BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

08-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #23
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep

Drives: to work, mostly.

Don't see what the big deal is. Palin has about the same amount of experience as BHO -- more, in fact, if you consider that she has executive experience which BHO definitely does not have.

She also has the advantage that she isn't a serial plagiarizer who was laughed out of the 1988 presidential election, for instance.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
RobLS
Major
Rep

Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Second in Miss Alaska beauty pageant . . . hmm wonder how long before nudies turn up on internet :thumbup:
Oh sorry, I laughed my ass off on this. If there happens to be nudies, she could be as popular as Bill Clinton, but in a better way.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #25
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

I couldn't help. ...heheh.. but notice McCain standing next to two hot babes. His wife and his veep. Everyday is better day now. wow.. and the Hilliary thing makes it perfect. BHO must have shit his pants when he heard the announcement. Kinda popped his Big Speech balloon in the news.

She is hot, just look. And has great legs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #26
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

The Republicans are spinning this just like everyone say they would. Barack has 8years in Congress and 3years in the House. I think he trounces her in experience.
      08-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #27
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

I know one thing for sure.
Palin will trounce Biden in the debates.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #28
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

^^I strongly disagree. She dosent really have any foreign relation experience. Biden is the chairman of the foreign relations committee. He has met and spoke with numerous dictators. He will make her look like she dosent know what she's talking about.
      08-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

Will Biden open his mouth during the debate? Thats big trouble for him. If he opens it. He loses. And she's been to see the troops in the middle east almost as many times as BHO.

I just cant contain myself here. What an absolute stroke of Genius to pick Palin. My new Slogan: Palin is perfect
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep

Drives: SWB 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
^^I strongly disagree. She dosent really have any foreign relation experience. Biden is the chairman of the foreign relations committee. He has met and spoke with numerous dictators. He will make her look like she dosent know what she's talking about.
To quote some of the right wing blogs - she's got more foreign policy experience as Governor of Alaska than BO does, what with Canada and Russia on the borders. ; -)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #31
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: -

Quote:
B, Doesn't matter about foreign policy experience when you got McCain at the head of the ticket. She'll learn under fire and gives this ticket something it never had - sex appeal. My god for a 44 year old with 5 kids...

You know I got to say at first I was baffled but this choice, but after I stopped googling her pictures, I got bored and read her bio. Some really impressive stuff in there, and if you like Obama, you still have to admit she's a self-made woman who despite strong conservative stances, has a history of working very well with both parties. True Biden has more experience than she does, but she's got executive on the job experience as jkp pointed out. After her speech today, she might have stolen some of the thunder of Obama's great speech.

It also is a win-win for Republicans. If McCain gets in, she's the heir. If not, she goes back to Alaska, runs the heck out of the state, comes back the favorite for 2012. Her and Bobby Jindal on a ticket would be just as big as Obama w/ Biden. Maybe I'm blinded by the hot-mom thing, but wow. McCain did his homework!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #32
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

^^^ What he said. Today was a slam dunk for McCain. BO's speech was watched by a huge audience and no press today. Almost nill. Wow.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #33
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Okay fellas. We shall see.
      08-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #34
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

well... it does kind of show that McCain is forming his campaign based on what the Democrats are doing.

I hate this choice, and the longest leadership experiance she has is being mayor of a town 5000 strong. When McCain is for whatever reason, unable to act as President, I do not feel comfortable with some nobody from ALaska running things.

Obama 08 I guess. I'm a student anyway, so I won't get my balls taxed off.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #35
PA135i
Major
United_States
Rep

And I do not feel comfortable with some nobody from Illinois with zero experience being THE President.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #36
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

"I haven't given much thought to Iraq."

Doesn't "believe in Evolution".

What was McCain thinking? I CANNOT believe he would pick someone this idiotic, when he had such great choices available.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #37
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82TT6 View Post
"I haven't given much thought to Iraq."

Doesn't "believe in Evolution".

What was McCain thinking? I CANNOT believe he would pick someone this idiotic, when he had such great choices available.
This was a gift to the Democratic party. McCain really underestimated women this time.

Seriously, I dont buy the argument that Obama is unexperienced. There is a difference between the Democratic ticket having a ''so-called" unexperience candidate and a Republican ticket having one. 18,000,000+ American's voted for Barack Obama. They believe he is experienced. One man, John McCain, chose his unexperienced candidate. There is a big difference. McCain has met her once prior to choosing her to be Vice President. Most of my close friends are Republicans and they're saying WTF! I am all for a woman in power but this is incredibly scary and will turn out to be a bad move. Just watch.

Palin praises Obama's energy plan:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...9/1304936.aspx
      08-29-2008, 11:21 PM   #38
sadu77
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives:

She will be used as a stepping stone for drilling in Alaska. F'ing republicans up to the same old crap. wake up suckers.
Gray Poplar Trim
Nav system
Comfort access
Power/Heated seats
Sattelite radio
Ipod
Production number 398****
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #39
jkp1187
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Joe Biden's been in the Senate since John McCain was a "guest" in Hanoi.

What has he actually done there?

Any Senator can become chairman of a committee. You just have to sit in a chair long enough to "accomplish" that, and since he's been in the Senate since 1972, he's done a lot of chair-sitting. But do you recall his bold leadership on, well, anything?

Do you recall his bold leadership on...Afghanistan? Iraq? Anything?

Face it: he's just another empty suit from the party machine. Obama would've been better-served with someone like Jim Webb (who has real security experience) or Casey (who would've had cross-ideological appeal).

I have never been impressed with Joe Biden. He is an intellectual lightweight who mostly just toes the party line.

(Except on banking issues, naturally. He's always been solidly in the pocket of the Delaware-based banks....)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:02 AM   #40
jkp1187
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Palin praises Obama's energy plan:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...9/1304936.aspx
That shows she clearly doesn't know what she's talking about if she endorses such a half-witted plan, right?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #41
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Quote:
The Republicans are spinning this just like everyone say they would. Barack has 8years in Congress and 3years in the House. I think he trounces her in experience.
BForbes, I'm all grown up now:wink:

Now about that spin you were talking about. It's spin when you attempt to mislead with 1/2 thruths and refuse to talk about the question at hand. Speaking the truth about the question at hand is called...speaking the truth.

You indicate Barack has 8 years in Congress and 3 years in the House. Please give me a break. His political experience is well documented and discussed so I'll have to assume you meant to mislead or just lie about it.

He was a member of the Illinois Senate from the 13th District from 1-8-97 to 11-4-04; elected to the US Senate from the state of Illinois and took office 1-4-05. Was a member of the US Senate for a total of 143 days when he announced he was running for President. He does have a hell of a lot of experience in running for President.

And for comparison of experience I believe he is running for President. Compare his experience with John MaCain's who is also running for President.

And for the record I think this experience angle isn't nearly as important. What good is a person's long time experience when they were doing it wrong the whole time? Just about everyone in the Senate and House have been there like forever and look at the mess they have this country in.

We need a lot of new blood Democrats and Republicans if we are to see real change...change in the way things have been done in the past. Let the Federal government do the things it was established to do and get out of the things they have no business in to begin with.

Call
      08-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #42
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
BForbes, I'm all grown up now:wink:

Now about that spin you were talking about. It's spin when you attempt to mislead with 1/2 thruths and refuse to talk about the question at hand. Speaking the truth about the question at hand is called...speaking the truth.

You indicate Barack has 8 years in Congress and 3 years in the House. Please give me a break. His political experience is well documented and discussed so I'll have to assume you meant to mislead or just lie about it.

He was a member of the Illinois Senate from the 13th District from 1-8-97 to 11-4-04; elected to the US Senate from the state of Illinois and took office 1-4-05. Was a member of the US Senate for a total of 143 days when he announced he was running for President. He does have a hell of a lot of experience in running for President.

And for comparison of experience I believe he is running for President. Compare his experience with John MaCain's who is also running for President.

And for the record I think this experience angle isn't nearly as important. What good is a person's long time experience when they were doing it wrong the whole time? Just about everyone in the Senate and House have been there like forever and look at the mess they have this country in.

We need a lot of new blood Democrats and Republicans if we are to see real change...change in the way things have been done in the past. Let the Federal government do the things it was established to do and get out of the things they have no business in to begin with.

Call
Assume what you want. I really couldnt care less. I found a nice break down of our experienced Presidents of the past:

Since everyone seems to know that Barack Obama has no governmental experience, I thought it would be illustrative to compare him to some other presidential candidates in the past.

George W. Bush: At time of his election in 2000, total of 6 years experience in government, all state.

John Edwards: Total of 6 years experience in government, all federal.

Ronald Reagan: At time of his election in 1980, total of 8 years experience in government, all state.

Jimmy Carter: At time of his election in 1976, total of 10 years experience in government, all state.

John F. Kennedy: At time of his election in 1960, total of 12 years experience in government, all federal.

Richard Nixon: At time of his election in 1968, total of 12 years experience in government, all federal.

Barack Obama: Total of 12 years experience in government, both state and federal.

Bill Clinton: At time of his election in 1992, total of 14 years experience in government, all state.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: At time of his election in 1932, total of 14 years experience in government, both state and federal.

As you can see, he has significantly more experience than four prominent candidates of the past, and about the same amount of experience as four others. People keep saying that criticizing his lack of experience is a reasonable thing to do. Well, it might be reasonable -- if it were actually based on the facts. In actuality, however, it is not.

Why must you assume that I meant to mislead and lie? I was in a rush and made an obvious error. Obama's current position is definitely not in the House of Representatives; although I couldve meant the upper house. 143 days in the Senate does not bother me. You act as if after that 143 days, he stopped every single task as a Senator do start running for President. So much for having a respectful convo without some automatically having the illest of assumptions b/c I sit on the opposite side of the political fence. Whatever man. IMHO, while experience is a strong point, its absolute shit without good judgement. Picking Palin was another bad judgement call. Just wait and see. McCain will lose. Be prepared to cry about it.
      08-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #43
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

So, you choose to link judgment and experience with Obama. Let's take a look at that for what it's worth. No spin just a few facts.
Experience:
EIGHT TOTAL years as a State & US Senator. Keep in mind in Illinois the legislature does not meet year round...only a few months out of the year. Those 143 days he was on the US Senate payroll before he announced he was running for President...it's a matter of record most of those days the Senate did little more than show up in time to take a two hour lunch and get back in time to vote for some bill recognizing someone for their accomplishments. If you think that kind of experience gets you qualified for President...well that's fine with me that you feel that way...I don't.

The executive experience that many of those on your list had as Governor do more to prepare someone for President. Being a US Senator or Congressman does little to prepare you for the Executive Branch of Government.

Judgment:
He goes into heavy debt to make it thru Harvard Law School, then turns down lucrative offers to join bigtime law firms that would have wiped away those debts overnight to become an activist community organizer in Chicago. Jessie Jackson has been doing that for 30 years without that kind of degree and is worth millions today.

Do I need to bring up the kind of people he has associated with of very questionable character...to be so kind on my part?

His voting record in the State & US Senate seems to reflect he can't make his mind up when the roll call begins...voting present doesn't take much judgment.

Bottom line for me is I could care less about his experience or lack thereof...I don't agree with his stance on most of the issues that are so important for all Americans...today.

Call
      08-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #44
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

nice stats BF

i never knew that Obama has been around for a while...

It seems like my choices are neutral and worse...

Anything is better than Bush!
Appreciate 0