|05-19-2006, 12:07 PM||#1|
You know you're from a small town...
You know you went to HS in a small town when....
1. You can name everyone you graduated with.
2. You know what 4-H is.
3. You ever went to a party that was held about 20 miles down a deserted dirt road.
4. You used to drag "main."
5. You said the 'F' word and your parents knew within an hour.
6. You schedule parties around the schedule of different police officers since you know which ones would bust you.
7. You ever went or thought about going cow-tipping.
8. School gets canceled for a sports team going to State
9. You could never buy cigarettes cause all the store clerks knew how old you were.
10. When you did find someone old enough to buy smokes for you, you had to drive down country backroads to smoke them.
11. You never missed a Homecoming parade.
12. You still go home for Homecoming.
13. It was cool to date someone from a neighboring town.
14. You had a senior skip day.
15. The whole school went to the same party after graduation.
16. You can't help but date a friend's ex.
17. Your car is allways filthy from the dirt backroads.
18. You think that kids who ride skateboards are weird.
19. The town next to you is considered "trashy" or "snotty" when it is just like your town.
20. Getting paid minimum wage is considered a raise.
21. You refer to anyone with a house newer than 1980 as the "rich people."
22. The people in the big city dress funny, and then you pick up on the cool new trend two years later.
23. You bragged to your friends because you got pipes on your truck for your birthday.
24. On Fridays, anyone you want to find can be found at Main Street or the local resturants.
25. Weekend excitement involves a trip to Walgreens/WalMart.
26. Even the ugly people enter beauty contests.
27. You decide to walk for exercise and 5 people pull over and ask you if you need a ride.
28. Your teachers call you by your older sibling's name.
29. The closest "cool stores" are at least 45 miles away.
30. You went to a General Store for the essential groceries
31. Teachers didn't plan any quizzes or tests on Senior Skip Day.
32. It's normal for kids to be absent from school during hunting season
33. You are always "fixin" to do something.
34. It takes 10 min to walk down your driveway.
35. It's normal for people to wear "coveralls" to school
36. You see nothing wrong with having a shot-gun in the back window of your pick-up.
37. Local businesses close early Friday night for the home football game
38. If you've ever been in a traffic jam behind a tractor.
39. If you've ever hung out in the parking lot of a grocery store because it's the only place open after 9:00.
40. If you get pulled over by the cops and half the people in town know about it from listening to their police scanners.
41. If you know the cops on a first name basis.
42. If you knew every kid in your high school...and their exes.
43. If everyone you knew was at the football game Friday night.
44. If you think Des Moines is a big city.
45. You laugh your head off reading this because you know it's true!
|05-23-2006, 12:59 PM||#3|
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
crap - over half of those are true and more than one made me actually laugh out loud.
when I go back to visit me and my friend go to one of the two bars in town and if there is no one we know we walk across the one way street to the other....
|05-23-2006, 02:10 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
It's sad but true
But I think you forgot one.
46. You drive your Bimmer home and everyone stares at you because you now have one of the nicest cars in town.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|