BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

PYSPEED

04-14-2008, 04:27 AM   #23
BlackJetE90
Colonel

Drives: E90

It doesn't matter.

He is getting the Dem nomination.
      04-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #24
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
Are you insinuating that religious people aren't rational? Because I am not making any comments about religion itself, only that religious people are not irrational or "clingy" or "bitter" with every aspect of our lives.
Nope, just wanted to point out that there is nothing rational about faith in and of itself, as that is essentially the definition of the word "faith". That says nothing towards how people live the other aspects of their lives, however, and I agree with the rest of what you say.
      04-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #25
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 535xi

Oh boy... this seems like a good path to go down.
      04-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #26
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Scrappleface is up to speed (as always ; -): http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2941
Scrappleface is satire at its finest, with Iowahawk a close second (IMHO).
      04-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #27
atr_hugo
No longer moderate

Drives: SWB 335i

Yeah - what's going in Iowahawk's favor is he is INTO cars, big time!!
atr_hugo is offline   No_Country
      04-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #28
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr_hugo View Post
Yeah - what's going in Iowahawk's favor is he is INTO cars, big time!!
I'm proud to be a charter member of the 'Earth Day Virtual Cruise'. As only he could say, celebrating the ultimate MILF: Mother Earth! I may enter my 128i Cv this year, but the mileage is too good!

I also pledged some money to Dave for the rocket-powered Ford. Not sure he'll raise enougn money, though...
      04-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #29
atr_hugo
No longer moderate

Serious thereadjack. Sorry for that brief interlude.

And now back to our regularly scheuled, ahem, "progressive" program, "Obama vs the Pennsylvanian Back-Woodsmen" ; -)
      04-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #30
ptan55
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 BMW F10 535i M Package

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickone View Post
It doesn't matter.

He is getting the Dem nomination.
That is far different from him winning the general election....

Which, ultimately, is the most important thing.
      04-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #31
PA135i
Major

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Never talk about:

sex
religion
politics
PA135i is offline   United_States
      04-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #32
BForbes

Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

I HATE Hillary Clinton....and I dont really ''hate'' anybody. Elitist?? Who is the BIGGER elitist. Didnt Obama just get done paying off his college loans? Clinton and McCain are sitting on stacks. When I say stacks, I mean at least 100million. Almost a year ago I respected her and liked her. There is no way in hell she is going to win the Dem nomination. I mean she has to see this. Yet, she keeps on going ignoring the inevitable. She has this, ''if i cant win, you wont either'' approach. Obama will not win Penn. I've learned in the past to never say never though. On January 1st, 2008 if you had told me Obama would be where he is now I would have laughed.

What about John McCain? Too bad we didnt elect this guy when he was actual sane many years ago. There is just something about him that comes off as cold an insincere. I cannot wait to see both of them in the same room doing a debate. McCain is too old to be a judge in some states yet qualify to run for President. I'm not saying age is sole determining factor but it dosent help...especially with his medical background.

Bottom line: Our little pool of candidates isnt the best. When the hell is it ever though?? Hillary Clinton is beyond polarizing. We need at least 4yrs of something else to clean the funk(mess) left by McCain's party. OBAMA FTW!!

"Close-up in this election campaign, Obama is unlikely. From a distance, he is necessary."
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200712/obama
      04-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #33
Fwapsk

Drives:

"When you take the Rev Wright stories (now THAT is a bitter point of view), Michelle Obama's statement about this is the first time she is proud to be an American, and now his bitter comment, it shows the real man behind the facade.... An unpatriotic elitist who clings on to the race card when it is convenient for him."

Well put. I'm embarrassed I actually voted for OBama in a primary until all this came out. How can a man allow Rev Wright to be his pastor for over 20 years, to baptize his children and perform his marriage ceremony without having an even slightly sympathetic ear to his tirades of hatred? I cannot even comprehend that OBama still has a chance of becoming president. His father was a muslim, his grandfather was a muslim, his middle name is Hussein, he didn't become a "Christian" until mid 20's - who really knows what the foundation of his beliefs are? His church espouses hatred of white middle Americans and focuses on segregation. Imagine the damage he could do to this country if he is elected and his true motives have been concealed.

I also despise Hillary and have no respect for her whatsoever. The plight of the democratic nomination just magnifies my distaste of her.

I do feel that McCain is the most suitable president of the three, because I trust his judgement and morals. I cannot even come close to saying that about either OBama and Hillary. I may not agree in everything he says, but I do believe in the majority of it.

See how they voted here:
www.ontheissues.org
      04-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #34
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja325ci View Post
Never argue on the internet about:

sex
religion
politics
Fixed that for you. Talk is good. Discussion even better.

But on these three subjects you will almost never change anyone's mind, and you certainly wont do it in an online medium.
      04-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #35
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!

Drives: Not a BMW

It's all about HOPE and CHANGE....once people understand that these two words will fix all the bitterness* will end and the world will a better place.

*except for Rev. Wright who clearly doesn't like me because I'm white. Even though a bunch of people keep trying to explain that NO he really does.
      04-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #36
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger

Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkind62 View Post
Can someone explain how his comments are "elitist" The man simply said that people who have lost their jobs or had a hard time in this economy are clinging to the things that are important to them. How in the world is this an "elitist"?
I totally agree.

Elitism, from wikipedia:
Elitism
is the belief or attitude that those individuals who are considered members of the elite — a select group of people with outstanding personal abilities, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight.

You can't label the guy an elitist for a comment in which he was expressing SYMPATHY for the little guy who's been overlooked by big government. That's a complete misuse of the word.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
      04-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #37
PA135i
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomg View Post
Fixed that for you. Talk is good. Discussion even better.

But on these three subjects you will almost never change anyone's mind, and you certainly wont do it in an online medium.
My comment did not fix anything. Was just something I threw out there. I have many posts here and brought many of my views to the discussion. Page back a few posts I have opinions like the rest of us.

My personal view is John McCain is the best choice.
      04-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #38
BForbes

Can somebody explain to me why this ''Great McCain'' decline to show up to the Compassion Forum last night? Really...im curious.
      04-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #39
Call
Call

Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

Here is the irony of Obama's candidacy including the Wright situation, his other ties with homegrown terroists, the bitter comment and really just about everything he has said to date...He is speaking the truth, Liberals are not used to speaking the truth; they never have believed they could win telling the truth; it's just not in their nature.

Obama is upsetting the middle crowd of the Democrat Party. I expect him to win the nomination but you will see that middle crowd vote Republican because McCain is "close enough" to them and more acceptable. Besides I have to believe they can stand to wait four more years...no way McCain runs again.

Now if they only knew who McCain's running-mate was going to be...

Call
      04-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #40
BForbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
Here is the irony of Obama's candidacy including the Wright situation, his other ties with homegrown terroists, the bitter comment and really just about everything he has said to date...He is speaking the truth, Liberals are not used to speaking the truth; they never have believed they could win telling the truth; it's just not in their nature.

Obama is upsetting the middle crowd of the Democrat Party. I expect him to win the nomination but you will see that middle crowd vote Republican because McCain is "close enough" to them and more acceptable. Besides I have to believe they can stand to wait four more years...no way McCain runs again.

Call
Thats a very interesting opinion. Even if McCain wins against Obama, which I doubt, after 4 years Obama would have built an even stronger movement. I still dont see a lot of Democrats running over to John McCain. I dont see Republicans running to Obama either. They will just stay at home.
      04-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #41
atr_hugo
No longer moderate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
It'll be whichever VP candidate 'polls' the best in Florida, Missouri, and Ohio.
      04-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #42
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!

Drives: Not a BMW

I'm bitter that we are still talking about this...DEAR GOD (oops I let it slip out) P L E A S E make it STOPPPPPP!
      04-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #43
PA135i
Major

0002's isn't that the energizer bunny you use as an avatar.

It keeps going and going.. and...
      04-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #44
colonel1961
Rammer Jammer

Drives:

Let me try something here re: Obama. First, I am a Libertarian - fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I am also a white, Southern, Christian, relatively unpoor, educated, duck huntin', man.

So, my take on Obama is that he is an opportunist. Nothing wrong with that at all - I believe people should identify and 'exploit' opportunities - and I mean that in the nicest way. He played his hand very well and made tremendous strides in a very short time. But, I think he compromised his integrity via his association with a fringe church to garner some 'street cred'. Fair enough - politicians have done worse. I truly do not believe that he subscribes to the worst of Wright's rants. He probably regrets that he let the 'relationship' carry on too long, but, as I said, he couldn't turn his back on his base.

What to do now? Take four years off - or more. Stay in the Senate, get some great committee assignments, hone your skills, tighten your rhetoric, pass some legislation, distance yourself from the fringe and take another shot at President later - either four or eight years from now. He's still a young man - and I think a decent human being at his core. He's a good leader and certainly charismatic - qualities that people adore...

IMHO.