BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

08-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #67
Call
Call

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

I've already posted my feelings on experience but I just want to go back to the posting of fact and fiction.

BForbes, the last time I called you on some of your incorrect facts you used the excuse you was in a hurry and just made a mistake. I took you at your word. Now you go and lay another egg with this dating of Obama's US Senate service starting in 2004. He took office after being sworn in on January 4, 2005. I will give you credit for posting where you got that information but you may consider changing where you get your information. I sure hope you have not formed any other opinions from information from that source.

I can't help but add from my perspective, I'd have to believe the good folks in Alaska got more of their money's worth from the time Palin has served as Governor actually being at work on a daily basis than the folks from the Great State of Illinois got from Obama's 143 days on the Senate payroll before he took off to run for President. And don't forget the Senate records reflect Obama was not actually on the job all those 143 days.

Call
      08-31-2008, 10:02 PM   #68
BForbes

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
I've already posted my feelings on experience but I just want to go back to the posting of fact and fiction.

BForbes, the last time I called you on some of your incorrect facts you used the excuse you was in a hurry and just made a mistake. I took you at your word. Now you go and lay another egg with this dating of Obama's US Senate service starting in 2004. He took office after being sworn in on January 4, 2005. I will give you credit for posting where you got that information but you may consider changing where you get your information. I sure hope you have not formed any other opinions from information from that source.

I can't help but add from my perspective, I'd have to believe the good folks in Alaska got more of their money's worth from the time Palin has served as Governor actually being at work on a daily basis than the folks from the Great State of Illinois got from Obama's 143 days on the Senate payroll before he took off to run for President. And don't forget the Senate records reflect Obama was not actually on the job all those 143 days.

Call
Call, every major news organization has said in print and on air that Barack Obama was elected in 2004. Since you want to get down the nitty gritty, Obama was elected in Nov. 2004 and sworn in on Jan 4, 2005. What are all these incorrect facts? It was one fact. Why dont you compose a list of all these incorrect facts you've called me out on and lets discuss their extreme relevance. I mixed up the years in which Obama served at the federal AND state level. Keep em coming. I can go all day with you. Lets just say that everything I've said was wrong..which it isnt. Lets assume every thing you've said is right. McCain should have no trouble beating Obama in 60+ days right? I cant wait!! I really cant.

Some Alaskans dont even have that much faith in her:

"Still, some Alaskans -- including a supporter of Palin's 2006 run for governor and a former staff member -- expressed reservations about the choice.
``She's not qualified, she doesn't have the judgment, to be next in line to the president of the United States,'' Larry Persily, who until June worked in the governor's Washington office as a congressional liaison, said in a phone interview yesterday.
A supporter of Palin's campaign for governor, Jim Whitaker, the Republican mayor of Fairbanks, also questioned Palin's readiness to serve as vice president in a phone interview yesterday.
`Avid Supporter'
Whitaker said that while he is ``still an avid supporter'' of Palin as governor, he will continue to back Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/a1uiw5tqp4em
      08-31-2008, 10:15 PM   #69
PA135i
Major

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Sarah Palin has an 80% approval rating in Alaska.
The Democratic Congress has an 18% approval rating.

Sen. Biden has never seen a Budget he didnt like. Nor has he seen a Government program he didnt like. I'm glad he takes the train home. Governor Palin put her corporate jet on ebay and took the proceeds and put it back into the State coffers. I cant wait until these two debate. My guess is Sarah Palin can tango.
PA135i is offline   United_States
      08-31-2008, 10:24 PM   #70
Call
Call

And a few other perspectives...some have posted:
1) Republican's need a new playbook - so I guess if Republicans had a new playbook...say...like the Democrats...but then wouldn't that make them Democrats:iono:

2) "...visual of McCain with Bush..." - as opposed to the visual of Obama with Biden? Obama preaches real change for America for over two years but once he gets the nomination sewed up picks that "Old white guy Biden" who has been around the Senate forever. Biden represents real change? I'm missing something here:iono:

3) Republicans need to be held accountable - as opposed to letting the Democrat controlled Senate & House get by without some accountability. I wonder why the poll ratings are in the single digits for Congress? Maybe somebody else thinks there is a lot of accountability due to the folks back home:iono:

What I see in a lot of these posts I reference is inconsistancy. The rules need to apply to all involved...both sides. Now that's a Fairness Doctrine I could live with:wink:

Call
      08-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #71
BForbes

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

It is incredibly interesting to me how you keep pounding the 143 days Obama served before deciding to run for President. You neglect the fact that the man is a laywer. He taught Constitutional law. When she was dreaming about sports casting Obama's interest wasnt entertainment. Laws just happens to be one of those itty bitty things that are make up the backbone of our society.

I really dont understand how you use this as a negative:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post

Judgment:
He goes into heavy debt to make it thru Harvard Law School, then turns down lucrative offers to join bigtime law firms that would have wiped away those debts overnight to become an activist community organizer in Chicago. Jessie Jackson has been doing that for 30 years without that kind of degree and is worth millions today.

I see it as a positive. He turned out just fine. Everything is not about money. I mean God forbid someone turn down lucrative offers to work in his community right!!

Once again: You are right and I'm wrong. Barack Obama sat up like a fat cat and did nothing at all in the Senate. I mean nothing at all. Zilch, squat, nada. John McCain and the second MOST experienced Republican, Sarah will trounce them in 60+ days.
      09-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #72
sadu77
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja325ci View Post
Sarah Palin has an 80% approval rating in Alaska.
The Democratic Congress has an 18% approval rating.

Sen. Biden has never seen a Budget he didnt like. Nor has he seen a Government program he didnt like. I'm glad he takes the train home. Governor Palin put her corporate jet on ebay and took the proceeds and put it back into the State coffers. I cant wait until these two debate. My guess is Sarah Palin can tango.
all harlots can tango. duh
Gray Poplar Trim
Nav system
Comfort access
Power/Heated seats
Sattelite radio
Ipod
Production number 398****
      09-01-2008, 12:15 AM   #73
Call
Call

The last time I looked Liberals didn't have any issues with harlots. If Palin is a harlot then your complaint is a moot point.

Call
      09-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #74
Call
Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
It is incredibly interesting to me how you keep pounding the 143 days Obama served before deciding to run for President. You neglect the fact that the man is a laywer. He taught Constitutional law. When she was dreaming about sports casting Obama's interest wasnt entertainment. Laws just happens to be one of those itty bitty things that are make up the backbone of our society.

I really dont understand how you use this as a negative:

I see it as a positive. He turned out just fine. Everything is not about money. I mean God forbid someone turn down lucrative offers to work in his community right!!

Once again: You are right and I'm wrong. Barack Obama sat up like a fat cat and did nothing at all in the Senate. I mean nothing at all. Zilch, squat, nada. John McCain and the second MOST experienced Republican, Sarah will trounce them in 60+ days.
Are you sure you want to go there? Since when did being a lawyer make anyone qualified to be President of the US? And he didn't teach Constitutional Law...he taught what he wanted Constitutional Law to be. And as for the backbone of our society...I support the premise the people of our society is the backbone. The Law can only be as strong as the people allow it. I do agree there is a part of our society that believes the people are only as strong as the Law allows it but surely you are not one of those:iono:

As for his community work...my point was he didn't have to go to law school to do that. Just what does a community organizer do? And if you believe his pastor even today that same community has gone to hell in a hand basket!

The only folks who have advanced out of that community has been Obama and his pastor. The poor are still poor...except Obama and his pastor who are both multimillionaires and no longer live in the community. So I guess he didn't turn down a lucrative offer after all.

I never look at our discussion as one losing and one winning. I would prefer we both win.

Call
      09-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #75
Call
Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Call, every major news organization has said in print and on air that Barack Obama was elected in 2004. Since you want to get down the nitty gritty, Obama was elected in Nov. 2004 and sworn in on Jan 4, 2005. What are all these incorrect facts? It was one fact. Why dont you compose a list of all these incorrect facts you've called me out on and lets discuss their extreme relevance. I mixed up the years in which Obama served at the federal AND state level. Keep em coming. I can go all day with you. Lets just say that everything I've said was wrong..which it isnt. Lets assume every thing you've said is right. McCain should have no trouble beating Obama in 60+ days right? I cant wait!! I really cant.

Some Alaskans dont even have that much faith in her:

"Still, some Alaskans -- including a supporter of Palin's 2006 run for governor and a former staff member -- expressed reservations about the choice.
``She's not qualified, she doesn't have the judgment, to be next in line to the president of the United States,'' Larry Persily, who until June worked in the governor's Washington office as a congressional liaison, said in a phone interview yesterday.
A supporter of Palin's campaign for governor, Jim Whitaker, the Republican mayor of Fairbanks, also questioned Palin's readiness to serve as vice president in a phone interview yesterday.
`Avid Supporter'
Whitaker said that while he is ``still an avid supporter'' of Palin as governor, he will continue to back Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/a1uiw5tqp4em
You must have thought they were relevant...you brought them up first, I didn't. And I'll take a pass on making a list of your missteps since they are right in front of you in this thread. I'll let you go back on your own to read what you responded to.

And as for me being right...I think the facts bare that out. You even agreed you misspoke because you got in a hurry. Look, I have no quarrel with your opinions...you don't have to be right to have an opinion; however, when you put something out as fact and we both know it is not, I'll take issue with you. The truth is the truth; it doesn't depend on anyone's opinion.

Oh, as you can see...I can go all day and all night so you are welcome to keep them coming, too:wink:

Call
      09-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #76
E82tt6
Colonel

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

I don't think I've heard any Palin fans comment yet on this:

She hasn't given much thought to the war in Iraq, in her own words. She doesn't believe in evolution.

That doesn't make you feel uncomfortable? I don't see how anyone could vote for a VP that "hasn't given much thought to the war in Iraq.". If she weren't a woman this would be front page news.
      09-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #77
PA135i
Major

I don't think I've heard any Obama fans comment yet on this:

Barack Obama has ties to William Ayers terrorist. Is also associated with a Reverend Wright who preaches "hate whitey". There are many others in previous threads.

That doesn't make you feel uncomfortable?
      09-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #78
ARES45
Major

Drives:

I am sure there are things that Palin has said that will come out against her, and her not giving a lot of thought on the Iraq War doesn't bother me really because that wasn't her job yet and any thought she had given to it previously would have been based on (most likely) what the media has filtered through. Giving thought to the war on a presidential level as opposed to a member of society is two different things. I have given thought to the war, but it hasn't changed anything. I had given thought to the war prior to joining this great military and as it turns out, things are a little different then the almighty T.V. tells us. So that statement doesn't bother me nearly as much as someone who would come into office with preconceived notions of how they will run the war in Iraq without even looking at information/intelligence that isn't available to the general public.

As for the evolution thing, thats fine too as long as she doesn't feel that is all that should be taught than she can believe what she wants. I thought that one of the news channels said she does a good job of representing what the people want and not necessarily her own views.

I am not sure that she is the best vp candidate, but those thing don't really bother me.
      09-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #79
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARES45 View Post
I am sure there are things that Palin has said that will come out against her, and her not giving a lot of thought on the Iraq War doesn't bother me really because that wasn't her job yet and any thought she had given to it previously would have been based on (most likely) what the media has filtered through. Giving thought to the war on a presidential level as opposed to a member of society is two different things. I have given thought to the war, but it hasn't changed anything. I had given thought to the war prior to joining this great military and as it turns out, things are a little different then the almighty T.V. tells us. So that statement doesn't bother me nearly as much as someone who would come into office with preconceived notions of how they will run the war in Iraq without even looking at information/intelligence that isn't available to the general public.

As for the evolution thing, thats fine too as long as she doesn't feel that is all that should be taught than she can believe what she wants. I thought that one of the news channels said she does a good job of representing what the people want and not necessarily her own views.

I am not sure that she is the best vp candidate, but those thing don't really bother me.
Well said brother... It is always easier to read and think objectively when people write what they feel about this race without adding any extra useless rhetoric. Your post is a clear, concise, and honest look at what it means to you and I appreciate it (even if I am in the middle leaning to left).
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
      09-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #80
ARES45
Major

Drives:

Thanks Adrean, this thread seems to have become about Obama than Palin, and I don't mind chipping in my opinion about her from time to time.

