BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Correction: 60MPG from a $18,500 car!!



Redition by "Uncle Evan" on carscoop.com. Too bad the bumper from the spyshots are much more conservative.

PRICED AT $18,500....gooooodbyyye Prius.

Hybrid System cost half as much as current Civic Hybrid system(22k)
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
jmb1509
New Member
 
Drives:
Join Date: Jul 2008

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Wow, Honda is going to make some serious bank. The Toyota dealership here is asking close 8k over msrp.
jmb1509 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb1509 View Post
Wow, Honda is going to make some serious bank. The Toyota dealership here is asking close 8k over msrp.
This week Toyota raised the msrp of the Prius to 23,800 if I'm not mistaken. Toyota's hybrid sales to date is 1.5mil versus 277,000 for Honda. I guess they really want to make up for lost time!
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      08-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb1509 View Post
Wow, Honda is going to make some serious bank. The Toyota dealership here is asking close 8k over msrp.
Tell that dealer to piss up a rope. There are plenty of dealers selling them for MSRP.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Tell that dealer to piss up a rope. There are plenty of dealers selling them for MSRP.
I havent heard of price gouging myself. At a base price of 24k, thats waay too much for me.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
I havent heard of price gouging myself. At a base price of 24k, thats waay too much for me.


Base price is $21.5k.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

50-60mpg for 18,500??

Not anymore. I was thinking of the touring.

TORRANCE, California The 2009 Toyota Prius will start at $22,720, including a $720 destination charge, a price increase of $500 over the 2008 model. The price increase will be effective on August 1, Toyota said. Expect the uplevel 2009 Prius Touring model to start at $24,990.


http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=129991

IL insiders are saying up 60mpg!! creepers. I'll believe it when I see it.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Not anymore. I was thinking of the touring.

TORRANCE, California The 2009 Toyota Prius will start at $22,720, including a $720 destination charge, a price increase of $500 over the 2008 model. The price increase will be effective on August 1, Toyota said. Expect the uplevel 2009 Prius Touring model to start at $24,990.


http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=129991

IL insiders are saying up 60mpg!! creepers. I'll believe it when I see it.
It's sort of pointless to compare two cars who's official mileage and pricing have yet to be determined. The current model is still $21.5k. If they bump the price by $1k they're more than making up for it with the mileage increase. Until something proves otherwise in the real world, the Prius is the mileage king of practical cars as far as I'm concerned.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 04:36 AM   #9
Heinzftw
Major
 
Heinzftw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
It's sort of pointless to compare two cars who's official mileage and pricing have yet to be determined. The current model is still $21.5k. If they bump the price by $1k they're more than making up for it with the mileage increase. Until something proves otherwise in the real world, the Prius is the mileage king of practical cars as far as I'm concerned.
Are you kidding me? Honda Insight anyone?? That by far is the mileage king. If I ever needed to chose between a prius or an insight it would be insight for sure. Screw the prius, I hate Toyota's our shit don't stink and were the best bullshit they feed to dumb americans.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Heinzftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 08:58 AM   #10
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
If I ever needed to chose between a prius or an insight it would be insight for sure. Screw the prius, I hate Toyota's our shit don't stink and were the best bullshit they feed to dumb americans.
Trust me..your not alone. I know plenty of people that would buy an equivalent car just b/c its NOT called the Prius. I'm curious to see what Honda does with this one.

Here are the facts:

HONDA SAYS, THEIR GLOBAL HYBRID WILL COME IN LESS THAN 19K.

TOYOTA HAS BUMPED THE PRICES ON THE 2009 PRIUS.

The only thing left is the mpg in this equation.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
Are you kidding me? Honda Insight anyone?? That by far is the mileage king. If I ever needed to chose between a prius or an insight it would be insight for sure. Screw the prius, I hate Toyota's our shit don't stink and were the best bullshit they feed to dumb americans.

I guess you totally ignored the fact that I said "PRACTICAL". If you think an Insight is practical you're smoking crack.

What exactly is "dumb american" about buying a four passenger car that gets 45MPG day in and day out? The mindless hate for the Prius from some people is absurd.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #12
Heinzftw
Major
 
Heinzftw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (0)

I might be alittle mad due to area I live in. There are over 1million people in San Jose, California. I am quite positive that there around/over 20,000 prius's in my area. Wanna see someone speed? No, it's not the guy in the BMW it's the dick in the prius going 45mph down a residential 25.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Heinzftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #13
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
I might be alittle mad due to area I live in. There are over 1million people in San Jose, California. I am quite positive that there around/over 20,000 prius's in my area. Wanna see someone speed? No, it's not the guy in the BMW it's the dick in the prius going 45mph down a residential 25.
:bs:
Oh give it a fucking rest. That is possibly the most BS stereotype I've ever heard. One minute people are bitching about Prius drivers clogging the road trying to get good mileage, and next they're running over school kids.

Why not just admit that you have no good reason for disliking the car and leave it at that, because it's completely obvious.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #14
Heinzftw
Major
 
Heinzftw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (0)

Come to Silicon Valley and find out!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Heinzftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #15
raolc
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So Cal

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

haha i do see the occasional prius speeder which pisses me off just because of the irony in it and all.. and then theres the occasional one going slow as hell... but i know I can't generalize them all because of that

however, we can all agree thats its pretty damn ugly, but with the gas prices these days I wouldn't mind driving one as a commuter as long as I have the 135i besides it
__________________
2008 Riss Racing 135i powered by BMS
raolc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #16
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raolc View Post
haha i do see the occasional prius speeder which pisses me off just because of the irony in it and all..

I don't understand why it would piss you off. A Prius doing 90MPH is still getting better mileage than a 135i at any speed. :iono:
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #17
1er junkie
Lieutenant
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 534
iTrader: (0)

Both are ridiculous. Get the 120d. lol. Give me the damn diesel you bastards!
1er junkie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
1er junkie
Lieutenant
 
Drives:
Join Date: May 2008

Posts: 534
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I don't understand why it would piss you off. A Prius doing 90MPH is still getting better mileage than a 135i at any speed. :iono:
NOT true. Unfortunately. DIDNT YOU SEE THE YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE M3 GETTING BETTER MPG than a prius? lol. just trying to turn your gears. But, I heard of many prius owners upset because they are not getting anywhere near the mpg advertised My mom has a customer who reports only getting around 34~37 mpg highway, but, Im wondering what she is doing wrong :iono:
lol
1er junkie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #19
moff
Captain
 
moff's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i M Sport AW / Coral
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nottingham GB

Posts: 666
iTrader: (0)

In the UK the BMW 118d has the same if not better mpg, similar emmissions and is much nicer to drive and faster (143bhp) than the Pruis for similar money.

I really don't understand why ANYONE would buy a Prius.
__________________
Born 30/04/10: MY10 135i M Convertible, AW, Coral Red, Logic 7, Elec Mirrors, Ipod USB, Xenon's, Heated Seats, Wind Deflector, BMS DCI, JB+, BMW Performance: Exhaust, SSK, Handbrake, Pedals and Shadowline grills

Gone! MY08 135i M Coupe, AW, Coral Red, Logic 7, Xenon's, Darkened Glass, Ipod USB
moff is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #20
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
In the UK the BMW 118d has the same if not better mpg, similar emmissions and is much nicer to drive and faster (143bhp) than the Pruis for similar money.

I really don't understand why ANYONE would buy a Prius.

The CO2 might be similar, but the overall emissions aren't even close. Up until this year there were VERY few diesels that would meet US emissions standards.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
jeremyc74
Banned
 
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evansville, IN

Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1er junkie View Post
But, I heard of many prius owners upset because they are not getting anywhere near the mpg advertised My mom has a customer who reports only getting around 34~37 mpg highway, but, Im wondering what she is doing wrong :iono:
lol

I've taken ours and absolutely ragged on it, and couldn't get much less than 37MPG. The kind of person getting 34MPG in a Prius is the kind of person that would get 14MPG in a 135i, because their foot stays on the floor.

Also, the mileage that is stated in car ads is regulated by the EPA tests. The manufacturers can't say anything else by law, only the EPA numbers. The EPA's tests didn't work well for hybrids until they were revised for last year. The current EPA rating on the Prius is 48/45.

My GF kept track of the mileage on hers at every fill-up for the first year. Excluding the first 5k miles (break in period) the car averged just under 46MPG, and that's with a considerable amount of highway driving. There's nothing else sold in the US with that much room that's even close in mileage.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #22
BForbes
Moderator
 
BForbes's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Ahh...so you actually own a Prius. Things are now making sense. Honda's are generally more of the drivers cars in comparison with Toyota. Hopefully this prius fighter will mirror that. I keep hearing 60mpg talk all over the web from alleged ''insiders.''

60mpg--> 18.5k is effin AMAZING.
__________________
- 04 Honda S2000(gone)
BForbes is offline   Bahamas
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST