want Obama to be personally hammered. I am going to have to wait for McCain to do it personally

I cannot wait for the debates. I think he is gonna school McCain with his charisma and quick whit. McCain needs to show me something.

The youtube clip really mirrors what I feel right now. The whole point of voting McCain is to not go with a gimmeck. Now he has got a gag VP.
Explain the gimmick if you dont mind? I'm a bit confused.
      09-03-2008, 10:22 PM   #13
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Explain the gimmick if you dont mind? I'm a bit confused.
She's an unknown, a social conservative, and most importantly, a woman.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #14
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States

spanky for posting before I could

your quick on the draw
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #15
Call
Call
United_States

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Quote:
^^^Haha...well it does happen to be raining outside. What are your thoughts on this? :

Prominent GOP's thrashing Palin:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ng-palin-pick/

I'm just asking since you amongst others on here seem to believe Palin is perfect. I never claimed Obama is. The man has many faults. Elaborate if you will.
I went back and read every post I made on this board concerning Palin. No where will you find I said she was perfect. Maybe your mind is playing games and you just wish I had said that.

I will say this, "Why is it okay for you to think highly of the person you support and it isn't okay for me to feel good about the person I support? That's your choice and I have mine. I am happy that you have someone to be proud of but I can't help but wonder why you feel you need to try to tear down one candidate to lift up another. Each should be able to stand on their own. Maybe you really have doubts about your candidate...I know I don't have any doubts about mine.

I'll be glad to discuss the real issues if you wish one at a time but let's not jump around, let's stick with one issue at a time, that way you won't get confused.

As for the open mike thing...the Republican Party is a big tent. We come to the debate with varying opinions but in the end we support eachother and don't go home pissed we didn't get our way! The needs of the many outweights the needs of the one...Country First

Call
      09-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #16
JB135i
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

The only reason Fox News appears Republican leaning is because the other networks lean so hard left/Dem that when a Republican actually gets a fair shake or a balanced view it stands out.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
spongeWorthy
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
The only reason Fox News appears Republican leaning is because the other networks lean so hard left/Dem that when a Republican actually gets a fair shake or a balanced view it stands out.
LOL

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
BForbes
Bahamas

Quite a stark contrast between the uplifting positive and forward looking Democrat Convention and the hate filled, spitefull and condescending GOP effort. Also, odd that we heard actual plans and solutions from the DNC and soundbites and narratives from the GOP....POW, POW, 911, 911....etc.

Its interesting how it rallied up all the McCain supporters on here but disgusted so many people elsewhere. Bush's speechwriter manufactured the speech for her. Are you saying thats exactly what this country needs?? I'm surprised she didnt even mention a plan for health care. I mean her son does have special needs. I hope she was aware that independents were watching.
      09-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #19
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post

Fair and balanced all the way baby . . . (serious pawnage warning)

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/c...ewart-ann.html
      09-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
1er junkie
Lieutenant

Drives:

SAY WHAAAAT?
I only have 1 thing to say in response to the speech written/ this is what america needs:

EVERY politician has his/her speech written for them. End of story. In fact, it is written by a hand selected crew that has great literary skillz. Their speeches pwn, except when people fumble them up.
      09-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #21
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

its not that the speech was written, it was written by Bush's writer.

btw, its not EVERY politician. Bill writes his own.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
jbenington86
Major
United_States

Drives: 2008 128i, 2015 M235i(Ordered)

Garage List
2015 M235i (On Boat)  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
its not that the speech was written, it was written by Bush's writer.

btw, its not EVERY politician. Bill writes his own.
i want proof that it was written by bush's writer.... ill even accept a formal statment
Appreciate 0