On a side note, my mother was uninterested in this election until they picked her as VP. She is mostly impressed with Palin's ability to be a mother of five and a wife to a working class man.

Another thing to add is that I would bet a mother of a deploying son has given much thought to the war in Iraq, unless he is deploying to afghanistan. It would be nice to see more politicians with a personal stake in this nations defense.
      09-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #81
Call
Call

These posts are beginning to make too much sense. Maybe some other common sense folks need to run for office...that sure would make for real change.

Call
      09-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #82
PA135i
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Seeing her son is leaving for Iraq Sep 11th, yes 10 days from today (do you recall that date?) I doubt she really has not thought about Iraq. Maybe she has not thought about the politics of Iraq but there is no doubt she has thought about the place. She was taking care of her state and honestly Iraq is likely a back burner issue other than wonder if her baby will be safe.
Your right. Thanks to the Surge that McCain pushed for almost by himself at the beginning, Iraq will likely become a back burner issue in the near future.
      09-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #83
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member

Drives: E92 M3

have you guys heard that Palin's 17 year old daughter is prego?

im guessing that since she it pro-life, they are going to have the kid!

wow, that throws a wrench into everything!

vp with great legs... hot

vp's 17 y.o daughter getting down... hotter!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/politics/20..._pregnant.html
ScottyGams is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #84
larryn
Major General

Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3

Question.. because I do not know... Is there precedence for a Presidential candidate to ditch an initial running mate for another? John's gotta be wondering the same thing ATM. Bad showing at the least. The Obama camp has to just be sitting back and watching all of this unfold...
larryn is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #85
larryn
Major General

Drives: '97 332ti, '10 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post
have you guys heard that Palin's 17 year old daughter is prego?

im guessing that since she it pro-life, they are going to have the kid!
She is going to have the baby, and Palin's been saying that her daughter is now getting married, according to yahoo news reports.
larryn is offline   United_States
      09-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #86
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
So enough of the pregnancy stuff, I believe the candidates' families should be allowed their privacy. After all, what does a pregnant 17 year old have to do with a presidential election?

Honestly, I'm not "for" either side of this race. I don't feel that either party has a good enough candidate.

However one thing that bothers me is the financial scandals that go on with these sort of people. I've just come across a Washington Post (somewhat left biased) that has me curious: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...of_embatt.html

The article basically says Palin was one of 3 directors of a group that was organized by Ted Stevens. The group was " a 527 group that could raise unlimited funds from corporate donor"

There's more to the story, but at least it's not about pregnancy!

09-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #87
PA135i
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
So enough of the pregnancy stuff, I believe the candidates' families should be allowed their privacy. After all, what does a pregnant 17 year old have to do with a presidential election?

Honestly, I'm not "for" either side of this race. I don't feel that either party has a good enough candidate.

However one thing that bothers me is the financial scandals that go on with these sort of people. I've just come across a Washington Post (somewhat left biased) that has me curious: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...of_embatt.html

The article basically says Palin was one of 3 directors of a group that was organized by Ted Stevens. The group was " a 527 group that could raise unlimited funds from corporate donor"

There's more to the story, but at least it's not about pregnancy!
I agree with you Skippy, even tho you are insane.:biggrin:

Here is another news item that I'm sure will be posted here.
Palin's husband 20 years ago was charged with a DUI.
After awhile this gets silly.
      09-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #88
Call
Call

The purpose of vetting someone who might be considered for the VP position is to discover anything and everything about that person. McCain has already indicated they knew all this stuff before he selected her as his running mate.

I actually think all this stuff coming out now will work more for the ticket than against it. Palin & family can identify more with the common people of America. Look, they have problems just like we do. Wasn't that what the Democrats were hoping for?

I, too, would like to be a fly on the wall in the Demo headquarters, "It's just not fair! The Republican's are copying our playbook...well, we are more common that they are:eyebulge:"

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up!

Call