BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

08-27-2008, 05:54 PM   #45
BForbes

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerbimmer View Post
Fair enough.

I'm just having some fun with the Obambi fans.

A person that looks like and is only qualified to run for his Senior class presidency not as POTUS.
Have all the fun you want friend. I'll be enjoying myself when Obama is elected in office. The McSame fanboys dont bother me nearly as much as they use to. He beat the political dynasty known as the Clintons. He broke fundraising records. If his opponent wasnt a fundraising machine he would have raised even more. Somebody with no deep connectoins embedded in Washington did all that and has made somewhat of a movement. Deny it all you want. Barack Obama is a phenom. The Clintons had every single advantage and they lost it. McSame should not be too much of an issue. This campaign seems to do what is necessary to adapt to all the problems that arise.

McSame wasnt good enough for the Republican Party 8 years ago. What makes him so great today? And enough of the senior class presidency stuff...lol Didnt McCain graduate 5th from the bottom or something of that nature. Obama was in the top 5-10% of his Harvard Class if I'm not mistaken.

Keep all the immature slogans, and photoshops coming. I endured that last 8 years of Bush silently. My generation will be the one to put Obama over top. Barack Obama is no perfect candidate. I do believe he is better than John McCain. He is the only one of that candidates that inspires. Nothing in politics or life is certain. But I am excited by the prospect of change, the chance to give change a chance.
      08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #46
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to adrean8j
I don't care what anyone says this IS a great day for America...Democrat OR Republican. First minority to win party's nomination...I never thought it would happen in my lifetime and I just saw it happen...politics aside it is historic and our childrens children and on will learn about this day in history books.

Sorry for the emotion but as an African-American male it has moved me much more than I though it would.
Will I vote for him?....the jury is still out on that....
adrean8j is offline   No_Country
      08-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #47
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant

Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BForbes View Post
Have all the fun you want friend. I'll be enjoying myself when Obama is elected in office. The McSame fanboys dont bother me nearly as much as they use to. He beat the political dynasty known as the Clintons. He broke fundraising records. If his opponent wasnt a fundraising machine he would have raised even more. Somebody with no deep connectoins embedded in Washington did all that and has made somewhat of a movement. Deny it all you want. Barack Obama is a phenom. The Clintons had every single advantage and they lost it. McSame should not be too much of an issue. This campaign seems to do what is necessary to adapt to all the problems that arise.

McSame wasnt good enough for the Republican Party 8 years ago. What makes him so great today? And enough of the senior class presidency stuff...lol Didnt McCain graduate 5th from the bottom or something of that nature. Obama was in the top 5-10% of his Harvard Class if I'm not mistaken.

Keep all the immature slogans, and photoshops coming. I endured that last 8 years of Bush silently. My generation will be the one to put Obama over top. Barack Obama is no perfect candidate. I do believe he is better than John McCain. He is the only one of that candidates that inspires. Nothing in politics or life is certain. But I am excited by the prospect of change, the chance to give change a chance.
:iono:

1. I don't care where he graduated from Harvard. There are many book smart people out there who have the common sense of a door. He also thinks there are 57 states and couldn't remember what city he was in when his kids said good night to him on the big screen.

2. I don't want a president who gives good speeches. God knows it would be a welcome change from Bush, but I want action. I'm curious to hear his speech tomorrow to find out if he really says specifics instead of "yes we can." And how is having Joe Biden change? Haven't we had our fill of a crazy vice president?

3. The reason McCain is good now is simple. There is a fundamental shift in the party. Republicans want a more moderate candidate. Was Rudy hardcore right-wing? People don't want another Bush-term, but that argument holds no water for me. I remember him being called "a republican only in name." That's the mark of desperation. At least McCain was somewhat on the mark with the whole "superstar" theme. Is this a president or a contestant on American Idol?
      08-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #48
BForbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
:iono:
Quote:

1. I don't care where he graduated from Harvard. There are many book smart people out there who have the common sense of a door. He also thinks there are 57 states and couldn't remember what city he was in when his kids said good night to him on the big screen.

2. I don't want a president who gives good speeches. God knows it would be a welcome change from Bush, but I want action. I'm curious to hear his speech tomorrow to find out if he really says specifics instead of "yes we can." And how is having Joe Biden change? Haven't we had our fill of a crazy vice president?

3. The reason McCain is good now is simple. There is a fundamental shift in the party. Republicans want a more moderate candidate. Was Rudy hardcore right-wing? People don't want another Bush-term, but that argument holds no water for me. I remember him being called "a republican only in name." That's the mark of desperation. At least McCain was somewhat on the mark with the whole "superstar" theme. Is this a president or a contestant on American Idol?

I wasnt responding to you. I was responding back to things that were specifically said. Now I'm responding to you. I want to hear John McCain say something more than ''thats not change you can believe in.'' I love how people act as if all Barack says is change change change....yes we can yes we can. You must hear what you want to. Either that or what he says does not relate to you in the things he says. If thats the case then its okay. Cast your ballot for John McCain then.

I dont buy that fundamental shift in the Republican Party. You said you dont want to hear talk but action. You will have to wait for a new President. McCain voted with bush well over 90% of the time. It bothers many that it seems like "American Idol'' or a popularity contest. Why is it such a bad thing for people to love their candidate? The reason Obama is good is simple as well. There is no fundamental shift. It is an entire shift! That is what I want to see. That is what I will see.

Tonights DNC was incredible. It is definitely Obama time.
      08-28-2008, 02:12 AM   #49
Heinzftw
Major

Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord

Quote:
Love it or leave it.
You just need to stop being a tool. Absolutely know one can be perfect. (Well besides you right?) Quit hating everything democratic in general. I for one don't like McCain that much, but I have more respect for the man than most would. You sir are pawn fed by your parents governmental beliefs. Grow a brain and learn some hard facts before posting such non-sense.

-█--------█-
      08-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #50
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
^^ Hear, hear...amen to that brother!
      08-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #51
atr_hugo
No longer moderate

Drives: SWB 335i

I'm going to issue a friendly reminder - stay on topic and avoid personal attacks please. You're doing good so far, even if it has gotten a bit testy at times.
atr_hugo is offline   No_Country
      08-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #52
JB135i
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I don't care what anyone says this IS a great day for America...Democrat OR Republican. First minority to win party's nomination...I never thought it would happen in my lifetime and I just saw it happen...politics aside it is historic and our childrens children and on will learn about this day in history books.

Sorry for the emotion but as an African-American male it has moved me much more than I though it would.
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but he is HALF-WHITE. He may look more like an African-American, obviously he does, but he is no more a minority than Edgar Winter (ancient albino rocker).

He can more accurately described as being the first nominee with African-American blood. But to call him a true minority is just not accurate.

And therein lies the biggest issue we have here, he is the preferred choice of many people because of what he "is" rather than because of what he has done.

For the record I have been saying for months that JC Watts would have been an outstanding running mate for McCain. Hard-core conservative AND African-American, talk about taking an issue off the table, man that would have been sweet.
Attached Images

08-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #53
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Barack Obama is not a racial minority!?! Wow, just wow. I challenge you to provide any legal, medical, anthropoligical source to support that outlandish statement.
      08-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #54
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

One more thing, then I'm done on the subject of racial minorities.

God help you JB135 if you are ever in the position of having to defend a racial discrimination case against a Barack Obama look-a-like employee, and your defense is that he is not really a minority at all – or to use your hyperbole “he is no more a racial minority than Edgar Winter.” Perhaps during the trial you could also have the employee hold up your picture of Edgar to “prove” your point to the jury/judge.

Frankly, it is this fairly recent phenomenom of folks such as you saying whatever is required, even it is blatantly nonsensical, combined with the promotion of ludicrous conspiracy theories (e.g. Obama is secretly a Muslim, as if that in itself should even matter), to promote their political agenda that has caused many intelligent, moderate people to view what is supposedly the conservative party in this country as something much more extreme.
      08-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #55
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant

Quote:

I wasnt responding to you. I was responding back to things that were specifically said. Now I'm responding to you. I want to hear John McCain say something more than ''thats not change you can believe in.'' I love how people act as if all Barack says is change change change....yes we can yes we can. You must hear what you want to. Either that or what he says does not relate to you in the things he says. If thats the case then its okay. Cast your ballot for John McCain then.

I dont buy that fundamental shift in the Republican Party. You said you dont want to hear talk but action. You will have to wait for a new President. McCain voted with bush well over 90% of the time. It bothers many that it seems like "American Idol'' or a popularity contest. Why is it such a bad thing for people to love their candidate? The reason Obama is good is simple as well. There is no fundamental shift. It is an entire shift! That is what I want to see. That is what I will see.

Tonights DNC was incredible. It is definitely Obama time.
To be honest with you, I'm not a McCain fan. There is a lot I don't like about him. For God sakes, he likes ABBA!

I don't know who I'm going to vote for. I am going to watch the big speech tonight with an open mind and maybe he can sway me. I just have heard McCain speak more about specifics instead of his background. Maybe because that's because we don't know that much about Obama and he has to get all that stuff out there. I don't know. I just feel like I have to go to his website to see what he's about.

Truth be told, you're right. I want to see a shift in politics too, but I also want to see substance with that shift. I'm looking forward to the head-to-head debates where both of them can argue for what they believe.
      08-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #56
imported_saturn
Private

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
I actually though of the "LAD" being a slightly different color, but I ran out of time to change it, then I forgot LOL, but I will change it, I agree.

As to leaving OBAMA with the correct spelling...I went round and round with that and finally decided to leave it OSAMA based on the gaf made by Senator Kennedy.

Oh wait, I just realized you spelled it wrong. You have BIDLADEN and it should be BINLADEN. So you should be adding a NLA.
      08-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #57
BForbes

Quote:
To be honest with you, I'm not a McCain fan. There is a lot I don't like about him. For God sakes, he likes ABBA!

I don't know who I'm going to vote for. I am going to watch the big speech tonight with an open mind and maybe he can sway me. I just have heard McCain speak more about specifics instead of his background. Maybe because that's because we don't know that much about Obama and he has to get all that stuff out there. I don't know. I just feel like I have to go to his website to see what he's about.

Truth be told, you're right. I want to see a shift in politics too, but I also want to see substance with that shift. I'm looking forward to the head-to-head debates where both of them can argue for what they believe.
Well you seem like a fair and balanced person. I've made up my mind a while ago. I'm sure you'll make up your mind soon enough. I'm curious as to the route the Republican Party will take at their convention. Will it ALL be about not electing Obama or the great job they've done over the past 8 years. I'm not sure if having George W. and Cheney speak is so wise.

Anyhow, I only got a about 2 answers to my question. Who should John McCain pick?!?!?!?!
      08-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #58
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:

I can appreciate you being proud of Obambi, however, it would have been even more meaningful if he was an American of African descent with a true family history of the American of African descent in America.

Not a son of a Kenyen father who was not a U.S. citizen and a white mother while being raised in a white family and never really been exposed nor had to overcome many of the obstacles Americans of African descent had to overcome until he was in college.

And even then he was given a free ride to the best schools available after being a very average student in High School and Prep school in Hawaii.

Being an American of Italian descent, I was hoping that Rudy Giuliani did better if he even tried.
      08-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #59
BForbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
No name just an idea. The best person for the job! Wouldn't Kaye B Hutchison be a stroke of genius? With the disenchantment lots women have over Sen O's perceived treatment of Sen Clinton there are lots of angry gals out there.
http://www.senate.gov/~hutchison/

I'd actually see if I could find a strong woman from FL or Ohio to help push an electorate big state firmly into my corner.
Ahh your right. A woman with strong credentials would really be a stroke of genius! I was reading a recent article that says Obama might not need the rest of her supporters. Now wouldnt that be something!! To win an election with half of her supporters...hot damn. I still believe the majority of the remainder will hop on board. I mean they really should be voting for a cause and not just a candidate. Its just a perk that I like Obama's character over McCains.
      08-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #60
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:

I am having quite a good time with all the silly Obambi fans pally.

Like you they are basing their decisions on such frivilous things such as Obambi being a black person, a good speaker (only with a teleprompter and a script), raising alot of money, being You Tube literate, appeasing to those who want to chop your head off, raise your taxes so you become totally dependent on big Govt. and Obambi himself, a person who worships at the feet of racist pastors, terrorists like Bill Ayers and his terrorist wife, and all the other gangsters in Chicago that helped him be their messenger boy while being funded by George Soros the billionaire socialist who wants to help bring down the USA.

Yeah, just leave it up to those within your generation that have been brained washed by leftist teachers in colleges and even before.

You and those in my generation who have never given up the dream of bringing down this greatest nation on earth because they never grew up to realize how great this country really is.

So if you childishly think that this is some silly computer game that is being played here with this election, then prepare to have the female members of your family measured for their burquas.

Obambi is non qualified even for class president let alone POTUS.

He will never defend this country, and as many misstakes as GWB has made at least he will kill the bad guys, as will McCain.

And as far as the main job description for POTUS, it is to defend the Constitution of the USA against enemies both foreign and domestic.

It may have helped if Obambi really read the thing when obtaining his Constitutional law degree in that leftist bastion called Harvard.

It is much more noble to have finished at the bottom of one's class in the Naval Academy than as valedictorian at a Harvard.

Yep, just having a swell time bashing Obambi groupies.
      08-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #61
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
No name just an idea. The best person for the job! Wouldn't Kaye B Hutchison be a stroke of genius? With the disenchantment lots women have over Sen O's perceived treatment of Sen Clinton there are lots of angry gals out there.
http://www.senate.gov/~hutchison/

I'd actually see if I could find a strong woman from FL or Ohio to help push an electorate big state firmly into my corner.

Mitt is it!!
      08-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #62
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
I can appreciate you being proud of Obambi, however, it would have been even more meaningful if he was an American of African descent with a true family history of the American of African descent in America.

Not a son of a Kenyen father who was not a U.S. citizen and a white mother while being raised in a white family and never really been exposed nor had to overcome many of the obstacles Americans of African descent had to overcome until he was in college.

And even then he was given a free ride to the best schools available after being a very average student in High School and Prep school in Hawaii.

Being an American of Italian descent, I was hoping that Rudy Giuliani did better if he even tried.
Leave it up to someone to put specific "criteria" on what a African-American should be. I was raised in a African-American family (so called..) but I never had any "obstacles". Did not go to college ....but it was not because of any "obstacles". If you could truly understand what it is to be considered African-American but "different" in that the way you speak, the things you grew up hearing were NOT the things the so called typical African American grew up learning about his cultural background. When in college he began to relate to that particular part of his heritage...for me it began when I went to basic training. I cannot put it into words on this forum for you to understand.... It just irritates me to no end that someone who is NOT...wants to say what someone who IS should be.
African=Someone from Africa
American=Someone from America

African-American= Someone from America with African descent...

And calling Senator Obama or Senator Mccain out of their name is asinine and childish...but some people never learn. Jeez...now I know why I spent so much more time in Europe the last 15years vs. the States.
      08-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #63
Steelerbimmer
Private First Class

Drives:

Quote:
Leave it up to someone to put specific "criteria" on what a African-American should be. I was raised in a African-American family (so called..) but I never had any "obstacles". Didnt go to college...but I didnt ....but it was not because of any "obstacles". If you could truly understand what it is to be considered African-American but "different" in that the way you speak, the things you grew up hearing were NOT the things the so called typical African American grew up learning about his cultural background. When in college he began to relate to that particular part of his heritage...for me it began when I went to basic training. I cannot put it into words on this forum for you to understand.... It just irritates me to no end that someone who is NOT...wants to say what someone who IS should be.
African=Someone from Africa
American=Someone from America

African-American= Someone from America with African descent...

And calling Senator Obama or Senator Mccain out of their name is asinine and childish...but some people never learn. Jeez...now I know why I spent so much more time in Europe the last 15years vs. the States.

If you want to elect someone based on their race, then stay in Europe.

I'm sure the chances of electing someone of color there is so much better than in "the States".

Obambi for POTUS, fugettaboutit, not qualified.

Colin Powell, qualified.
Condi Rice, qualified.
      08-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #64
jrc
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Quote:
^^umm dude -- his signature says he's in Iraq -- probably serving his/your country.
      08-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #65
adrean8j
Brigadier General

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Quote:

I'm sure the chances of electing someone of color there is so much better than in "the States".

Obambi for POTUS, fugettaboutit, not qualified.

Colin Powell, qualified.
Condi Rice, qualified.
Have you ever heard of the term "straw man"? Where in my previous post did I EVER say that I wanted to elect someone based on their race??? I was merely voicing my feeling that I witnessed something historic (which I attributed by the way to him being a minority and did NOT specify which) and that as a African-American male (a minority BTW) I felt moved from watching history. Was it a negative thing...heck no....I felt moved on 9/11 as well and that WAS negative.

Colin Powell: Told his wife he would do one term of public office outside of the military and then spend the rest of the time with her and family...no need to pontificate on that one.

Condi Rice: Qualified but part of the "perceived" problem with the White House now...she would NEVER get elected...no need to dwell on that as well.
I would say more but it is late, I am tired and have to get up early for another 120deg. day. Good Night and Good Luck.
      08-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #66
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant

Earlier today, an aide confirmed that McCain has chosen a running mate.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/....vp/index.html

And Tim Pawlenty has abruptly canceled public appearances

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/...cvn_veepstakes

We will find out tomorrow