BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #199
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
bhoch's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
486
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liberty Hill, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [4.25]
I have been through the P90X routine and am now doing the P90X Plus. Once done there, I'm just going to rotate through them.. Basically, have a year long routine that changes up every 90 days. Should be a lot of fun!
__________________
Thanks,
Bill

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #200
punksterz626
Major
punksterz626's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,227
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahambra

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to punksterz626 Send a message via MSN to punksterz626
once u guys master p90x...try crossfit. It will tear u up!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #201
mithiral67
That guy
mithiral67's Avatar
68
Rep
5,724
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by punksterz626 View Post
once u guys master p90x...try crossfit. It will tear u up!
i just wnet back to the gym
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 01:37 AM   #202
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
Spain
112
Rep
7,409
Posts

 
Drives: 14 SG F15
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

iTrader: (68)

Im on the third day and slightly sore. I guess no pain no gain. Love it so far.
__________________
14 F15 X5 3.5i M-Sport SG Terra, Fineline Oak, Driver Pkg, Prem. Pkg, H/K, Spare, 20" 469M Rims, Park Assist, Surround View, Shades MODS Performance Black Grille & Rocker Panel Decals, Painted Reflectors, 3M Bra, Black OEM X5 Frame
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #203
richardbb85
Major
24
Rep
1,466
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

iTrader: (0)

anyone got a copy i can download?
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #204
coh4777
Lieutenant
10
Rep
530
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vegas

iTrader: (0)

just go to limewire
__________________
COH4777
2007 335i Coupe - Jet Black / Coral Red / Aluminum Trim / 6MT / Sport / Premium / CA / Navi / iPod + USB

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #205
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
e90fun's Avatar
36
Rep
1,683
Posts

 
Drives: AW 335i e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA / Santa Rosa, CA

iTrader: (14)

receiving mine sometime this week.
im ready for it! haha.
__________________
Stock 08` Alpine White E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:33 AM   #206
richardbb85
Major
24
Rep
1,466
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

iTrader: (0)

downloading mine, should be done in about 5-6 hrs

lol
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #207
fzpowder
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 e90 325i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

i had a chub friend do p90x he's ripped now
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #208
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
I actually have a question for you guys...sort of an opinion on my situation.

I am 6'7'' 230 lbs and used to be obese (360 lbs). I just dieted (no gym) and lost the weight in a year. Anyways, since I didn't hit the gym, I am not ripped...I mean, I have normal sized muscles for my size. I have been going to the gym on and off for like 2 years now ranging from 6x/week in summer, to basically 3x/week in winter or not at all. This was due to time constraints given crazy school schedule, and has basically got me nowhere!

I am thinking of doing P90X (I downloaded it and did a biceps/shoulders video since I had the appropriate equipment and I honestly like it) - I think it has major potential (an pain). I hated and still hate going to the gym - mostly because it takes 15min to drive there and 15 back - + wasting time there...basically 1.5-2 hrs each session. I like the time there, just don't like the fact that I waste that much of my day.

The next problem arises in the fact that I am a medical student - and rounds are staring this winter...i.e. not much time. I know for a FACT that I will not be able to give 1-1.5hr/day on P90X, but I am wondering if you guys think it's worth doing this routine, albeit at a slower pace (i.e. 1 day on, 1 day off or 2 days on, 1 day off). Given the fact that I can do this @ home/appt, it minimizes the 30 min of driving that can be substituted for well-needed sleep...This is as opposed to doing nothing, or just hitting up the gym when I have time and probably doing some biking every few days.

Opinions welcome.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #209
Doctor T
Private First Class
Doctor T's Avatar
4
Rep
191
Posts

 
Drives: AW E90 LCI M-Sport N55 RWD 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
I actually have a question for you guys...sort of an opinion on my situation.

I am 6'7'' 230 lbs and used to be obese (360 lbs). I just dieted (no gym) and lost the weight in a year. Anyways, since I didn't hit the gym, I am not ripped...I mean, I have normal sized muscles for my size. I have been going to the gym on and off for like 2 years now ranging from 6x/week in summer, to basically 3x/week in winter or not at all. This was due to time constraints given crazy school schedule, and has basically got me nowhere!

I am thinking of doing P90X (I downloaded it and did a biceps/shoulders video since I had the appropriate equipment and I honestly like it) - I think it has major potential (an pain). I hated and still hate going to the gym - mostly because it takes 15min to drive there and 15 back - + wasting time there...basically 1.5-2 hrs each session. I like the time there, just don't like the fact that I waste that much of my day.

