BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
markymarc1979
Colonel
markymarc1979's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,097
Posts

 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
My experience at BMW Toronto

I arrived at BMW Toronto this morning to have an OEM alarm installed.

I booked the appointment a week in advance and I was informed by the service advisor that it would take approximately 1.5 hours to complete the installation.

I have never been so dissapointed in my life. It turns out that they would need to have car for the whole day and that no loaner car would be provided. I fought hard for the loaner car and they simply would not budge.

This is the pinnacle of unprofessionalism and a complete insult. For obvious reasons I cannot be without a car for the whole. They screwed up, wasted my time and gas. They simply did not care and gave me that attitude like I'm just another customer.

Honestly, this dealership has hundreds of cars sitting on their lot and collecting dust. Would it really break them to provide me a loaner car? I don't even care if it was an old crappy 318.

Anyways, my advice to the entire community. Do not get service at BMW Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
enfield
Civilian
enfield's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
945
Posts

 
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I usually book a loaner in advance - i.e. when I make an appointment 2-4 weeks in advance. I have never had an issue getting a loaner if I want one as long as I give plenty of notice.

I will add that I have had no dealings with BMW Toronto. I have only used BMW London.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Trying to wait for car when getting a minor amount of of work done is a gamble at best.A busy major dealer has to try scheduling the work in to take advantage of all the workshop time that is available during the day and do not forget that there is usually work from the previous day that is unfinished.To show up and expect a loaner car without booking it is also unrelistic.I have never had a problem with Parkview in this regards and as Toronto BMW is now owned by the same people,it should also become much better in the future.

Did you buy the alarm from Toronto BMW or bring your own parts in?That could also have influenced your treatment.I know that a lot of dealers will not even install customer supplied parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
markymarc1979
Colonel
markymarc1979's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,097
Posts

 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Trying to wait for car when getting a minor amount of of work done is a gamble at best.A busy major dealer has to try scheduling the work in to take advantage of all the workshop time that is available during the day and do not forget that there is usually work from the previous day that is unfinished.To show up and expect a loaner car without booking it is also unrelistic.I have never had a problem with Parkview in this regards and as Toronto BMW is now owned by the same people,it should also become much better in the future.

Did you buy the alarm from Toronto BMW or bring your own parts in?That could also have influenced your treatment.I know that a lot of dealers will not even install customer supplied parts.
yes I bought the alarm from Jason over at Tischer BMW. It's like half price buying from them. Anyways, my beef is that they screwed everything up and did nothing to compensate me for this.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Touge.ca
Private
Touge.ca's Avatar
0
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: Lotus
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

a loaner should be always available especially when a customer goes back to the dealership (where he/she bought a car) for service!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 vert's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,793
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
I arrived at BMW Toronto this morning to have an OEM alarm installed.

I booked the appointment a week in advance and I was informed by the service advisor that it would take approximately 1.5 hours to complete the installation.

I have never been so dissapointed in my life. It turns out that they would need to have car for the whole day and that no loaner car would be provided. I fought hard for the loaner car and they simply would not budge.

This is the pinnacle of unprofessionalism and a complete insult. For obvious reasons I cannot be without a car for the whole. They screwed up, wasted my time and gas. They simply did not care and gave me that attitude like I'm just another customer.

Honestly, this dealership has hundreds of cars sitting on their lot and collecting dust. Would it really break them to provide me a loaner car? I don't even care if it was an old crappy 318.

Anyways, my advice to the entire community. Do not get service at BMW Toronto.
marky im surprised you got that kind of treatment, i think in all honesty bmw toronto is probably the best dealer out there, they salute me everytime i bring my car over for service...and i didnt even buy my car from there

who do u deal with at service?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
markymarc1979
Colonel
markymarc1979's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,097
Posts

 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
marky im surprised you got that kind of treatment, i think in all honesty bmw toronto is probably the best dealer out there, they salute me everytime i bring my car over for service...and i didnt even buy my car from there

who do u deal with at service?
I can't remember names now, but I'll never go back there again. Their attitude stinks.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
Gearhead999s
Major General
Gearhead999s's Avatar
93
Rep
6,814
Posts

 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
I can't remember names now, but I'll never go back there again. Their attitude stinks.
Maybe your attitude contributed to their attitude
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 vert's Avatar
United Kingdom
22
Rep
1,793
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3, '12 750ix, 760Li Ind.
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Everywhere...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Maybe your attitude contributed to their attitude


they are good people...robert muller the fixed ops manager is amazing...i deal directly with him...he worked there before the store was bought out by the quinns...
but u may have jus went there on a bad day...if u plan on going there next ill refer u to the right SA...
cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
markymarc1979
Colonel
markymarc1979's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,097
Posts

 
Drives: 10 P TURBO + 12 750 + 09 E93
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post


they are good people...robert muller the fixed ops manager is amazing...i deal directly with him...he worked there before the store was bought out by the quinns...
but u may have jus went there on a bad day...if u plan on going there next ill refer u to the right SA...
cheers
I will never set foot in there as long as I live.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST