BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts
Closed Thread

05-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #45
MrWallyBear
Private

Drives: TiaG 135I

Boise itself is not particular dangerous just some of the outer area's can be like anywhere else. Unfortunately I sometimes have to drive through some of these area's.
      05-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #46
ARES45
Major

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadburn View Post
If you've ever honked at a driver who cut you off, or flipped him the bird, here's the sort of thing that can happen if you're both packing "carry guns."

Last year near Louisville, Ky., one guy turned another guy into a near-vegetable in an argument over right-of-way inside a shopping-mall parking lot. Both had concealed-carry permits.

Both now know that all your good reasons for carrying a gun in your car don't matter.

All that matters is the unexpected, out-of-control ---- that goes down.

Just before 3:30pm on Sunday, June 3, 2007, shots were fired in the parking lot of the Stony Brook Shopping Center in Jeffersontown. 33 year old Darren Pickerill, the driver of an H3 Hummer, was shot multiple times and critically wounded. Retired J'Town Officer Richard Koenig, the driver of a Jeep Cherokee, told police that he shot Pickerill in self defense when Pickerill displayed a weapon. Koenig told police he and Pickerill were arguing over who had the right of way at a four way stop between the Kroger store and National City Bank. A handgun was found in Pickerill's Hummer.

If you flash a lethal weapon to me expect to die or kill me, I will not lose a minute of sleep about it. That was ignorant on the H3 drivers part, you carry a weapon for personal defense not to win an argument.

I will likely not use it to save my precious 135, but usually in these situation your life is threatened. You may choose to let the guy take your car, and maybe he treats you respectfully as he steals your car. However, it is more likely in order to take your car he threatened your life and any of your occupants' lives. Not only that, but maybe he is a professional and does this a couple times a day. He will continue to do this until he:
A) Earns enough to retire
B) Gets caught and goes to jail
C) Is killed due to his dangerous lifestyle

Oh and by the way, the next car he jacked was your mother's car and due to her recent hip replacement surgeory she wasn't getting out fast enough for him and he killed her. Now you may have been able to stop it had you defended your own life such as is your God given right, but you car wasn't worth it. Now you could try and defend yourself and be unsuccessful too, so it is a 'game-time' decision each person has to make, I just prefer to have the ability to choose.

I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
      05-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #47
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 135i

Guns are a pervasive part of American culture for better or worse. Foreigners tend to sneer at this...understandably in some cases, but if you're the type of hothead that tends to start fights or cause roadrage incidents you could wind up being happier you left the weapon home one of these days. There's been very few incidences for me personally where it would have been even remotely acceptable to draw down on someone.

One guy came out of his SUV with an aluminum bat at an aquiantance of mine a few months ago, but he didn't swing it at the dude. Shooting that guy would have been prison time...him and his girlfriend just got in their SUV and left thankfully. I like that ending alot better.
Brandon26pdx is offline   United_States
      05-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #48
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Turbo Festiva

Im happy that I dont have to worry about carjacking. Ive been to the states often....I never felt that my life was in danger(I was driving a Quebec plated car). I feel safer in the States then here(you guys have way more cops than we do).
mtla4 is offline   Canada
      05-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #49
Italteen3
Captain

Drives: 135i JB

[quote=ARES45;146345
I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.[/QUOTE]

+1 Great quote. We Own the Night correct? Jotted that one down right after I heard it.
      05-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #50
ARES45
Major

Drives:

I have heard it several times in the Army mainly in context regarding ROE.
      05-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #51
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp1_tx View Post
and to whom I want.
I hope your whole post was JK. You absolutely do not have this right.
      05-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #52
128ian

Drives:

Quote:
128ian your are right about that ones an idiot and the other is a thug.
thanks droog
      05-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #53
blackbubblebum
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 06 325i

My parents' car got "shot up" on the freeway after they "accidentally" cut off some douchebags, that couldn't handle a minivan driving the speed limit in front of them. So they took out a semi-auto bb gun (orange tip seen) and blew out the back side windows of my mother's van. Scared my poor parents shitless.. pointless act. I hope those douches crash after they had their fun.
blackbubblebum is offline   United_States
      05-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #54
Russo
Commander

Drives: 09 Dodge Dakota Big Horn

Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
people quickly forget that just because it may be legal or illegal for their country's citizens to obtain guns, doesn't mean that the criminals follow the law accordingly...

BLUEFAKES.COM ARE SCAMMERS, LIERS, AND CHEATERS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Russo is offline   United_States
      05-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #55
Chop79
Second Lieutenant

Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Haha, this thread is awesome. I won't make a list of the weapons that will be carried in my 1, but be assured, I am well armed.

I also would like to second everything ARES45 said.
      05-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #56
sndprssr
Tech. Certified

Drives: '08 135i

This is kind of an old video but rather amusing. Some may have seen it before but I'm sure others have not. Not posting this to defend one side of the argument or the other but it does pertain to the thread...
      05-22-2008, 12:44 AM   #57
backtoreality15
Captain

Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndprssr View Post
My wife has to drive through a "not so good" part of town to get home from work and she had a group of 4 people try to get in the car (the 135i) while she was stopped at a red light one night. Luckily a cop rolled up behind her and they bolted...
That is terrifying. I'm glad your wife was alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Glad your using you brain now, sure feels great doesn't it!!!

:headbang:
      05-22-2008, 02:28 AM   #58
mateo
Addicted Member

Drives:

Quote:
Americans carry guns because we can, lets see a Canadian stop us from doing so. I also feel sorry for a country where they speak French and everything is taxed up the AZZ. So go smoke a maple leaf! I came to the US from a communist country where nobody had any freedom. Im glad I live in a country where I have the power to do what I want, when I want, and to whom I want. Plus we are buying your oil, so shut the hell up about guns. Sorry strong supporter of NRA. JK
Right fucking on. My Canadian wife laughed her ass off when I read her your post. She not only thinks it is funny as hell, but agrees with you 100%, and so do I. The maple leaf part was just the icing on the cake.
      05-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #59
stefan
Colonel

Drives: E92M3

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
Hahaha.. threads like this are why I am afraid to drive in the states. Definitely LOL'ed at the "go smoke a maple leaf" comment though!!!

I get where you guys are coming from with the self defense stance. i.e. the bat thing. But how on earth did that guy get that mad to come out with a bat? I mean really.. that person needs psychiatric attention.
      09-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #60
MrRoboto
Colonel

Drives: VO 1M

So much about this is crazy. Why in the hell do you need to cary a gun in the car? Outside of the USA it is such a foreign concept to many of us in the 'civilized' world.
MrRoboto is offline   Canada
      09-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #61
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndprssr View Post
This is kind of an old video but rather amusing. Some may have seen it before but I'm sure others have not. Not posting this to defend one side of the argument or the other but it does pertain to the thread...
fyi, the vid is a fake (i.e. staged). you can google it, but an easy way to tell its fake is the cameraman focuses in on the gun with the camera when its pulled on him.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
      09-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #62
jeremyc74
Banned

Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
So much about this is crazy. Why in the hell do you need to cary a gun in the car? Outside of the USA it is such a foreign concept to many of us in the 'civilized' world.

Murders and armed robbery take place in countries outside the US. The difference is, the criminals aren't the only ones with weapons here. The reason to have one is obvious. It's to prevent becoming a victim. There's nothing "uncivilized" about a gun, or a country that allows its citizens to carry them.
jeremyc74 is offline   United_States
      09-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #63
penny
Captain

Drives: '08 135i (sold)

Nothing is worse than a pussy with a gun.
      09-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #64
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict

Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Send a message via AIM to Motorsports_3
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny View Post
Nothing is worse than a pussy with a gun.

Or an Idiot.
      09-10-2008, 03:15 AM   #65
car1

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Yeah, because no one commits crimes with guns outside of the US...
      09-10-2008, 03:48 AM   #66
Endre
Lieutenant

Drives: E36 M3 3.2 (321hp)

Garage List
2008 E82 120d  [5.00]
Must suck to have to carry a gun at a daily basis!:s Here in Norway, the police dont carry guns either.
120d, M-sport, H&R springs,Remus Exhaust, 135I kidneys, 18"BMW performance with Toyo T1R.(summer) 17" style 207 with Michelin Xice(winter), 17" M3 replica with Toyo R888 (Track), Hardwired H/K GPS 810. SOLD! Now driving E36 M3 3.2 (321Hp)
Track and Autox
Endre is offline   Norway
Closed Thread