The next problem arises in the fact that I am a medical student - and rounds are staring this winter...i.e. not much time. I know for a FACT that I will not be able to give 1-1.5hr/day on P90X, but I am wondering if you guys think it's worth doing this routine, albeit at a slower pace (i.e. 1 day on, 1 day off or 2 days on, 1 day off). Given the fact that I can do this @ home/appt, it minimizes the 30 min of driving that can be substituted for well-needed sleep...This is as opposed to doing nothing, or just hitting up the gym when I have time and probably doing some biking every few days.

Opinions welcome.
I finished P90X a year or so ago. While it's a good program, I wouldn't recommend it in your case since it is so time consuming.

Without knowing your goals and assuming a general fitness routine, I'd suggest you try a 3 times a week full body, weight training routine like Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training program (workout sessions are 30-45 minutes). Skip cardio. Fast for 24 hours once or twice a week if you want to lose fat.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #210
The J-Man
Lieutenant
13
Rep
413
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Anybody tried Insanity? It makes P90X seem like a quick jog through the park. I've been doing P90X on and off for about a year, and did about a month of Insanity. I had to quit because it was giving me serious shin splints and ankle pain (probably due to my flat feet). It's basically like doing the P90X plyometrics routine 6 days a week. My heart and lungs can keep up with it, but it just kills my shins. It seems like a good program to get you super lean if anybody is interested and can handle the high impact stuff.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #211
The J-Man
Lieutenant
13
Rep
413
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Denver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
downloading mine, should be done in about 5-6 hrs

lol
It's honestly a pain to download it. It's like 15GB and takes something like 10 cds. Considering you can buy it on ebay for $50 or so, that would be my choice. (although I downloaded it)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #212
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
GewoW's Avatar
Greece
69
Rep
3,839
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Any other reco's for "Turbulence Training"?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #213
bobbyd1961
Banned
26
Rep
2,411
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

i need to start that NOW dammit!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #214
Dvdman
Captain
Dvdman's Avatar
30
Rep
905
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335 XI
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

I am in the first 2 weeks of insanity. Its hard....
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 03:41 AM   #215
vladdy328
Lieutenant
vladdy328's Avatar
10
Rep
555
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (3)

Im about 40 days or so into int, I've already lost over 15 pounds and my body is transforming fast. It is hard though, and you have to be committed. Not only to the workout but also your diet. I'd recommend it to anyone!
__________________
2013 Audi A4 S-Line Black/Black|20" Rs6 wheels|H&R
2008 BMW 135M White/Red


"Come to Me, and I will give you rest." || Matt 11:28

Last edited by vladdy328; 03-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #216
fherjohn
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San diego

iTrader: (5)

im selling my p90x with box books and all dvd's if anyone is interested. pm me
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #217
VAlsbM3
AwwwYEA!
VAlsbM3's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
92
Posts

 
Drives: DD - e90 325i / Track - E46 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, I just finished my 1st week of P90x and it's awesome. Only thing I hate is waking up early in the morning and my body is sore as hell. Today is a rest/stretch day. Thank God!

Overall, the program is awesome so far.


Oh yeah, I never thought yoga was so hard. Serves me right.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #218
mithiral67
That guy
mithiral67's Avatar
68
Rep
5,724
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAAW135i View Post
Hey guys, I just finished my 1st week of P90x and it's awesome. Only thing I hate is waking up early in the morning and my body is sore as hell. Today is a rest/stretch day. Thank God!

Overall, the program is awesome so far.


Oh yeah, I never thought yoga was so hard. Serves me right.
ha, yea, the yoga is so much harder than you think. I have only done that one once, would rather substitue a leg day in a the gym for that one.
__________________
2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob - Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #219
duk
///M
United_States
42
Rep
2,967
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

I just finished my 3rd week today! can't wait for the next the 2nd set!
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #220
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
ZuerstBMW's Avatar
Spain
112
Rep
7,409
Posts

 
Drives: 14 SG F15
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL.

iTrader: (68)

I hate the Yoga as well
__________________
14 F15 X5 3.5i M-Sport SG Terra, Fineline Oak, Driver Pkg, Prem. Pkg, H/K, Spare, 20" 469M Rims, Park Assist, Surround View, Shades MODS Performance Black Grille & Rocker Panel Decals, Painted Reflectors, 3M Bra, Black OEM X5 Frame
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST