BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

08-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #67
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
Have you ever heard of the term "straw man"? Where in my previous post did I EVER say that I wanted to elect someone based on their race??? I was merely voicing my feeling that I witnessed something historic (which I attributed by the way to him being a minority and did NOT specify which) and that as a African-American male (a minority BTW) I felt moved from watching history. Was it a negative thing...heck no....I felt moved on 9/11 as well and that WAS negative.

Colin Powell: Told his wife he would do one term of public office outside of the military and then spend the rest of the time with her and family...no need to pontificate on that one.

Condi Rice: Qualified but part of the "perceived" problem with the White House now...she would NEVER get elected...no need to dwell on that as well.
I would say more but it is late, I am tired and have to get up early for another 120deg. day. Good Night and Good Luck.

I look at the qualifications of the person running for POTUS, and without pontification, Colin Powell is qualified and so is Condi Rice to at least qualify based on character, experience, and past accomplisments.

Obambi is not a legit candidate either by character, experience nor past accomplishments.

Anyone, not saying that you do, votes for anyone mostly based on race is not putting the interests of the counrty first.

Obambi, as with all of us, should be judged not only by what we do, but also with whom we associate.

He has had some very bad characters as close associates, and he knew it.

The chance for his past to come back and haunt him and the country is too great for him to carry the nuclear football.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #68
BForbes
Bahamas

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbimmer View Post
I look at the qualifications of the person running for POTUS, and without pontification, Colin Powell is qualified and so is Condi Rice to at least qualify based on character, experience, and past accomplisments.

Obambi is not a legit candidate either by character, experience nor past accomplishments.

Anyone, not saying that you do, votes for anyone mostly based on race is not putting the interests of the counrty first.

Obambi, as with all of us, should be judged not only by what we do, but also with whom we associate.

The chance for his past to come back and haunt him and the country is too great for him to carry the nuclear football.
If what your saying is so right and blatantly obvious John McCain should have no problem whatsover. Experience without good judgement is worthless. Ahhh...we shall see in November now wont we. :wink:
      08-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #69
Heinzftw
Major

Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

The speech tonight was absolutely amazing. I look forward to next weeks convention to see how the republicans roll out.

-█--------█-
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #70
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:

Your opinion and I respect that. What I DO NOT respect is you continuously called Senator Obama out of his name. It is disrespectful, childish, and once AGAIN asinine. You don't have to like anyone, but unless they have done something to you or your family personally they all deserve RESPECT:respekt:. I just don't get that part...the rest is just politics and opinion but the rest....:iono::iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #71
BForbes
Bahamas

Last night was EPIC!!! Wow...oh wow. I had a few Republican friends call me up.

^^I agree with you Adrean8j..he needs to grow up and start calling them by his real name. I stopped reading ''Steelerbimmers" post a while ago. When I see the bold print and "Obambi" I scroll down past it. I'm sure others do it as well.
      08-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #72
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Last night was EPIC!!! Wow...oh wow. I had a few Republican friends call me up.

^^I agree with you Adrean8j..he needs to grow up and start calling them by his real name. I stopped reading ''Steelerbimmers" post a while ago. When I see the bold print and "Obambi" I scroll down past it. I'm sure others do it as well.

My, my you Nobambi groupies are so emotional with your glorification of a guy who does not qualify to be anything more than what he is now.

Even that, may be above his pay grade.

A community organizer, call it what it really was, a ramble rouser with no real accomplishments even in that role.

If one has little or no meaningful relevant experience to be POTUS, then all that is left is to judge that person by the company they have kept for the past 30 years.

In Nobambi's case, he sat at the feet of an extreme Leftist form his days in Hawaii and studied the communist writings of Sol Alinsky and all through his adult life starting with Revs. Wrong, & Flagrant, and his good pal Bill Ayers and his fellow terrorist wife and a convicted fauding slumlord in Rezko.

Oh yeah, a real peach of a guy that Nobambi is along with a wife who says that America is a down right mean country, and that she is just now proud of America, and she said it on two occasions so no misspeak there.

Nobambi, qualified for POTUS?

No! No! No!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #73
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

McCain picks Sarah Palin for GOP VP.

I like Mitt but Palin will do just fine.

For all you Dem fems out there, how do you like the GOP now?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #74
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Your opinion and I respect that. What I DO NOT respect is you continuously called Senator Obama out of his name. It is disrespectful, childish, and once AGAIN asinine. You don't have to like anyone, but unless they have done something to you or your family personally they all deserve RESPECT:respekt:. I just don't get that part...the rest is just politics and opinion but the rest....:iono::iono:

Respect must be earned not blindly given due to one's position.

Nobambi has shown poor judgement in his Leftists views, racist and American hating friends, and a wife who has a major chip on her shoulders about America.

I could appropriately refer to Nobambi by many other terms, but Nobambi is the most polite one for now.

Soon it may change to has-been, never-was, wanna-be, and also-ran.

But for now, Nobambi seems quite appropriate.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #75
roldan
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '08 135i

Send a message via AIM to roldan
I think a lot of that is a bid to pick up Hillary supporters, who are almost certainly too smart to vote Republican just to see a woman in the VP position - I'm interested to hear what she has to say about Palin.

After watching Obama's phenomenal speech last night, I can't believe that McCain could even come close to building that level of enthusiasm. I think Obama did a great job of pushing back on a lot of the accusations leveled against him and made a lot of good criticisms without seeming petty. A friend of mine was interning on the speechwriting team and was on the field there - I called him up and he said the energy was amazing as he shouted over the fireworks.

Steelerbimmer, I can't tell if you're serious or trolling. You're either doing a great satire Steven Colbert-style, or, well, I'm not really sure.:iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:16 AM   #76
BForbes
Bahamas

I think the GOP just put their foot in their mouth. Its obvious that he is going after Hillary's voters. What if something happens to 72yr old John McCain. Is this woman ready to be commander in chief? She is 44yr and have 5 children. Sadly, one of them is an infant with down syndrome. Lets not forget that she has only been in office as Governor for 2006. This is not good IMHO.
      08-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #77
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant

Drives: -

1. I have to admit, I liked the speech last night. He might have swayed me but a couple things stuck out. Obama was A LITTLE out of line saying John McCain wouldn't follow Osama to the cave he lives in. Really? Looking at the guy, if he could still be a solider, he would be there. Seemed a little wrong to me, especially since McCain always seems two steps away from a rage-induced GTA-like spree. The other thing is he DID make his case but if he wants to start all these programs and cut taxes to 95% of working families, how's he going to pay for all of it?

2. McCain's choice would be more important than Obama's because of his age. People said it, this is playing to Hilary fans, but why chose someone who has less experience and undercut your central theme of experience? At least if he strolled out Romney/Rudy, you could say "Here's the tested ticked." She seems like a good choice any other time, but sometimes you have to play to you opponent, and this rips out some pages of your playbook.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #78
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
Quote:
Respect must be earned not blindly given due to one's position.

Nobambi has shown poor judgement in his Leftists views, racist and American hating friends, and a wife who has a major chip on her shoulders about America.

I could appropriately refer to Nobambi by many other terms, but Nobambi is the most polite one for now.

Soon it may change to has-been, never-was, wanna-be, and also-ran.

But for now, Nobambi seems quite appropriate.
I guess we should call Mccain: Mcstain, Mcpain, Mcsame, Mclame, Mcshame??? :iono:

Respect is always given first until disrespected. So does that mean if you met someone and started a conversation you would start calling them out of their name because you dont respect them yet?:iono: That does not make sense. You show me how doing it the way you are doing it is mature and grown up? Even Mr. Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush dont do it Sir.....and they are pretty right-wing arent they???:iono:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #79
1er junkie
Lieutenant

Drives:

Seriously? Are you guys really arguing over this? Speeches are just that. Words with no meanings. You can promise change, hell, I could make a speech in front of a crowd claiming to be a raging psychopath that eats babies. People would be in an uproar, and go balistic. But at the end of the day, do I eat babies? Am I a psychopath? No. I know that since all of you posting on this topic are naturally inclined to be politically fit, then you know the exact percentage of what a president says will actually get done in office? Well I will give you a hint. The highest peaks were in 1952 and 1972. Anyone??? if you answer over 20 percent. You are wrong. 18 percent anyone??? Wrong again. the PEAK was 15 percent. On average, less than 10% of what a president says they will do actually happens. SO lets break this down into a simple formula:

You take an infinite number of promises, then multiply it by .10 and that is the amount you will actually see happen. SO lets say they say They will : Help out the housing market and Stop the war in Iraq. Ok, so, 2 promises. Well guess what? There is a significant chance that neither of those will happen. In fact, there is less than a 20% chance that EITHER of those will happen.

If you want to see change, go on a diet and go to the gym. The changes you see there will happen in 1/8 the time it will take for one bill to go through.

My point here is go on and debate. I don't like either candidate. The promises they are making have been said multiple times over the past century from multiple candidates. SO, what makes you think that Obama OR McCain can make it happen this time?

I wish my life ran on hopes and dreams too, because I would have a car that ran on willpower and a toilet that would wipe my ass for me.
      08-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #80
BForbes
Bahamas

^^Wow so negative. We are not idiots. We know that only a small percent of it actually materializes. We are just debating what was said and what wasnt. Some presidents actually do come through with what they are saying. Not everything they promise is impossible. Many of us what to see a change in party. There is a 50% chance its going to happen and we are going for it. Many of us dont want see a change in party....there is also a 50% chance it will happen. Enjoy your friday!
      08-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #81
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
FYI -- you don't even need to bother scrolling past his posts. Just add him to the ignore list like I did (first poster to receive that honor on this board) when he persisted with his ad hominem attacks. Not to mention the pain involved in trying to work through his 5th grade spelling/grammar. Wouldn't be surprised if he got banned soon anyway.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629
      08-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #82
BForbes
Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
Obama was A LITTLE out of line saying John McCain wouldn't follow Osama to the cave he lives in. Really? Looking at the guy, if he could still be a solider, he would be there. Seemed a little wrong to me, especially since McCain always seems two steps away from a rage-induced GTA-like spree. The other thing is he DID make his case but if he wants to start all these programs and cut taxes to 95% of working families, how's he going to pay for all of it?
Slick have you heard the stuff McCain says about Obama?? Sheesh. He is absolutely right. McCain seemed adamant to go to Iraq immediately 9-11. Afghanistan absolutely got the shaft and it still is. Thats basically what I got out of it.

Obama did say how he was going to pay for it. Nixing all those loop holes. Things tend to be a bit easier when were not blowing 12billion a month in Iraq. Those Iraqi's had it made. The U.S. army pays more for oil over there than their citizens. Its disgusting man.
      08-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #83
1er junkie
Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
^^Wow so negative. We are not idiots. We know that only a small percent of it actually materializes. We are just debating what was said and what wasnt. Some presidents actually do come through with what they are saying. Not everything they promise is impossible. Many of us what to see a change in party. There is a 50% chance its going to happen and we are going for it. Many of us dont want see a change in party....there is also a 50% chance it will happen. Enjoy your friday!
I could tell you are not idiots, lol. But it seems people are basing their votes on speeches and presentations. Which is nice. But people need to look inside of the candidates, which sounds stupid, but neither one seems like presidential material. And I posted that so people would stop saying, " He promised this" and ," He said that". Just pick you you think is the better person. I don't even think there should be political debates. What is there to debate about? We know their views, so pick whatever one you think is the best man for the job and vote. I dont care why you think McCain should be in office or why Obama will change the world.

I am far from negative, each day is a blessing. We wake up and breathe freely, we are typing each other from opposite ends on the US for goodness sake. There are countries where they can't even visit relatives 100 miles away to see if they are okay. I just hate people bickering over these little things.

People should stop making up names and claiming that people are too old or that other candidates are not ready to be in office. I respect everyones decision and dont think they should be bashed. Obviously, if you are choosing a candidate, you like them. I give you respekt for that.

So, if you are reading this and actually finished reading my paragraphs, I hope everyone has a nice and harmonious friday. AND, enjoy driving your 1!!!!!!!!
      08-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #84
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
I guess we should call Mccain: Mcstain, Mcpain, Mcsame, Mclame, Mcshame??? :iono:

Respect is always given first until disrespected. So does that mean if you met someone and started a conversation you would start calling them out of their name because you dont respect them yet?:iono: That does not make sense. You show me how doing it the way you are doing it is mature and grown up? Even Mr. Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Rush dont do it Sir.....and they are pretty right-wing arent they???:iono:

Not everyone I meet is trying to run for POTUS and carry the nuclear football.

So yes, in this case respect must be earned and Nobambi has done zippo to have earned that from me.

You are still free in this greatest of countries, until the Left takes over, to call anyone anything especially public figures and even more so those trying to run the free world.

So have at it my friend and let's see how entertaining and relevant it will be.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #85
1er junkie
Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
Slick have you heard the stuff McCain says about Obama?? Sheesh. He is absolutely right. McCain seemed adamant to go to Iraq immediately 9-11. Afghanistan absolutely got the shaft and it still is. Thats basically what I got out of it.

Obama did say how he was going to pay for it. Nixing all those loop holes. Things tend to be a bit easier when were not blowing 12billion a month in Iraq. Those Iraqi's had it made. The U.S. army pays more for oil over there than their citizens. Its disgusting man.
+1, I think we should stop GIVING our money to another country, especially when ours is in such hard times. I also dont think that we should be giving oil companies grants. Instead of practically giving them money, we should take that set amount of 'X' dollars and divide it up into appx. amounts per barrel of oil to help with the purchasing cost.
      08-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #86
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
FYI -- you don't even need to bother scrolling past his posts. Just add him to the ignore list like I did (first poster to receive that honor on this board) when he persisted with his ad hominem attacks. Not to mention the pain involved in trying to work through his 5th grade spelling/grammar. Wouldn't be surprised if he got banned soon anyway.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8629

Aw, typical of an Nobambi groupie trying to shut down the freedom of speech because the arguments hit home.

Just like your messiah Nobambi who is trying to shut down Larry Kurtz's report on Nobambi's close relationship with the unrepentent terrorist Bill Ayers and his fellow terrorist wife.

I must be over the target since I am getting flak.

Straighten up and fly Right!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #87
JB135i
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er junkie View Post
+especially when ours is in such hard times.

ummmmmm-

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21558862/

Our economy GREW despite the housing and credit issues.

Something I always laugh at, and this is NOT directed at 1er junkie.

It's how Democrats don't let facts get in the way of their rhetoric.

ALL PRAISE THE MIGHTY god OBAMA, man that was just disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #88
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant

Drives: -

Quote:

Good points. I agree that the whole "if you're not with us, your against us" mentality isn't appropriate, but I've just never heard Obama get as strong as he was last night. That was the way I took that line, but if you consider it leaving to go to Iraq, then I understand what you're saying and it doesn't seem to carry as much venom.

According to his website, by the summer of 2010, the troops would be out of there. During that time, I imagine some of that funding still would still be there. I don't think during that time all 12 billion/month is staying here. It might be a gradual decrease in funding or something, unless he really restructures the budget. At least I know he's getting it from somewhere.
Appreciate 0