BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Steve Thomas BMW

01-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #45
ngl1145
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 Lexus IS-F

I don't use photoshop actually. I utilize Apple's Aperture program to make adjustments to my RAW file images if necessary. If there's something to bright or too dark, you can control the exposure, contrast, brightness, etc. Camera is a Nikon D300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnokGnik View Post

No way that's not photoshopped LOL.

I have seen 3 IS-F's so far and they have a great presence, but I won't have an automatic in a car with that much power.
      01-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #46
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography

Drives: on the track

yea IS-F is a pretty sweet car imo, the reason why it gets so much hate is because its the first "sporty" car from Lexus and everyone had to analyze/detail the shit out of it and even the smallest mistakes had to be pointed out. i am not saying exhaust's can't be better but they are not as bad as some people think, still sounds nice
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
      01-30-2009, 09:59 PM   #47
msile
Second Lieutenant

Drives: AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl1145 View Post
Wow congratulations Mike! You even got the color I would have chosen if I went with the M3. Keeping your 350Z? We should meet up sometime! By the way you're the one who got me into photography. It's funny when you think back and remember your photographs are the ones that influenced me to even buy a DSLR. Currently I'm shooting with a Nikon D300 and love it!

-Nicholas
Hey Nicholas, awesome car. I've seen you on Club Lexus as well.
      02-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #48
deehoo
Private

Drives: E92 M3

Your winter set-up looks sweet!!!
      02-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #49
ngl1145
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehoo View Post
Your winter set-up looks sweet!!!
Thanks deehoo. However I can't wait to change them back to my stock wheels. I personally think the car looks more aggressive with the darker wheels. The snow tires saved me many times this winter. Blizzaks are great
      03-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #50
timozn
Registered

Drives: e46 m3

the lexus is-f is a beautiful car and for a japanese v8 is very good but i think you should switch to bmw haha just a joke
      03-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #51
ngl1145
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timozn View Post
the lexus is-f is a beautiful car and for a japanese v8 is very good but i think you should switch to bmw haha just a joke
Thanks. I just put the stock wheels back on recently. Hopefully it won't snow up here (crossing my fingers).

Taken after I swapped wheels.
      03-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #52
GnokGnik
Captain

Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
yea IS-F is a pretty sweet car imo, the reason why it gets so much hate is because its the first "sporty" car from Lexus and everyone had to analyze/detail the shit out of it and even the smallest mistakes had to be pointed out. i am not saying exhaust's can't be better but they are not as bad as some people think, still sounds nice

Toyota did make the Supra, which can be considered sporty stock.
      03-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #53
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

Toyota IS - Fail !!!!
      03-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #54
ngl1145
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
Toyota IS - Fail !!!!
I love the IS-F. Lexus made a great car and it's a fact. I'd appreciate it if you didn't post negative comments like this. This post is about me seeing another member of this board on the road and making contact. Never made any remarks about M3 or any other car. So please keep your comments to yourself.
      03-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #55
ihyln
Banned

Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ihyln
The IS-F does look stunning in black. Nice ride.
ihyln is offline   United_States
      03-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #56
Wolf-e92
Private

Drives: M3

Quote:
Toyota IS - Fail !!!!
I can't believe this crap is still being posted.

I am the person the OP saw in RI that day. It was a quick run and his car looked stunning. He has already shown through his posts here that he's a good guy and has never bashed the M. In fact, he had nothing but praise for it. Keep your negativity at home. It's not wanted here.
      03-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #57
ngl1145
Private First Class

Thanks Wolf-e92. By the way, where did you order your license plate bracket. I'm going to see if I can get one for my car. I don't like drilling into my car. Well I've put my summer tires back on so we'll have to meet up sometime. We'll have to meet up in the mornings and see who can get to your exit first heheh j/k. I look forward to seeing your M3 again! Cheers.
      03-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #58
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-e92 View Post
I can't believe this crap is still being posted.

I am the person the OP saw in RI that day. It was a quick run and his car looked stunning. He has already shown through his posts here that he's a good guy and has never bashed the M. In fact, he had nothing but praise for it. Keep your negativity at home. It's not wanted here.
+1

Negative posts like that don't add any value to this forum or the members who contribute to it. Show some class your driving a $60k+ car.
      03-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #59
Wolf-e92
Private

Quote:
Thanks Wolf-e92. By the way, where did you order your license plate bracket. I'm going to see if I can get one for my car. I don't like drilling into my car. Well I've put my summer tires back on so we'll have to meet up sometime. We'll have to meet up in the mornings and see who can get to your exit first heheh j/k. I look forward to seeing your M3 again! Cheers.
I bought it from here: http://gominigo.com/NHLPB-main.html but they don't list Lexus as one of the cars it fits. It attaches to the front bumper on the BMW via the tow hook and I don't know if your car has one or not.

BTW: I wrapped up my assignment at Fidelity so I don't take that exit anymore. Now we can run all the way up to exit 32 on 128 in Burlington, MA!
      03-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #60
ngl1145
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-e92 View Post
I bought it from here: http://gominigo.com/NHLPB-main.html but they don't list Lexus as one of the cars it fits. It attaches to the front bumper on the BMW via the tow hook and I don't know if your car has one or not.

BTW: I wrapped up my assignment at Fidelity so I don't take that exit anymore. Now we can run all the way up to exit 32 on 128 in Burlington, MA!
Too bad they don't make one for my car. I guess for my inspection I'll have to tie wrap it! Wow up to Burlington huh. That's a long commute. I end up in Hopkinton, MA. What time do you usually leave? We'll have to meet up now that it's slightly warmer than it was when I first ran into you on the road. Glad my summer tires are on. They make a BIG difference even when accelerating hard going 50+ mph. By the way is yours a manual?
      03-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #61
Wolf-e92
Private

Quote:
Too bad they don't make one for my car. I guess for my inspection I'll have to tie wrap it! Wow up to Burlington huh. That's a long commute. I end up in Hopkinton, MA. What time do you usually leave? We'll have to meet up now that it's slightly warmer than it was when I first ran into you on the road. Glad my summer tires are on. They make a BIG difference even when accelerating hard going 50+ mph. By the way is yours a manual?
No, I'm DCT. I don't have my summer tires on yet though. I'm holding off for a couple more weeks until the temps are a bit higher and my OEM 19s are finished being done in black.

Yeah, the commute to Burlington stinks. If I leave before 6:00 AM, I can get there in about 75 minutes. After that, it's better to wait until after 8:00 AM if I still want to get there in 75 minutes. Leaving between 6 and 8 usually leaves me with a 2 hour commute. Luckily, the DCT is very helpful when in traffic and that is primarily why I got it. I've always been a 6MT guy but with the M as a DD, I went with the DCT.

On the up side, I rode along with a 335 and an S6 on Tuesday all the way up 128 from exit 15 to 26. I've seen some pretty nice rides and even with the traffic, it's fun to just cruise along with them in an enthusiast caravan.
      03-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #62
likestogofast
Old Fart

Drives: e92 M3 6MT... My Beater

I bet they would make one for your car... its just the rod that crews into the tow hook hole... Call them and they will tell you how to measure it... you would be the first to have one for the Lexus IS-F
      03-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #63
ngl1145
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by likestogofast View Post
I bet they would make one for your car... its just the rod that crews into the tow hook hole... Call them and they will tell you how to measure it... you would be the first to have one for the Lexus IS-F
Yes that would be nice. I liked this option because I can put it on or take it of whenever I want. I'll call the place and see how fast they can make one.
      03-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #64
matt beard
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
x2. I was one of the few people that actually like the stacked quad tips. I just wish they were connected, even if there was an advantage to leaving them disconnected. It just makes it seem as if it wasn't authentic. I think it looks good though, and gives the F line something to make them unique in a sea of similarity, and companies not willing to look outside the box.
I to am one who likes the look of the quad pipes. Very sharp car the op has, aswell as the qualiy pics.
      03-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #65
ybbiz34

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan

Quote:
Toyota IS - Fail !!!!
Are you serious?

You mistook an E60 M5 for an E90 M3, at point blank range.
      03-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #66
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
There is lots about the IS-F to like, the rims for example are probably the best design, the seats are mighty comfortable and the noise is as good as any of it's rivals.

Though not a complete fan of it's overall look I do see the appeal in it's aggressive looks and it definitely looks it's best in Black.

A fine example you have there Nicholas.
footie is offline   No_Country