BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
ThePerfectExposure
Private First Class
 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

The First American Supercar...









More Pics & Video
http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...-american.html
ThePerfectExposure is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,262
iTrader: (0)

some of the worst fiber glass molding ive ever seen...or cf w/e it is
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
335SWEETNESS
Watch This!
 
335SWEETNESS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 649
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to 335SWEETNESS
They would have to pay me 450,000 to drive that monstrosity! What a waste of money, European cars back then looked 50X better then that "car".
__________________
335SWEETNESS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
JIM E92
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sandy Eggo

Posts: 412
iTrader: (0)



but, I bet it goes like stink
JIM E92 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 03:01 AM   #5
TWiTCHY
Lieutenant Colonel
 
TWiTCHY's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 X3 35i
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 1,762
iTrader: (0)

First American supercar???

I don't think so
TWiTCHY is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 03:13 AM   #6
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,512
iTrader: (0)

oh noooo
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
Hula-Hula
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Hula-Hula's Avatar
 
Drives: ♥
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nürburgring

Posts: 1,970
iTrader: (0)

eeeehmm... ZR1 FTW!
________
WEED VAPORIZER
________
Hot Box Vape
________
DiamondEyes

Last edited by Hula-Hula; 08-27-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Hula-Hula is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,685
iTrader: (0)

About 20 years ago I was a big fan of Jerry Wiegerts Vector W12, but at that time I also was more or less in love with Mariah Carey. Times are changing
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Sniz
Lieutenant General
 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Posts: 10,568
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
About 20 years ago I was a big fan of Jerry Wiegerts Vector W12, but at that time I also was more or less in love with Mariah Carey. Times are changing
yeah but I'd still crush Mariah Carey if I had the chance.......that car, not so much.
__________________
Sniz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
 
NewSong's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

The Z06??? This thread must be a joke.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
NewSong is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #11
ThePerfectExposure
Private First Class
 
Drives: Lexus
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County

Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

As ugly as it might be today, it is widely accepted that Vector created America's first supercar. You guys brought up the Corvette Z06, ZR1, Saleen S7 etc but those cars were created after the W8's debut in 1989. There were no American mid-engined 600+ hp car capable of exceeding 200mph from the factory at the time.

Okay what about the GT40? That was a purpose built race-car and only the last versions of it were capable of hitting 200mph
ThePerfectExposure is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectExposure View Post
As ugly as it might be today, it is widely accepted that Vector created America's first supercar. You guys brought up the Corvette Z06, ZR1, Saleen S7 etc but those cars were created after the W8's debut in 1989. There were no American mid-engined 600+ hp car capable of exceeding 200mph from the factory at the time.

Okay what about the GT40? That was a purpose built race-car and only the last versions of it were capable of hitting 200mph
GT40 wasn't street legal.

I'd say the first American supercar would be the Duesenberg or the Shelby Cobra. Although the cobra did use a british chassis (AC).
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #13
PLAYON
Major
 
PLAYON's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Coast

Posts: 1,414
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
yeah but I'd still crush Mariah Carey if I had the chance.......that car, not so much.
__________________
PLAYON is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
 
TSM330i's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, E86 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (2)

This car is a work of art. It used state of the art manufacturing and materials (most used by today's supercars).
The original design was the W2 and it was designed in 1980 (yes, almost 30 years ago). If you look close, there are three seats and the driver sits in the middle (no, the McLaren F1 wasn't the first center seat supercar).
Here's some more info. The car topped out at 242mph. Pretty impressive even by today's standards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_W8
__________________
2006 330i, TSM, Black, Sport, JIC Cross Coil-Overs, UUC Sways, 18" Advan RS, Mich PSS 255/265, BMW Electric Steering Wheel, Rogue shifter, M-Tech front, CF emblems, Dinan TB, Intake, exhaust, strut bar, Stoptech BBK, LSD, M3 susp., LUX 5, CF Hood and CSL, Sparco Seats, AA tune, CF Roof
TSM330i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #15
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,537
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
This car is a work of art. It used state of the art manufacturing and materials (most used by today's supercars).
The original design was the W2 and it was designed in 1980 (yes, almost 30 years ago). If you look close, there are three seats and the driver sits in the middle (no, the McLaren F1 wasn't the first center seat supercar).
Here's some more info. The car topped out at 242mph. Pretty impressive even by today's standards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_W8
still, i don't like it
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST