BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport
Closed Thread

05-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
ipp
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Drives: F31 320dA Sport Line

Idiots with guns shouldn't be allowed to drive such sophisticated cars as BMWs. And no, guns are not tools.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #24
ihatepostmodernism
Private
Rep

Drives:

Glock 20 10mm is my favorite. And I do carry. I would not keep one in the car because someone could break in and take it. Concealed carry on the hip is better if you can sit comfortably. Pepper spray and/or a tazer gun dont hurt either.

BTW, does anyone participate in IDPA, IPSC or 3gun?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #25
achtungE30
I can has my 135i!
Philippines
Rep

Drives: '08 135, '08 X3, '87 e30s52

Garage List
2008 135is  [4.75]
2010 Cooper S  [5.00]
1991 318is  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to achtungE30
I don't have a carry license because I live in the People's Republic of NJ. The only time my gun(s) will be in the 135i will be when I go to and from the range / gunsmith.

Had my permit since earlier this year, here's what I got so far..

My Beretta and the wife's Walther P-22
May 2011 Self-Photoshoot Part 1: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529573
JB4 G4 | AA DP | BMW PE | BMW SSK | KW V2 | Work
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #26
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Boss 302

-

Glock 26 is usually always by my side:headbang:
-
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #27
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Turbo Festiva

LOL at the guy pointing out that we speak french. I do...so what......its a great asset id rather speak 10 languages then been a stuck up hillbilly that doesnt know his $$/ from his elbow(im not pointing at that user). Ive got a LOT of relatives in the states.My question is yes sure you can have a gun but will you fight for a damn car and will you shoot someone and risk prison for that let the insurance pay. Yes there is pride but.......at some point you have to let go
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

HK P7M8 is my normal daily carry in a Kramer side scabard. I also have been known to carry a Glock 23 or HK USP CT .45
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #29
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep

Drives:

Yes, there is nothing wrong with speaking French. If you read my comment, I came here from another country. Besides speaking English and Russian, I speak Spanish also. I really don’t consider myself a hillbilly since I’m from Texas and its nowhere around the Appalachian Mountains (I’m guessing Canadian collages are also funded by the government).

Look in order to be able to carry a gun in the state of Texas you must first show competence, know the laws of caring a firearm and how to use it safely. This mean you must pass a class or classes and then take a test demonstrating your skill and knowledge.

In states where there are concealed hand gun, crimes are less then in ones that don’t have them. Also I work very hard for what I buy so why should I not protect it.

Let me also give you another scenario what if you car is jacked and you kid/s are in the back seat, will you let the criminal have your car and put your child/children in danger.What if you and your wife pull into a parking garage and are attacked by a gang and you watch your wife getting raped because you’re helpless to do anything. Would you be able to look her in eyes and tell here you did every thing you could to protect her? This is not just a about protecting a car it’s about protecting your freedon and loved ones!

I am proud to be an American and proud of its laws and rights. I guess that’s why millions of people each year try and die to come to this country because of the opportunity it offers to all.

Jk
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #30
128ian
Rep

Drives:

There as many guns per capata in Canada as there are in America.
America carry guns so Canadians don't have to??? Please!
We don`t need guns because we don`t have backward laws and are held accountable for our own actions.

AND Canada has never lost a war which is more than can be said for a Country that is having it`s ass handed to it by a people with sandles, AK`s and nails-washers-nuts-bolt bombs living in caves. oh then ther was the tunneling rice eaters and the Kim Jong`s.

Seriously, it`s just embarrassing
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #31
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128ian View Post
There as many guns per capata in Canada as there are in America.
America carry guns so Canadians don't have to??? Please!
We don`t need guns because we don`t have backward laws and are held accountable for our own actions.
You kind of contradicted yourself there man...

Besides, Canada has not lost a war because they stay neutral until the war is over to claim support of the winner. In case you have not noticed in your couple of days on the site, it's all in good fun here at 1addicts so take it down a notch. If you can't handle a good ribbing back out now...:respekt:
      05-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #32
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep

Drives:

They lost the War of 1812, but they where a colony of Britain then. US invaded Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #33
roadburn
Just a blur...
United_States
Rep

Drives: SGM 135i

Pissed-off drivers & guns don't mix

If you've ever honked at a driver who cut you off, or flipped him the bird, here's the sort of thing that can happen if you're both packing "carry guns."

Last year near Louisville, Ky., one guy turned another guy into a near-vegetable in an argument over right-of-way inside a shopping-mall parking lot. Both had concealed-carry permits.

Both now know that all your good reasons for carrying a gun in your car don't matter.

All that matters is the unexpected, out-of-control ---- that goes down.

Just before 3:30pm on Sunday, June 3, 2007, shots were fired in the parking lot of the Stony Brook Shopping Center in Jeffersontown. 33 year old Darren Pickerill, the driver of an H3 Hummer, was shot multiple times and critically wounded. Retired J'Town Officer Richard Koenig, the driver of a Jeep Cherokee, told police that he shot Pickerill in self defense when Pickerill displayed a weapon. Koenig told police he and Pickerill were arguing over who had the right of way at a four way stop between the Kroger store and National City Bank. A handgun was found in Pickerill's Hummer.

CXXXVi
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #34
128ian
Rep

Drives:

I am having great fun and always love a debate
War 1812 is when Canada (the British) marched on the White House chased the people out and burnt it to the ground.
AND as this is not shown in US text books, the British retreated from the Americas to fight the war with the French which they thought was more important.

Like Amercan's can kick anyones ass, but their government doesn't ever let them.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #35
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep

Drives:

Now the White house is bigger and better and fire proof thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #36
Sugarphreak
Private
Rep

Drives:

Try to hold back the anti-country comments guys, believe it or not there are people on both sides of this argument on both sides of the border

I am a pro-gun use, but I support restrictions on them as well. Not all people are responsible with them which is unfortunate because it ruins it for the rest of us. My favorite dumb thing I see is when somebody goes out and shoots up a house with an unregistered weapon and as a result the government clamps down on the people who are following the rules. How many times have gangs in Toronto shoot at each other with these illegal weapons and the government turn around and bans handguns all together. So they go to the homes of all the people who have registered hand guns and tell them to turn them in.

There has been a few times I wouldn't have minded having a gun handy in the car, but as a result of not having one it probably kept me from going to jail for man slaughter! lol

Anyway, bottom line is that it is nice to be able to protect your family... but it sucks ass when there is a good chance you might get shot by some retard for cutting him off.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #37
canlefty
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp1_tx View Post
Now the White house is bigger and better and fire proof thanks!
...there's a reason that it's white, but I digress.

USA! USA! USA!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #38
128ian
Rep

Drives:

fair enough Sugar... considering my wife is American.
I don't have any hate for American's, just distain for the government.
and Ironman, the Kremlin and the White House are fireproof...just not idiot proof.
Well, maybe better luck with the next ellection.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #39
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep

Drives: Not a BMW

Wow, this thread got off track quickly.

Answer to the OP's question.

1. I only carry in my car if I carry on me. Not much use in glove box when sh*t hits the fan

2. I carry a 38 spl weak side shoulder or strong side waist depending on clothing.

The reason I like to carry a revolver is it's small, thin, and goes bang without having to wonder what manner of safety is on. I also carry a Glock 22 when my clothing permits comfortable carry.

*note: If I was going to not have the firearm on me and have it close, the drivers door storage would be my 1st choice. If you can't shoot left handed you are a little screwed.

-jm2c
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #40
EODGUY
1Addict's Mad Bomber
Rep

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp1_tx View Post
Yea, im thinking of mounting this to the sunroof. What do you think 50 Cal a bit overboard?

LOL Trust me, that thing is almost as long as the car. :biggrin:

*Traded in*
2008 135i/TiAg/Coral/6M/Sport/Ipod/Premium Audio/Heated seats
*Picked up 16 August, gone 21 September. Good ridance.*

1975 Jeep CJ-5
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #41
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Turbo Festiva

Anyhow Im against fighting for a car...why would insurance be there for. One of my friend got shot in the head trying to fight for 10 000$ that he had. If I ever have to defend myself I would use something less deadly. The good old stun gun or pepper spray no witness, no proof to the 5-0s.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #42
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep

Drives:

128ian your are right about that ones an idiot and the other is a thug.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #43
Sugarphreak
Private
Rep

Drives:

Quote:
...there's a reason that it's white, but I digress.
I believe it did not burn to the ground, however it was badly fire damaged. As a result it was white washed during the restoration, thus making it the white house. Something like that anyway.:iono: This is pretty off topic stuff, in present day our troops are fighting side by side in Afghanistan right now. I have family as many Americans do as well over there.

I have had the opportunity to work with a lot of Americans (Specifically Texans and Californians) side by side in my business. We do share a lot of the same values and morals.

As somebody pointed out before, when 4 people try to jack your car with your wife in it at a red light the politics of it melts away pretty quick. We are fortunate enough here that this doesn't happen, I could drive through Hastings in Vancouver at night and not be concerned about this.

Now if it was happening then I would be willing to bet people would start changing their tone in the name of self defense.

A lot of people would think using brush bumpers to mow down people is a mean thing to do, but in South Africa you will encounter a group of people holding hands across the highway. Either you go through them or they pull you out of the car and kill you. Just be fortunate we don't have to deal with that.... yet :wink:

I guess my take on the issue is when in Texas do as the Texans do, there are areas where your life is in danger and having a gun is a way of life. It isn't really fair to judge until you have experienced it for yourself. This thread was created with that in mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #44
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

Send a message via Yahoo to corpsman
Just wondering, is Boise a particularly dangerous city?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread